• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Maine Referendum: Gay Marriage Repealed

Grandeza

Smash Master
This is very bad. a clear example of why the public is too ignorant and stupid to vote on laws. I just don't understand why people care so much about it. It's really just awful :[

Mary Lou Narbus, a 51-year-old mother of three from Rockwood, Maine, told ABC News she's pleased Question 1 prevailed in rejecting same-sex marriage. "I believe that marriage is for a man and a woman... and I don't believe that [gay marriage] should be taught in school, period," she said.
Honestly, I just can't even begin to tackle such ignorance and prejudice.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/maine-gay-marriage-law-repealed/story?id=8992720

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Forget the limit to people's moral standards, according to the constitution, this should not be a law.

Article 1 Section 9 states:

No Bill of Attainder or ex post facto Law shall be passed.

Attainder means against a specific group.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
**** Maine. Also, **** every ignorant citizen in this "great country" that can't see past the fact that they're of the same sex.

People are ****ing idiots. **** like this and racism make me wonder how the **** America is such a world power, if we can't get past stupid **** like this.

BBQTV

Smash Master
i heard obama got rid of the dont ask dont tell policy in the army

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Forget the limit to people's moral standards, according to the constitution, this should not be a law.

Article 1 Section 9 states:

No Bill of Attainder or ex post facto Law shall be passed.

Attainder means against a specific group.
This.

My wife's in love with you, btw ^^;

But yeah, I was going to say the whole church and state thing from the constitution should apply, but this is even MORE to the point, an exact article and section describing exactly what this legislation is, and yet it's on the books. Now she (my wife) has pointed out that this is only still on the books and not been declared unconstitutional by the supreme court because of the actual court members being many from regan and bush era politics, stacking the deck in favor of christian fundamentalism (which I wouldn't have realized) but if that's the case than the whole system is in jeopardy. we are supposed to be able to trust in our highest court to rule fairly and be the most literal when coming to constituional disputes, and here we have a VERY obvious law singleing out a specific group. it's wrong.

Neo Exdeath

Smash Ace
Mary Lou Narbus, a 51-year-old mother of three from Rockwood, Maine, told ABC News she's pleased Question 1 prevailed in rejecting same-sex marriage. "I believe that marriage is for a man and a woman... and I don't believe that [gay marriage] should be taught in school, period," she said.

My faith in humanity has just dropped to an all-time low.

Dark_Bomb

Smash Rookie
Interesting. While I was raised with my family yelling in one ear and the other that if I ever turned out gay they'd disown me and for me to stay clear of gays as they are unhuman ****, I've never really thought that way. It makes me sad to see they lose their rights there. I see the whole religious beliefs but it is all nothing more than naieve realism that we believe one religion is superior to another and that our belifs rise over another and others and therefore we think it is a no no for gay marriage well then it is a no no in the end. Let people do their thing. Do they wana get married? Yes? LET THEM! Yeesh, I don't get some people out there. That removal shows great idiodic behavior.

Smash Master
I don't get why christians are so ********. I mean, the bible (Deurotomy) also says that if a woman isn't a virgin when she gets married, she should be executed. Why aren't they out there calling for the banning of remarriage? Well we're at it, lets examine the passages that state that marriage is exclusively for procreaton and ban sterile couples and couples who simply do not want children from being married as well. Hell, we can really preserve the sanctity of marriage by restricting it to white property owners with brown hair and blue eyes. Look at me, I'm a regular compassionate conservative.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
there was a judge in Louisiana recently who outright refused to marry interracial couples because he "believed the child would suffer for it."

sammy p

Smash Lord
**** Maine. Also, **** every ignorant citizen in this "great country" that can't see past the fact that they're of the same sex.

People are ****ing idiots. **** like this and racism make me wonder how the **** America is such a world power, if we can't get past stupid **** like this.
F*** YES!!!!! :laugh:

but seriously.... this is way too bad.. it makes me sick to know that people dont get the same rights as other people. someone pointed out a long time ago, "you cant help who you fall in love with", and thats 100% true!

Nick A

Smash Cadet
I have close connections with the lgbt community. This kind of thing really upsets me.

The 2000s are starting out horribly.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Starting out? *Looks at calender* The naught-ies are over in a few months.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Gay marriage is inevitably going to be legalized.

I don't get why they don't just face the facts and let it happen sooner rather than later.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Personally I don't see why a state approved marriage should be in any way even related to the religious shenanigans of it all.

I mean, the whole "no gay marriage" doesn't really bother me. I don't need a document to tell me I love someone and want to spend my life with them. Neither do I need Church bells and Father Pedophile to tell me I am now married.

Smash Master
What bugs me is how they single us out. What about the non-virgins and the interracial couples and the sterile folk? The bible says horrible things should happen to them too.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
What bugs me is how they single us out. What about the non-virgins and the interracial couples and the sterile folk? The bible says horrible things should happen to them too.
They'd say something along the lines of "it's not their fault." Oh, wait.

In all seriousness, I live in Massachusetts already, so I don't much care. I hate Maine.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Well basically the justice system is going down the line. At one point, a woman not being a virgin before marriage was a horrid thing. And inter racial marriages weren't fully legal until 1967. Gay marriage will follow eventually.

BBQTV

Smash Master
Gay marriage is inevitably going to be legalized.

I don't get why they don't just face the facts and let it happen sooner rather than later.
for lol. people love to fight battles they cant win

Top Bottom