• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Major Downfall

Excellence

Smash Champion
Has this ever happened to any one of you? I was playing Smash for a while, and then out of the blue I played someone I play all the time. He starts two stocking me? At first I though about what just happened, usually my Olimar eats his Ike alive doing 2/3 stocks. Maybe he's able to read me now, or maybe he's just better? I decide to play a few more matches online and I'm starting to lose to Sonic even Zelda, who I've had no problems to. These people are completely new, and I have had no trouble with them in the past. Next I played a very competitive opponent, someone I've went toe-to-toe with evenly, but all of a sudden he's crushing me with an Olimar using no Pikmin! I don't know what exactly caused it, but my game took a sharp decline; like nose dive into the ground. When you try and explain your situation to people online who attack you saying your garbage, they tell you to stop complaining; so, they're really no help. Someone explain, please. :urg:

KoopaKoopaParatroopa

Smash Apprentice
they're adapting. you're not.

maybe it's your mindset... if you think you're fighting someone weaker, you're going to be aggressive and less cautious. take each person as someone you've never played before.

my two cents.

Spammit

Smash Rookie
sometimes, you just have a bad day of smash. But koopa is probably right.

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
maybe they learned to play
maybe youre predictable
maybe youre not defensive at all
maybe youre way too agrresive
maybe theyre grabbing the crap out of you
maybe theyre gimping you and you dont know how to recover

now... what id suggest you is, if they are not grabbing the crap out of you, grab the crap out of them, youre ollie, he has the best grab game in brawl in my opinion, also, recovering, use jump 2 to float near the edge, if they hand, do a fair/uair to get them out of the edge and do up+b

this should solve some problems, your othe rproblems will be: play them smartly, use all your moves (specials, aerials, tilts, smashes, grabs and jabs), also, shield grab them when youre able to (dont shield smash, its blockable) and dodge both in air and ground if youre no tdoing that.. also, control the game, make them play your game, dont play theirs, take control of the situation and the fight and the odds of you winning will greatly increase

pretty much all i can think of

Top Bottom