• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Major League Gaming Acquires Smashboards

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
I bet you make love to Brawl.
Lol. Do you think the Brawl disk is too big for his *you know what*?

But seriously, let's stay on topic.

I don't see much development with Brawl, even if it supports it over Melee. In order for Melee to get the spotlight, the Brawl community will have to make a major self-destruct (which could definatly happen). A Melee elist sees this as a huge opportunity to bring the game back, with the money and opportunities MLG has with hosting tourneys and so on. I could be all wrong with this, it's hard to foresee any major changes, and such...

Galaxy

Smash Journeyman
Lol. Do you think the Brawl disk is too big for his *you know what*? [quote/]

No. He's probably 10.

Anyways, Brawl will be picked up if any smash is picked up.

Halo 3/Halo 2 is almost the same as Brawl/Melee.

H3 is bigger, therefore picked up.

Dr.Jo2229

Smash Rookie
Sorry for the noobish and ignorant question guys but whats this major league gaming??and what does it mean with "Acquires Smashboard".

tubes

Smash Ace
Lol. Do you think the Brawl disk is too big for his *you know what*? [quote/]

No. He's probably 10.

Anyways, Brawl will be picked up if any smash is picked up.

Halo 3/Halo 2 is almost the same as Brawl/Melee.

H3 is bigger, therefore picked up.
I don't think this is a very good comparison. When I played brawl for the first time It was so insanely different. It was like "What the hell? why do I slide forward so much when I upsmash from a dash? whats this weird lag between when I press the jump button and when I actually jump? Why can't I knee anymore? Why is everything so slow and why is fox so floaty? What the hell is it that's making me trip I can't figure it out!!!

I'm not trying to diss brawl, But you gotta admit switching from melee to brawl feels extremely awkward. It took me about a week just to get use to how different brawl is. And at the time I was anything but a competitive player. The most technical thing I could do in melee at the time was short hop with Falcon. I couldn't do it with fox.

I didn't play Halo2 that much, but when I swapped to Halo3 there definitely wasn't a god**** week long awkward period. Halo 3 felt like controlling a character on the moon wearing really good cleats just like Halo2 and the original Halo.

Maybe Halo2 was like melee and infact had a whole world of depth to it I didn't know about but to me Halo3 is Halo2 minus bxr canceling. also alot more bloom.

So imo Halo3/Halo2 doesn't come close to brawl/melee. Halo3/Halo2 is more like Melee without wavedashing or L-canceling/Melee.

If there actually was alot more depth to halo2 I didn't know about (because I did not play it too often) feel free to point that out.

and for the record,THIS IS NOT A MELEE VS BRAWL POST!

kr3wman

Smash Master
He's talking about the fact that Brawl gets bigger turnouts like Halo 3 would get bigger turnouts than Halo 2.

KORMEGA

Smash Rookie
i hope mlg picks up brawl, it would be huge for the game, and the community would attract new players and make it bigger then ever. and also we'd be able to see videos from the best players in the world(since m2k and tohers never wanna be recorded) in MLG pretty much all matches would be recorded

btw this is off topic but brawlover dude whats wrong wtih you, every thread i go to i see about 20 posts from you pretty much all being random troll posts with no significance just so you could get your post count up dude you joined september adn you already got over 2,000 posts, if you only posted 100 posts and they were credible and meaningfull, you'd be more respected. your like the troll king dude, **** is lame

Flamingo

Smash Lord
i hope mlg picks up brawl, it would be huge for the game, and the community would attract new players and make it bigger then ever. and also we'd be able to see videos from the best players in the world(since m2k and tohers never wanna be recorded) in MLG pretty much all matches would be recorded

btw this is off topic but brawlover dude whats wrong wtih you, every thread i go to i see about 20 posts from you pretty much all being random troll posts with no significance just so you could get your post count up dude you joined september adn you already got over 2,000 posts, if you only posted 100 posts and they were credible and meaningfull, you'd be more respected. your like the troll king dude, **** is lame
Dude MLG events are awesome! Wouldn't it be nice to be sponsored for Smash? xD

Conti

Smash Ace
Who knows...

I wonder when MLG will come out with a televised Brawl circuit, that would be a lot of fun to do!
I just hope that they don't cut this off like a bad habit as they did Melee.

THEN I'd be pretty mad at MLG. But right now, i'm very happy about the merge. Shows that this community is actually getting out there and not just staying underground.

Edit: Ok, I just caught something in the guide that MLG made.
Final Smashes? Please don't say they're gonna bring the smash ball into their tournaments...
Every MLG Event they stream live feed of the tournament so expect to see it...
MLG Meadowlands is in April and even though im going for Halo, i do expect to watch (maybe play) Some Brawl if MLG does pick it up (which we will find out really soon... only reason why i think they wont is cuz its for the wii, and wiis are very limited, they would need like 50 Wii's)...

Side note: MLG ALWAYS PICKS FAIR AND COMPETETIVE GAMETYPES, Dont worry, I am 100% positive that it will be SBR Rules, Fair Maps (Final Destination, Battlefield, Smashville, Yoshi) ,No Items, Stock, No Smash ball (and probly a couple other rules like against glitches and junk)... Dont worry it's all good

AAP

Smash Journeyman
unfortunately my confidence in MLG to run this site and provide for the community is dwindling by the day for me. To lose certain site features during a server change is acceptable, for those site features to remain down 3 months later is a bit of a different story. Myself like many others have branched out to various sites to find online matches since the demise of the friend finder, what i had hoped would be only a temporary thing.

Then i started to wonder: What keeps me coming back to smashboards? the forums are great and still the best source for info IMO, but other sites have forums and although there are few topics that are unique to smashboards. Many of the topics posted here are posted on those other forums by the same people, so with other sites offering more features and the same content. Its only a matter of time before i'll no longer bother coming to this site.

So if MLG figured they'd acquire this site to have a direct line to the smash community, i think they ought to get they're *** in gear before the community settles into its "new home".

thatsyournamedude

Smash Rookie
I don't see why they wouldn't pick it up. Some of us here live in a country where the highest grossing sport is NASCAR. no offense to those who like it, but come on, smash bros is much more entertaining to watch. Plus you dont need a $100,000 car to compete.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I'd be sad of if MLG picked up Brawl. What a sad state of affairs when there are no other decent competitive games to showcase cept for Brawl.

Top Bottom