• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[MAJOR] Reloaded VIII - July 16th 2011 (Adelaide) 1ST PLACE NOW $1000

Dekar289

Smash Hero
that reminds me, syke
pretty sure you owe me 50c from our 1 stock hyrule bowser marth mm at poo
double or nothing?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
me
we did random character and random stage
syke was begging for mercy but i got off big time

Dekar289

Smash Hero
you were bowser? icicle mountain cp?
yer i dont remember at all either
cept i remember i won B) yeee

Splice

Smash Hero
I'll MM anyone in Brawl with GaW.
Adept
Jaice
DoMo
Seth
Jamage
SD
Tedeth
ZXV
Shaya
Scoot
Ghostbone
Grim
Apollo
Eagle

I want to money mattch you all
And ill MM anyone else from SA or QLD who wants to :)

I'll also MM some people with DK, depends who they are and who they main lol :p

Splice

Smash Hero
^ I hope I can MM all these newcomers too ^

Oh hey there Meteor.
I'll MM you as well.

-Googs

Smash Lord
the infinite is viable, all you need is a good read, if they "get up" after tripping on a banana and you read it, it's so easy, same with if they roll towards you. All it takes is a good read and practice. If don't think top level players get reads on each other your dumb lol.

I've gotten the infinite off on ally, the replay is just saved on my wii that's in montreal apartment, i don't move back until august

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
How is the number of setups looking? Brawl Singles/Doubles + Melee Singles/Doubles is gonna be hard to pull off in one day without a bunch of setups.

I estimate 6 hours for Brawl Singles alone if you have 60 entrants with 20 setups with 9 pools and 32 DE Bracket.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
I'll MM anyone in Brawl with GaW.
Adept
Jaice
DoMo
Seth
Jamage
SD
Tedeth
ZXV
Shaya
Scoot
Ghostbone
Grim
Apollo
Eagle

I want to money mattch you all
And ill MM anyone else from SA or QLD who wants to :)

I'll also MM some people with DK, depends who they are and who they main lol :p
I'll MM your G&W, and maybe your DK as well (how do DK dittos sound?)

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
Mmm I dont think so, I did make a mistake somewhere since I'm now getting about a 5hr estimate.

60 ppl with 9 pools = 3 pools of 6 + 6 pools of 7
In a pool with 7 people there are 21 combinations to go through. With an average of 2.5 games per set, thats 52.5 games to go through. With 2 TVs running thats really 26.25 games to go through.

Assuming each game goes for ~6 minutes (including wasted time like choosing characters etc), you get 2 hours and 38 minutes for pools alone.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i made a mistake too, thought you said 6 hours for brawl pools alone
whatevs we'll be fiiiine like nova said

Splice

Smash Hero
i accept the DK ditto MM and the MM vs my GaW, Ghost

Tibs, since ur from VIC, why dont you just show up to a local to MM me?

:/ I'd rather MM you another time, seeing as ill probs run out of time MMing all the interstate players anyway :c

The_Wookie

Smash Apprentice
Reloaded: One Week to go

Event times

Setup time: From 7am, Friday, July 15th
Doors Open: 6pm, Friday, July 15th
Comps Clse: 2am, Saturday, July 16th
Comps Open: 8am, Saturday, July 16th
Comps Clse: 2am, Sunday, July 17th
Doors Clse: 8am, Sunday, July 17th

Door Prize: 6pm, Saturday, July 16th (You MUST be present at the draw to win)

Ticketing

$30 ALL Male Competitor Tickets
$15 Female PC Tickets
Female Console Entry Free
ALL Spectators Free

Note: Paypal, Direct Debit and Credit purchasers may collect their tickets at the door any time after 7am.

Tickets may still be purchased from most Gametraders outlets, Adelaide Online Computers (in store, and online), Paypal, Zenith Computers (Christies Beach) and Gamequest (City).

Note: You must have purchased a ticket before the event in order to be eligible to win any of the fantastic door prizes supplied by Thermaltake.

Seating

Seating Map: Here
There are currently 58 seats unreserved. Seating may be extended if its fully booked by Wednesday.
Seating reservations WILL close 6pm, Wednesday July 13th, with very limited exceptions.

Get your seating requests, including group names and ticket numbers in via email to seating@reloadedlan.org ASAP!

Weather Warning

Temperatures are expected to be cold, and the weather is likely to be wet, so please prepare accordingly. We strongly recommend wearing warm clothing, or at the very least bringing it with you. You may not bring your own heaters to this event, but blankets, sleeping bags and anything else you can use to keep you warm, should be considered.

Important! UPDATE!

- Steam
- Windows
- Antivirus
- Games

Please note that EVERY TIME there is a Reloaded event, Steam tends to go on a massive run of updates. For your own sake, and our sanity, please remember to update before packing for the LAN. Updating your operating system and anti-virus protections are also important, and should be done prior to plugging in to our network.

What to bring

What Reloaded Supplies:
Basic Plastic Chair (You MAY bring your own)
80cm of Table Space (about 31")
1x Network Port
Power

The Venue will supply:
24 hour Canteen.

Network cable will be available from helpdesk (for sale), and other vendors will be selling Tt eSports gear and other computer/gaming related hardware and peripherals!

Final Notes

There is limited parking at the venue, and this tends to fill up rapidly. Early arrival is recommended in order to park as close to the entrance as possible.

For more information please consult the following:

Essential LAN Information Thread
Event Timetable
Event Rules

swordsaint

Smash Master
given all the interstate attendance for smash here, and its extremely large prize pool, you'd think that the extra $30 per person would warrant some more tvs.

The_Wookie

Smash Apprentice
given all the interstate attendance for smash here, and its extremely large prize pool, you'd think that the extra $30 per person would warrant some more tvs.
Its a work still in progress. Its likely we'll have more, but this cant be confirmed until mid next week. Our request for tvs in exchange for free entry has yielded minimal results to date, so the majority of tvs supplied for this are owned by me personally.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Is it possible that doubles can be played on Sunday?

Sounds like it has to be.

Also, any chance we could get livestream?

:phone:

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Yeah, Sunday won't do.

We'll definitely have more than 8 TVs, don't worry :p

Wookie, you said something earlier about free entry if people bring TVs, is that still on?

Attila, I think Apollo can set up livestream.

Top Bottom