• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[MAJOR] Reloaded VIII - July 16th 2011 (Adelaide) 1ST PLACE NOW $1000

Splice

Smash Hero
Well then maybe it's time you draw the line between 'enjoying' your tournament matches and actually winning them.

It's a pretty neat john though, I lost because I was trying to have fun XD
@TheFirstLine: Although I'm not 100% sure what you mean by that due to what I would consider poor wording, that is what I have been doing since Reloaded and if I havent made it clear already that's why I've been playing Melee instead. Again you say things with out bothering to think what I'm trying to say :(

And I'm not johning at all. I'm just SuperSalty :D

@Attila, cut Corpse some slack ffs.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Yeah no joke attila, Perth's scene is going bad enough as it is, no need to constantly grind one of their last + active players into the ground. We get your point now bro.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Grim, I have tried to play both chars competitively, and Wario definitely seems to have the longer grab range. Both have horrible pivot grab speed too.

I'm not sure which char would have more or less traction than the other on a none perfect shield, however if you are arguing with Attila, Snake is the worst character in the game in his opinion regardless of how correct your argument is lol.

I linked 5 pages disproving what he was saying once against Snake and he still disagreed haha. But yes the tilts are easy to punish in most instances, and with decent spacing, you shouldn't really be getting hit by them too often.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Grab

apparently jiggs' is just shorter. i assume shield traction would play a role (which is also why diddy is broken at grabbing tilts).

as far as im aware, there is 7 frames to hit snake in between ftilt1 and ftilt2. i know this because i've tested with tibor that diddy kong can bair oos in between the hits (7 frames), and snake cannot grab (8 frames) in between the hits of another snake's ftilt.

snake is a top character, but his tilts have little to do with that.

that's all i'm saying. never said he was terrible (imo marth/falco is probs better, but thats it atm).

also, wasn't having a go at corpse, you kids are just overreacting.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Ah k, I didn't know someone compiled the grab lengths, that's pretty cool. I was just trying to judge based on looking at the grab boxes, which obviously isn't perfect. But I knew there wasn't much difference between Wario's and Puff's, even if Wario's was longer.

Attila_

BRoomer
mk has:

upB oos
nair oos
dair oos
usmash oos
uair oos (it misses though)
grab (up close)
roll behind (only punishable if predicted)

that's a lot of options.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
mk has:

upB oos
nair oos
dair oos
usmash oos
uair oos (it misses though)
grab (up close)
roll behind (only punishable if predicted)

that's a lot of options.
Forgot about up-b, yea the invincibility would beat f-tilt 2.
Nair would trade, and doesn't have much range.
U-smash is so slow lol, doubt that actually works.
Uair you would have to be right next to snake.
mmm Grab close up.
Roll's pretty dangerous lol, though it does work occasionally yea.

This is all if you predict the f-tilt though, I don't think you can do anything fast enough on reaction.
I'll go figure out the hitlag of Snake's f-tilt on shield...

Attila_

BRoomer
roll is actually m2k's most common response to it.

watched plenty of matches and he does it all the time. even if snake predicts, he can't do a whole lot, and often ends up getting grabbed.

what players often do is run in holding shield, predict ftilt as a response, and buffer whatever move that beats ftilt2. in tibor's case, he will always grab, since diddy doesn't move at all from ftilt1 on shield. this is clearly evident in any of our sets.

but yeah, upB oos and dair oos will work regardless. means that ftilt1 is not safe at stopping approaches.

hell, if mk runs up with a sh fair, it cleanly beats ftilt1, anyway. utilt can trade with it, but the spacing and timing is ridiculous. and if he runs in and shields instead, you're going to get dash grabbed.

pivot grab is completely superior as a defence; if he sh fairs, you retreat anyway, so nobody wins. if he runs in and shields, he gets grabbed.

that all being said, nades should be strategically used to stop him from approaching in the first place.

S.D

Smash Master
@TheFirstLine: Although I'm not 100% sure what you mean by that due to what I would consider poor wording, that is what I have been doing since Reloaded and if I havent made it clear already that's why I've been playing Melee instead. Again you say things with out bothering to think what I'm trying to say :(

And I'm not johning at all. I'm just SuperSalty :D

@Attila, cut Corpse some slack ffs.
I didn't say you were johning, that part was unrelated.

I know what you're trying to say, I know exactly where you're coming from and I feel the same way about Marth in melee, can't figure out a way to beat him without playing hyper gay so I'm thinking about just maining the douche to keep up.

It's just the nature of the beast, everyone in the USA figured it out pretty early that you kinda had to pick MK to be at the top of the game.

just for attila and corpse to flirt with each other i think
tehe
I want to flirt with both of them.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
laawwwwl sam, marth iz too easay too beat, das why kas only uses fox against me in tourney matches c:

if you have to play gay to beat marth (which no one in aus can do.. in any matchup) you iz doing it wrong son

tibs7

Smash Champion
Snakes tilts are insane!
Attila is just being silly.
Uptilt is probly the best move in the game. Real talk.

:phone:

Splice

Smash Hero
@S.D: Ok, fair enough.

Also, I am having trouble with Marth in Melee at the moment too, but maybe we'll wait til I play someone who isn't Dekar before I make that call xP

Eastern Invasion 3? That idea just kinda died didn't it :/

The_Wookie

Smash Apprentice
For those wondering, Reloaded will return for another year, next July. Yes, Im the new John Farnham etc etc

Top Bottom