• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Majoras Mask Mafia! DGames' Longest Game Ends - Who Won?!?!?!?

Xastrn

Dastrn|Xatres
Can someone clarify what time toDay ends in eastern standard?

also, for question for everyone: if the end of day is approaching, and no majority is seeming to get reached, who is willing to switch from the Circus wagon to me and who is willing to switch from my wagon to Circus?

who's unwilling to change and would rather no-lynch?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Three of the Xastrn voters have posted this morning, and none of the Circus voters. That means we might need to switch to get a lynch today.

Either of you two, how do you feel regarding that?
We do still have the rest of the day, you know, and I plan with sticking on the Xast wagon till the end.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
1 pm tomorrow.
2 p.m. eastern.
lol, which one is it

also, for question for everyone: if the end of day is approaching, and no majority is seeming to get reached, who is willing to switch from the Circus wagon to me and who is willing to switch from my wagon to Circus?

who's unwilling to change and would rather no-lynch?
If it came down to me switching to Circus or there being a no lynch, I would vote Circus, because no lynches D1 are stupid. But I'm going to stick with you unless that situation arises.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Votecount 8 - [8/15] - Deadline 11th October at 6PM GMT

Raziek [0]
T-Block [0]
Overswarm [0]
Xastrn [6] - dabuz, Nabe, Werekill, John2k4, Solid, Circus
Solid [1] - OS
Panta [0]
Red Ryu [0]
dabuz [1] - MOD
Nabe [0]
Circus [5] - Frio, J, Xastrn, T-Block, Raziek
Werekill [1] - RR
John2k4 [0]
Kantrip [1] - Panta
J [0]
Frio [1] - MOD

Not Voting [1] - Kantrip

Panta receives a second Prod!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
That's cute. What's safe about L-1 is that anyone who hammers before the majority of town thinks it's a good call (or before deadline is uncomfortably close and no one else is around) is going to be held accountable by others.

I asked you a question a few pages back. Kindly pretend that you're interested in this game and check it out.
Not interested at the moment, and given the fact that the guy I said should be a fallback lynch is receiving his second prod and the same few people are still circle jerking and waiting until the last minute of the Day I don't feel much a reason to. I came into this game knowing I'd play later rather than take a leading role early and I'll stick to that.

As for "L-1 being safe", that's bull**** and you're smarter than that. Panta just received his second prod, and I was out of town for two days. What do you think would have happened if one of us would have voted and hammered, thinking he was at L-2? Would that be scummy? Because that sounds like a good way to lynch two townies in a row. L-1 isn't safe.

I wish OS would post bigger things, but it looks like the dark souls have absorbed him ;_;
I wish. Been going about taking care of all sorts of other stuff (including writing scripts for some MLG stuff! :D), and Dark Souls is waiting for me when I get home. Right now it's mostly work.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
As for "L-1 being safe", that's bull**** and you're smarter than that. Panta just received his second prod, and I was out of town for two days. What do you think would have happened if one of us would have voted and hammered, thinking he was at L-2? Would that be scummy? Because that sounds like a good way to lynch two townies in a row. L-1 isn't safe.
He wasn't at L-1, he was at L-2. Regardless, Panta is town. So instead, we might look into who influenced Panta to vote, or string him on about accountability for a while to see who responds. This wouldn't lead to a dead end.

As for the other possibility, you're suggesting that you'd be lynched for what you describe, which lends you a little more right to be indignant on Panta's behalf. In reality, you wouldn't be lynched for this.

Talk to me about Circus and Xastrn. Make it look like you're doing something so that people don't think you're exercising your usual scum M.O. and have to expend thought to the potential of you being scum. You're smarter than that.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Lynching a townie is better than NLing though. What is making you say you would rather NL?

Should we get a claim from both partires here?

Xastrn

Dastrn|Xatres
I only like lynching a townie if he/she is inactive, and I see no reason to lynch a townie otherwise.
You know better than that. 30 rock is the perfect example. scamp should have been lynched day 1 and then we wouldn't have had to stick to him on day 2 and 3. We would have nailed marc on day 3 based on my case, and YOU had copped CK by then. Would have been a town win if we had lynched a townie on day 1. instead we no lynched and scum won.

I would almost rather hammer myself than no-lynch, although that is taking it a step too far, in my opinion. In 30 rock, there was a chance scamp was scum. 30-40% maybe. in my case in this game (since I'm the voter) i know there's a 0% chance of hitting scum by hammering myself.

None of you know that, of course, so I would expect someone on circus' wagon to flip to me with minutes to spare just to make sure we get a lynch and a flip. or vice versa. I hope you are all willing to do that should the need arise, and I absolutely mean in either direction.

But let's not get to that point. We can finish this day with a lynch one way or another.

I REALLY think werekill is scum, btw.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Elaborate please.

Which connections can you derive on a Xastrn lynch?
I asked him this and have yet to have a reply. ;_;

Btw, I'm here and the like but not really and just reading. I can change votes if needed to later but I won't be back till later tonight.

Is the deadline really 1pm tomorrow afternoon? That is so strange.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Why would you unvote? L-1 isn't a dangerous position, which is where you thought Circus was at the time.

Circus: Do you legitimately think I'm pushing an OS lynch at this juncture? What I want is your answer to the question, not "I only have eyes for Xasty".

Kantrip, you also didn't answer.
No, I wouldn't want to lynch Overswarm at this time, based on the information we have on him so far. But I would lynch him before No Lynching. Does that answer your question?

Care to explain why you think I could possibly be busing Xastrn?
It's just a thought. You were just asking random questions for a while until you stopped posting for a couple days and then SUDDENLY A XASTRN ISO. And that's pretty much what you've been riding since. Then you posted that you'd be comfortable lynching me instead of Xastrn, but you'd rather lynch Xastrn in your 1102. It kind of looks like you're leaving the door open to lynch me if I'm at L-1 by deadline, but that you still want credit for sticking to Xastrn as long as possible. You're still pretty null for me; I'm throwing this out there as something for the town to think about in case I'm a corpse toMorrow. If you're town, don't worry about it.

So, Xast, looks like we're both at L-2. I argue that you should claim before I do because one of the players on my wagon hasn't posted in almost four full days, meaning he may not actually be voting for me anymore if he were present and up to date on the happenings of the game. What do you think?

Kantrip

Kantplay
I would lynch OS to avoid a NL, as he's been somewhat of a non-entity. I don't particularly feel the need to toDay, though. Is that all you wanted, Nabe?

Xastrn can claim first.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
You know better than that. 30 rock is the perfect example. scamp should have been lynched day 1 and then we wouldn't have had to stick to him on day 2 and 3. We would have nailed marc on day 3 based on my case, and YOU had copped CK by then. Would have been a town win if we had lynched a townie on day 1. instead we no lynched and scum won.
You're forgetting the fact that the case against Scamp was utter BS and had no reason to lead to a lynch, just like the case against Circus right now. I refused to follow it, and look, Scamp was town.

Sure, my wait to claim was a mistake, but it got you out of the way when you were acting scummy as all hell, and we would have won if Pakman had not been convinced by Marc to lynch Scamp.

Also, I'd like to see you, Xastrn, claim first and then Circus. Order from greatest to least in terms of scumminess, ya know.

Xastrn

Dastrn|Xatres
I am Jim, town Hobo.
I am a human visitor to clock town.
I have an ability called Street Smarts. I get to "hang around: " a player to get information on them. It sounds from what x1 sent me that he can basically send me whatever the hell he wants to about the person, and it's my job to interpret it and decide if it's useful.

I might receive race, ability, name, or worthless flavor.

@Werekill, if circus get's lynched and flips scum, who would you recommend I "hang around" tonight?

random thought unrelated to this, but if we are looking at a no lynch, I propose we just lynch OS and me and circus can duke it out tomorrow. OS has been dead weight and either needs to play or die. If we did that, I volunteer to pick up his spreadsheet idea, and recreate the data from the beginning of the game, so we don't lose what he started.

@mod: If I did so, would I be allowed to post it publicly someplace, so someone else could take it and keep it going in case I die at any point?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Jim is the leader of the bombers.... how the hell does "Town Hobo" make sense out of that? O_o

Wonky flavor aside, the role seems plausible enough. Would like to see Circus' claim.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
That makes no sense, flavorwise, and I see no reason to believe it. I refuse to think that a Majora's Mask themed game will have a character who has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the games. :/

If you had said "beggar bank girl" or something like that that's actually in the game, I would give you more credit. But no, I just don't believe it, and I hope that no one else does either.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer

random thought unrelated to this, but if we are looking at a no lynch, I propose we just lynch OS and me and circus can duke it out tomorrow. OS has been dead weight and either needs to play or die. If we did that, I volunteer to pick up his spreadsheet idea, and recreate the data from the beginning of the game, so we don't lose what he started.
And an OS lynch idea out of nowhere. What happened to killing circus, the guy who is in the same boat as you?

You're so scummy that I almost feel like screaming.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Huh.

I don't much like that claim. He claims a PR of sorts, except that it has the potential to give completely useless information. Kind of convenient that he can just say something like "oh I followed so-and-so but only got their character's hair colour" or whatever.

The information he could get also makes it equally likely that his role is scum. Note that he can receive "name, race, ability, or useless flavour". Not alignment, because scum doesn't need a regular cop.

Basically his role is a randomized role-cop, race-cop, flavor-cop.

Welp. Circus' turn.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Votecount 8 - [8/15] - Deadline 11th October at 6PM GMT

Raziek [0]
T-Block [0]
Overswarm [0]
Xastrn [6] - dabuz, Nabe, Werekill, John2k4, Solid, Circus
Solid [1] - OS
Panta [0]
Red Ryu [0]
dabuz [1] - MOD
Nabe [0]
Circus [6] - Frio, J, Xastrn, T-Block, Raziek, Kantrip
Werekill [1] - RR
John2k4 [0]
Kantrip [1] - Panta
J [0]
Frio [1] - MOD

Not Voting [0]

@mod: If I did so, would I be allowed to post it publicly someplace, so someone else could take it and keep it going in case I die at any point?
No, that breaks Fundamental rule #4:
4.) Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread. This includes posting content outside of the game thread and linking to it in the game thread.
Also I missed earlier but I would like to remind all players of Fundamental rule #8. Should any player break this rule again they will incur punishment
8.) You may not post screenshots of any kind.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Yeah, not buying the claim. Why have a completely random PR? Its an extremely swingy PR that I can't believe would have a place here. Also, the character is extremely minor within the game.

Kantrip

Kantplay
The minor character part doesn't bug me. In fact, the character part of the claim doesn't bug me at all, (asides of being called "town hobo", though I guess the Bomber gang kids don't have homes). The role itself is where I'm having doubts.

Xastrn, to clarify, you are the "Jim" that leads the Bombers Secret Society, right? The little kid?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Yeah, not buying the claim. Why have a completely random PR? Its an extremely swingy PR that I can't believe would have a place here. Also, the character is extremely minor within the game.
Actually, Jim "the hobo" isn't even in the game. Jim the bomber leader (if I remember the group's name correctly) is in it, though.

So in other words, this makes no sense in any way related to flavor.

Xastrn

Dastrn|Xatres
Yeah sadly, it's not a very well put together role, if you ask me.

I assume we have a real alignment cop. This makes me supplemental to them.

I assume also that x1 plans to use this role to be able to influence the game a little bit. If town is ahead, then he can give me relatively useless info. If town is behind, he can give me good info to help. I don't like the role, and I don't like the implications, but it is what it is.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
The minor character part doesn't bug me. In fact, the character part of the claim doesn't bug me at all, (asides of being called "town hobo", though I guess the Bomber gang kids don't have homes). The role itself is where I'm having doubts.
Well, yeah, the role is kinda stupid. It basically means that you either get super awesome info or none at all, and I don't believe that the mod would allow such a swingy power.

Besides, as Kan has already said, it gives him too much of an easy out whenever he's asked for results.

Xastrn

Dastrn|Xatres
It's testable. That's a good thing. I can prove it by investigating whoever I'm told, and giving back information that you can confirm or deny.

Werekill, i'll even give you first dibs on picking who I investigate. I'll let you pick the next person who directs my ability, should I live that long. And so on.

Top Bottom