• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
Yeah, but i wish we got 72 real time hours. That would be better than having to play the song of time over and over repeatedly and to find everytime you lost all the masks u got. Seriously, i have no idea why, but everytime i saved, i would play thes one of time and all my masks i had gained in that 3 days would be gone. It didn't matter if i saved. I'm not sure if this is for everyone or just me. Thankfully i'ved completed it all now. (whew!).So i had to do like everything in one 3 days period.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Yeah, but i wish we got 72 real time hours. That would be better than having to play the song of time over and over repeatedly and to find everytime you lost all the masks u got. Seriously, i have no idea why, but everytime i saved, i would play thes one of time and all my masks i had gained in that 3 days would be gone. It didn't matter if i saved. I'm not sure if this is for everyone or just me. Thankfully i'ved completed it all now. (whew!).So i had to do like everything in one 3 days period.

This would be horrible. It would destroy the entire time-travel mechanic. Also, you would have to wait for ages for some of the events to trigger, rather than a couple of minutes as it is in the actual game.

Most, if not all games I've played don't take 72 irl hours to beat. And you are aware MM is entirely beatable in under two irl hours, right?
With extensive use of glitches, yes. Normally? No sir.

Alzi

Smash Master
I originally played Majoras mask on the VC at first i didn't like the whole time idea but after the first temple i got use to it and then thought no this was a great idea to have in a Zelda game.

Maybe in future zelda games they can bring it back somehow? But imo it should just stay as a Majoras Mask thing makes the game look better. :p

Ciro67

Smash Cadet
I found out the problem'o I had in my other thread. I got my friend (he's a Zelda nerd: many WR's on OoT , LttP, MM) to help out and it was something simple. I didn't go back to the owl. Like I just reset so it went to when I last used the OoT. It's pretty confusing at first :)

Oddball464

Smash Rookie
Majora's Mask is by far my favourite Zelda game to date. I have the original for the N64, which was worth the effort of finding an expansion pak, and the buying a replacement pak after the first one broke.

The characters, the bosses, the time limit, the storyline, the masks, the items, the quests, need I say more? This game has everything a Zelda fan could want.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Majoras mask, the best 3d zelda game to date?
:link:
Agree, agree, agree.
I absolutely LOVE the mask system SOOO much! It brings so much sidequests into the game, it's great! Stray fairies provided temple challenges, being able to face the bosses again (big one for me), the music, the dark plot that twilight princess failed to compare to (in the sense)...this game was just too good.

**Albeit, sometimes I like to think that Ocarina of Time is a tie, just because of the Forest Temple and Kid to Adult transitions (I could go on for reasons to tie it, but I don't believe I need to).**

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I still have to play Link's Awakening :(

I don't know anybody with a copy, so I can't borrow one, and all the game stores that would still be carrying used Game Boy games have been out of business for a while. Ah well, there's always Amazon.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
I hated links awakening >_>

Mine had some ******** bug where a treasure chest that was supposed to spawn never did. I spent like, 3 hours in this one room trying to figure out if there was a switch or block i missed only to go online and find out, nope, my games just ********.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I'm in the "Yet to play Link's Awaking" boat as well.

I started playing MM again but I got stuck and gave up :urg:

I still have about 5 more games to go to have played the Zelda games up to date.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
People have beaten Majora's mask without knowing the reverse song of time?

I can't imagine getting 100% without knowing it...

Kintenbo

Smash Cadet
Majoras mask, the best 3d zelda game to date?
Certainly in my opinion!

This is technically my first Legend of Zelda game, although I recall playing Ocarina of Time at some other person's house before. I didn't have a clue as to what was going on, though. Still, definitely more character depth in this game than most others.

Ciro67

Smash Cadet
what do you all think the shortest temple is? i think it's woodfall or the last one.

Spire

III
BRoomer
what do you all think the shortest temple is? i think it's woodfall or the last one.
Counting all dungeons, it's either Woodfall or Ikana's Ancient Castle. Woodfall gets really simple the more you play through it, but I still enjoy doing so time and again. The atmosphere and the music is just so odd.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Woodfall was never one of my favorite dungeons. The swamp aesthetic never really did much for me in general, though Odolwa is entertaining as a boss. But the dungeon is unexciting to me. I much prefer the other 3 temples to it.

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
I just LOVE majoras mask!
Refacing bosses,
Masks (bremen mask lol)
four HARD dungeons,
dark story
MORE masks,
happy mask salesman
impending appocalypse
moon with an angry face
getting bottles from beavers,
the keaton (ninetails +pikachu=keaton XD)
And the song of time having a purpose MORE THAN ONCE IN THE GAME!
good times, gooood times.

Krypt222

Smash Cadet
lulz Majoras Mask was pretty beast. There is a legit inf. magic thing too. It costs 200 ruppees, what a bargain, and a secret code to get to it. I love the variety of masks and the mask transformations but Im sure the first few times Link changed he collapsed in pain. >> All of his bones twisting, shrinking, elongating, thickening, changing his skeletal structure all together, then his organs being removed, replaced, etc., etc., so on and so forth... *shiver* Hes used to being adult Link since OoT so the FD mask was okay for him when he put it on.

rhan

Smash Hero
I'm in the "Yet to play Link's Awaking" boat as well.
I started playing MM again but I got stuck and gave up :urg:

I still have about 5 more games to go to have played the Zelda games up to date.
YOU PeOPLE ARE MISSING OUT! :mad:

AngryMoblyn1881

Smash Journeyman
Alright so heres something i was thinking about, If some things in termina are parallel to some in hyrule, Surly one of the biggest topics in the game should have a parallel? I am of course talking about the triforce, any ideas? I thought possably the clock tower , but i am sure there are better possibilitys than that.

Kintenbo

Smash Cadet
Alright so heres something i was thinking about, If some things in termina are parallel to some in hyrule, Surly one of the biggest topics in the game should have a parallel? I am of course talking about the triforce, any ideas? I thought possably the clock tower , but i am sure there are better possibilitys than that.
Probably the four giants. They're all revered, although the Triforce can either be a figure of good or bad. Otherwise, I'm not sure as far as that goes.

AngryMoblyn1881

Smash Journeyman
Probably the four giants. They're all revered, although the Triforce can either be a figure of good or bad. Otherwise, I'm not sure as far as that goes.
But they would reprisent the ....... 3 godesses... but there are 4 of them? soooo BAM!! tetra force theory of the 4th godess! more evidence nice!!!! But I will leave that for the correct thread so if the giants rep the godesses what are there mark of the land?

Farore= courage force

Din= power force

Nayru= wisdom force

dessert colossus?= ?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~PARALLEL~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4 giants = 4 segmants of the clock?

Scott!

Smash Lord
I don't personally believe in the Tetraforce theory, personally. But I do think the Giants are supposed to be the Terminian counterpart to the Goddesses. Much of Hyrule's religion is based on the number 3. 3 Goddesses, three parts to the Triforce, three Spiritual Stones, one for each Goddess. Possibly the 6 sages being related by 6 being a multiple of 3, though that's just me speculating. Termina is rooted in 4. 4 Giants, 4 regions around the field, etc.

So, I'm rereading the article now, since it's amazing, and I get to the part about faith and taking leaps of it, and discussing Anju and Kafei and such, and Don't Stop Believin' by Journey comes on Pandora. It totally clashes with the station I've got it on, but it couldn't fit better.

AngryMoblyn1881

Smash Journeyman
I don't personally believe in the Tetraforce theory, personally. But I do think the Giants are supposed to be the Terminian counterpart to the Goddesses. Much of Hyrule's religion is based on the number 3. 3 Goddesses, three parts to the Triforce, three Spiritual Stones, one for each Goddess. Possibly the 6 sages being related by 6 being a multiple of 3, though that's just me speculating. Termina is rooted in 4. 4 Giants, 4 regions around the field, etc.

So, I'm rereading the article now, since it's amazing, and I get to the part about faith and taking leaps of it, and discussing Anju and Kafei and such, and Don't Stop Believin' by Journey comes on Pandora. It totally clashes with the station I've got it on, but it couldn't fit better.
I dont think I belive the tetra force theory to much eather. But with that in mind I do like to gather some info about it to maybe give a heads up and see what ppl think.

Back to the 4 giants, I think you have the correct terminology of that concept. But what are there markings of the land?

Top Bottom