• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
Just been fixing typos in Venger... but no comments except from Cruxis? *sad panda* :(

Anyway, I've already ajusted my sig, but I decided that I would do Yami Yugi as my 4th character. Look forward to some crazy hijinks there!

Akiak

Smash Ace
Seriously I have NO IDEA why I find MYMing so fun in the first place.

Also there is something i've always been wondering about....

Where does "lolchillinz" come from?

K.Rool I read Electrode finally!

I love how he works and all. Very creative. His moves all rock especially Magnet Rise. His FS is cool but the charged version isn't that good. All in all, I love it.

Agi

Smash Lord
Seriously I have NO IDEA why I find MYMing so fun in the first place.

Also there is something i've always been wondering about....

MYMing... honestly, I don't know either. I just find the community, original works to read, and simply contributing however I can to be an enjoyable experience.

If you weren't here for MYM 3.0, you won't know where Lolchillinz came from... but never fear! Check out my first post on the front page
told you it served a purpose, K.Rool!
to catch up on what you missed.

Also, snow day today! I'll have some content up on my SSE soon; I've worked out a roster for it. Still accepting entries until I reach Chapter 2.

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
@Golden Sun:
Hmm... I call Piers or Jenna, then. :bee:

Albeit I'll probably do him or her or both (maybe 2-in-1 moveset?) in MYM5.

@SSEs:
Nearly everyone uses Guntz, Bill and J&C, but hardly anyone uses Cornell or Lyon. Sad fawks is sad. :(
You can only call one at a time, you know. Character hoggers FTLose.
What do I know, though?

@Smash Daddy: Well, I didn't exactly request a review, so you just choose whoever you want to critique. I'm cool with anyone.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Perhaps only the last used partner should remain out and walking about. There are many reasons why a large group of CPU controlled units is a bad idea (Imagine a 4 player match where everyone is Paper Mario!), but chief among them is that you can literally use the horde of partners as a meat shield while Mario himself remains completely untouched.
By using "last one used" policy, players would have to take care when deciding which partner to use.
I second this notion, Baloo.

...yeah, the whole moveset will be in first person. But I have two more aces up my sleeve to make Viola a 3rd place winner.
I remember there was this other really cool moveset done in first person. Apparently the guy that posted it didn't get the memo about this being a theoretical contest. :dizzy:

EDIT: Actually, they are making a new Tron. In 2011. Whoopty flippin doo.
TR2N

Best name ever, yo.

I can't figure out Fiona's Back Air or Up Air, dangit! D:
From what few memories I've got of the game...I suugest:

Back Air: Flying Fright - While moving through the air, a spectral visage--mouth wide in a silent scream--flashes in front of Fiona's face, causing her to recoil in terrible fear. Any foes behind her will be pushed aside by her frantic backpedaling , taking slight damage...but also catching a glimpse of a similar ghostly face, causing them to similarly retreat in fear. This can lead to a four-part chain of terrified fighters, under the proper conditions.

DSmash: Venger looks around confidently as sundenly the ground on both sides of him turns briefly to lava. The hit box has moderate range and priority, but it is entirely on the ground, and a character otherwise in range but in the air has no chance of hitting it. The start up is actually fast, but the cool down is slow, because as the lave lingers so does Venger completely open since the hitbox does little to guard him. 12% (Fire) uncharged with moderate vertical knock back.
AAAAARRRRGGGHHHH

...How the hell did you do that? That's nearly the exact way this guy killed my very first DnD character--dunking him in lava. I simulatneously hate and love this 'set just for that. Everything else was good too. Maybe you got a little overzealous on the alt. colors though, eh?

Nearly everyone uses Guntz, Bill and J&C, but hardly anyone uses Cornell or Lyon. Sad fawks is sad. :(
Why are you sad? Dude, if everyone's using them, then that probably means that everyone really likes them. :)

How much time left to post movesets ?
There's no end date set yet, so for now take your time. When we do announce a deadline, you'll have about a month or so of forewarning.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
@Golden Sun:
Hmm... I call Piers or Jenna, then. :bee:

Albeit I'll probably do him or her or both (maybe 2-in-1 moveset?) in MYM5.

@SSEs:
Hey! I used Cornell in my first chapter already! And he even got to be in my favorite level of it. Absolutley NO ONE uses the Raptors, though I can understand why.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Oh my, it's that
epic
cat again.

Cat Clancer did get a little confused over how things work, but at least he made an effort.

Gotta give him that.

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
AAAAARRRRGGGHHHH

...How the hell did you do that? That's nearly the exact way this guy killed my very first DnD character--dunking him in lava. I simulatneously hate and love this 'set just for that. Everything else was good too. Maybe you got a little overzealous on the alt. colors though, eh?
Im glad I captured the character from your point of view! :laugh:

I guess when you mention colors you mean the numerious colors his attack actually are, right? I did that on purpose really. Most of the time he did shoot white sure, but he pretty regularly shot red/other colors as well (old shows and their consistancy problems!)

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Cat Clancer did get a little confused over how things work, but at least he made an effort.

Gotta give him that.
Yeah!

He was actually pretty antsy about posting his moveset--he was afraid that "the net" wouldn't like it. Happily he was mistaken. :bee:

I guess when you mention colors you mean the numerious colors his attack actually are, right? I did that on purpose really. Most of the time he did shoot white sure, but he pretty regularly shot red/other colors as well (old shows and their consistancy problems!)
...Actually I meant how many color swaps/alternate outfits you gave the guy. Brawl characters usually only have about three or four.

I've only seen that show maybe once. And this was when I was too young to remember much, so my primary experience with Venger comes from actually playing one of my first DnD games with him as the 'surprise' antagonist.

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
...Actually I meant how many color swaps/alternate outfits you gave the guy. Brawl characters usually only have about three or four.

I've only seen that show maybe once. And this was when I was too young to remember much, so my primary experience with Venger comes from actually playing one of my first DnD games with him as the 'surprise' antagonist.
It was few extra then... meh.

Thats to bad, some of the shows really arnt bad considering how they've aged. Veoh.com has most of them. Though stating him in a game could be fun.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Turn based combat in an otherwise realistic role play destroys all credibility, and your character has to start out horribly sucky despite being level 1. The character's backstory is horribly meaningless. They trained for years and years. . .Yet they can barely beat a wild animal. Yay? Open RP > DND. Of course that requires that the DM is actually good and the player isn't overly whiny, but then it works. Trust me, I know. . .

I went to rent the console FEs. . .But they didn't have em. Got stuck with Wario Land Shake it. It's a fun platformer. . .But it's looking to be pretty short.

*Goes off to review Raphael*

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I went to rent the console FEs. . .But they didn't have em. Got stuck with Wario Land Shake it. It's a fun platformer. . .But it's looking to be pretty short.

Wario Land Shake It is actually pure essence of Heaven. It just doesn't tell you that on the box so that aetheists will buy it.

Agi

Smash Lord
Wario Land Shake it is actually pure essence of Heaven. It just doesn't tell you that on the box so that atheists will buy it.
This is sig-worthy.

*makes this post relevant to MYM*
The Prologue for my SSE is up. So far I have used Sakurai, Roomba (I have my reasons), and Master Hand. Characters I plan to include in the next chapter will be
Dexter
and at least two others I haven't decided on yet.

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
Turn based combat in an otherwise realistic role play destroys all credibility, and your character has to start out horribly sucky despite being level 1. The character's backstory is horribly meaningless. They trained for years and years. . .Yet they can barely beat a wild animal. Yay? Open RP > DND. Of course that requires that the DM is actually good and the player isn't overly whiny, but then it works. Trust me, I know. . .

DnD has its place, and 4th edition remedies some of the problems you've mention. Besides, a character thats trained years and years as part of their back story shouldnt be level 1... But yeah, there are pros and cons to both DnD and Open RP. You are right though. A good group of open RP is better, though it can be really troublesome to get together said group.

Hurray Raph review! I though you might do it since you made other SCIV characters!

Wario Land Shake It is actually pure essence of Heaven. It just doesn't tell you that on the box so that aetheists will buy it.
Ouch dude, ouch. :laugh:

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
K.Rool I read Electrode finally!

I love how he works and all. Very creative. His moves all rock especially Magnet Rise. His FS is cool but the charged version isn't that good. All in all, I love it.
Why thank you, Akiak! I really liked how he turned out, too.

Just been fixing typos in Venger... but no comments except from Cruxis? *sad panda* :(
I now promise to give you some critique on Venger before the hour... um, day... okay, okay, week, is out. :)

If you weren't here for MYM 3.0, you won't know where Lolchillinz came from... but never fear! Check out my first post on the front page
told you it served a purpose, K.Rool!
to catch up on what you missed.
Awww, man! I guess.. could it be?... I was wrong. And you were right, Agi. There. I said it.

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
Oh, and awesome Venger moveset a few pages back!
Always happy to take a compliment and I'm glad you enjoyed!

I now promise to give you some critique on Venger before the hour... um, day... okay, okay, week, is out. :)
That sounds great! Venger has a similiar feel to Jafar as a character, and Ill take any criticism, even if you end up saying its garbage (so long as you tell me why :p!)

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
THE OLD AND THE MOVESETS

Smashbrosmike done lost his chillinz! Smashbrosmike done come to da ssb4 club after he done enough chillinz and he demand K. Rool be in da game putting up a moveset. KingK.Rool comes over insulted somebody made such a crappy set o moves fo him and shoves him da hell out with his gameset. But mikey likes his moveset. So da detail nazi reviews his dere moveset and tears it to pieces but they still can't scare him out. Desperate, MW brings in Jakeasaurusrex to post Richard Simmons and scare everybody out. Mikey fled from the ssb4 club and decided to move in with his auntie and his uncle. When he was finally there he set up his crib as da fresh price o bel air.

</SundanceKid>

RAPHAEL REVIEW IS UP

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
@ lenus, yugi BETTER be good or you may make bill angry. he will then do THIS to you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW8tE93Vx8Q&eurl=http://vgcats.com/index.php

i expect:
dark magician as a special
slifer involved
dark magician girl fanservice
kuriboh FTW!
something about that freindship nonsence they talk about
Well then in that case...

*runs far away*

...Kidding! Don't worry, as a (former) player of the game both casually and somewhat competitively and a viewer of the old show (mostly for fun), I feel I can give Yami Yugi some justice!

D

Deleted member

Sundance used to rlease a series of stories called The Young and the Movesets. Whenever someone commented on it, he would reply with "lolchillinz." The rest is history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom