• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Here is a move for my secret character. It's a bit basic, but it is more detailed than the standard attacks for Tyrogue and the HItmons.

Down Smash= Fire Extinguisher+Ringmistress+Medium
(3%- medium knockback)
- Tiny start up lag
- Short Range

Before you dismiss this attack due to it's low damage potential, keep in mind that it isn't an offensive tool. It is actually a tool that should be used to space yourself, and keep your opponents away from you- so the damage that it deals is a bonus. The unique thing about the Fire Extinguisher is that as soon as you start the attack, you will transform, and begin spraying the ground almost instantly- making it a difficult move to predict. If fully charged, the spray will last for five seconds, but on spray will only do 3% damage, no matter how long you charge it for.
You shouldn't charge this if you don't have to, because the longer you charge, the more vulnerable you are. The best strategy is to use it when your opponent is getting too close for comfort, then either counter attacking or retreating from your opponent. If used against a character who is manipulating fire for offensive means, the Fire Extinguisher can put the fire out if timed right.

I'll clap the first person to guess the character.

Could I have some feedback please?
I think it's ok, as I was trying to make a Fludd that deals minimal damage but with the spray of Bowser's fire breath, but I'll edit it if people don't like it.
The + signs are for Weapon+Character Name+Character Size.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
My God.

I am so glad I went to sleep when I did. If you guys are going to spam, at least do it in a manner that doesn't require latecomers to navigate away from the page to read a bunch of objections. >.>

*Sigh* Yeah I know you beat me to the punch with that Megaman neutral B, but I tried to make it different from yours with different guns and a different activation method.

Shadow Moses and Yoshi's Island are already non-Tourney legal right? What's the problem?

Why has noone commented on L-Dashing. Thats his real staple mechanic and it would be a shame to receive no comments/criticisms on it.
I don't mind the apparent-copying of that mechanic. It fits both characters perfectly, so we all can just get along.

Yoshi's Island is a neutral, tourney-legal stage. Sure, Shadow Moses isn't, but there are other places on tourney-legal stages you could abuse that on, like certain parts of Delfino Plaza, Luigi's Mansion, and Pokemon Stadium. Wall-jumping would be fine...but the single-wall climbing thing probably wouldn't work out so well.

And L-dashing...honestly seems like a slightly-nerfed Wavedash to me. Basically it'd make Zero a beast on the ground, as rapid short-dashes followed by a dash attack would make him all but invincible, due to the SA frames.

That's my impression, anyhow.

Like HR and Spade said, the one thing I instantly didn't like about this was some of the formatting. The "MACH SOMETHING" template I used in Mach Rider I used because in the Vs. Mach Rider arcade cabinet's instructions, a lot of stuff was labeled like that: "Mach Boost", "Mach Mission", "Mach Controller", and so on. The actual bike he rides on is actually called "The Mach Rider."

Plus the character is so, uh..."extreme" than an all-caps, double-exclamatized (not a word) header like that worked well for each section. But Kawasaki doesn't name any of his tools "Kawasaki frying pan" or anything, neither is that term really used anywhere outside his name.

And in addition, the constant right-facing arrows and angle brackets seemed out-of-place to me. Yeah, I used them on Mach Rider...but that's a character that can go faster than the speed of sound, so I tried to emphasize that speed through the formatting. Kawasaki's an overweight cook, though, so you can see why that felt kinda' weird to me.

...Anyways, like other people said, it was also a rather enjoyable moveset. Best f-tilt ever, awesome playstyle (I'd never play as a character that's based around building an elaborate trap, but hey), and the recipes...man, those made my day.

Also I forgot to open it in a new tab while I browsed past it, so I'm making you add it to The Stadium's list. XP

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
No, but can people please stop with the spamming.
There is no need to bump a thread the same minute you post in it.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Ah, a Ken preview should stop some spamming.

Down Tilt: Rambunctious Rat: From his position crouching flat on his stomach, Kenny quickly gets into a crouching position, puts both hands in front of his mouth, like rodent teeth, and says, "I go tcha-tcha-tcha-tcha!", like he did when imitating his rat-like status in his tribe, leaning forward slightly and wiggling his fingers to attack. This move is very close range, as Ken barely moves his hands from their position while attacking. However, this move starts and ends very quickly, making it great to build damage with if a foe will get trapped in the multiple hits. This move does four multiple hits to foes; each hit does 3%, for a maximum of 12%. The last hit does low knockback.

Mindgame Bonus: Sneaky Sniping: In the game of Survivor, Kenny is calling the shots. If you mess with him, you're gone. In Smash, this powered-up move will deal 5% per hit, for a whopping maximum of 20%. The catch? Unless Kenny has over 75%, this move will do absolutely nothing. Nada. No damage or knockback. And, unless he has more than 100%, the move only trips the foe, doing above average knockback if you do. This move is powerful when influenced by mindgames, but just like in Survivor, it's a high risk, high reward move.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
QFT

Now I need a video of a weather ball in a sandstorm.
WE KNOW YOU WANT A VIDEO OF A WEATHER BALL IN A SANDSTORM YOU DON'T HAVE TO STATE IT IN EACH OF YOUR POSTS!

*pantpantpant* Sorry.

Seriously, some of you guys make me furious. >_<

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I have a secret surprise for you guys later tonight.

Yes, I finished another moveset. Been working pretty much all day because I wanted to do this one so badly!

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Tonight?!
It's 12:10 a.m here lol.

You're gonna have to hurry up if you want me to comment on it in the next 12 hours :laugh:.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I see what you did thar.
OH NOEZ!! I maked it invisible so you wouldn't do that :/

Tonight?!
It's 12:10 a.m here lol.

You're gonna have to hurry up if you want me to comment on it in the next 12 hours :laugh:.
Well, it's only a little past 5:00 here. Lol. I need my computer connected to the internet. I'm on my dad's laptop right now, and I can't connect my laptop (which has my super secret surprise) to the internet until my brother's not using the family computer. Messy business, that, but I'll get it up sometime tonight.

@Agi: I am glad you anticipate. For short, we'll call her Super Gimp Charizard!!

D

Deleted member

I need to see this. I LOVE alevel100femalecharizardwithnoarms!! I'm totally gonna main this!!

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
For short, we'll call her Super Pimp Charizard!!
That's more like it.

Hate to sound spammy, but could someone tell me if the move preview thingy that I posted for my secret character on the previous page?

I want to know if it's detailed/ interesting enough.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
You do know that because Castform doesn't have a sandstorm form, the animation for weather ball wouldn't be anything special?

@KAWASAKI:

BRILLIANT. Sheerly brilliant! We have a rival for Black Doom, folks
(And my movesets)[/bias]
! The play style is so omg interesting what with the whole thing revolving around the pot, and his non pot related moves are highly interested as well, the dthrow, nair, and fair being prime examples. Even if you're not making a pot, you could use your fair to heal yourself, so there's always something to do.

The only thing I don't like is the final smash. Not the organization, I don't really mind that. Why not make it revolve around the play style more instead of being off by itself? It should relate to the pot in some way. Why not make the final smash buff all the ingredients or something?

Or how about Kawasaki becomes invincible and five pots appear on the screen, and you're free to load them all up (Or attack your enemy). The moves used to load the pot would be given less lag during the FS, and the pepper would function like a downwards version of the uair in the down B so you wouldn't have to grab the foe.

That's just throwing ideas out there though. In any case, I really get into the moveset as I read it like with Jafar, and I feel the FS isn't as epicly awesome as the rest of the set.

How about every poster contributes at least one recipe for the set to make it easier on old 'Rool?

Onion + Eggplant + Oregano = Hillbilly Dinner: When the foe gets knocked into the pot, they don't instantly pop out like normal. Instead, the good chef rubs his tummy and takes a slurp out of the soup, devouring it all and healing himself of 10%! Due to the foe having been in the soup, he'll slurp them up too. Kawasaki can walk around with the enemy inside of him and spit him out just like when Dedede sucks someone up with his neutral B, doing the same set knockback and 10% damage.

But it's still not over! Kawasaki's onion filled soup, while delicious, has left the good chef with a case of bad breath. Kawasaki will constantly be spurting it out in a fashion like the superspicy curry, and anybody who gets hit by it will be stunned as if from ZSS's dsmash. This lasts 5 seconds. Run up to your foe and breathe on them with your brilliant presence, then give them a beating they'll never forget!

Pepper + Tomato + Hot Sauce = Devil's Delight : This stew functions just like the Hillbilly Dinner, but you're forced to spit out the foe instantly, not able to move around with them, and you don't get healed. Instead of bad breath, Kawasaki gets the effect of superspicy curry for a good 10 seconds! Stun them and rack up damage with this, and while they're caught on fire finish those off who can't handle the beauty of your masterpiece.

And I watched the Kirby show once or twice back in the day, and lucky for you, I saw the episode that centered around Kawasaki. It's really nothing special. He owns a decently successful resturant, but then Dedede opens up shop and steals all his customers. Kawasaki and Dedede compete to see who can make the hottest foods, making them insanely hot to the portion that they spit out streams of flame, but the people like it for whatever reason. In the end Dedede switches to cold foods and Kawasaki is left in the dark as he fails to meet up with the latest fast food craze, sticking to his ridiculously hot dishes.

D

Deleted member

@Spayedfawks: It won't suck. I mean, seriously, it's alevel100femalecharizardwithnoarms! It's gotta be awesome!

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
That reminds me...did Cruxis ever reveal that big project he was working on?
Yeah, it was for that silly video for his SSE.
It's in Cruxis' sig I think.

Only kidding Cruxis, the video was great, but I still haven't listened to it yet- I need to get round to doing that.

Baloo

Smash Ace
Oh.

I completely forgot that I was making up the sand form and that there was not already one. Sorry all!

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Ugh another page already? EEESSHHH...

Anyway Kalas is finished with no extras though. I'll post it in the next page.

Anyone want to help me? :bee:

SirKibble

Smash Champion
alevel100femaleCharizardwithnoarms
(from here on referred to as Super Gimp Charizard, or SGC)

Super Gimp Standard Attacks

Standard Combo -- SGC headbutts forward.

Forwart Tilt -- SGC headbutts farther forward.

Up Tilt -- SGC headbutts upward.

Down Tilt -- SGC headbutts into the ground, burying her head, then pulls it out very angrily. (She's always sticking her head in the ground accidentally when she does this move.)

Dash Attack SGC, still sore about her Down Tilt, refuses to dash, and therefore, has no Dash Attack.

Super Gimp Smash Attacks

Forward Smash -- A rock appears in front of SGC and she smashes it with her head, like normal Charizard's Side Smash.

Up Smash -- SGC does a backflip and kicks her legs into the sky, then falls on her head, giving this move lots of ending lag and doing damage to SGC as well.

Down Smash -- SGC trips, but can't catch herself because she has no arms, so she falls flat on her face. But it damages nearby opponents!

Super Gimp Aerials

Neutral Air -- SGC spins. Just like normal Charizard!!

Forward Air -- SGC spins, exactly like her Neutral Air. (She likes that move.)

Backward Air -- SGC spins for this one, too. (Told you so.)

Up Air -- Yup, you guessed it.

Down Air -- SGC drops really fast toward the ground. She's kind of scared of heights.

Super Gimp Specials

Neutral Special -- Super Gimp Charizard breathes fire, like normal Charizard. Just because she's a gimp doesn't mean she can't be a clone.

Side Special -- SGC gets angry that she can't copy normal Charizard's Side Special, and stomps furiously forward, damaging everyone in her way.

Up Special -- SGC is still mad about her Side Special, so she won't do anything.

Down Special -- SGC switches out for her friend SGM (Super Gimp Mudkip, she herd u liek them).

Super Gimp Final Smash

Final Smash -- SGC and SGM team up to spray water and breathe fire at the same time. They cancel out and nothing happens. :(

AND THAT's THAT!!

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
There's so much going on... <_<

I really shouldn't have left...
The question is, why didn't you keep the Green Ranger as your avatar?

EDIT: alevel100femaleCharizardwithnoarms is pure win. I came. I **** myself in 5 different places. I pissed out my nose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom