• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
Yay Shanoa! I actually went through the task of wading through this monster of a moveset.

So...first impressions...it's really good. Really, REALLY good. I love the Neutral Special (way cooler than Kirby) and the Side Special made me think it was a super-generic strike before you popped Magnes on me. Awesome. My only complaint with the specials is the Up B, which is essentially Pit's recovery, only it lasts longer (you might want to tone that down some). At least you didn't say that it was "Just like Pit's," which nobody can stand.

As for the standard attacks...meh. I'm sorry, but I'm torn. Some were cool (like the Side Smash) while lots were just outright generic...only with fancy alliterative Latin names. Has anyone ever done that, actually?

all the trophies in Chief Mendez’s Dracula moveset.
*Cough Maria's moveset has all the current trophies Cough*

ANYWAYS, back to Tanookie's super-short review!

I enjoyed the Final Smash (love Dominus), although 200% seems REALLY extreme. Perhaps 100% fits better, just cause 200 seems like overkill to me.

Have Shanoa join your team in the SSE, PLAY 666 VS. MATCHES or obtain 300 Stickers
I think Chris beat ya to the punch on that one. But that's no big deal; I just felt like pointing it out. :p

@ Chris: Yay for Rita!!! I've got an idea for her Final Smash:

"TIDAL WAVE TIDAL WAVE TIDAL WAVE TIDAL WAVE TIDAL WAVE TIDAL WAVE TIDAL WAVE TIDAL WAVE."
+9000.0 GRADE!!!!

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
This thread just gets spammier and spammier.

Don't you guys have a User Group for all the non-moveset related talk?

@Shanoa

Awesome. I like the Glyph Absorb.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
I think Chris beat ya to the punch on that one. But that's no big deal; I just felt like pointing it out. :p

@ Chris: Yay for Rita!!! I've got an idea for her Final Smash:

"TIDAL WAVE TIDAL WAVE TIDAL WAVE TIDAL WAVE TIDAL WAVE TIDAL WAVE TIDAL WAVE TIDAL WAVE."
+9000.0 GRADE!!!!
Glad to see that someone other than me and Warlord actually read Ashencroft.

I haven't beaten Vesperia yet... just started it today so I really have no idea what you're talking about.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Yay Shanoa! I actually went through the task of wading through this monster of a moveset.
Why thank you =)

My only complaint with the specials is the Up B, which is essentially Pit's recovery, only it lasts longer (you might want to tone that down some). At least you didn't say that it was "Just like Pit's," which nobody can stand.
Yeah, I originally tossed around some other ideas such as using Redire/Magnus as a recovery option and even Cubis (it would create a staircase of blocks that would then fall down) but Volaticus just seemed like the most logical one...I'll probably modify it (certainly for duration) to make it a bit more unique.

As for the standard attacks...meh. I'm sorry, but I'm torn. Some were cool (like the Side Smash) while lots were just outright generic...only with fancy alliterative Latin names. Has anyone ever done that, actually?
I'm sure I'm not the first but I'll readily admit that standard attacks are my true lowpoint on most of my movesets. I wanted to use the magical glyphs for Shanoa's Glyph Absorb, but when it came to physical attacks, I began to run low...so I resorted to using the physical weapon glyphs; not very showy true enough but they are just standard attacks.

*Cough Maria's moveset has all the current trophies Cough*
Fixed! ^_^;

I enjoyed the Final Smash (love Dominus), although 200% seems REALLY extreme. Perhaps 100% fits better, just cause 200 seems like overkill to me.
Also fixed! I'll also admit here that I have no real concept of ballance and, when it comes to self damaging attacks, I tend to go overboard with how much damage they do ^^;

Ack! Seriously?! And here I thought I was so original T_T;

Overall, thank you for the mini-review Tanookie! I took quite a bit of what you said into consideration; I may just end up going back to change some of Shanoa's attacks before the end of this contest ^_^

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
Overall, thank you for the mini-review Tanookie! I took quite a bit of what you said into consideration; I may just end up going back to change some of Shanoa's attacks before the end of this contest ^_^
*Sighs*

Okay, good. I thought I would be accused of being mean.

Glad to see that someone other than me and Warlord actually read Ashencroft.

I haven't beaten Vesperia yet... just started it today so I really have no idea what you're talking about.
Haha; I enjoyed Ashencroft! :bee:

Oh, and about Tidal Wave...it's used for GRADE farming. Near the end of the game, players will equip a bunch of abilities to put Rita's damage at 1 maximum and make it so she gains a lot of Overlimit for each hit, and then they'll spam the Tidal Wave shortcut while using a bunch of Overlimits over and over. Since Rita adds so much to the OVL meter with her attacks, using Tidal Wave over and over will eventually lead to endless overlimit, and so people can chain like...150-hit combos with one move and get a ton of GRADE. >_0

I'm sure there are videos on Youtube if you're interested.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
It only seems like spam to you because you are hardly here. Right?
I actually lurk in this thread. I read mostly everything that goes on, and half of it is spam. Seriously guys. Use the user group if you're going to spam. This thread is for the actual contest.

Don't mean to backseat sandbag/mod, but I'm pretty sure nobody will disagree with me here.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Haha; I enjoyed Ashencroft! :bee:

Oh, and about Tidal Wave...it's used for GRADE farming. Near the end of the game, players will equip a bunch of abilities to put Rita's damage at 1 maximum and make it so she gains a lot of Overlimit for each hit, and then they'll spam the Tidal Wave shortcut while using a bunch of Overlimits over and over. Since Rita adds so much to the OVL meter with her attacks, using Tidal Wave over and over will eventually lead to endless overlimit, and so people can chain like...150-hit combos with one move and get a ton of GRADE. >_0

I'm sure there are videos on Youtube if you're interested.
I'm glad to here that. It means my hard work giving him a pseudo-biblical rebuff and giving him h@x fire powers was worth it.

That's very interesting..... Sounds cheap though...

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
@Lenus
You probably just don't like that she's a girl. :ohwell:
:laugh:

More like you've already admitted your bias in liking tomboyish frisky girls!

Shes a fun character, but having owned and beaten the game, I personally have gotten a little tired of her among some of the others characters personallities in Tales games. Not being interested in women that way was not really in mind (I like Judith more as a character for example)

Shanoa is really nice at a glance. A sure full read for me later.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
:laugh:

More like you've already admitted your bias in liking tomboyish frisky girls!

Shes a fun character, but having owned and beaten the game, I personally have gotten a little tired of her among some of the others characters personallities in Tales games. Not being interested in women that way was not really in mind (I like Judith more as a character for example)

Shanoa is really nice at a glance. A sure full read for me later.
Can you blame me? .... Oh wait, you're not exactly the one to answer that question.

Let me guess.... you hate it when she goes into blastia mode right? Its not half as bad as Raine's ruin-mode.

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
Let me guess.... you hate it when she goes into blastia mode right? Its not half as bad as Raine's ruin-mode.
I personally felt that Raine's ruin-mode was humerous, mostly because it wasn't a major part of the storyline and was just kind of a fun little side joke that happened occassionally.

With blastia mode...sheesh. Rita sure is verbal, lemme tell you. And it got to me after a while simply because it had major impacts on the storyline, and I couldn't stand how all the situations went...

Yuri: C'mon, Rita, we're not strong enough to kill this guy!
Rita: NOOOOO! I MUST KILL HIM!!!! HE DESTROYED A BLASTIA!!!

*Sigh*

*needs to play CV games*
DO IT NAO.

(Sorry for spam...*scurries away to finish Peter Pan*)

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
Can you blame me? .... Oh wait, you not exactly the one to answer that question.

Im not blaming anyone for having prefrences. Im sure my prefences do effect me sometimes and various levels like everybody else, I just found Rita to be a "meh" as a character. Some of the relationships around her were ok as was her/ the parties (trying not to spoil things) revelation, but she felt a little one note despite that and erring on a little to much triteness for my tastes, though she is far from the biggest offender (IMO). The "blastia mode" thing is just part of that.

Don't let my opinion cause you to faulter though. To each his own in their prefrences. Besides, we both know you'll do a great job with her moveset. :)

Editted--------

I personally felt that Raine's ruin-mode was humerous, mostly because it wasn't a major part of the storyline and was just kind of a fun little side joke that happened occassionally.

With blastia mode...sheesh. Rita sure is verbal, lemme tell you. And it got to me after a while simply because it had major impacts on the storyline, and I couldn't stand how all the situations went...

Yuri: C'mon, Rita, we're not strong enough to kill this guy!
Rita: NOOOOO! I MUST KILL HIM!!!! HE DESTROYED A BLASTIA!!!

*Sigh*
QFT. 100% agreement from me

half_silver28

Smash Ace
Heres another Tales character I might make.

Yes, Rita, the broken mage babe of Tales of Vesperia. She's a genious, a tomboy, and if you piss her off, she'll spank you with a belt/scarf/whip/etc. What's not to like about her?
you've got my attention. :bee:
also, shanoa looks great from a glance. I would've read more, but that neutral special is a bit tl, dr :ohwell:

@tales spam: I'm probably buying dawn of the new world tomorrow ~ ruin mode is fun, but they killed it in dotnw (trust me I know).

on an unrelated note, I just saw the spirit, & I think he would make an awesome moveset. I have ideas, but I just won't have the time to make him :(

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
you've got my attention. :bee:
also, shanoa looks great from a glance. I would've read more, but that neutral special is a bit tl, dr :ohwell:

@tales spam: I'm probably buying dawn of the new world tomorrow ~ ruin mode is fun, but they killed it in dotnw (trust me I know).

on an unrelated note, I just saw the spirit, & I think he would make an awesome moveset. I have ideas, but I just won't have the time to make him :(
Glad to see someone excited about Rita. I really expected more people to be ecstatic that I'm not planning more FE movesets other than Mist and Haar at the moment.

SparkZ

Smash Cadet
Moveset Update! I am now halfway done, and it takes up 10 pages in word already. This will be a LONG entry when I am finished, and it is getting very tedious. Also, the aforementioned Hidden Power takes up 2 of those pages. :O Here is a sneak peek of the first move!
A. Tackle. 3%. 0 degree knockback. Can’t kill.
Appearance: Espeon tackles the opponent. It goes about as far as ½ a Bowser. It is very fast, but has a very small amount of lag as Espeon returns to its original position.
Uses: Either use this to follow up with the rest of the combo, or to interrupt an opponent. There are almost no uses of it apart from these.

chansen

Smash Lord
Espeon is one of my favorite pokemon (and coincidentally my favorite mod)

I am looking forward to that moveset (first time ive ever said that...)

Smady

Smash Master
Oh my god @ Shanoa. Astounding detail and very high quality throughout, I loved it! 8917 words and all are quite righteous, although I'm not too hot on every character being absorbed like Kirby, and there are some similarities to other characters, but there's really nothing negative to say about this moveset. A+ work, Trinity.

A Haar moveset would be epic, he's one of my favourite characters in Radiant Dawn simply because of how frigging beastly he is in battle. I've beaten entire missions by just having Haar fly up to the general and equipping him with a throwing axe to counter, lol.

Shake~

Smash Journeyman
Rita's one of my favorite characters in the Tales series, good luck with her.
If you release her before I release Yeager, I hope none of our moves are similar x.x

Yeager's Final Smash will be spoiler related.

D

Deleted member

There's officially a chance that Chapter 4 won't be up until tomorrow. I have relatives over in the morning, and I have a report to start in the afternoon. Sorry for any inconvinience to those who actually read The Return to Gamelon.

Smady

Smash Master
There's officially a chance that Chapter 4 won't be up until tomorrow. I have relatives over in the morning, and I have a report to start in the afternoon. Sorry for any inconvinience to those who actually read The Return to Gamelon.
Link to the first three chapters, lol?

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Curse that random picture.

Shanoa was awesome, although I agree with the others that there were a few too many generic attacks and I also feel that the neutral B copies took away more from the moveset then they added with how much tl;dr factor they added to the moveset. But in any case, that's all I've really got, it's an awesome moveset. I already have a bunch of obligatory Castlevania characters in my SSE, but I'll have to make an exception for just one more for Shanoa.

Oh, and if you actually acknoweledge my SSE's existence, Smash Daddy, I'll consider adding Garland.

Link

Smady

Smash Master
Alright, I'll read both, seeing as I have to vote for SSEs at some point. :laugh:

It'd be my pleasure to, though, no need for you to add any characters of mine - especially those not even posted yet.

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
Proto Man was awwweeesssoooommmeee.
in a way like Zelda/Shiek, but all that changes was his left arm.

@Chris:

Another?
There are more?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom