• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
One more thing to King: Reading Kawasaki made me hungry.

And if I ever get that blasted Moogle moveset to happen and happen well, Final Fantasy can have a little slice of the pie.

Oh, and as for a legitimate reason why I haven't posted up any movesets other than whining about things that other people simply get over: All my work-in-progress movesets are somewhere in BlueScreenLand, along with the rest of my laptop.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
The Age of Kirby, indeed! Finally, the world has seen the light! :kirby:

Oh, and K.Rool, I notice you didn't have a problem with my alliterated attack names (though there ended up being fewer than I was initially expecting. Mr. Shine ended up having all of them. :laugh:)

@MT: Thank you! :)
YES INDEED! We are entering a new period of joy and prosperity. And the alliterations were annoying but not glaring; they were all kind of subtle and didn't use huge, random synonyms like, ahem, some people's. Anyway, if they're used only in moderation, they're tolerable.

Now lets be fair... the same could be said for Castlevania and some other franchises.
True enough. I was exaggerating a bit. :bee: Actually, two Kirby movesets made it onto the Top 10 in MYM 3, too, so it's not like it's something totally new.

Oh wait, both of those were mine. Heh. Hehe.

Oh, by the way, the best theme from a Kirby game, ever.

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
Cool movesets everyone! Ill probally read them tommorow while I experiment with reformating my movesets.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
And the alliterations were annoying but not glaring; they were all kind of subtle and didn't use huge, random synonyms like, ahem, some people's. Anyway, if they're used only in moderation, they're tolerable.
Moi? :laugh:

And...I just picked up Castlevania Judgement today so hopefully I can use some of Shanoa's moves from this game to tweek my moveset a bit; add some spice to the standard moves hopefully...

SparkZ

Smash Cadet
Yet another update. General attacks, tilts, stats, smashes, and, just 4 minutes ago, aerials are done. Here is my schedule for the rest. Tomorrow, grabs and throws. The day after tomorrow, specials. The day after the day after tomorrow, finishing specials if I didn't complete it, taunts and victory poses. I may either get it onto here that night, or the day after that. And another leak, the ledge attacks!(which are some of Espeon's worst attacks)
Ledge Attack under 100%. Take Down. 8%. 45 degree knockback. Kills at 210%.
Appearance: Espeon pauses on the edge for just a moment, and then, using the edge, vaults itself forward in a high speed tackle. It goes about the distance of Bowser lying down. If Espeon hits the opponent, there will be an explosion where you hit them, and you will bounce back slightly like peach bomber in melee. However, if you don’t hit anything, you will fall on your side and suffer about 1.5 times the lag of a missed peach bomber(brawl) while you get up.
Uses: Don’t use unless the opponent is incredibly stupid and just stands near the edge waiting to get hit. Any intelligent opponent will jump up and punish your lag when you miss. Don’t use.

Ledge Attack over 100%. Grass Knot. 12%. 45 degree knockback. Kills at 134%.Appearance: Espeon appears to just stay on the edge, but he summons a bunch of grass out to about 1.5 times as far as the distance of Bowser lying down, which coils around the opponent’s feet and trips them. It actually happens quite quickly, and, at the same time, Espeon does the usual Take Down move, slamming into the opponent which just fell on their butt. Take Down does slightly more damage in this attack. Yay! Now you don’t have to worry about opponents who shield-grab or attack you when you come back up onto the edge! However, the jump-and-punish strategy still works on this move.
Uses: Same as above. You may be able to hit shielding opponents with this once or twice thanks to the element of surprise, but they will catch on quickly.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
@SparkZ: Looks good to me...but it kind of seems like you're even implying that the move is useless to use xD

@Tanookie: There's WiFi on Judgement right? I'd love to play a match against you eventually when I actually get the game down ^_^

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
The same could be same for Castlevania as far as Kirby movesets. And Sonic. And Fire Emblem/Medieval fantasy characters.

I only wish I could've read Mr. Shine and Mr. Bright, but I was busy keeping up with the insanely large amount of pages and doing a review.

As far as detail, if a move is basic, it's basic. It doesn't need that much elaboration. But I'm very rarely satisfied with such basic moves and end up typing something big for my move. If there's anything I could cut down on, it's extras, but you don't have to read those anyway. Mendez could do with more detail, I could do with less detail. The ideal amount is about what, say, HR or Spadefox put into their sets. It really just depends on what you're trying to communicate though. A word of advice though, if your style is over detailed, don't write up a mechanic that you have to explain it's effects on every move (Or a lot of), as that's the main way to make a moveset too long.

I think the way I describe lag/knockback is just fine, to be quite honest, and I state if the move has no KO potential/has lots of it in the move anyway if it's unclear. It probably would be a good idea for me to use comparisons to existing amounts of lag/knockback when possible though.

And yes K. Rool, point has been taken on the alliterated names. I often sit at the cpu trying to come up with one of those names longer then typing out the move itself. I really hate making those, and if you hate seeing them so much there's not much point. I just don't like giving my moves really generic sounding names. The only move's name I can remember that I distinctly liked was Joker's Dsmash "Pilgramage to Hell", as he takes anybody who comes up to him down with him with his explosives.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
My laptop got better :).

And in the process, I made progress with the moveset I'm working on.

But although writing it from scratch is actually better, I'm tired now. Will continue tomorrow. Then I need to get a lot of pictures.

But I can actually say that it's nearly done. Just finished Normals and Aerials. Note to self: Don't forget the dash attack.

Akiak

Smash Ace
@Dawgfood - Its pretty good! You used a nice switching mechanic although I didn't understand it well (the up-B). All in all, not bad move-wise.

Btw did anyone know I started a moveset making thread way before the first MYM? But it fell into darkness... lol

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
I haven't been on for 2 days, and a load of pages went by, To be honest, I thought this thread would be dead at christmas time! Anyone care to tell me what has happened during my abscence?

oh, I have added another little trick in Undeads down b, I think I made it more easier to understand, and I hope you can see whats the little draw back of this move is (I've think the sword moves and animation will be basic, but with the inclusion of magic, I think {well, hope} people will not see it). Tell me what ya think!:

Undead hero down b said:
Down-B: Magic Count

Animation: Undead Hero starts crouching down with its arms in its chest, and blue light is seen going towards Undead Hero. During this, Undead Hero is also flashing light blue as well. Use this move when you are under the magic total (A little purple bar with numbers on is seen underneath Undeads health percentage)

Properties:The magic which Undead has is an maximum of 320. Each move which uses some magic in will have a different number which uses up the magic count. When Undead Hero has no magic left or little amount of magic left, this is when you use this move, THIS REFILS YOUR MAGIC UP, and when you have 15 magic points left, it takes about 3 seconds to fully fill up to the top again. The magic points in a move will be listed underneath the properties section which shows how big the magic points is, and will be shown in this way: [MC = 20], and that number would reduce the overall magic you have left. This can be used in the air. This has small amount of start-up lag and ending lag. The magic total resets when Undead Hero loses a Life.
[MC = 15]

Uses:Well, you will need the magic, as a good number of moves will become much weaker than it is with magic. You will have to look at the magic total, and judge when to use this so you will not be punished for using it. DO NOT MAKE THE MAGIC POINTS BELOW 15, OR ELSE YOUR STUCK WITH NO MAGIC FOR THE REST OF THE LIFE.
EDIT: Undeads Side B:

Undead Hero Side-B said:
Side-B: Volcano Wall:

Animation: (First hit-box)Undead hero first looks towards the screen, and holds his hands up into the air, with the sword pointing down on the floor, and then Undead spins the sword around himself twice very quickly, you can see fire going around the sword. (Second hit-box)After this, Undead hero swings his sword over his head, onto the ground, which lets out a massive wall of fire (which I will explain in the next part of the animation). The sword still has fire coming from it. (Third hit-box) The giant wall of flame is about the size of 4 stage blocks (2 horizontally, and another stack above the first 2 blocks) tilted slightly downwards. The fire is a bright orange colour. This does the fire element when you have enough magic.

Properties: (First hit-box) The range of this is quite poor, but it is helpful for crowd support. This does 5% and mid-low knockback, which sends the foe horizontally. (Second hit-box) This part has good range, and is the strongest sword part of this move. This does 7% and mid-low knockback, sending the opponent horizontally. (Third hit-box) This is the projectile; this travels about 3/4 of Final Destination, which is quite a far distance. The speed of which it travels at is a tad faster than Luigis fireball. This stuns the enemy in one place, and does multiple hits. This can be DI’d out of, but the opponent has to go upwards to get out of this, or to the opposite direction the flame wall is going. This can do a maximum of 6%, which stuns the enemy in place.
This has a small amount of start-up lag, but has quite a bit of ending lag. The duration of this move is quite long. You can’t use this move in the air.
[MC = 50]

Uses: This move has multiple purposes, crowd support, projectile etc. The projectile, while being huge, it travels slowly, and therefore easily avoided. Your opponent should have good DI, as you can minimalism the damage to a small amount. But if the opponent does nothing to try and move from this move at a very early percentage, you could rack up 18% quite easily. Be careful using this though, as the magic points is extremely high!
Note: I'm not returning to my old self, these moves need more explainatin, thats all!

I also think that Undead hero would have an intresting playstyle (use Side-b to stum the enemy, use Wait command {to get the super armour frames}, followed by the down-b to restore the magic)

D

Deleted member

Mr. Shine & Mr. Bright are AWESOME. Complex, but AWESOME nontheless.

Baloo

Smash Ace
My next moveset after Marx will be De Blob. Now for a preview of Marx:

D Tilt
- Psyco Spin

Marx stands on his tip toes and spins around a few times. As he spins he sends out a few blue shockwaves, They have high range, but don't do any knockback or damage? Than what is the point of this attack? See, the Psyco Rings themselves do no damage or knockback, but a random effect. He could give Kirby a random copy ability for any character, even one not plying. He can make Game and Watch 3D. He could refresh or drain a Pokemon's stamina. He can make Zelda and Sheik switch. He can make Sonic too slow. He can give or take Pikmin or make Lucario's aura strengthen or weaken. He can charge or uncharge Wario's fart. Diddy Kong might drop Smart Bombs instead of nanners. He can switch the places of Nana and Popo. He can put the flower, sleep, stunned, freezie, or taunt effect on anyone. He can trip them. He can change the colors of Pikmin, improve or worsen traction, and adjust weight. He can make Jiggly fall faster than Fox, and make Fox the floatiest character in the game. He can even make the opponent it hits have a different costume on, for example, a blue Marth might suddenly find themselves in white, or Jigglypuff might find herself shiny and with a sunhat. He even has a five percent chance of making the music on the stage change! So lets make an example of what can happen. He uses this near Wario on the stage Pictochat. The song Wii Shop Channel is playing. Suddenly, Wario is all charged up with his fart, sleeping, and has a difference costume on. Also, the music has changed to Lip's Theme, thank goodness. When Wario wakes up, he may not find himself so floaty anymore. He has six jumps, but he falls faster than Fox! The effects were off after eight seconds, but can be very disorienting.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
And yes K. Rool, point has been taken on the alliterated names. I often sit at the cpu trying to come up with one of those names longer then typing out the move itself. I really hate making those, and if you hate seeing them so much there's not much point. I just don't like giving my moves really generic sounding names. The only move's name I can remember that I distinctly liked was Joker's Dsmash "Pilgramage to Hell", as he takes anybody who comes up to him down with him with his explosives.
Ehehe... um, yeah. It's not like they actively take away from the moveset or anything, but they just bug me. Personally, I still think alliterated names are better than no names at all, so, yeah.

NO I CAN'T HEAR YOU THIS IS THE AGE OF KIRBY NOBODY ELSE

D

Deleted member

Chapter 4 of The Return to Gamelon is coming along great. It has the longest conversation of any of my SSE chapters yet.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
my moves don't have intresting names, in fact, I don't think many names of my moves are intresting.

i'll take my above preview of "Volcano wall"

Wall = big bulky thing

Volcano = linked with fire

and thats just what the projectile is in a very, very small amount of words. I make my names depending on:

• Element of move and look for words related to it in some way (water = sea, tidal, river etc)
  • Simple animation (spin = twist, spiral etc)
  • what something looks like (ball = sphere, orb)
  • synomnes of dull/boring words I want to use

I used this ALOT in Tails Dolls moveset, notice how many of the names are awfully similar, yet don't have the same words as another move?

Preview needs <3 you know

SirKibble

Smash Champion
@Dawgfood - Its pretty good! You used a nice switching mechanic although I didn't understand it well (the up-B). All in all, not bad move-wise.
Thanks. If I may ask, what was unclear to you about it?

I haven't been on for 2 days, and a load of pages went by, To be honest, I thought this thread would be dead at christmas time! Anyone care to tell me what has happened during my abscence?
Let's see. . . You missed

• HR's Daroach moveset
  • Some spam
  • Ken (from Survivor) moveset from BKupa
  • Shanoa by MarthTrinity
  • More spam
  • Even more spam
  • Twil's moveset for Milliarde
  • My secret moveset revealed! Mr. Shine & Mr. Bright

Links to all but the last two movesets are on the Stadium. I'll be updating the list shortly...

oh, I have added another little trick in Undeads down b, I think I made it more easier to understand, and I hope you can see whats the little draw back of this move is (I've think the sword moves and animation will be basic, but with the inclusion of magic, I think {well, hope} people will not see it). Tell me what ya think!:
Looks pretty cool. I imagine this would be a pretty integral part of his game. About how many of his moves involve the use of magic?

EDIT: Undeads Side B:
Big flaming pillars of flames are always cool. :)

Mr. Shine & Mr. Bright are AWESOME. Complex, but AWESOME nontheless.
Thanks, Baron. I tried to keep them from being overly complex, but they still ended up a tad bit complicated.

D Tilt
- Psyco Spin

Marx stands on his tip toes and spins around a few times. As he spins he sends out a few blue shockwaves, They have high range, but don't do any knockback or damage? Than what is the point of this attack? See, the Psyco Rings themselves do no damage or knockback, but a random effect. He could give Kirby a random copy ability for any character, even one not plying. He can make Game and Watch 3D. He could refresh or drain a Pokemon's stamina. He can make Zelda and Sheik switch. He can make Sonic too slow. He can give or take Pikmin or make Lucario's aura strengthen or weaken. He can charge or uncharge Wario's fart. Diddy Kong might drop Smart Bombs instead of nanners. He can switch the places of Nana and Popo. He can put the flower, sleep, stunned, freezie, or taunt effect on anyone. He can trip them. He can change the colors of Pikmin, improve or worsen traction, and adjust weight. He can make Jiggly fall faster than Fox, and make Fox the floatiest character in the game. He can even make the opponent it hits have a different costume on, for example, a blue Marth might suddenly find themselves in white, or Jigglypuff might find herself shiny and with a sunhat. He even has a five percent chance of making the music on the stage change! So lets make an example of what can happen. He uses this near Wario on the stage Pictochat. The song Wii Shop Channel is playing. Suddenly, Wario is all charged up with his fart, sleeping, and has a difference costume on. Also, the music has changed to Lip's Theme, thank goodness. When Wario wakes up, he may not find himself so floaty anymore. He has six jumps, but he falls faster than Fox! The effects were off after eight seconds, but can be very disorienting.
That is really cool! All I'd say to do for improvement is make it so he can only use it every so often. Otherwise, this move'll get spammed like no tomorrow, and your opponents would get enough effects to make a grown man weep like a child.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
umm I haven't thought about it yet *imagins quickly* uhhh, 3 specials, maybe a tilt, all smashes, I thinking about 2 or 3 aerials, and maybe 2 throws.

not definite, but some ideas I think for some moves to be more originality. (generic sword spins = bad. Magic = unique and original.) I'm not even sure the sword moves (on there own) are going to be fully intresting, and i'm not sure that they're going to be generic or not!

I suppose thats what reviews and previews which wants commenting on is for, right?

Agi

Smash Lord
I finally got around to reading Mr. Shine and Mr. Bright, Kibble.

...wow. The amount of unique, un-thought of moves displayed in this moveset is simply incredible. A 100% sure super vote from me. However, like Akiak, I was a bit confused by the switching mechanic. You said that they jump up two stage-builder blocks into the air... then they stay there while the other comes into play? It seems to me that attempting to recover would only delay two stocks being taken off later on... and taking the KO would be a better idea. While Mr. Bright does have an individual recovery move (his UAir), being off the stage for any length of time seems like it would be a horrible idea... unless I'm missing something.

EDIT: Hey, this was my "Lucky 7" Roulette post!

Smady

Smash Master
I did notice some continuity errors due to the recovery in Mr. Shine and Mr. Bright, which are complications I imagine any MYMer would find. I suggest clarifying it, Kibble.

Sorry for not criticising that before, lol. I was honestly too stunned by seeing Mr. Shine and Mr. Bright to see the few flaws there are in the moveset - I love these characters and it clicked with me how perfect they were for Smash Bros. when I saw your completed moveset. This thought process also made me think of another character I dearly miss and whom is perfect for Smash, Ryuji Yamazaki, who I'm working on now. I'm having a much better time with that character compared to Garland, due to the abundance of animations [he's from a fighting game], whilst Garland you fight for five minutes and appears for less than half-an-hour in his game.

Rambling on I go. Continue opening the whoop-***, Kibble, whatever you do. ;)

Go, Ryuji, go!

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I finally got around to reading Mr. Shine and Mr. Bright, Kibble.

...wow. The amount of unique, un-thought of moves displayed in this moveset is simply incredible. A 100% sure super vote from me. However, like Akiak, I was a bit confused by the switching mechanic. You said that they jump up two stage-builder blocks into the air... then they stay there while the other comes into play? It seems to me that attempting to recover would only delay two stocks being taken off later on... and taking the KO would be a better idea. While Mr. Bright does have an individual recovery move (his UAir), being off the stage for any length of time seems like it would be a horrible idea... unless I'm missing something.
I did notice some continuity errors due to the recovery in Mr. Shine and Mr. Bright, which are complications I imagine any MYMer would find. I suggest clarifying it, Kibble.

Sorry for not criticising that before, lol. I was honestly too stunned by seeing Mr. Shine and Mr. Bright to see the few flaws there are in the moveset - I love these characters and it clicked with me how perfect they were for Smash Bros. when I saw your completed moveset. This thought process also made me think of another character I dearly miss and whom is perfect for Smash, Ryuji Yamazaki, who I'm working on now. I'm having a much better time with that character compared to Garland, due to the abundance of animations [he's from a fighting game], whilst Garland you fight for five minutes and appears for less than half-an-hour in his game.

Rambling on I go. Continue opening the whoop-***, Kibble, whatever you do. ;)

Go, Ryuji, go!
I guess I should have mentioned something about that. The Up Special isn't for recovery purposes. It is strictly a switching mechanic, though it gets you up a little bit. But both of them have actual recovery moves in the forms of their U-Air and F-Air.

Smady

Smash Master
Ah, now I understand. That switch reminds me of the Mega Man warping in terms of design, is it possible that's where Sakurai got the idea? It's possible considering the six years between each's release - I'm sure Mega Man was a big hit in Japan.

Baloo

Smash Ace
That is really cool! All I'd say to do for improvement is make it so he can only use it every so often. Otherwise, this move'll get spammed like no tomorrow, and your opponents would get enough effects to make a grown man weep like a child.
Yeah, I guess it would be. I added a twenty second recharge time for it. Since Marx has no specials (what? then it's not a real moveset, you may think. But don't worry, he has specials, just not in his normal form) I made the tilts do specialish things.

Agi

Smash Lord
I guess I should have mentioned something about that. The Up Special isn't for recovery purposes. It is strictly a switching mechanic, though it gets you up a little bit. But both of them have actual recovery moves in the forms of their U-Air and F-Air.
Okay, it makes sense now. I suppose I'm too used to seeing Up Special as a recovery move... although it would be EXCELLENT on your last stock if you have no chance of recovery.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
I just read Spadefox's Kefka moveset. It was.......weird?

I loved half of his attacks and was confused by the other half. Like his Towel attack. The only thing I can really link that to is Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Well, since I'm part of the "Sephiroth is overrated and Kefka is better than him and everyone else permanently" club I suppose I just wanted to see more FF6 references (although there were a gratifying amount), but in that case I should just make my own Kefka moveset in the next MYM instead of wondering why he didn't make it EXACTLY as I would.

And all those attacks that provoke fastfalling and second jumping look fun.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I am SO glad that I wasn't around for the last ten pages. So when we're not spamming, we're arguing? [melee announcer]Failure![/melee announcer]

So, I see Mr. Shine and Mr.Bright. I haven't read it yet, but I'm sure it's awesome judging by the comments.

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
I am SO glad that I wasn't around for the last ten pages. So when we're not spamming, we're arguing? [melee announcer]Failure![/melee announcer]
lol.

The problem is that there are much too many smart-a-lecks in this thread, most with an argumentative nature. On the spammy side, it is more the comic participants that hardly make movesets and looking for something to do and/or talk about. Whether or not we are threatened to be locked, I would hate to see this thread degrade to a cesspool of spams.

Baloo

Smash Ace
"Ooooh! We're in Brawl!" ♥

"Oh! I have to get my makeup on!" ♥

"I'm to sleepy to fight." ♥

"OK! My makeup is ready!" ♥

Baloo

Smash Ace

I'm scared! Everyone expects it to be super awesome and stuff. AHHHH!!!

But it is.

I posted it a while ago in a much earlier post to work on, it's on the page of the meaning of life.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion

I'm scared! Everyone expects it to be super awesome and stuff. AHHHH!!!

But it is.

I posted it a while ago in a much earlier post to work on, it's on the meaning of life.
lol, that's how I felt when I posted Black Doom. I was thinking "Oh God, there's no way it lived up to the hype" And then it turns out to be one of the best in the contest.:bee:

Baloo

Smash Ace
I don't think this will be one of the best in the contest, although it is a huge leap in organization for me.

THE MEANING OF LIFE, in this thread, that page. GET THE REFERENCE!? Now go look at page 42. NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom