• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as
I'll take a look at Count Bleck right now, and the BBQ/SSE/OPS looks good so far.

Anyway, here is a "preview" on Klavier Gavin. Comment, okay?

Musical Ability: Adaptation

In the game that he participated in, Apollo Jusice: Ace Attorney, Klavier Gavin is a prosecutor/part of "The Gavinners" as a singer and guitarist. Therefore, I decided on having Gavin have 3main "weapons" in his arsenal. You can only have one of those items out while playing as Gavin, but you can change each one with different moves.

Microphone:
This simple microphone is a great weapon in Gavin's arsenal. This small voice amplifier has a small stereo at the far end, increasing the range of the attack via the power of sound. However, using these kind of moves with Gavin five times in 15 seconds will break the the microphone, rendering the moves with the microphone useless.

Guitar:
The Guitar is a greater weapon that the microphone itself. Using this instrument gives you the power to hit your opponent at a farther reach using music and the guitar itself. However the guitar has a shorter life expectancy, breaking and burning (giving anyone near you and you yourself 3%) when used 3 times in 20 seconds.

Guitar Case:
The Case is a weapon the should be used often in Klavier's playstle. With this guitar case, you have a great range of power at your disposal. Using this case five times in 15 sconds will open the case, dropping and breaking the guitar and microphone, but giving you greater range despite the lack of damage and knockback.

A note about the moves. At the end of each despiction of the moves is a phrase that will indicate a mental reminder of the last move you've made. Here are the words:

Free Hand: The last move made leaves you with a free left hand.
Microfphone: The last move that was given involved your microphone, which stays on that hand.
Guitar: Your last move was guitar-centric, leaving you holding your guitar by the botom of the neck.
Guitar Case: Your last move use the Guitar case that you use in trial, with you holding the case with the handle.
No Change: The last move given doesn't change the indicator, likely becauseit was not involved in any way.

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
I didn't know you were allowed to call me by my joke nickname.

I was trying to advice you in your first attempts to make movesets, but as said, my thread of patience with you has ripped apart - hence that outburst.

You're here since this contest, most of us are here since the former ones, and you act like you're already completely accepted and everyone enjoys your creations. Which is NOT the case, I can assure you.

Try to focus on one thing, not 9001, give your stuff more time than 20 minutes, and especially use proper English. It's not too hard to put your text into a spellcheck.
okay, i'll try to be more satisfactory in the future, and i know people dont view my work as the high-up stuff, but i feel that i do a respectable job. i take my time on my movesets. as for the 20 minutes part, i MEANT to make it in 20 minutes so i could see what people thought of what i could accomplish in 20 minutes. do you get what i'm saying?
mr. spayd faux :bee:

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
CHAPTER 5 - THE FORCED-TO-FIGHT CLUB

NOTICE: This is only half of the chapter. Why am I posting half a chapter you ask? Because so far this thing is already long as one of my other chapters . So I highly suggest that if you're going to read it you read this part now so that you aren't crushed under a universe of text when the whole thing is up

THAT IS ALL

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I'll try to be more satisfactory in the future, and I know people don't view my work as the high-up stuff, but I feel that I do a respectable job. I take my time on my movesets. As for the 20 minutes part, I MEANT to make it in 20 minutes so I could see what people thought of what I could accomplish in 20 minutes. Do you get what I'm saying?
Mr. Spayd Faux :bee:
^You could start by doing what I just did..

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
i know something people DO know i can be good at, movesets! (notice i didn't say godly, awesome, or even great. just good) OO preview time!

vB:battery power
OO runs in place for 4 seconds, ehich in turn supercharges his battery, healing him 1% per second. if an enemy attacks him, they receive two electric damage and OO stops running in place. if they attack him during the last two seconds of the animation, OO also switches into the background. if he goes through the whole sequence, the idle time it takes for him to explode is raised to six seconds for 12 seconds. this effect cannot stack.

background attack:outline of static
an arrow appears above OO's head. you can change the direction of this arrow to up, down, left, or right. after 1.5 seconds, it locks. OO then creates a line of static electricity on the edge of the screen correspoding with the direction the arrow was pointed. the line lasts 10 seconds and does 2% with a flinch per hit. can be used to stop recovering enemies or save a teammate, as it also can hurt them, thus stalling them and allowing them one jump and a recovery. until it disappears, your idle time before explosion is three seconds.

i haven't read your SSE at all, HR, i think i will now, though.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
As you said that is really long for half a chapter, so it's easier to understand like that.

I just read the comments of mine that you put under your characters in your link up space, and the quotes from me seem really boring and cheesy :laugh:

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Don't worry wyvern, I think you've definitley improved with your move set making skills, and I look fowards to seeing one of my fav Megaman bosses in MYM

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
I'll do this again because I only got one comment: Preview of Gavin

Musical Mechanic: Adaptation

In the game that he participated in, Apollo Jusice: Ace Attorney, Klavier Gavin is a prosecutor/part of "The Gavinners" as a singer and guitarist. Therefore, I decided on having Gavin have 3main "weapons" in his arsenal. You can only have one of those items out while playing as Gavin, but you can change each one with different moves.

Microphone:
This simple microphone is a great weapon in Gavin's arsenal. This small voice amplifier has a small stereo at the far end, increasing the range of the attack via the power of sound. However, using these kind of moves with Gavin five times in 15 seconds will break the the microphone, rendering the moves with the microphone useless.

Guitar:
The Guitar is a greater weapon that the microphone itself. Using this instrument gives you the power to hit your opponent at a farther reach using music and the guitar itself. However the guitar has a shorter life expectancy, breaking and burning (giving anyone near you and you yourself 3%) when used 3 times in 20 seconds.

Guitar Case:
The Case is a weapon the should be used often in Klavier's playstle. With this guitar case, you have a great range of power at your disposal. Using this case five times in 15 sconds will open the case, dropping and breaking the guitar and microphone, but giving you greater range despite the lack of damage and knockback.

A note about the moves. At the end of each despiction of the moves is a phrase that will indicate a mental reminder of the last move you've made. Here are the words:

Free Hand: The last move made leaves you with a free left hand.
Microfphone: The last move that was given involved your microphone, which stays on that hand.
Guitar: Your last move was guitar-centric, leaving you holding your guitar by the botom of the neck.
Guitar Case: Your last move use the Guitar case that you use in trial, with you holding the case with the handle.
No Change: The last move given doesn't change the indicator, likely becauseit was not involved in any way.

I appreciate survive by comments and opinions, so please do that.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Oh, I'm sorry I didn't comment before.
I read it, but didn't comment.

Anyway, it seems pretty cool/ interesting, so that's two plus points to you :bee:.

I like the fact that thy can be broken, which makes the character not broken.

See what I did there?
:p

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Looks cool. Sounds kind of like the mechanic I had on Proto Man, but with a different twist. When's this 'set gonna be ready? Lol, seems like it's been in production for a while now. :laugh:

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
Oh, I'm sorry I didn't comment before.
I read it, but didn't comment.

Anyway, it seems pretty cool/ interesting, so that's two plus points to you :bee:.

I like the fact that thy can be broken, which makes the character not broken.

See what I did there?
:p
No Problem, really.

Yes, It's very awesome. What with the point system:confused:?

I saw wat u ded thar :chuckle:.

Looks cool. Sounds kind of like the mechanic I had on Proto Man, but with a different twist. When's this 'set gonna be ready? Lol, seems like it's been in production for a while now. :laugh:
To be serious, I don't know. I've been on and off for a while, but the best guess would be sometime this week. I didn't truly think off the attacks, as I was very concerned with the Specials mostly. All I can Truly tell you is that:

1.The Up Special is Platform Rise
2. The Neutral is Objection
3. Side will probably be similar to Wario's
4. Down might be a five second air guitar solo
5. Final Smash is a crowd of girls
&
6. One move is probably going to be called Feedback.

So yeah.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Plus points are good lol.

You have 2 things that are good for a move, it is cool, and it is interesting.

I've added Apollo in my OPS/SM, so if you haven't already, you may want to check it out.

I'm looking forward to see how these:

work out :laugh:

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
Plus points are good lol.

You have 2 things that are good for a move, it is cool, and it is interesting.

I've added Apollo in my OPS/SM, so if you haven't already, you may want to check it out.

I'm looking forward to see how these:

work out :laugh:
Ask And Ye shall recieve: (Well, At Least 1)

Final Smash: Horde of Fangirls
As Klavier flips his long beautiful hair with the orange aura seeping through him, a group of girls will appear out of nowhere from behind him. By their screaming ahhs, reaching arms, and the clothing consisted of "Gavinners Gear", the chances are that they're rabid fangirls. Those girls will follow Gavin a few feet behind him (he needs his breathing space) and will stop only when Gavin turns around. Klavier can use these fans as a platform by jumping on top of them, but can't go through by running into the crowd. Two different outcomes can happen depending on who you play.

Female (includes Shiek, Jigglypuff, Ivysaur, and Nana):
These girls seems to realize that they are fighting against a (presumed) rock god, so they join the group of rapid fangirls. Those girls get damaged every second with 2% because of the overcrowding of screamers. At the end (about 10 seconds), Gavin will play a high pitched note to the girls dealng 15% damage but no knockback. How do those girls attack Gavin afterwards, you might ask? The high pitched note that Gavin played seems to have hypnotized the people, making them forget about Klavier and get along with their lives.

Male/Unknown Gender:

The Guys and indeterminates don't have much to say about Klavier's Wannabe Lovers, but this does not reflact on the other side. Those girls believe that anyone in the way is a threat that must be killed, so they will attack them via a stamede of 15% damage and medium-high knockback. Thankfully this can be avoided by just dodging both Klavier and the crowd, but it's harder that it looks.

And by clicking this link, You get to hear the solo itself.

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
okay, i'm starting chapter 5 HR. hexxus WAS involved in the oil part, and i LOVE the characters-are-kidnapped-and-have-to-fight-each-other-and-maybe-meet-new-people scenario! my favorite kind of episodes for TV shows! you even have the cliche collars that muffle powers! all you need is a forced tag-team of characters and you will take the cake! this is definately getting a vote from me, but my super-vote belongs to warlord's SSE/PS/BBQ.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
*has expations met*

Wheeee!

Though I would have prefered if you used my OC pic for HR, since you don't have normal Ridley in there, but otherwise I loved it!

@Wyvern: Whoa, you read fast! But thank you for reading/commenting. :)

Smady

Smash Master
That video was pretty... different. :p

I never imagined stuff like this would surface, not in a million years. Welcome to a whole new realm, MYM, courtesy of Spadefox (and Cruxis, apparently). I'm excited by this new area we all seem to be branching out into, and as well as the OPS/BBQs, this community is only going to get bigger and better!

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Congratulations on that Spade.
As I said about Cruxis', sound does not agree with my computer, so I can't listen to it, but it looks great, so well done.

D

Deleted member

lol @ the first comment. :laugh: How'd he find it?

This would be awesome music for a BBQ intro.
I call dibs.

phatcat203

Smash Apprentice
Hello! I've been looking at this site for a while, but just never got around to joining... Anyways, is it too late to join/post a moveset? If it is, I'll just wait until MYM5. If it's not, does anyone know all the DBZ movesets that have been posted? I know about Trunks and Kid Goku, but that's it. I'm not asking for character specific cause I don't want to ruin the moveset.

Mardyke

Smash Journeyman
The trailer was well made Spadefox. Though I'm iffed by how overly cheesy it is. For one, you used too many adjectives for describing the villains, TOO MANY FLIPPIN' ADJECTIVES! DX

Second, I know you're only trying to feature everyone, but doing so just made the trailer...well, long. Too long. Maybe if it were just some pictures on their own (of background - I just can't stand close-ups like those of characters from a critical perspective of trailers, even if I were the one who made their movesets) then the length wouldn't have been such a setback, but no. You just had to throw in cheesy one-liners for every five seconds, didn't you?

At least it's out there... petrifying every sane person who doesn't know a thing about Make Your Move. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom