• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
i'm pretty sure i'm done with movesets till MYM5, but i got my first three movesets planned:

super mario bros. Z mecha sonic
eragon (from the book series)
calvin and hobbes

if i get reeealy bored, i'll do mecha or eragon in this contest

Baloo

Smash Ace
Thanks for all the other comments on Bubblun!

And Cortez is awesome, great job.

@goldwyvern: You're doing Calvin and Hobbes? You'd better do a good job...

EDIT: If the noodle incident is not the final smash I will be very angry.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Missing No.? I must read this.

EDIT: Missing No. is great. Some good things about it:

+ You actually use Pokemon moves for all (or most) of his attacks
+ His Side B is unlike anything I've ever seen, and I would give it a vote just for that
+ Used color and BB code

Some bad things:

+ Some of the BB code is not working, fix that
+ The organization is just a tad awkward
+ Some of the attacks are unoriginal and boring. Water Gun is a bad culprit of this
+ I'll beat the Detail Nazi to this point, but some of the moves lack proper detail
+ While you did use BB code, it would help to bold things and make them stand out

Overall, it's a nice, good moveset.

Fix those things, and you'll have a solid moveset. Always remember one thing though (and this is for everyone):

If this is the best you can do, that's enough. Your best is always enough.

THAT IS ALL​

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I'm very happy to announce that Make Your Move 5 will have a whole TON of villains from the Walt Disney Animated Movies. All in one moveset!

3 or even 4 basic movesets with many alternative costumes, aesthetic and several other changes, and, of course, changing voice actors, extras like music (DISNEY SONGS FTW!), stages, trophies, etc... Everything you could wish for your villain cast in your MYM5 Story Mode!!

Characters who definitely will be included:
Scar (The Lion King)
Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty)
Ursula (The Little Mermaid)
Judge Claude Frollo (The Hunchback of Notre Dame)
The Queen of Hearts (Alice in Wonderland)
Shere Khan (The Jungle Book)

...and many more.

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
@goldwyvern: You're doing Calvin and Hobbes? You'd better do a good job...

EDIT: If the noodle incident is not the final smash I will be very angry.
dont worry, have owned calvin and hobbes for years. i own about 6 books of it. i am really sad that it was eventually stopped.

also, i guess i could get started on one of the sets now, so which should i start now? (leaning towards mecha sonic, as SMBZ pwnz)

Baloo

Smash Ace
NO CALVIN AND HOBBES!!!!!

And Missing No is awesome, the side B is very good. But more detail could be used.

Mardyke

Smash Journeyman
I was wondering when someone was going to consider Calvin & Hobbes. I hope you do them justice - in terms of comical factor, and especially extras, there's a heap of potential. But I think it'll be tricky to get the atmosphere down on it.

And if it's any interest to anyone, I'm working on another moveset and hoping to have it up by tomorrow. Just need to give it some fine-tuning. On another note, I altered some of Ed's moves and altered percentages a while ago, and his Final Smash is in a reworking - check that out if you liked him the first time round.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I'm very happy to announce that Make Your Move 5 will have a whole TON of villains from the Walt Disney Animated Movies. All in one moveset!

3 or even 4 basic movesets with many alternative costumes, aesthetic and several other changes, and, of course, changing voice actors, extras like music (DISNEY SONGS FTW!), stages, trophies, etc... Everything you could wish for your villain cast in your MYM5 Story Mode!!

Scar (The Lion King)

...and many more.
Wow, I am so looking forward to this, as I'm a big fan of Disney.
I'm going to be a pain now lol, and suggest Gaston, Clayton, and the Evil Queen from Snow White.

Those are the first 3 villains that weren't on your list that came to mind :laugh:

Akiak

Smash Ace
Jimny I made a Shy Guy moveset in MYM 3. Link in my sig if you wanna take a look.
And I dont think anyone made Blooper so do the moveset if you want to. Besides there CAN be 2 or more movesets of the same character.
Maybe instead of a switching mechanic they both work together like the IC?

And my ideas for movesets are:

Electroplankton (in progress)
Petey Piranha
Lego Man
Ball Kirby

Does anyone know any painting character I could do? Like Smeargle or Bowser Jr. with his brush. But I don't like them. Know any others?

EDIT: at Spade, add Captain Hook! Or Brutus from Mickey.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Wow, I am so looking forward to this, as I'm a big fan of Disney.
I'm going to be a pain now lol, and suggest Gaston, Clayton, and the Evil Queen from Snow White.

Those are the first 3 villains that weren't on your list that came to mind :laugh:
I'm WAY ahead of you, kekekeke

@Akiak:

Relm from Final Fantasy VI uses a brush.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Jimny I made a Shy Guy moveset in MYM 3. Link in my sig if you wanna take a look.
And I dont think anyone made Blooper so do the moveset if you want to. Besides there CAN be 2 or more movesets of the same character.
Maybe instead of a switching mechanic they both work together like the IC?

And my ideas for movesets are:

Electroplankton (in progress)
Petey Piranha
Lego Man
Ball Kirby

Does anyone know any painting character I could do? Like Smeargle or Bowser Jr. with his brush. But I don't like them. Know any others?

EDIT: at Spade, add Captain Hook! Or Brutus from Mickey.

I read your Shyguy moveset.
It was good, but I have something totally different in mind, and I probably won't use any transformations into different guys, so I guess I can do it.
I'm thinking of adding buzzy beetle as well :laugh:, maybe instead of Shyguy.

And yay for being ahead of me Spade :bee:!

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec

Scar (The Lion King)

...and many more.
Aw, I was planning to do Maleficent. :ohwell:

Regardless, that moveset sounds boss. Looking forward to it (whenever it may be).

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Aw, I was planning to do Maleficent. :ohwell:

Regardless, that moveset sounds boss. Looking forward to it (whenever it may be).
Heh, I'm very sorry.

I've decided upon the roster (yes I call it a roster, lol) of this extensive moveset, and it will feature 20 (playable) villains from the Disney movie timeline reaching from Wicked Queen Grimhild (Snowwhite) to Clayton (Tarzan) as the most recent bad guy.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Jafar and Hades should be added to that list from this contest.

They are all separate entries, right? A 6-in-1 would be hell to balance.

Clayton uses guns lol.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Heh, I'm very sorry.

I've decided upon the roster (yes I call it a roster, lol) of this extensive moveset, and it will feature 20 (playable) villains from the Disney movie timeline reaching from Wicked Queen Grimhild (Snowwhite) to Clayton (Tarzan) as the most recent bad guy.
I'm gonna make a mental list of who I think you've picked lol, see how good I am at guessing popular, and hopefully more obscure, Disney villains.

Also, that's not a moveset, that's a Story Mode :laugh:.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I'm gonna make a mental list of who I think you've picked lol, see how good I am at guessing popular, and hopefully more obscure, Disney villains.

Also, that's not a moveset, that's a Story Mode :laugh:.
Heh. You'll be surprised by a few picks, I'm sure.

Hyper_Ridley said the same about it, not being a moveset but a BBQ. XD

I've also made an icon - although the character depicted will not be playable in the moveset. :laugh:

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I am so putting Chernabog in my SM, as he is epic.

The only villains I'm not sure of are the ones from Mulan, but that may have been made after Tarzan.
Are you going from the Disney Villains franchise, or just from random villains from the films and cartoon series?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I won't use Mulan, as I never saw it. So... yea. XD

I will only use the cartoons, and only the movies there. A few movies will be mentioned more than once, having more viable villain in there - hence making it probably hard to compile a list. ;)

D

Deleted member

Scar (The Lion King)

...and many more.
Chernabog? Yzma? That bad guy from Home on the Range?

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
okay, im reeeally bored, so i'm starting eragon. here are his mechanics (all i have written yet):

special mechanics:
eragon calls upon saphira for a handful of moves, most notably his down special but each of these actions fatigues saphira, forcing her to rest for a while before she can be summoned again. each move has a different amount of time in which she must rest. when she is ready, eragon will not flash, nor will an icon appear near his damage. saphira will fly onscreen in the background up in the sky. dont worry, she is quite arge and close by, making her easy to spot.

also, as in the books, magic weakens the user. all magic based attacks cause a certain amount of damage to eragon as specified in the description.

D

Deleted member

Good enough. And someone needs to make a moveset for Yzma from The Emperor's New Groove, the best post-Tarzan Disney movie.

I can't; Once I finish The Cheat, Bone Cousins, and my secret character, I'm focusing on OCs.

Sun-Wukong

Smash Journeyman

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Well, we're going so heavy on the Chrono Trigger movesets now, I'm going to add another to my plans:

- MARLE -

We need the whole playable cast. That's an order!! ;)

Baloo

Smash Ace
anyone got somethin' to say about eragon's special mechanics? they're on the last page, i believe.
It's cool, but sounds a bit like the next Pichu. It's attacks do damage to itself? Bottom tier worthy, make it a different effect, like he does less damage for a few seconds or something.

As seen in my signature, there is a mystery moveset I will be making next: ??C????? ??C?S

EDIT: ??C????? ??C?S doesn't have much moveset potential. Instead I'm doing K???????

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
I am so putting Chernabog in my SM, as he is epic.

The only villains I'm not sure of are the ones from Mulan, but that may have been made after Tarzan.
Are you going from the Disney Villains franchise, or just from random villains from the films and cartoon series?
I'm gonna use the KH variation.

We've already had two movesets that use these characters' quotes, YouTube Toilet and King Harkinian.

Also, @Spayed: HOLY SH*T 20 MOVESETS IN ONE LOLOL
*coughanonymous'syoutubepoopaltformcough*

20 movesets in one would be insane.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
Are all of the Chrono Trigger characters covered? If not, I could probably do one that hasn't been claimed yet.

If none of the main cast, maybe Dalton, or that robot at the fair who sings and fights you....

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
It's cool, but sounds a bit like the next Pichu. It's attacks do damage to itself? Bottom tier worthy, make it a different effect, like he does less damage for a few seconds or something.

As seen in my signature, there is a mystery moveset I will be making next: ??C????? ??C?S

EDIT: ??C????? ??C?S doesn't have much moveset potential. Instead I'm doing K???????

first, eragon isn't an it, he's a he. his dragon saphira is female. have you read the books? if you read them, you will be amazed. they are eragon, eldest, and brisingr by christopher paolini.

second, it will only be 1-7%, and they are all stronger the more damage he takes. also, there are only a small handfull of attacks like this. compare this to pichu, where almost all of his important attacks and some others hurt him.

Baloo

Smash Ace
Sorry, he.

I've never read the books, I hope to sometime soon.

And I guess if only a few attacks do it and it's nothing to high, it won't be horribly bottom tier. And what do you mean by "they are all stronger the more damage he takes"?

And no comment on K??????? No guesses?

airsmasher

Smash Apprentice

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
Sorry, he.

I've never read the books, I hope to sometime soon.

And I guess if only a few attacks do it and it's nothing to high, it won't be horribly bottom tier. And what do you mean by "they are all stronger the more damage he takes"?

And no comment on K??????? No guesses?
"they are all stronger the more damage he takes" means that an attack that gives eragon 5% would be a lot more powerful than one that only gives him 1%.

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
first, eragon isn't an it, he's a he. his dragon saphira is female. have you read the books? if you read them, you will be amazed. they are eragon, eldest, and brisingr by christopher paolini.
At the risk of SPAYED FAWKS chewing me out for spamming, I must disagree. Those books are a walking cliche and some of the crappiest-quality fantasy books out there.

Just throwing in my two cents.

*Runs away before Spayed can catch him*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom