• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
Well if you want to use any of the Flame Hazes as an AT or whatever, don't hesitate on my account. Like I said before, forget any of my plans about MYM5 because I have no idea if I'll follow through with any of them.

Junahu

Smash Ace
Only one thing: Trophy Master called Primid a few hundred pages back, but after I had already listed Primid as one of My upcoming movesets on the wiki.:confused: So does what does that mean for my set? I'm almost done with it and my Dry Bones moveset.
Provided the two end up sufficiently different, there's no problem. I wouldn't worry too much about it, just concentrate on getting it done.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
Well if you want to use any of the Flame Hazes as an AT or whatever, don't hesitate on my account. Like I said before, forget any of my plans about MYM5 because I have no idea if I'll follow through with any of them.
haha I'm kind of that way too. let's just say my plans for this MYM originally included superman & tifa. they got replaced by shana & bison (& it didn't even matter since I didn't get to them anyway).

anyhow, I'm planning to use margery as an AT, but that won't be for quite a while. If you want to make a moveset for her or any other flame haze, alert me & I'll happily refrain from making their AT. or better yet, we could split duties for making that extra stuffz. :bee: If you do decide to go through with a flame haze moveset, let me know & I'll adjust my plans if need be :)

Alfa

Smash Apprentice
I am considering entering a moveset based on the game Far Cry 2, a first person shooter on the PS3. This will be my first moveset in MYM, but I have one big problem with what name I should use, should I use the name of one of the characters you can pick at the beginning, and just offer skins of the other characters, or should the name change as the skin changes, or should I just have something along the lines of "Far Cry 2 Player?"

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
First of all, welcome to Make Your Move and SWF.

Please keep in mind that the contribution time of the contest ends at the 28th of February, so if your project is very big, you should maybe wait for MYM5, and meanwhile create and refine what you made so far.

Far Cry 2, huh? Well, I'd normally say "Do what you think would be best", but that won't help you much, so I guess I'll tell you what I'd do:
Choose the character skin you're most comfortable with and put the other skins as alternative costumes.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I think Spade is talking about if there will be any rules as to WHOSE sets we are allowed to advertise. You know, are we allowed to ad for our own sets and whatnot.
There weren't any restrictions of the sort last time, were there? Unless you want to impose on yourself a "no advertising my own movesets" rule like I did last time, things should roll as they did last time.

I am considering entering a moveset based on the game Far Cry 2, a first person shooter on the PS3. This will be my first moveset in MYM, but I have one big problem with what name I should use, should I use the name of one of the characters you can pick at the beginning, and just offer skins of the other characters, or should the name change as the skin changes, or should I just have something along the lines of "Far Cry 2 Player?"
Yeah that does kind of present a problem. Honestly I'd just call him "Jack Carver" since that's the closest that series is ever going to get to a main protagonist, even though he only "appeared" in the first game.

Otherwise just take the standard PC and give him a generic name like..."Jack", or something. :dizzy:

What why. O_o
Because:

Directors > Regular Members
Note: Sandbags > Directors

Junahu

Smash Ace
There weren't any restrictions of the sort last time, were there? Unless you want to impose on yourself a "no advertising my own movesets" rule like I did last time, things should roll as they did last time.
Yeah, almost everyone was kind enough to advertise other people's movesets, and a lot of people went out of their way to represent the more obscure or overlooked gems.

...Or maybe I should stop wearing these rose tinted glasses..

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
February the 26th ay? Sound like I have plenty of time to woo you all with my AOSTH Robotnik set, I'm on theaerials now, and I've planned some great aerials in my own humble opinion.

To let you know of my creative taste buds, here's a slice of the PINGAS:

AOSTH Robotniks F-air said:
Forward Air: Cup of tea?

Animation:Dr Robotnik leans forward with a boiling kettle in his right hand, but he accidentally tips it too far, and the brew of the tea pours down a infinite downward arc distance until it passes the blast zone. If the opponent is hit by the boiling tea, it forces the opponent to run around with limited control. Just think of this as when Mario/Wario gets touched by fire in their games, and they start running around. In the air, however, it does no effect like this. The effect lasts for 4 seconds.

Properties:The movement of the tea pot doesn’t have much range, but the tea that gets dropped has HUGE range, until the bottom of the blast zone or it hits solid ground. This has some start-up, ending and landing lag. The opponent runs at the same speed as they normally down, maybe a bit down for the speed of Falcon or Sonic. The tea pot hit-box is quite small; it does 8% and low-high knockback, which sends the opponent horizontally. The tea does multiple hits, but it’s likely that you will only manage to get 3%, as the tea in the air actually does no hit-stun.

Uses:This can cause many traps, such as a long ranged D-tilt or D-air to trap the enemy, and clobber them with a F-tilt or something high rewarding.

Salvo Fenris

Smash Apprentice
My house has power back, finally! That means I can get back to work on Jenna. And sleep in my own bed and NOT freeze in the process.

Baloo

Smash Ace
OH MEH GOSHZORZ SPADEFOX H4S A BLOO NAM3!!!111

Anyway,

Toad Brigade preview:

Up B - Toad Ship
Something about the size of Olimar's ship appears, it's the Toad Ship! Mailtoad jump onto it,and can control it for three seconds before it explodes, sending him up a little bit further. It does fifteen damage it anyone is hit by the bottom of it. This is without a doubt one of the best recoveries in the game, it goes a bit faster than the speed of ROB's and doesn't put you in helpless mode! However, there is a slight drawback. It has fifty HP, and if more than that amount of damage is done to it, kabloom! It explodes, doing very high knockback and two hundred damage to poor Mailtoad. However, it is easy to avoid that happening, and it reflects most melee projectiles, but is extremely susceptible to fire or electricity attacks, which do twenty damage. It has a shield however, by pressing the shield button, but it moves more slowly in shield mode and the shield can be broken if attacked enough.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Toad Ship seems okay, but if you spammed fire moves it could be broken easily, and 200% seems a lot of damage for using an attack at the wrong time.

I like the mechanic of it, it just seems disadvantageous to the Toad Brigade.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
despite my tendency to ignore moveset previews with all of my might, I am dreadfully intrigued by the Toad Brigade because (a) it's the only other Brigade besides my own in MYM 4 that I know of and (b) the moveset seems ridiculously complicated, which I'm partial to.

Baloo

Smash Ace
Toad Ship seems okay, but if you spammed fire moves it could be broken easily, and 200% seems a lot of damage for using an attack at the wrong time.

I like the mechanic of it, it just seems disadvantageous to the Toad Brigade.
If it wasn't so disadvantageous, it would be completely broken. It's fast, does damage, and is completely maneuverable.

despite my tendency to ignore moveset previews with all of my might, I am dreadfully intrigued by the Toad Brigade because (a) it's the only other Brigade besides my own in MYM 4 that I know of and (b) the moveset seems ridiculously complicated, which I'm partial to.
:bee::bee:

Oh yes, it is complicated. Each toad has like a bergilian little mini mechanics, here are those off the top of my head

All:
Switching Mechanic

Red
Copy Ability

Many
Some Waddle Dee Toss clone

Yellow
Tripped Attacked
Feathers
Roast

Purple
Envelopes
Aquatic Attacks

Blue
Picture Book

Green
Pickax Twirl
Star Bits
Cannon

Pink (Toadette)
Magikruiser (not a Wario Bike clone, just wait:lick:)

Do you know what all of those do? No, but they're complicated!:bee:

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
yeah, that's absurd. Looking forward to it. If you get it to work well in the context of Smash, I'm certainly going to blatantly copy glean some pointers from the finished moveset.

Baloo

Smash Ace
yeah, that's absurd. Looking forward to it. If you get it to work well in the context of Smash, I'm certainly going to blatantly copy glean some pointers from the finished moveset.
Yeah.

Akiak comes up with amazingly original attacks for him, while I come up with the ridiculous special mechanics. What's really preposterous is that some of the mechanics only use one move. So yeah, it's getting, in your own words, "absurd", but awesomely so as well.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
oh, a joint moveset? I don't think I'd be able work with someone else on a moveset as I barely know what I'm doing or what I want half the time, but props to you guys then.

Baloo

Smash Ace
Yep I'm the best... jk.

We'll finish it for MYM 4.

I wanna try some fonts...
Yeah, the reason I said originally that it wouldn't be done was because I thought the end date was like, the end of January.

For Toad??

Baloo

Smash Ace
Wow! Thoses are great fonts! I see:

Times New Roman,
Times New Roman,
Times New Roman,
and Times New Roman

Sorry.

EDIT: I happen to know one of those is webdings. Why the ************************** can I not see webdings, I have it.

Baloo

Smash Ace
You don't see webdings? Thats the font...

Fine I wont post my experiments.
And Baloo, STOP CHANGING AVATAR!!!
Why? What's wrong with changing avys?

And those two attacks are great, especially Bowsers.

Baloo

Smash Ace
Dialog? On a forum????

*GASP!*

But OK, I'll go back to my Oh So Snake avy now, and keep it like that. For at least a month...

Any sets to post, anyone? Previews? MYM4 is apparently in that state where absolutely no one is anywhere near done with a moveset and thus spam reigns.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Leave the Chit-chat to the chat, or as Spadefox said, through VMS/PMS.

We have plenty of sources to stop the spam here, such as the MYM chat and social group. We don't need petty discussions spamming this place again.

@Baloo: didn't you look at the bottom of the page on page 641?

Akiak

Smash Ace
Oh 'kay thanks.

*sighs*

In MYM talk:

I'm pretty looking forward to Robotnik. I like all those trap-like attacks you put. Could make for a great playstyle. Make sure you write a good long one for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom