• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I essentially have five bosses for the stage, so what do you expect?
Yeah, all that writing for your complicated stage really is very necessary, so it's justified.

LOL.

It's one of my made up curse words. Others include "Eat exhaust," "Go sit on a pineapple," and "Cracker barrel".
Dude, those sound like great moves for Pigs of McDonald.

List of Nominees
I see...my name listed several times! *beams proudly* in a humble fashion, as usual

Also, Warlord needs more representation in the TL;DR category...jk.

JK!

Where am I?
Here.

But you should also be in the Most Helpful Poster category.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Guys, joke movesets are movesets that aren't serious. Stuff like Harkinian and AI Colonel are joke characters, but the movesets themselves are perfectly serious. If we added those two (actually good) movesets into the category, why the hell would anyone vote for Smeargle or Gigyas?

Also, that one needs less Gold Magikarp. Twas not a joke moveset, twas an extremely rushed moveset to poke fun at frogman.

I'm not funny? I DON'T AMUSE YOU? Well, excuuuuse me for not dancing like a puppet on a string to please you every whim, you guys! Jerks.

...But seriously, that all looks pretty great. Can't wait for the voting. The Best Moveset Designer category feels a bit arbitrary at times, though; it's missing some greats and also includes some less-than-reputable moveset makers (you know...).
Do you really want to get slapped round the face with a Golden Magikarp?

Although eating a feebas would be much tastier than a common Magikarp? And that paint... blargh

Overral though, Silver, you've done a pretty dang good job on this!

SirKibble

Smash Champion
K.Rool is right about the joke movesets thing, guys. We're looking at entries that weren't serious, not funny characters.

And I'm pretty sure "Most Improved" refers to people who improved across MYMs, like, whose quality increased the most from MYM3 to MYM4.

Baloo

Smash Ace
...But that puts me out of the running. I mean, honestly. Look at the Ghost Gang. Then look at Bubblun. That's improved. I'm a newcomer, but that doesn't mean i can't improve.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
K.Rool is right about the joke movesets thing, guys. We're looking at entries that weren't serious, not funny characters.

And I'm pretty sure "Most Improved" refers to people who improved across MYMs, like, whose quality increased the most from MYM3 to MYM4.
Baloo and Trophy Master are in Most Improved though, and they only debuted in this contest.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
I've always thought "most improved" is linked with your sets from 1 MYM to the next. Unless there's a noticeable difference of improvement of someones movesets, if, lets say, you done 3 or more sets.

Joke sets = Smeargle, Super Gimp Charizard, Giygas etc

Funny sets = Al Colonel, King Harikan, AOSTH/YTP Robotnik etc.

Baloo

Smash Ace
That's what I just addressed. My first moveset was total garbage, it was completely dreadful. It couldn't have won MYM1. Meanwhile, my Bubblun moveset is much better. Compare these:

Down Air: Air flip: Flips in midair and pushes his hands downwards. Spikes. High knockback, 12%

Dair - Ame Da Ma
A pop appears at Bubblun's feet, and an Ame Da Ma appears beneath him, and spits down a purple ball about half the size of Jigglypuff. This ball can spike in the first few frames, and does twelve damage and medium vertical knockback. This keeps on going down until it hits an opponent or the ground. Once this attack has landed, the Ame Da Ma disappears. No ,there is no glitch or anything, it can't stay. However, Kirby can inhale it, get little candy things on his sides and shoots purple balls. This has high lag, and high range.

I'd call that improved.

The Trophy Master

Smash Journeyman
*Sends Sundance an orange elephant on Chirstmas, a
What Baloo said is true, even if we just entered we can improve a lot!

Only look at Prof. Rowan, then look at Pokey!

I think that anybody can go in this section ( if they really improved ) and that I'm really asking myself if we must do so much spam for this. I mean, I know it's not fun not to be in nominees, but come on, HS will not change all of the list to please everybody.

Anyways, good job on the list Half Silver! :bee:

EDIT : I don't understand why I must put so much text before my sig appears.. two weeks ago I could post two sentences and it would appear... :( It really isn't fun. Bidoof's Normal Attacks are finished however! :bee:

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
@Baloo: Again, i'm just so God slow compared to you guys, so if you excuse me, i'm going to train my finger tendions.

Eveyones improved, yes, but how much compared to some? That's the question I think.

Also, when the voting actually happens, it will be VERY intresting how the results will show, as there is no clear winner at the moment.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Saaay, silver, I think you should give only 3 votes for Most Improved and 3 for Most Helpful. There aren't that many nominees for either one, it seems unnecessary.

Likewise, I'd only give 2 votes for Best Reviewer. That's just me, though. Anyone agree, based on the numbers?

Can't wait for voting time. :bee:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
In MYM 3 I won the most improved category and I debuted in the contest. It only makes sense Baloo, Trophy Master, and Goldwyvern should be added to those categories. Considering how I first came into moveset making in MYM 3 with a typical crappy K. Rool moveset yet came out as the second place winner simply said too much.

I would be all for a joint moveset category, but there aren't enough candidates. Klump and Krusha and Cortez are the only ones. . .And the Halberd Crew which will be posted before the end of MYM 4. Hahahahahahaah. . .

And Goldwyvern, I edited my post on page 709 to have a response to your SM questions.

And I agree with lowering the numbers on best reviewer, most improved, and most helpful

Baloo

Smash Ace
Yes! I personally think I have improved a lot. Ghost Gang was not actually my first moveset, Dimentio was. It didn't even post it until recently as a joke it was so bad. Here is it's link.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=6423454&postcount=8773

You can possibly say that I haven't improved as much as others? Odf course I have! Compare that piece of garbage to any post-marx movsets. Even from one to the next, I have a bit more detail, a bit more originality, a bit better organization. Even comparing my currently in progress Toad Brigade to my others I see a difference. I have improved as much, and probably more, than many have since MYM2. Not trying to sound all high and mighty, my movesets pale in comparison to some of the old timers. Just sayin.

EDIT: And my Toad Brigade, Warlord. Akiak is helping.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
@ Stage competition: Warp Room from Cortex & Tiny would blow away all stage competition.

And the MYM Awards are up! W00t!

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Okay, guys... we all put down our notes, I guess... now, shall we move on with a moveset, maybe? How about my last one?

I need a new page...

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Yes! I personally think I have improved a lot. Ghost Gang was not actually my first moveset, Dimentio was. It didn't even post it until recently as a joke it was so bad. Here is it's link.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=6423454&postcount=8773

You can possibly say that I haven't improved as much as others? Odf course I have! Compare that piece of garbage to any post-marx movsets. Even from one to the next, I have a bit more detail, a bit more originality, a bit better organization. Even comparing my currently in progress Toad Brigade to my others I see a difference. I have improved as much, and probably more, than many have since MYM2. Not trying to sound all high and mighty, my movesets pale in comparison to some of the old timers. Just sayin.

EDIT: And my Toad Brigade, Warlord. Akiak is helping.
You're one of those new MYMers who learn from your mistakes, and each moveset gets better and better for you, some MYMers may have hit their peak already. Not many MYMers got better and better until when reviews came out and the detail movement commenced!

Because of this, Baloo, I rate you big time.

[Wii has no chatroom access lol]

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
How did I miss that hilariously bad Dimentio moveset before? I wonder what could ever of possessed you to not post it, Baloo? Just so many movesets in that storm I suppose.

And without a doubt Baloo, you are one of the main cadidates for the award. It's between you, Goldwyvern, and Sundance Kid IMO.

When I first saw you post Ghost Gang, I hid from the thing like a plague. I constantly begged to not have to review it due to having to be too harsh on it and everything, but now you've become one of those I hold respect for.

Also. . .WHY AREN'T WE IN THE CHAT? You're forcing me to actually post in the thread again it's so dead!

Edit: Oh crap I screwed Spade's page.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Fine, then I'll wait for Page 713... =/

you don't have to spam this page up for me again, guys... it'll eventually come.

@MasterWarlord:
So I... haven't improved at all? Great... that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside... -.-"

Smady

Smash Master
Sorry about that, Fox.

I think I improved quite a bit from MYM3 to MYM4, although certainly not in quantity. Then again, I entered that Vivi moveset back in 3 without ever entering MYM before, I feel it was a gigantic improvement over my movesets from pre-Brawl. Personally, I think that Baloo deserves the 'improvement' award.

http://xat.com/chat/room/47384259/

Stop spamming the thread and come here, guys.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910

Better be #8 when I post this!

EDIT: #9, I failz, and the Wii has no chatroom access, yes i'm doing this from the wii!

NUMBER 9TH POST

I improved dramatically from MYM3 to MYM4! and the details been going down ever since - for the better.

Baloo

Smash Ace
Well, I'm glad someone finally came out and said quite simply that the Ghost Gang was a complete failure.

Because it was.

Now, I'm actually rather good at this. Maybe one day I'll win 1st place. In MYM73

Oh my. 9

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Baloo went from bad to good.
Spadefox went from good to top 10.

In my opinion of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom