• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baloo

Smash Ace
That's all wonderful, but you can't make a character with an unfinished moveset. :p

I'm guessing that Bubblun's bubble mechanic is to hard to do? Cuz that would be awesome, and it is my most popular set.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
For clarity's sake, is it too late to ask for a review, or is it still possible to make you nice people suffer some more ask for one?
Nope, not too late. You have to consider the possibility that we don't get around to it at all, though; we'll only have the advertising period to clear away that beefy queue, there.

Super Star Helpers - :dizzy:
Good luck with that, Baloo. Even with only seven, that's still a TON. By the way, I may very well make a TAC moveset myself in MYM 5, so we'll just see how that turns out.

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT

As soon as I get my new computer, I'll download Game Maker and, after some famililiarizing, I'll do a Smash Bros with MYM characters! I've already used other game making programs before, so this isn't going to be hard.
Sounds really, really awesome... if a tough project to embark on.

I'll include popular movesets from MYM 4 onwards. But some special mechanics are hard to make so some complicated movesets won't make it.
I'll do my best to include Kawasaki, and simplify the mechanic. Also, don't expect all of the moves. I might be forced to do only Specials as moves take time. I might include some other moves though.
I'm thinking Kawasaki is more or less unimplementable in something like this; I'd much rather see Jafar or Snorlax or something implemented a bit more neatly. Not that they have sprites, though... :(

I have no MYM 5 plans. I don't know them myself, they're just nebulous concepts at the moment, and I've learned better than to talk about plans that might never come to be. At the moment, I only have one secret moveset that won't be out until later. :bee:

Baloo

Smash Ace
Indeed, 7 is still a lot. You're doing TAC too, huh? That means 4 out of the 7 will be done by a better set maker than me in MYM5.

:dizzy:

Baloo

Smash Ace
Lol, to bad. I had this week off. :p

And I would like to say that each and every one of Green Toad's aerial attacks are generic pickax swings.

That is, unless you have enough ???????s.

Akiak

Smash Ace
I was thinking of simplifying Kawasaki by cooking only with the Ingredient Toss (or whatever it's called). An effect for each fruit would be reasonable.

And I'm NOT including Brawl characters, as copying their movesets from Brawl is just boring. I don't know about items apart from the Smash Ball (which is included) but maybe not.

G'night!

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I still can't believe you're doing 7 of them.

4 was a pain in the butt for me the first time. Granted, they were my first 'set where I really stepped it up, in addition to being a 4-in-1, but STILL!!

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
NOT VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

I can't do all the Super Star Helpers. Sooo, I'll only do the ones I like: Burnin' Leo, Biospark, Gim, Plasma Wisp, Rocky, Parasol Waddle Dee, and TAC. So, narrowed from 20 to 7.

k tnx bai.
I do find it kinda egoistic and *ssy from you to do the characters Kibble is gonna do, as well, to be quite honest.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I do find it kinda egoistic and *ssy from you to do the characters Kibble is gonna do, as well, to be quite honest.
I, honestly, don't mind. I still have one unique Helper (Blade Knight), and I'm gonna post mine first so I won't be held accountable for anything similar between them! ^_^

Besides, I have a cool picture.

I've got a 4-in-1 (NPKE) and an 8-in-1 (the eeveelution rangers). If you haven't seen the picture of he rangers, here you go:
Yeah, I saw the image before. All I'm saying is, multi-character movesets like that are a pain in the butt. I still remember my thought process as I finished Knuckle Joe. I was totally stoked to finish him, but then realized that I had three more full characters to do before I could display what I'd "finished."

Baloo

Smash Ace
Whats' egotistical or *ssy about it? I'm doing the ones I'm doing because I like those ones, not because Kibble is doing them. I didn't know which ones he was doing until recently, and I just happen to like 3 of those 4.

In the words of hyper hopper:

spadefox. you have been a real jerk.

just shut up and stop being mean.
OK, I'm not really serious about that, but could ya stop being so nasty?

And I'm doing a 6 in 1 moveset, the Brigade.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Whats' egotistical or *ssy about it? I'm doing the ones I'm doing because I like those ones, not because Kibble is doing them. I didn't know which ones he was doing until recently, and I just happen to like 3 of those 4.
Because you also could've decided to make a 4-in-1 moveset with none of those from Kibble after knowing them?
But since Kibble doesn't mind... *shrugs* Whatever.

I still find it pretty unfair.

OK, I'm not really serious about that, but could ya stop being so nasty?
No.

Baloo

Smash Ace
And scrap the work I have on Gim, Rocky, and Wisp? I don't think so.

At last, Baloo, the last remaining newcomer to not do so, has openly said Spadefox is nasty.

And I have a cool picture too! :(

OK, it's no where near as good as yours, but still. :p

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Because you also could've decided to make a 4-in-1 moveset with none of those from Kibble after knowing them?
But since Kibble doesn't mind... *shrugs* Whatever.

I still find it pretty unfair.
I appreciate the concern, Spade, but really, it's fine.

I lol'd. This is why we (or at least I) <3 you, Spade.

You ought to put the actual Helpers you'll be using in there. That'd make it feel complete. [/$0.02]

Salvo Fenris

Smash Apprentice
OH YEAH. *Smacks self*

Mia miiiiight be finished in time for this contest, as I'll soon have a lot more free time to work on her, but it's far more likely she'll be posted in MYM5. Incidentally, how's Jenna? Or is that why you asked the question?
Well, she's going to be in MYM5, I can guarantee that. My schedule is COMPLETELY full until... late March, I think. Something tells me she won't be very good, sadly. Now that I think about it, she might be considered relatively generic... but what I'm doing kinda works (at least, for me) with how I think she should play, so we'll have to see.

I think I have more potential for uniqueness with Revan, when I make him. The Force being what it is, and me being the Star Wars geek that I am, I feel I might be able to do a bit more with his moves. Maybe. I have low expectations for myself, though.

Salvo Fenris

Smash Apprentice
Darth Revan?! You sir, will either have one of my favorite movesets EVAR, or my least favorite, depending on how you handle this set. Ewan is cool too, will his Final Smash be promotion? He could choose between Monk, Shaman, and Mage, each lasting only a short time and giving him different attacks and attributes.
Actually, I'm not sure about him, not too much is planned out. (Ewan.) I actually planned to keep him as a Pupil, so I can pull from light, dark, and anima magic. Three-times Pupil Ewan all the way.

And I'm HOPING I can do Revan justice. He's by far my favorite Star Wars character out there, though, so I have to give it a shot.

EDIT: Oops, double post. Sorry. That's what I get for getting behind and trying to reply one post at a time. XP

majora_787

Smash Hero
Okay, well...I'm leaving for my trip tonight, and won't be back until the 29th...so good luck. I hope the last movesets go well. Especially L, unless I just missed it or something.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Rly big post k

My plan as of now is to try and finish Skull Kid for MYM4 in text form, and then get the animated update done for a future contest.
Skull Kid? Animated? Awesome! I <3 Zelda Characters.

While we're talking about MYM5 plans...

Hyper_Ridley's official MYM5 roster!

Guarenteed

:bee:

I already know all of HR's roster, and he knows I'm excited to see them cause they'll be awesome. ^_^

Anyway, moveset time:

Trouble in the air? No problem for this guy!
The BAir joins the Brawl!

Aerial Attacks

Back Aerial
Well, it's a BAir... it... kinda does something. A kick or something. With some damage and priority. I dunno.

Sorry, that's a chat joke... lol
LOL WUT

What was that program someone linked to someone else who was asking for a program other than Paint to make those moveset-link button things? I think it started with a "b". Or maybe a "g".

@Kholdstare:

I hope Barbossa uses apples in his moveset.

My sets for MYM5

- Megaman.EXE (Yes, another Megaman)
- Capsule J (An old deal to Warlord still has to be fullifilled)
- Vaati (Obligatory Zelda Set)

I love how I'm doing like 20 less than everybody else.
I <3 all of those. You basically covered my favorite video game serieses.

@kholdstare: OH SH- that's ton of characters. honestly I think you could do without a few of them.

Also...... Cherabog is too big!!!!!!11111eleven :p
Yep yep. I'm scaling Chernabog down. Sakurai scaled Olimar up. I can surely do the opposite.

You have to use Combat Carl and The Big One as moves. You Must.
:bee: Of course.

Burning straight into the fray, Hothead joins the Brawl!
I lol'd heartily.

Since this seems to be the new hot thing, I'll post my list of characters outside the chat to update all of you:

Zasalamel: Awesome.
Beast Boy: Double Awesome.
Missing No.: Triple awesome. I like how the button is glitchy too.
Illidan Stormrage: OMG, I love you so much right now. I cannot express the awesome that I am experiencing.

As long as we're announcing MYM5 'sets, I have only two, both of which I intend to be movesets by which I am remembered.

The good majority of you already know that I am doing

SUPER STAR HELPERS: ULTRA

I want to release this as my first moveset for the contest. Plasma Wisp, Rocky, Blade Knight, and Gim, in a moveset that will hopefully rival the first set of Super Star Helpers in quality.

After that, I plan to work on joint movesets. I want to get a chance to work with a lot of you on movesets. I want to work with anyone who wants to work with me. Newcomers and old-timers alike.

However, I intend to end my time in MYM5 with one last individual moveset... A concept that those of you who've been around for a while may remember being toyed with:

This guy (who my artistic abilities so artisticly have leaning against a random brick-like wall), he represents MYM. The users, the memes, the everything. I can only hope to do him justice.

PS: I'm allowed to use big pictures to tell my plans, because I haven't made buttons yet, because I'm Sandbag Supreme in this contest, and because I only have two movesets.
:bee::bee::bee:

:p

While we're announcing future plans, I might as well post my updated MYM5 list.

Definite:​

Cosmic Mario - Pretty much everything Super Mario Galaxy that I couldn't include in the TB.

Darkrai - Sorry, this guy will have to wait for MYM5.

Dugtrio - Yeah.

Magypsys - Oooh! ♥♥♥

Super Star Helpers - :dizzy:

Mr. Saturn- BoInG ZooM DaKoTa

Dig Dug, Pooka and Fygar - As a team, like IC, not like PT.

Duster - With BOC.
I love all of these.

Congratulations DFM, you have reached your first goal, yo're next goal is posting 1,337! For you fun lovers, read this, as it won't hurt your soul!

MYM Coversation, BALOO MADE ME DO THIS
Lulz were had.

NOT VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

I can't do all the Super Star Helpers. Sooo, I'll only do the ones I like: Burnin' Leo, Biospark, Gim, Plasma Wisp, Rocky, Parasol Waddle Dee, and TAC. So, narrowed from 20 to 7.

k tnx bai.
Good, you couldn't handle that workload anyway.

My opinions in bold.
Kthx

I'm back with a 3rd moveset, I decided to do Ryuk from Death Note. Believe it or not, only one of his moves (his final smash) involve him writing in the book itself!

Shinigami Ryuk joins the Brawl!
Good moveset at a skim.

Yay! Death Note characters!

That Ryuk moveset looks really cool (though it could use a bit more detail, but that's just me.) I really like most of the moves! However for the down smash....what happens if you charge the move up? Or does charging do anything at all? You might want to explain that a bit. Otherwise, really great job man!

EDIT: Since some people are talking about MYM 5, here are my plans:

I MIGHT cancel Xianghua, Giacomo and Toshiro, but the others are pretty much guaranteed. I'm also making an original character moveset named "TWILTHERO" but...too lazy to make icon. I'll try and make it later. I also might make 2 surprise movesets as well...but that's well you know, a surprise :bee:
Awesome, pure awesome. Especially Umbreon, Joey, and Near.

And scrap the work I have on Gim, Rocky, and Wisp? I don't think so.

At last, Baloo, the last remaining newcomer to not do so, has openly said Spadefox is nasty.

Generously made by myself :p

Baloo

Smash Ace
I knew you would like the Duster set. There is a ridiculously small chance of a Claus moveset, but don't count on it.

Yes, made by you. I'll add in sprites of Plasma Wisp, Gim, Biospark, Rocky, Burnin' Leo, TAC, and Parasol Waddle Dee, but I'll give you credit for the picture (and the idea, actually) in the moveset.

The Trophy Master

Smash Journeyman
*Sends Sundance an orange elephant on Chirstmas, a
Here are most of my planned movesets for MYM5, plus the others on which there isn't Sig Icons yet, all credit for those go to SirKibble, beside for the Dr. Mario one, done by King K. Rool.

Sub-Zero

Birdon

Kingler

Dr. Mario

Cell

Primid

Bowser Minions ( Wiggler, Shy Guy, Boo and Cheep Cheep )

The Trophy Master ( OC )

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I'm looking forward to your movesets Trophy Master.

But......

I am also making Kingler, and I may have been working on him for the past 2 weeks, and he may be the reason Ripper Roo wont be until MYM5.

It's good to know that Twilty is making one of Eevee's Gen II evolutions. Can't have a MYM without Umbreon or Espeon :laugh:.
Looking forward to your movesets though, especially Joey and Edward.

The Trophy Master

Smash Journeyman
I'm looking forward to your movesets Trophy Master.

But......

I am also making Kingler, and I may have been working on him for the past 2 weeks, and he may be the reason Ripper Roo wont be until MYM5.

It's good to know that Twilty is making one of Eevee's Gen II evolutions. Can't have a MYM without Umbreon or Espeon :laugh:.
Looking forward to your movesets though, especially Joey and Edward.
Oh. Shall change it to Tentacruel then! :)

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Oh. Shall change it to Tentacruel then! :)
No no, feel free to make Kingler :bee:.
You'll do a better job than me anyway.

My Kingler set will involve a lot of 1st gen water types, so it will technically be a multi-character including at least Dewgong, Seadra, Tentacruel (who I had also announced a while back) and Cloyster. It's just that Kingler will be the one you physically control, and who the main movement revolves around. Tentacruel will be for throws, Seadra for aerials, Cloyster for smashes, Dewgong for tilts, and Kingler for specials.
Unless yours is going to include all these, make Kingler :)

I feel awful now, stealing someones moveset idea.

The Trophy Master

Smash Journeyman
No no, feel free to make Kingler :bee:.
You'll do a better job than me anyway.

My Kingler set will involve a lot of 1st gen water types, so it will technically be a multi-character including at least Dewgong, Seadra, Tentacruel (who I had also announced a while back) and Cloyster. It's just that Kingler will be the one you physically control, and who the main movement revolves around. Tentacruel will be for throws, Seadra for aerials, Cloyster for smashes, Dewgong for tilts, and Kingler for specials.
Unless yours is going to include all these, make Kingler :)

I feel awful now, stealing someones moveset idea.

Oh, so it's ok! Kingler shall be done by me, and the 1st Generation Water Types by you! :bee: Mine will be a Kingler only movesets, Kingler FTW!

Don't worry, it's ok. And also, I should feel awful, I announced the same set as yours. :p

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Oh, so it's ok! Kingler shall be done by me, and the 1st Generation Water Types by you! :bee: Mine will be a Kingler only movesets, Kingler FTW!

Don't worry, it's ok. And also, I should feel awful, I announced the same set as yours. :p
I would have made a Kingler only moveset, but I would have ended up using too many claw swipes/ grips, so I decided to add more to it. It would look awkward fighting though, seeing as crabs can only sidestep. It'd be facing the screen all the time :laugh:.

The Trophy Master

Smash Journeyman
I would have made a Kingler only moveset, but I would have ended up using too many claw swipes/ grips, so I decided to add more to it. It would look awkward fighting though, seeing as crabs can only sidestep. It'd be facing the screen all the time :laugh:.

I just a thought of an idea with which you'll see which side he's looking at because yes, he'll be walking sides. I won't put too much claw attacks either!

Twilight-Emblem

Smash Apprentice
@Kibble and MYM Man: Well, that should be interesting

@TWILTY and Joey: Joey from the actual series, or Abridged Series Joey?

@Akiak and his 1337 Game Skillz: Crono could fit, and sprite sheets for him are pretty easy to find. I'm probably going to alter Black Mage heavily when I have time so don't include him yet if you were going to

Well, I have nothing important to contribute so here's my list of characters to do:

Almost Certainly-
  • Yugi Moto (Yu-gi-oh: The Abridged Series)
  • Bowser's Minions (Various Mario Games)
  • Dry Bones (Same as above)
  • FMAn (MYM Chat)
  • Primid (SSB)
  • Tom Nook (Animal Crossing)
  • X-Naut (Paper Mario: TTYD)
Possible:
  • Magus (Crono Trigger)
  • Aryll (LOZ: Wind Waker)
  • DUMMY (Car commercials, video games, and clothing stores worldwide)

Yeah, that last one has the least chance of being made, but yeah, it will be epic if it is.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I just a thought of an idea with which you'll see which side he's looking at because yes, he'll be walking sides. I won't put too much claw attacks either!
I was thinking of having Kingler deal more damage with his attacks (possibly specials) when facing left, due to his left claw being larger.
I will probably give him claw attacks, which will consist of=
- Vicegrip
- Metal Claw
- Guillotine
- Crab Hammer

I love Pokemon sets :laugh:

@Twilight Emblem= Will the DUMMY be an Incredible Crash Dummy, such as Slick or Spin, or just a generic test dummy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom