• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
@Kibble: Could I request a list of what movesets are on what pages on the first post like in MYM3.0? There's a whole lot more talking going on (not that that's a bad thing) which is taking up a lot of space. I know there's a bunch of pages in a row without movesets on them. At the rate that this thread is progressing, people who aren't constantly monitoring it are going to get bogged down and not want to go find stuff. We don't want to alienate people from the discussion. Plus, it will make it easier to find all of the movesets at the end of the contest.
The consensus is that a list like that will add unnecessary clutter to the front page. It still, exists, though, and goes beyond just giving page number; it gives you the links themselves. It's part of The Stadium, the MYM homepage, more or less. More specifically:

http://chiefmendez.wordpress.com/movesets/

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Holy crap @ Megaman. . .

17 codecs. . .? Was that really necessary? Just skimming it, how would he be balanced with such limited options for moves, and does he really need THAT many final smashes?!? Holy crap! You make Donna look short! It better be unique and somehow balanced when I go back and fully read the thing to warrant all that detail despite having so few button imputs. . .

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Really? ****. I searched 'Fone Bone,' but nothing turned up. :(
That's okay, though, you can still make the 'set. Multiples are allowed, as long as they aren't blatantly similar.

Holy crap @ Megaman. . .

17 codecs. . .? Was that really necessary? Just skimming it, how would he be balanced with such limited options for moves, and does he really need THAT many final smashes?!? Holy crap! You make Donna look short! It better be unique and somehow balanced when I go back and fully read the thing to warrant all that detail despite having so few button imputs. . .
It's so good that it compelled me to go out and buy Mega Man, which I haven't played for ages. Balance, on the other hand...

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Edit: And nice Toon Link too! He's the one Brawler that is always redone, but this one is my fav so far.
WHAT TOON LINK? THERE'S NO TOON LINK TO BE SEEN.

I was adding in the BBC for what I have right now and accidentally hit 'sumbit reply' instead of 'preview post'

=_=

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
♥Ohhhh.. I can't wait to submit my entry! ^__^

♥I'm working really hard on it!;)

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Blarg. The full thing should be posted tonight. The only reason I didn't keep it up is because I didn't have the range put in, no extras, and it didn't look as pretty as I wanted it too.

But yeah, expect it in about 1~2 hours.

Junahu

Smash Ace
It's so good that it compelled me to go out and buy Mega Man, which I haven't played for ages.
That makes me so happy. I'm glad my moveset had such an impact.

I was actually tempted, half way through making this, to include a Megaman2:Megaman clone. Crash Bomb and Time Stopper are weapons I really wanted to include in the moveset somehow.

@Joker Moveset: There's no such thing as "pressing B lightely"

Edit: What the.. Oh you tease! I wasn't done reading it!

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Holy crap Megaman is .... wow.

He's getting a vote from me... but I don't think I'll be super voting him. Its kind of unfair to make that many codecs and that many Final Smashes.

Lol @Warlord having 4 already...

I hope your planning on making more, or else you may end up bored.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Question, how do I get one of my movesets reviewed by one of the judges? I want to see what I need to improve on for that movset and other movesets.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
@Megaman: Looks awesome from what i'm reading so far, but IMO, there is TOO much color. Also, the fact i can't find anything labelled like, "Neutral Aerial," or "Forward smash," kinda got confusing for me. Otherwise it's great, but could use a bit more explaining IMO (i don't mean add more detail, i just don't quite follow with the moveset sometimes.)

Now to finish Ilyana. I'll finish her probably on Tuesday.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Also, the fact i can't find anything labelled like, "Neutral Aerial," or "Forward smash," kinda got confusing for me. Otherwise it's great, but could use a bit more explaining IMO (i don't mean add more detail, i just don't quite follow with the moveset sometimes.)
I'm thinking you might have missed this part, TWIL:

Actually controlling Megaman is simplicity itself. You can;
run left or right (Left or Right)
jump (Jump)
slide (Down+A)
shoot (A)
switch weapons (B, Up-B, Down-B, Left-B, Right-B).
Activate shield (R)
Spot Dodge (Down+R on ground)
Roll (Left or Right+R on ground)

Megaman cannot do anything else, so he lacks many manouvers that other brawlers take for granted. He is also incapable of brandishing items like the Beam Sword or Golden Hammer.

Don't fret! Megaman has gotten out of tougher scrapes. So long as he has his megabuster and something to fight for, he will never give up!
So he doesn't have any Smashes, Tilts, Aerials, or Throws. Or anything else that most characters have, really.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
I'm thinking you might have missed this part, TWIL:

So he doesn't have any Smashes, Tilts, Aerials, or Throws. Or anything else that most characters have, really.
Yeah, that's what i what i just recently found after actually reading it lol. It's just when i just skimmed through, i was really confused. Also, i'm a blind kid. LULZ.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Hey...wait. I just thought of something--if MM9:MM doesn't have those pre-requisites, then is it even considered a moveset? Granted, special mechanics are one thing, but this isn't even really a Smash Bros. character anymore--it's literally Mega Man from Mega Man 9, only with a button that controls weapon changes in real time and the ability to do two evasive maneuvers.

...honestly I don't even know what to think. Should the "moveset" even be allowed in this contest? At the very least it's going against the rules of the moveset list on The Stadium...

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Hey...wait. I just thought of something--if MM9:MM doesn't have those pre-requisites, then is it even considered a moveset? Granted, special mechanics are one thing, but this isn't even really a Smash Bros. character anymore--it's literally Mega Man from Mega Man 9, only with a button that controls weapon changes in real time and the ability to do two evasive maneuvers.

...honestly I don't even know what to think. Should the "moveset" even be allowed in this contest? At the very least it's going against the rules of the moveset list on The Stadium...
That's... kinda a good point. However, I think the fact that he's been implemented as a Smash character - complete with features like Snake Codec(s) and Final Smash(es) - with a specific playstyle and fitting into the physics of the game is enough to justify him being called a moveset. At least, I certainly hope so.

IvoryFlame

Smash Journeyman
MM9=winzors!

Oh, and Joker and Johnathan/Charlotte are heavily anticipated! greta work everyone!

In other news, I've finally chosen a title for my SSE:

TIME CRASH

It will involve time travel, both Megaman's, and Trunks. As for the rest...

STAY TUNED! Same IvoryTime, same IvoryChannel!

pensfan728

Smash Apprentice
Wow. I can't remember what the exact name of the newest megaman is, and i'm too lazy to look, so i'll just say Junahu's megaman. Anyway, it's amazing. I don't care if it's broken, or underpowered, or not even a moveset, that is now my favorite moveset entry in this entire contest, simply because that's the most unique thing i have ever seen.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
TIME CRASH

It will involve time travel, both Megaman's, and Trunks. As for the rest...

STAY TUNED! Same IvoryTime, same IvoryChannel!
:D

Congratulations. You are now officially cool.

Anyway, I have the whole concept for Ilyana's moveset done in my head. After i finish her moveset on Monday the earliest, or Wednesday the latest, i'll either get to work on sand boy, or bad*ss puppet. Guess who they are in my sigg lol. Then when my third moveset is finished, i'll start working on my SSE.

Junahu

Smash Ace
I won't be upset in the slightest if the moveset ends up disqualified. I knew this might happen before I even started making it, and I did it anyway.

Seeing people liking my moveset is the only reward I need or want.

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
You did a great job, Junahu. Probably the best moveset yet. Incredibly detailed (I still haven't finished it), but I do have to question its...place in Smash Brothers. You've made it work in the universe, but just doesn't seem like it would. If that makes any set.

But regardless, AWESOME job. I tip my hat to you, good sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom