• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agi

Smash Lord
I suppose this is as good a time as any for my 666 post...

Quick news: My computer is officially dead. N and the CSS are postponed until it is replaced, hopefully sometime in the next month.

And... 90 new pages?!!? This thread is already longer than MYM 1.0, which lasted (5? 6?) months!

Superstar Helpers have been completed? I'm reading that first thing.

Finally, LOLworthy moment of my day: Seeing that MW still didn't get his first post for the Joker, and gave up. *insert LOLcat image here*

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
The icons are mostly made by me, although SirKibble and Spadefox can take requests also. Cruxiph makes his own, they're a bit different from everyone else's.

Just so everyone knows.

Also, MYM 2 movesets CAN be remade. MYM 3 can't unless they're completely and totally different. At most, one or two attacks can be copied over.
Hi KingK.Rool

Thank you for telling me about the icons. Maybe some time I might request you for one. You do them very good.

I'd like some clarification about the last sentence.

So for MYM 2 you CAN remake it, and it is OK to have only like let's say 50% of the moves be the same. Is that true?

But for MYM 3, it cannot be made unless it is totally different, and at most one attack can be copied over.

Can you clarify this? I got confused with the last sentence whether you meant that you can remake a MYM 2.0 moveset but you have to make it completely different, or you can remake the MYM 2.0 moveset with only like 50% of the moves being different.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Hi KingK.Rool

Thank you for telling me about the icons. Maybe some time I might request you for one. You do them very good.

I'd like some clarification about the last sentence.

So for MYM 2 you CAN remake it, and it is OK to have only like let's say 50% of the moves be the same. Is that true?

But for MYM 3, it cannot be made unless it is totally different, and at most one attack can be copied over.

Can you clarify this? I got confused with the last sentence whether you meant that you can remake a MYM 2.0 moveset but you have to make it completely different, or you can remake the MYM 2.0 moveset with only like 50% of the moves being different.
Thanks.

True to the first, true to the second. MYM 2.0 movesets are mostly considered too weak to be noticed at the level we've gotten to since then, so you could pretty much copy over the whole moveset, although I wouldn't expect it to get very far.

For MYM 3.0, we're pretty much disallowing remakes. You can do the same character only if you change pretty much every attack.

That clear it up?

Panda: I'll wait to see what Gryx doesn't do, and take care of that sometime tomorrow.

Edit: Thanks, Tanookie! He's gotten a bit less attention that the rest of my movesets did when I posted them, so I was starting to think I did something wrong. Glad to see that isn't the case.

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
DUUDE! A GENESIS MOVESET! I GOTTA SEE THAT!
lol He's the best!!!

/spam

lol sorry

Anyways...

Side Special:
Genesis’ Hope (5%-10% per star, 3%-8% at 70%, 1%-5% at 110%)

Genesis was once Zack’s enemy, but now apparently friend, just before he seemingly died. He had many hopes in his life, but couldn’t achieve many.
Zack will pull his sword forward, as it glows red, and stars will come out according to the charge. Zack is free to move once all the stars are shot.
In this chargeable (3 seconds full charge) attack, Zack will send out one red star, about the size of a half charged Aura Sphere at 0%, per second charge, but four stars will be sent out at full charge, but there is great knockback in each star at full charge, opposing the low knockback at one star uncharged. The size of the star does not change
The stars are round, like the Team Healer, and swerve up and down slowly, giving them slightly more range.
One special thing to note, is that the stars are very fast, but at 70%, they degrade to 3%-8% each with a slow firing rate, and at 110%, they become even weaker and slower. It's just something to watch out for.

Baloo

Smash Ace
Pac-Mans Smashes are done! I probably won't finish anything else, but expect more tomorrow!

half_silver28

Smash Ace
Pac-Mans Smashes are done! I probably won't finish anything else, but expect more tomorrow!
ur moveset looks great, but I'd suggest organizing it better. It'd make more sense to put pictures at the beginning of the moveset, and to put the normal attacks directly before or after the specials. Just a picky thing, but I think people would find ur moveset much easier to read :)

... yay constructive criticism!!!!! :bee:

@kibble: holy sh-- .... that moveset's freaking huge. Looks good from a skim, but I don't know if I'll ever be able to read the whole thing :psycho:

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
I would use Bugzzy and ONLY Bugzzy. Not that the other ones aren't totally groovy, but I do so love to throw the crap out of people.

I may have missed it, but does Bugzzy gain any super armor frames during any of his grab attacks? Most characters with special grabs in Brawl do, and they're fun to abuse.

Suffice it to say, Bugzzy would be my first choice on who to play as if MYM 4's roster was in the next Smash.

Shortly followed afterwards by Steampunk Lincoln. LINCOLN PAWNCH!!! (Soot, smokestacks, and the Gettysburg Address are probably involved.)

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
Shortly followed afterwards by Steampunk Lincoln. LINCOLN PAWNCH!!! (Soot, smokestacks, and the Gettysburg Address are probably involved.)
You know that reminds me. Someone should make a moveset of the main character from the game Fallout 3. That would be cool, one of his special ones he uses could be that he uses Lincoln's Winchester .44 rifle. In Fallout 3, you could steal Lincoln's gun from the Abe Lincoln memorial and it's pretty powerful too. That, and his final smash would be some guy in a trench coat and a funny looking hat comes out of no where and shoots you with a .44 Magnum upside the head then disappears.

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
Heh, thanks, just know that I WAS going to fix a lot of it but since I'd have to revamp the whole thing I am unable to do so, so it isn't in its prime...
Aww man. The degradation thing was cool.
I was thinking about submitting an OC after Zack Fair, but for all I know it might end up into a Genesis look-alike now that you reminded me of the dude :p

Okay, Kibbles moveset is huge.
Is there a force change like with PT? Or can you just stick with one?
I dun wanna dig through that pile of pyrite gold.

(im kidding)

Btw, im wondering of what ppl think of Zack's side special.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Epic moveset Kibble, that's been one of the biggest ones I've been looking forward to. I've never seen a multiple character moveset where all of the movesets actually were quality on their own, and that's certainly the case here. I LOVE Bugzzy, his mass throws mechanic is pure gold. It really is saying something when you have unique mechanics for multiple individual characters in a multiple character moveset. . .The amount of time that went into perfect that beauty must of been staggering.

Now that I'm done worshipping your greatness. . .

I FOUND MY BRAWL DISK! WOO!

Guess where it was?

Under the Mario Kart disc in the guess. . .Wii cases can close with multiple game discs in them. . .

I haven't been here due to having to get re-aquianted with Brawl over the month+ I've gone without it.

And I'm now much better with Wario for whatever reason.

Moving on. . .Due to that, I didn't get up my review in my main slot of free time, so it's gotta be tough, but I'll work on my review for today in what time I can. Hopefully Ashencroft should be up today, then Jafar tomorrow?

Maybe we can do some Brawls tomorrow? Whadda all say?

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Epic moveset Kibble, that's been one of the biggest ones I've been looking forward to. I've never seen a multiple character moveset where all of the movesets actually were quality on their own, and that's certainly the case here. I LOVE Bugzzy, his mass throws mechanic is pure gold. It really is saying something when you have unique mechanics for multiple individual characters in a multiple character moveset. . .The amount of time that went into perfect that beauty must of been staggering.

I FOUND MY BRAWL DISK! WOO!

Guess where it was?

Under the Mario Kart disc in the guess. . .Wii cases can close with multiple game discs in them. . .

I haven't been here due to having to get re-aquianted with Brawl over the month+ I've gone without it.

And I'm now much better with Wario for whatever reason.

Moving on. . .Due to that, I didn't get up my review in my main slot of free time, so it's gotta be tough, but I'll work on my review for today in what time I can. Hopefully Ashencroft should be up today, then Jafar tomorrow?

Maybe we can do some Brawls tomorrow? Whadda all say?
The Third Agers? :urg:

Well, The Sandbags moveset should be great for every character. I think K. Rool may end up with the coolest moveset though (seriously a cannon you can set up on the stage has so many possibilities.) Not to say that the rest of the Sandbags won't be great. I'm used to designing weapon based movesets, so MW and Chris will turn out well. Mendez will probably use a shotgun or something (and I am seriously tempted to add in MENDEZ PUNCH!) I'm probably going to give SirKibble double boomerangs and find a way to make them much different from Link's.

Lol I can see how it would get lost under a Mario Kart disc... I never play my Mario Kart Wii anymore.

Looking forward to the Ashencroft review.... I want to see what you can nitpick in that beauty. :)

The_Great_Panda

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, if you say so, thanks again you really did do a great job, they just seem to fit well together to me...It's funny you know, I got looking at Vent again and remembered just how much I really liked that moveset, and how much I could really fix it too...

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Cool Moveset Kibble.

I'm guessing Proto Man is next?
You're guessing right.

I'm so looking forward to making a character I can post as soon as he's done. :laugh:

Almost forgot to acknowledge Kibble's set. Sorry about that Kibble.

The thing is a tower of text that could give The Third Agers a run for their money. I don't want to be in charge of reviewing it.

Good job.
Thankee. I really didn't mean to make this thing so long. Just kind of happens when you're writing moves for four characters. Lol.

Well... pretty much, yeah. They're not all going to be up at once - I'll be reviewing Scizor sometime soon, too - but yeah, I really can't fit in everything I want to talk about in a single review.
Excellent. I'm entirely cool with you doing them separate. Honestly, I'd prefer it.

Anyone who hasn't already want to comment on Jafar? Kibble, that means YOU.
Sorry about that. I was preoccupied.

Jafar is awesome, though! I really liked how well his moveset fit him, and the Final Smash was just too awesome.

@SirKibble

Great moveset. It is top quality AAA class.

Sakurai should have put this moveset in Brawl or SSB4, it would fit him too because he likes Kirby and all.
Thanks. :)

But I do have some issues with the moveset.
*braces*

I've been waiting for this. :)

I don't think it is good to have Down B be both an attack and switching. I think it should just be switching, so it is standardized with Pokemon Trainer and Zelda/Shiek. Those two cannot perform an attack wth their switch. As far as ZSS, she can only take off her suit and she could use the suit pieces to throw at people but she cannot go back into her suit again for the match until she gets a smash ball, and another thing is that another person can grab the pieces and use her own suit against her.
The part of the weakness of switch characters like Pokemon Trainer and Zelda is that if you do it in battle, it should leave you vulnerable. Having the attack happen at that time nullifys that weakness, where the opponent should be waiting with a fully charged FSmash if you switch.
See, that's the biggest issue I have with the multi-character movesets already in Smash. If there's one thing I could change about Pokemon Trainer, it wouldn't be forced switching or fatigue... It'd be how vulnerable you are when you switch.

Bugzzy also looks too unbalanced. A character who grabs a lot? That makes shielding almost useless in most cases. Is that the point? How are you supposed to fight a character whom you cant shield for so many attacks? I also think the human shield seems too over powered, like in a 2 vs 1 match you might hit your partner. And if you don't hit him, he throws the character and it does damage. There has to be some weakness to it. Maybe you should be able to grab a Bugzzy who grabbed your partner and free your partner for no damage, then put Bugzzy in a shieldbreak animation for a small amount of time. That, and also you should be able to hit Bugzzy's back which is not the side he is holding your partner in and damage him.
Well, granted, he's gonna rip you to shreds if you're a heavy shielder. You always have options like dodging, though. Also, he's slow, so it's not impossible to stay out of his way. Finally, note that unlike a lot of characters with grab attacks, Bugzzy doesn't get Super Armor all the time, so you could just hit him as he comes to grab you, and you're good.

As far as the Shield Throw, you could grab Bugzzy during it, which would release the other player, though it wouldn't make him dizzy. But with such a grab-based character, I don't plan on weakening his grabs any.

I would use Bugzzy and ONLY Bugzzy. Not that the other ones aren't totally groovy, but I do so love to throw the crap out of people.

I may have missed it, but does Bugzzy gain any super armor frames during any of his grab attacks? Most characters with special grabs in Brawl do, and they're fun to abuse.

Suffice it to say, Bugzzy would be my first choice on who to play as if MYM 4's roster was in the next Smash.
Lol. Seems Bugzzy's getting the most attention here.

As I said in the above reply, Bugzzy doesn't really get anything as far as Super Armor goes, mainly to keep him balanced. He's still got plenty of ways and means, though, so it's not like it'd be impossible to grab.

Okay, Kibbles moveset is huge.
Is there a force change like with PT? Or can you just stick with one?
I dun wanna dig through that pile of pyrite gold.

(im kidding)
No force change. If you get KOed, you come back as the same character. :)

More Bugzzy love!! Yay!!

I have the Warlord stamp of approval!! Yay!!

Glad you liked the mechanic! Your SSE making him use throws to solve puzzles helped me come up with a few good throws there, like the Special Throw and the Jump Throw, so give yourself a little credit for that! :p

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
OMG HUGE POST!
For a second I thought you were gonna post another moveset.

Who's a good person I can ask for a OC Picture?

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Lol, no. Just replying. ;)

My next moveset will probably be about a fourth of SSH length. Three guesses why. :rolleyes:

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
NOT Chief Mendez as he's so busy. :bee:

You could ask Junahu, maybe he'll whip you up something. ^-^

Also, I pass by to announce the completion of Jonathan & Charlotte. Extras are complete, Stage is complete, Assist Trophy is.
I still have to add a few more attacks to Brauner and maybe some Trophies. Oh, and the BBCode, although that's already mostly done! Yay.

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
@Spade: So it's finished but another thing isn't finished? HMMM!?!?!?

@Kibble: Idk,

1st. Considering SSH was 4 full movesets and Proto Man is only one person!?!? (Gasp)
2nd. You dun wanna spend a thousand hours making it perfect.
3rd. - Insert Right Answer Here If Others Were Wrong -

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Excellent. I'm entirely cool with you doing them separate. Honestly, I'd prefer it.

Jafar is awesome, though! I really liked how well his moveset fit him, and the Final Smash was just too awesome.
Oh, just you wait. These reviews are each going to be huge. I'm breaking it up attack by attack. You'll certainly be given a lot to think about. :p

And I'm glad you liked him. In spite of everything, it's my favourite moveset that I've done so far. And I think I'll be sticking to this new kind of organization.

...In fact, guys, I'm afraid to say I might be cancelling Orca. This doesn't mean he'll never be finished, but I think I'll save him for MYM 5. I'm realizing that I don't want to go too far over the six character saturation point, and I'm running out of slots quite rapidly (Zant is a given and the Pied Piper is very likely). More thought is required, but... yeah.

This is most relevant to Hyper_Ridley and maybe Warlord, as I believe they were going to use him in their SSE's. He might still get done later in the contest, but then... maybe not.

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
I just noticed something:

Dr. Cid
Dr. Robotnik
Dr. Neo Cortex
Dr. Wily

How SSE worthy are these four? It's too good. All in 4.0.

:wolf: I'm gonna have fun with this thang...

SirKibble

Smash Champion
@Kibble: Idk,

1st. Considering SSH was 4 full movesets and Proto Man is only one person!?!? (Gasp)
2nd. You dun wanna spend a thousand hours making it perfect.
3rd. - Insert Right Answer Here If Others Were Wrong -
All three answers are CORRECT!!

*ding ding ding*

Here's your prize!!

Oh, just you wait. These reviews are each going to be huge. I'm breaking it up attack by attack. You'll certainly be given a lot to think about. :p
Oh, now I'm excited. Move by move is how I went through it, giving almost all of them special attention, so having it reviewed similarly will be AWESOME!! :bee:

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
ITS OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that I got... 30+ characters on the place...

Crux: Are all four antagonists? If so, make them supporting villians or something.
Or make them the protagonists and make an Anti-Hero SSE

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
ITS OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that I got... 30+ characters on the place...

Crux: Are all four antagonists? If so, make them supporting villians or something.
Or make them the protagonists and make an Anti-Hero SSE
Yep. My story includes darkness and machinery

My scientists are

Cortex
Robotnik
Wily
Cid

The ones that support darkness are:

Black Doom
Spawn
Jafar
Dimentio

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
Awesome, can't wait for it to be done.

Off Topic:

How often do you visit this place?
You have like... around 300 posts already @_@

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as
My... Head... Hurts... So... Badly.... Can't... Read... Kib's... Moveset...! Ouch....

Anyway, I ask this question before and I Expect an answer (but seriously, I do have a headache):

I Think That I should only review newcomers movesets, because we are a community that is waiting for new people to participate and wanting of the respect of regulars in MYM, which I can do. However, I do want others opinion on this, so should I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom