• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move! Super Smash Boards Brawl - And the winners are...

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Bwaha, managed to finish updating Chell before I had to log off. I gave her more info on some attacks, music, victory poses, added the newly-invented-Creator's-Notes-thing-a-majigger, and included a Portal Combo Section, explaining some possible combos and techniques Chell can use involving Portals. Link:

http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=3938949&postcount=814

On that note, I'd like to extend an invitation to the creative people here to try to make up some combos using Chell's portals and its mechanics. I'll then add your combo to the list, and give credit where it's due. No prize if you do though. :p Just though it'd be fun.

Apdat

Smash Cadet
Is there no way my Crash Bandicoot character can make it into the candidates now?
I have changed the moveset so it is complete + added a taunt.

:034:

Smash Hero
1. Anonymous
2. Chell
3. Hiro
4. MegaMan X
5. Buddy
6. Flygon
7. King Leonidas
8. Roronoa Zoro
9. Sam Fisher
10. Scrooge McDuck (SUPER VOTE)

Scrooge McDuck is the best ever. That first. Now, this moveset has everything the old Scrooge has achieved in his lifetime, hardly anything was made up for this! Not to mention it references to his entire lifetime and has pictures to show off everything. A lot of time and passion went into this, one of the greatest characters and movesets in this thread.

11. Roy Mustang
12. Bill Brasky
13. Bass
14. Yoda
15. Chtulhu
16. Yagami Light
17. Phantom of the Opera
18. Billy Hatcher
19. Furret
20. Haruhi
21. Ike
22. Aves
23. Cena
24. Elza
25. Fawriel
25. Mask Link
26. Polaris
27. Sindel
28. Friedrich Nietzsche
29. Genghis Kahn
30. Odysseus
31. Ludwig van Beethoven
32. AVGN
33. BoBoBo
34. Al Gore
35. Warner Brothers
36. CD-i Link
37. Bill Cosby & Squirtle
38. Cursor
39. Firefox
40. King Ganonidas Boss
41. Landmaster
42. Movie Mario
43. Metapod & Kakuna
44. Motoko Kusanagi
45. Viki
46. Tori

If you can vote for your own creations...

47. Flying Dutchman
48. Arceus
49. Feraligatr
50. Anthony Kiedis

VOTE ARCEUS IF YOU <3 OVERPOWER CHARACTERS

EDIT: lulz with that editz

Fawriel

Smash Master
VOTEY TIME
You are a role model to us all. *draws his hat*

Updated Mask Link ( http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=3917464&postcount=747 ) and Cursor (http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=3926481&postcount=776 ) with:

- better descriptions for some moves
- victory poses
- music
- a "detailed" picture of each stage (*cough*horriblydrawn*cough*)
-a "Creator's Notes" feature after each type of move in which I give advice on how useful a move is/ how to use it
-added info I included in newer characters which I did not add
-and added a Kirby form for each character

I also changed changed Zora Link's Up-B. Fawriel, I tried thinking of ways to incorporate your "swimming in mid-air" gimmick, but this was the most I could do. It would just seem really weird if he was constantly hovering without any means too support himself (the Cursor is an exception, lol) Plus that's mean I'd have to re-write the entire moveset, which would not only take a lot of work that I'd rather spend on other charcters, but it would almost be like I was submitting a new charcter altogether, which wouldn't be very fair, considering it's past the deadline...

I shall do the same with my other 2 character when I have the time.(should be done by tomorrow, doubt that I'll finish tonight) After that, I'll get started on my list of votes.

( And thanks for voting for my characters, guys. ^_^)
Hmm, I really just meant to suggest that you could give him aerial moves that make him look like he's swimming in the air, a bit like I once made a Gardevoir moveset with some aerial moves that made her do wide loops through the air...
But darn, this moveset has become pretty good. Or did I just not notice it the last time? I'll definitely vote for it, and I wouldn't be opposed to awarding it a !, either...

I vote for S0crat3s!
How noble of you!

I'm not quite sure who to vote for yet, mostly because I'm still working on my moveset.
And it looks like I'm not going to finish it, due to the complete expenditure of viable franchises with effective final/secret bosses. If someone could offer me an idea I would be truly grateful. This if for ?????, a tentative appellation, who I believe to be my best work yet. (albeit not completely "original")
I suppose you could say that I'm taking requests for representation.
Hmmm... it would be much easier if you didn't restrict yourself to video games that have appeared on Nintendo consoles. If you do want to pull this off, I suggest browsing through galleries of classic games to come across ones that wouldn't normally cross your mind, like, say, Battle Toads.
And it probably wouldn't hurt to reuse a source twice or even thrice, as long as you mix it up enough.

Is there no way my Crash Bandicoot character can make it into the candidates now?
I have changed the moveset so it is complete + added a taunt.
I'm sorry... the deadline is over. I can't make any exceptions. =/

Kips

Smash Ace
Votes:

1. Viki: No offense, but I worked endlessly on this one. It includes nearly everything the game could want, from A's to Z's (literally, on the buttons!) and is simply, I feel, one whopper of a post.

2. Anonymous (SUPER VOTE):
Anonymous deserves a Super Vote in my opinion because of his creative moveset. It is relevant to events that occurred due to his awesomeness and simply is just too good to pass up. Overall he is an excellent addition and practically family. Innovation combined with power to make him amazing. I especially liked his Sticky move, which I found both practical and awesome, and loved his A+A+A combo. He's just plain awesome, and the Sakurai writing style made me laugh.

3. King Ganonidas Boss: He's just too plain awesome.

4. Cthulhu: Who can't vote for the King of Horror (And tentacle ****.)?

5. Rythe: It's everything I ever wanted; Scizor with swords instead of ******** crab-hands. Way to screw up what would have been awesome Nintendo, but Rythe corrects that error (And slices it in half.).

6. Haruhi: So adorable and deadly that she deserves my 6th vote.

7. Hugo: Even though I see him as the biggest threat to Viki in the Cute section, Hugo is innovative and obviously took a long time to make. Amazing entry.

8. Luggage: I just found this way too funny to pass up.

9. Insurance Salesman: See above.

10. Cursor: I laughed when I read this, and it takes a bit to get a chuckle out of me. Good job!

I only cast ten votes but reserve my last 40 for whenever.

El_Duderino

Smash Apprentice
I'm still working my votes out, but in the meantime, I've given the Luggage a stage and some stage music.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
ugg, i have no time to vote at the moment, but shall get my votes in by the fourteenth. if for some reason i don't, then have me vote for my two characters, chaos and bass :p

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
I should have my list up soon (wednesday at latest). Also, if you guys haven't read Etheream's moveset please do. It's VERY unique and creative, as well as a interesting read.

marthanoob

Smash Journeyman
Viki gets my SUPER vote! she is by far the most creative, original, amazing, and cute character nominated. she is also the most underrated of all them too just because no one knows about a great game called suikoden. Kips spent hours of hard work on his excruciatingly long description of Viki. I applaud his dedication and passion towards Viki. Viki deserves to be on the roster.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
I think marthanoob and kips are alt accounts >_> why would someone with only 16 posts since joining in Oct go through all of that...I don't really care (at all in fact) just seems a bit suspicious.

killbeast301

Smash Lord
No one votes for Tori... :|
It's ok, nobody even notices that Viki exists. Makes me feel sort of crummy, but don't worry, Tori is definitely in my next 40 votes as long as I have the time to sort my brain out.
I'll vote for your guys' characters if you vote for Ed Elric. (noone's voting for him either);):lick:
I'll probably vote for Viki anyway; if you worked that hard it should be good. Tori, I'll have to see.

El_Duderino

Smash Apprentice
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*​

Super Votes

1) Anonymous

This moveset was just plain hilarious, not to mention both detailed and workable. The work that went into him is fairly obvious to me. The concept of a generic forum poster has been beautifully rendered here. I could easily see this guy in a game like this. One of my own criteria I have for characters in this contest is how much I'd like to see them matched up against others in the list. A four-way battle royale between Cyberjunkie, Keramon, Cursor and Anonymous would just about make my day.

2) Roy Mustang

Even if Fullmetal doesn't make the cut, I'd like to see Roy in. That's how much this moveset impressed me. The use of fire in his moves is inventive and easy to visualize, and the mechanic in place where his smashes and specials change in character if they're fully charged is one of the more interesting ideas I've seen.

3) Viki

The moveset might be a bit too wordy, but there's quality in it. The moves capture the essence of the character and exhibit great potential for an interesting fighting style (teleportation is a difficult mechanic to make interesting, but this accomplishes it with pizazz). Having read it, I can't imagine the final roster not having Viki in it.

4) Don Quixote

If I did not put a word in for Don Quixote de la Mancha, I would be remiss. As the only character submitted who primarily fights mounted he is probably one of the most interesting characters to contemplate. The PT-esque Sancho Panza throwing him items and drinking heavily is of course a major plus.

5) Angry Video Game Nerd

I have to confess I had not heard of this guy before I read this moveset. I had to watch some videos before I understood everything this moveset contained, but having done that I can see how close it sticks to the source, and the source certainly has some fight in him. There's something to be said for making a moveset that is completely and utterly faithful to an existing character while bringing its own charms to the table, and this moveset does just that.

6) Metapod & Kakuna

This character duo is a living, breathing bolas. It does not get more awesome than that. These Pokemon, in their games of origin, learn a grand total of four moves combined. With that in mind, reading this moveset was like listening to AC/DC rock out on the Hokey Pokey. I have to vote for them now. It's practically my duty.

Normal Votes

1) Bill Brasky
2) Cthulhu
3) Cyberjunkie
4) Bob Hoskins Mario
5) Buddy
6) Luggage
7) Astro Boy
8) Conan
9) Crash Bandicoot (Moon/Sun)
10) Edward Elric
11) Eye Scream
12) Retsigam
13) Cromag
14) King Leonidas
15) Scrooge McDuck
16) Yoda
17) Chaos
18) Keramon
19) Phantom of the Opera
20) Billy Hatcher
21) Furret
22) Hugo
23) Aves
24) Flygon
25) Mask Link
26) Friedrich Nietzsche
27) Genghis Khan
28) Socrates (MetaLord)
29) Odysseus
30) Fawriel
31) Ludwig van Beethoven
32) Miku
33) Bobobo
34) Warner Brothers
35) Al Gore
36) Cursor
37) Captain Crunch
38) Hyacinth Bucket
39) King Ganonidas Boss
40) Mr. Mario Paint
41) Porkman
42) Steve Ballmer
43) Etheream
44) Ike

Runners-up still to come, if I manage the energy to work on it.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I finally started my vote list! *cheers* I should have it done in a couple days. I also updated Billy Hatcher with the usual, more descrips, Creator's Notes, and Victory Poses. I've yet to add a stage, but I'll get around to that later. I've been feeling pretty uncreative lately =/....
I know how that feels... ._.

No one votes for Tori... :|
Don't worry, I might well vote for her... and if I do, she's apt to get a Super Vote... because she's definitely more deserving than a carton of Nog...
No disrespect to omega_ridley_X at all, don't get me wrong. I just always have strong opinions about the worth of characters themselves, just like in Brawl. And a carton containing an alcoholic beverage is, you know, not much of a character at all.

Seriously, people, read Tori's moveset! It's funny and actually creative!

It's ok, nobody even notices that Viki exists. Makes me feel sort of crummy, but don't worry, Tori is definitely in my next 40 votes as long as I have the time to sort my brain out.
... and again, you should remind yourself that most people won't read all characters...
If you want people to read your posts, you'll have to advertise it somehow...
I can say pretty much for sure that it doesn't help a lot to say "I added this and that to my post" because that would require people to look up the link and then search for the changes you made.
Not to mention that, from my experience, it's more important what the overall impression you get from a moveset is good. Small details probably don't have much of an effect on how people will react to it.

In the end, characters like The Nog will always get more votes than others because their very existence on the lists is eye-catching in itself, so you'll have to fight back with some monstrous eye-catchers.

Is Nog in the finals? Best character ever IMO.
Case in point.

I should have my list up soon (wednesday at latest). Also, if you guys haven't read Etheream's moveset please do. It's VERY unique and creative, as well as a interesting read.
Etheram is pretty interesting, but last time I checked the moves weren't very detailed apart from those you drew images for ( did you change the "throws his helmet forward" yet? I can't even imagine how that works for a tilt... ), but what's probably even more important is that you ought to add some backstory. That's a major help in letting a character win the audience's interest.

I think marthanoob and kips are alt accounts >_> why would someone with only 16 posts since joining in Oct go through all of that...I don't really care (at all in fact) just seems a bit suspicious.
Kips doesn't seem like the type to do that. Not to mention that that alt account would have had to sign up before his current one did.
If marthanoob just happens to be a Suikoden fan, it's only natural that he'd check out her moveset and love it...
Though I wish fewer people would make use of the freedom to vote for few characters. *points at them with pointy sticks*

I'll vote for your guys' characters if you vote for Ed Elric. (noone's voting for him either);):lick:
I'll probably vote for Viki anyway; if you worked that hard it should be good. Tori, I'll have to see.
Hmmm, I'll definitely have a good look at this moveset, too. Considering that you asked for criticism just about as much as Kips did for Viki, it must be good, right?

1. Your reviews for Viki and Anonymous are a tad too short. Sorry, regulations. D=

2. You forgot to vote for Fawriel and Ike. *winkwinknudge*

Speaking of Ike... I think I might finish him today. Or tomorrow. Or next week. It'll take some work to make him perfect, but I shall aim for today. *strikes a determined pose*

RWB

Smash Ace
Hm. Scrooge is doing fine, and Hugo isn't really in trouble. However, I fear for Chatu....

Come on....

He's basically a mafia member, but in fact an infiltrator from another land, not to mention he would add to the possible villains. And he's a Check/Shogi-mage!

And Kips... Viki is doing fine, I believe she has already scored a bunch of Supers!

:034:

Smash Hero
Added some more characters to my voting list.

Remember guys:

Funny movesets?

Original ideas?

Sakurai-speak?

You want it? It's yours, my friend, as long as you give enough votes.

Darkurai

Smash Master
I was one of the first posters in this thread and no one cares for my creation, which I spent a few hours before the deadline to get contest-ready.

This is my attempt to guilt you into voting for my character.

killbeast301

Smash Lord
Kips doesn't seem like the type to do that. Not to mention that that alt account would have had to sign up before his current one did.
If marthanoob just happens to be a Suikoden fan, it's only natural that he'd check out her moveset and love it...
Though I wish fewer people would make use of the freedom to vote for few characters. *points at them with pointy sticks*

IT COULD BE THAT, OR HE KNOWS KIPS IN REAL LIFE *SHRUG*

Hmmm, I'll definitely have a good look at this moveset, too. Considering that you asked for criticism just about as much as Kips did for Viki, it must be good, right?

WELL, IT'S NOT AS DETAILED AS SOME OF THE OTHERS ARE, BUT I TRIED TO MAKE SURE EVERYTHING COULD BE UNDERSTOOD
Sorry for the caps, but the computer I'm using now won't let me click on any of the icons to "Bold" or "color"

Kirby M.D.

Smash Journeyman
The lack of Yahtzee is disheartening...Back to the drawing board then.

Also, keep voting for Anonymous; every super vote adds +1 to my e-peen.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Just posting to either reserve space or let you guys know that my votes are coming soon.

RWB, thank you for the kind words. It brought a smile to my face to see that you enjoyed my characters. On top of that, and as Faw already said, you provided a great example of how votes (with explanations) should be done.

And with that, everyone bear in mind that I, like some others, am going to read through all of the qualified entries before I make my voting decisions. Please award me the same courtesy and at least read through my submissions before making a decision. I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks again for the votes, everyone!

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
ok, my list.

first i'll list the characters that are cool by themselves. these are pretty much just videogame characters that i would like to see clash.

1. crash bandicoot
2. Spyro
3. Megaman X
4. Bass
this character is notable for the fact that his standard special move can consist of all of his standard moves, and this character interacts depending on who he's fighiting. very well done. :p
5. Feraligater
6. Tyranitar
7. Chaos
this character was incredibly well done, i like how how his special moves and his final smash can interact and balance each other. :p
8. Flygon

now i'll cast my votes for characters that i thought were awesome.

9. Schrooge Mcduck (super vote)
when i first saw this entrance, i almost flipped. its the funniest thing i can imagine. when i was 5 i always used to watch this one TV show called duck tales where Scrooge was basically the main character. the moveset is perfect for him, i don't think i would have given a super vote if it hadn't fitted as well as it did. well done, well done.

10. Cursor (super vote)
first off, the idea by itself is already made of win. but this move set is incredible! The b moves are very original, and pertain to the cursor perfectly, his final smash is awesome, and his taunt where he clicks taunt would be the best taunt in the game. i would main this character for that taunt. i also like the stage design, this is overall a very well thought out character.

11. Yoda
i don't feel i can give this character a super vote, but he's cool nonetheless. i think his move set could have been done better, though the one he was given wasn't bad.

12. homestar runner
homestar is cool, but i didn't like the move set too much, and it over used strongbad.
13. Strong Bad (super vote)
Come on, the real main character of homestarruner.com. his move set was awesome, even though it kind of went overboard with references instead of trying to fit it into the smash universe, though it did ok. i just like the deleted punch, but my only gripe is that he should have used his laptop differently. (not a smash, a special)

14. Bill Cosby and squirtle.
try as you might, you won't find a better combination of characters. this is the ultimate WTF experience.

and now for original characters. these were good too.

15. Great Clay Monkey.
its a great clay monkey, incredibly awesome combo. i always liked claywork, so this is win material in my book.

16. Cromag
wow. just wow. its almost impossible to believe that was done on paint. but other than that, its a cool idea for a character, nice creation.

17. Comrade Canada
I could vote for this guy on his name alone. I've got quite a few Canadian friends, and this guys name is hilarious. but then i read his bio and stuff, and he's pretty cool. but i still can't get past the fact that his name is comrade canada, so he's still funny.

18. Etheream (super vote)
this character is very awesome. i feel that this might be my favorite of the original characters. i like the idea of the character by itself, and i also like the way the move set implements it. his special moves were a little confusing, but the diagram made it easy to understand them. kudos to the creator of this one.

(not original)
19. Arceus
i must have missed him on my first look through, but i like this pokemon.

also missed
20. Celebi & Mew
at first doesn't sound great, but the move set is actually very good.

Back to Originals

21. Elza
very cool character, i like pumpkin people :)

22. Pork man (super vote)
this is an awesome character, stick figures are under appreciated, (or at least i think so since they're about all i can draw) and this one has its own flare. i like the special moves, i think its cool he's getting a game made for him , and i like his background story as well. nice job.

and missed this one but...

23. Land master.
this character is hilarious. i like his taunts especially.

i would have liked to vote for phaaze, but it's not 3 star....

i might submit more votes later, but this is all for now.

and please look at bass's and chaos's move sets, they may not be very original characters, but i gave them each a significant flare, (very extravagant special moves), a stage, an assist trophy, a stage, and even subspace involvement, so check them out.

(my characters have no votes :()

RWB

Smash Ace
The unfinished ones I'm considering for a vote are Ike, Mikelo Chrors and ?????. If they could be finished soon, I'd make my list full and final, cuz then I know if they are worthy...

Ike was very incomplete, but I saw loads of potential. ?????.... Possibly a Super if the characters potential are used fully.

I'm still considering a runner up vote for Chaos...

Insurance Salesman

Smash Apprentice
From the steppes of Mongolia comes a great conquerer, bent on conquering a new land; the Smash brothers arena!

Ladies and Gentlemen, make way for...

GENGHIS KHAN!

This leader and warrior, born Temujin somewhere between 1155 and 1167 A.D., was at first an outcast along with his family when he was abandoned by his tribe after the assasination of his father by the Tatars. With his charisma and skill, however, he suceeded in bringing together the Mongolian tribes and becoming their leader by 1206! After this great feat, he went to conquer huge swathes of land in China, Korea and the Middle East with a skill and ferocity that few would ever match.

Here is a picture of his empire by the time he died in 1227 A.D.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moveset:

Stats:

These are measured on a five-star scale.

Size: *** (He isn't exactly short, but he isn't incredibly tall either.)
Speed: ***** (Speed was the main weapon of the Mongol hordes, as they all were equpped with horses.)
Attack Speed: **** (The Mongols weren't just fast, either; they were also very maneuverable in battle. I've tried to show this with his attack speed, although it isn't as fast or as lag-less as MetaKnight's.)
Melee Strength: ** (The Mongols weren't known for their powerful charges; they used speed, range and trickery to win. Besides, Ghenghis isn't using any sort of legendary or enchanted weapondry.)
Jump: ** (The Mongol leader is like a normal human; he can jump decently, but doesn't really have any sort of special powers to jump higher.)
Defense: *** (As Genghis has alternate costumes, he can't really be incredibly strong like the lamellar armor would make him seem. Besides, as stated before, the Mongol army didn't depend on straight-up fighting.)

A Moves:

A, A, A Combo - Genghis punches twice, then takes out his saber and slashes the opponent away.

Dash A - Genghis leaps forward a short distance, then slashes downwards with his saber. Doesn't do much damage, but is very useful for pushing away opponents while using ranged attacks. Opponents get sent far horizontally when hit.

Down Tilt - Genghis takes out his lance and stabs with it while crouching.

Up Tilt - Genghis takes out an axe and strikes from his waist up to his head, sending any opponents in front of him skyward.

Side Tilt - Genghis makes a diagonal slash with his mace.

Air Attacks:

Neutral Air - Genghis does a (surprise!) sex kick.

Down Air - Genghis does a strong kick downward like Ness or DK.

Up Air - Genghis strikes over his head with his axe.

Back Air - Genghis stabs behind himself with his sword.

Forward Air - Genghis takes out his mace and makes a diagonal slash through the air.

Smash Moves:

Side Smash - Genghis takes out a lance and stabs the opponent with it! Because of it's increased range, the lance does less damage than normally expected from a smash attack.

Up Smash - Genghis strikes over his head with his mace, doing fairly good damage to anyone he hits.

Down Smash - Genghis takes out his mace and strikes on either side of himself.

Grabs:

Grab - Genghis Khan's grab is rather unique; instead of just grabbing with his hands, he actually throws out a horse-hair lasso to grab the enemy. This cannot be used to grab the edge of the stage while falling, however.

Grab A - Genghis punches his foe in the face, doing 3% damage.

Back Throw - Genghis holds his foe behind himself as he takes his sword and stabs it backward into his foe's gut.

Forward Throw - Genghis pours burning sulfur down the enemy's throat, then kicks his foe forward. This was actually done to one enemy leader when he was defeated by Genghis.

Up Throw - Genghis throws the foe into the air, then shoots them with an arrow from his bow.

Down Throw - Genghis forces the foe into a kneeling position, then cuts their neck as though he were cutting off their head. This is his most powerful throw.

B Moves:

Regular B - "Composite Bow Shot" - Genghis pulls out a bow and starts charging it up, like Link. However, there are some significant differences:

1. He can actually move, albeit somewhat slower than usual, while charging up the shot.

2. Once he has finished charging (which is slower to charge than Link's bow), he can put on his shield to save the shot.

3. When fully charged, the shot has a straighter trajectory than Link's arrows.

Unfortunately, because of these advantages, the bow only does around 12% damage when fully charged.

A picture of a Mongolian composite bow:

Side B - "Tunder Crash Bomb" - This Chinese invention was actually used against the Mongols before China was captured by them; the Mongols later used it to devastating effect against enemies like the Japanese. Genghis takes out a round cast-iron ball and rolls it on the ground. After going a fairly short distance, it explodes, sending iron shards in a radius 1 1/2 the size of the explosion caused by Yoshi's Egg Throw. If one is hit by the actual explosion, 20% damage is done, which is added to by the shards shot out of the blast; however, the 12 shards only 1% damage each.

Down B - "Trebuchet Shot" - Genghis takes out his bow and quickly shoots a whistling arrow into the air. 1/2 second later, a boulder comes crashing down on the area where he shot the arrow. Does 26% damage, but can damage Genghis as well as enemies when it comes down. The area covered on the ground by this attack is a little less than that covered by Pikachu's thunder bolt. Note: Genghis can only summon one trebuchet shot before having to recharge the attack for 2 seconds after the shot has hit the ground; this is to prevent spamming of the attack.

A whistling arrow:

Up B - "Prisoners of War" - Genghis jumps off the backs of two prisoners of war, going up a fair distance vertically and striking anyone in the way with his sword. The attack is not very powerful (only 6% done to those hit), but the prisoners of war remain after the attack and can be used as flesh shields (Note: Genghis's attacks simply go through them, so enemies can't use them against him). However, they can only take a small amount of damage (around 25% each) and will fall over dead once the attack is done if Ghenghis is over a cliff or if he has done this attack twice within a 10 second time frame. This represents the unsavory Mongol practice of forcing recent prisoners to march in front of the main Mongol army in order to act as living meat-shields.

Final Smash: The Nerge!

Genghis Khan has grabbed the smash ball! Genghis was an excellent hunter, so it's no wonder that his final smash is related to this love of his. When started, two bodyguards appear on either side of him, and give him a hunting bow. They all then mount, and the hunt begins!

Genghis Khan will fire an arrow from the hunting bow when the B button is pressed. This is unlike his normal bow, however, in that it can aim up and down, just like the cracker launcher or super scope items. This bow also does 17% damage PER SHOT, fires fairly fast, and fires in a perfectly straight trajectory (Note: No charging is required). The arrows themselves fly so fast that all you see is a brown blur as fast as Fox's laser!

Unfortunately for his enemies, it is advised not to try to attack him at all; all ranged attacks will be deflected by his guards, and these same guards will happily slash your face away if you try to charge Genghis (they do 10% damage each per hit). In fact, aggressive Genghis players can use their increased speed from their mounts to simply run into their opponents and let the guards do the dirty work, using their powerful bow to do further damage to the unlucky smasher or fire at the others not currently being massacred by his guards.

After 15 seconds, the nerge ends and Genghis's guards disappear, along with the horses.

Alternate Costumes:

Genghis Khan (Robes)

This is Genghis Khan, but in white robes.

Ogedei Khan

This is Genghis Khan's youngest son, as well as his first successor as Great Khan. Although not quite as skillfull as his father, he still conquered quite a bit of land before his death.

Kublai Khan

This is one of Genghis Khan's grandsons, who was the fifth and last Great Khan. Because of his imprompteau self-declaration of Khanship and his love for Chinese culture, the empire soon split up into four different Khanates that declared themselves independent from Kublai's Yuang Dynasty in China. Nonetheless, Kublai still held some sway over the other three Khanates. He too was a great conquerer, completing the takeover of China and Japan, as well as taking on Burma and Vietnam.

Entrance:

Genghis Khan is already standing on the stage, with a kneeling enemy warrior in front of him; he takes out his sword, stabs the warrior through the heart, then puts it away as his victim disappears and the battle begins.

Taunts:

1. Genghis takes out his sword and sharpens it several times with a sharpening stone before putting it away.

2. Genghis takes out his horsetail standard from nowhere and lifts it in the air, shouts once, then puts it away.

An example of a horsetail standard:

3. Genghis summons his hunting falcon, which he strokes a few times before letting it fly away.

Victory Poses:

1. Genghis is sitting on a throne with his guards on either side, looking at a metal spike with his enemy's skulls stuck on it. His expression is indifferent.

2. A boiling cauldron is at his right side; when a hand comes out of it, pleading for mercy, Genghis laughs and pushes it back in.

3. Genghis looks at a piece of paper with execution orders, then signs it; two guards with swords keep his enemies roped together in a line.

This song plays during his victory pose: http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/samplesViewSingle.php?id=21215

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Assist Trophies:

Jebe - "The Arrow"

This Mongolian soldier who shot the horse out from under Genghis Khan during his takeover of Mongolia was spared by Genghis when he proudly boasted this feat after he was captured. He would become one of Genghis Khan's one most loyal and skillful generals. As an Assist trophy, he comes out of the trophy container and starts shooting arrows at the wielder's enemies. After ten arrow shots that do good damage, he leaves.

Batu Khan

This general was actually under Genghis Khan's son, Ogedei, but is still an important part of Mongolian history, as he led a campaign against Europe that devestated Hungary, Poland and Russia. It was only stopped when Ogedei died and Batu had to return to Mongolia to help elect a new leader.

Batu doesn't seem very unique; he rides around on a horse with an unarmed soldier, slashing at his enemies. However, every time he cuts someone with his sword, he does around 4% damage; in addition, a bag that the soldier riding with him holds starts filling up. Once Batu has ridden around hacking his master's enemies for 5 seconds, the soldier turns the bag over and pours out pairs of enemy's ears that have been collected. This is based on a real-life battle of the Mongols, where they cut off the ears of their dead enemies and filled bags with them. Every pair of ears does 1% of unblockable damage to every enemy on the screen as they cower in terror. Note: Enemies can still attack while they are cowering; it is just a cosmetic effect.

Stage: The Last Stand of the Naiman

The Naiman were the last Mongol tribe that stood in the way of Genghis Khan's claim to being the Great Khan. When an ambush they were planning was betrayed by a tribe that they had thought was their ally, their leader was wounded and was carried to the top of a hill. While he lay dying, his men continually charged and drove the victorious Mongols away from their leader; Genghis was willing to spare them for their bravery, but they refused his offer and fought to the death.

The battle arena is at the bottom of the hill, where a yurt and two trees are located. It is possible to jump on the top of this yurt; then, you may jump up to the trees' branches on either side. You'll need these platforms, too; the grassy plains on the bottom continually have problems with the Niaman charging to fight back the Mongol scum. When a charge starts, a marker on the screen will tell you to get to a safe area; soonafter, a large group of Niaman comes chasing a group of Mongolian warriors away. If you are caught in the charge, expect heavy damage or death. Once the Niaman have past, it is safe to go back on the ground. When the next warning marker comes, it will be foretelling that the Naiman warriors are returning to their leader; again, make sure not to be caught in their ranks. This repeats until the battle is over.

An example of a yurt:

http://www.tamegoeswild.com/photos/coppermine/albums/200708_mongolia/our_yurt.jpg

This song plays on the stage:
http://h1.ripway.com/roboliver/Kaigal-oolkargyraa.mp3

SSE Story:

Genghis Khan and his army were marching, marching to destroy a nation that had dared defy him by killing one of his emissaries. Of course, the emissary had been ordering their king to surrender to Mongol rule, but that was merely an unimportant detail; they had killed a subject of Genghis Khan, and they were going to pay for it dearly. There would be no survivors after the inevitable Mongol victory; all, including woman and children, would be slain, and their skulls would be piled up to set an example to other nations who might defy the Great Khan.

Suddenly, a strange rift opened near Genghis's army, and started sucking them in. Cursing and yelling, they tried to run, but the force was too strong. Even Genghis, though he tried riding away with his guards, was pulled in, and the forces inside knocked him out...

When he came to, he found he was lying in a strange plain, with bizarre contraptions all around. However, it did not matter to him; some strange outside force had interrupted his conquests, and they were going to suffer for it. Gathering the men that had not been killed by the rift's strange powers, he set off to find those who had dared to send him here. And if others got in the way; well, they were going to have to die too.

SSE Level:

Genghis Khan is an evil force, and thus has a level of his own. The level is started when the player's characters encounter a Korean Archer and Mongol Spearman torturing a prisoner just outside the Mongol's camp; he is freed by the player(s) after his captors are killed. He then asks the player(s) to free his friends that are inside, and about to be executed.

During this level, the players' characters run through the Mongol camp at night, killing Genghis's minions in whatever way possible. The camp is on a plain, so it is almost completely flat; in fact, the only platforms are the tops of the many yurts you pass. One-third of the way through, the player(s) face Ogedei Khan, who has only 1 life and has the weakest A.I. Two-Thirds of the way through, they face Kublai Khan, who has 3 lives and has a decent A.I. Lastly, at the end, they face Genghis Khan, who has 5 lives and the best A.I. To add insult to injury, elite troops spawn during the fight with Genghis Khan to aid their master.

Enemies:

Basic Troops:
These soldiers are fought from the beginning.

Korean Archer - These chaps stand still and try to shoot at you with arrows. They have to charge up their arrows before firing, like Genghis, but they can always aim up or down. Their bows do a little less damage than Genghis's. If you get too close, they'll try to hit you with their bow, but by then it's pretty much over for them. They are an extremely common foe.

Mongol Spearman - Although they have 150% the health of Korean archers, they still don't have a huge amount of health. Nonetheless, they will be your most common foe. They stab with their spears, which do 150% of the Korean Archer's arrow, and boast the ability to stab upward. If you get too close, they will pull out a small sword, but their attack with it is weak.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c7/Mokoshuraiekotoba.jpg(They are located in the ship)

Kublai's Troops:
These troops will be seen once you defeat Ogedei.

Chinese Crossbowman - These troops have twice the health of Korean archers and have a small sword to fight with at close range: However, they fire more slowly. Note: Their attack does only a little more damage than that of the Korean archer.

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/1603/siege12vc.jpg(They are located on the siege tower and on the walls.)

Korean Soldier - This soldier uses a spear and shield as his weapons. Boasting twice the health of a lowly Mongol Spearman, this unit is further protected by his shield, which is invincible and can be used by the spearman to block player's attacks completely. However, his spear attacks are only slightly stronger than that of Mongol Spearmen, although he can also stab upward.

http://www.totalwar.org/hosted/TotalwarShogun/mongol/kskirmisher.jpg

Genghis's Troops:
These men appear only after you have defeated Kublai. They are all mounted; if they run into a player, they will knock them away and do light damage (to the player, not themselves). If the mount is killed, the rider falls off, loses 1/4 of his health, and is stunned for 2 seconds on the grounds while he gets up.

Mangudai - These horse archer troops only have the health of a Mongol Spearman; at least, the rider does. The horse, on the other hand, has the health of a Korean soldier. Also, the Mangudai rides around consistently and with great speed, making himself hard to hit. His bow fires as fast as that of a Korean archer, yet boasts the power of the Chinese crossbow.

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/5903/loggovladfm6.jpg

Drummer Rider - This troop type is unique in the fact that it doesn't directly attack; instead, it gives a damage and armor bonus to every other minion on the screen with it. All troops do 50% more damage than they usually do, and only take 75% of the damage they usually do. The riders have the health of the Mangudai, and their camels have twice the health of the Mangudai's horse; however, the camels are slower than the Mangudai's horse.

http://medieval2.heavengames.com/m2tw/history/historical_battles_folder/ain_jalut/mongols8.jpg

Heavy Cavalry - They charge with a lance when they first enter battle or when the player(s) runs away; Else, they take out a mace and start bashing the player(s). The mace does twice the damage of the Korean Spearman's attack. The rider has 125% the health of the Korean Soldier, while his armoured horse has the health of the Drummer Rider's camel without losing any speed.

http://medieval2.heavengames.com/m2tw/history/historical_battles_folder/kalka_river_folder/mongols14.jpg

Siege Weapons:
These are considered as Genghis's troops; thus, they only appear after Kublai has been defeated. All are located in the backround, so they cannot be attacked.

Ballista - This siege weapon is basically a huge crossbow on wheels. In order to attack, it fire's giant bolts from the backround; however, before firing, it has to find it's mark on the player. When a Ballista is on the screen, you will see a targeting cursor; when it stops on a player's position and starts flashing red, it is advised to get away from the area. After 1 second of flashing, the bolt is fired from the backround; if the player is hit, it is usually an instant kill. These fire every 6 seconds or so.

http://www.ospreypublishing.com/osp_img/titlecovers/S339XAL.JPG

Trebuchet - This siege weapon fires huge rocks every six seconds or so. It does not have to target the player before firing; it simply randomly bombards from the backround while the player is on the same screen as it. Before a trebuchet shot lands, a shadow of the boulder appears on the ground;
this stays for 1 second before the shot lands. The shot does a good amount of damage.

http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/2972/siege26ci.jpg
I've tried adding more detail and variety to Genghis's moveset, and I've added some more images.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
K, I got to work on my List and a diagram for all of etheream's attacks. His moves from A to Tilt Down A are done and I will have them up later today. and tomorrow I will have 25 of my votes up with three super votes included. and on thursday I'll have up the other 25 with 3 more super votes.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Hi! I'll be posting my list here soon, thanks to anyone who voted for Elza and Vooze! :)

My Votes!

First I'll vote for my own characters.....

1. Elza
2. Vooze

Next I'll list the rest of my votes, however these might easily change(and I'll be adding super votes later)

This is in no particular order.

3. Great Clay monkey
4. Chell
5. Farthing Fox (Omg farthing fox! :chuckle:)
6. Edin Notn
7. Hiro
8. Somasu
9. Spyro

10. Taga [Super vote]
Taga was one of the very first Entries I saw when I came to this thread first and it's stayed in my mind since then. The Design is very interesting and even though it's a Dragon it manages to look completly original (when it could have been your obvious bulky dragon blowing flames with massive claws) Plus Eaode went to the trouble of making pictures to describe his moves (and they describe them very well)

11. Chatu Ranga
12. Feraligator

13. Scrooge Mcduck [Super Vote]
I remember Scrooge mcduck! I think his moveset captures the Disney/Looney toons (Crazy and Daft) humour very well. I liked how he gave lot's of pictures which helped describe his moves greatly. Overall this entry is just screaming at me "I must be in that 50, I must be in that 50" :laugh:

14. Chaos
15. Keramon
16. Malandros Nyclo
17. Rythe
18. Billy Hatcher
19. Celebi & Mew
20. Kero Chan(......I've seen him somewhere on tv before :dizzy:)
21. Pippi Longstocking

22. Viki [Super Vote]
Do I even need to Say? Have a look at Viki's post and you'll see why I'm giving her 3 points. If that's not enough I guess I'll explain. I didn't really know much about the Suikoden series, but Viki is a refreshing character and would not look out of place in a real fighting game like smash. The moveset is absolutly astounding and I really like some of the names the moves have too. :)

23. Aves
24. Cena
25. Fawriel
26. Sailor Venus (Like the idea of each sailor character but picked this one since they're quite simalar)
27. Don Quixote
28. Chiyo-Chan & Osaka
29. Cyberjunkie
30. Homestar Runner
31. Warner Brothers
32. Yahtzee by Kirby M.D
33. Bill Cosby & Squirtle (you have to admit it is a fun idea)

34. Hyacinth Bucket [Super Vote]
This Character is SO underappreciated! Maybe it doesn't be on american telivision or something. If you have never seen this before, go on youtube and look for a clip. It's a very funny show, just cause it's old doesn't make it bad. Anyway back to the actual character, Hyacinth is probably the last character I expected to see, she's such a random entry :chuckle:. Anyone who can get a woman from a comedy that was made before video games ever existed and make her into a fighting character is to be applauded. I think characters like this are what this whole "Make your move" is all about. ;)

35. Metapod & Kakuna
36. Firefox
37. Mr. Mario Paint
38. Porkman
39. Anonymous
40. Edward Elric
41. Cthulhu
42. Etheream
43. Haruhi
44. Mask Link
45. Polaris

More votes coming soon. It's getting alot harder to choose :(............

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Rigging the enemy base with explosives, which is l
In no praticular order and jeez this was hard my first list had 72 people that I wanted in and it was painful to kick someoff

1)anonymous

2)conan& Ai & Heiji [Super Vote] These oves so perfectly show how these characters are. As I was reading them I was able to guess what some moves would be. It so perfectly fits the characters and is described in so much detail that its my favorite by far.

3)crash bandicoot
4)Metapod & Kakuna
5)Edward Elric
6)Great Clay Monkey
7)Megaman X
8)Naruto
9)Roy Mustang
10)Somasu
11)Spyro
12)Taga
13)?????
14)Flying Dutchman
15)Bill Brasky
16)Cromag
17)Chatu Ranga
18)King Leonidas
19)Roronoa Zoro
20)Porkman
21)Al Gore
22)Kenji
23)Cthllhu

24)Light [Super Vote] Metalord took a character who can kill anyone he wants and made him unbroken. Metalord clearly spent a lot of time on the moveset and thought out each move to make sense with show/manga. Also another one where i could guess some of the moves before I read them further showing how well it suites Light.

25)Rythe
26)Sasuke
27)Billy Hatcher
28)celebi and Mew
29)Bill Cosby & Squirtle
30)Haruhi

31)Firefox [Super Vote] They took a freaken internet browser mascot and made him into a well thought out character. His moves make sense for what he is (a flamming fox) and his origin (the internet).

32)Pippi Longstocking
33)Viki
34)Nog
35)Mr.Mario Paint
36)Aves
37)Cena
38)Elza
39)Fawriel
40)Flygon
41)Howl
42)Mask Link
43)Landmaster
44)Genghis Khan
45)Ludwig van Beethoven
46)Bobobo
47)Chiyo and Osaka
48)Yahtzee
49)Homestarrunner
50)Strongbad

Runners up
Because everyone is special
4)Sam Fisher: I have read every splinter cell book and played all the games and I love sam fisher but someone who works only in the shadows is hard to implement in a fighting game
5)Yoda: He was so well done but I had 52 characters on my list so he and Scrooge got the boot.
6)Arceus: Same as Fraligator and furret
7)Tale Team: RWB's creations are masterfully made but I didn't want to only vote for his
8)Friedrich Nietzsche: One of Metalord's best I really wish i could have fit him on hes on the same as Scrooge and yoda
9)Salesman: Awesome character just couldn't fit him
10)Angry Video Game Nerd: I love it but like most of them there were just to many i liked a little bit more

Fawriel

Smash Master
Yo, GCM! Don't forget that you can have Super Votes, and, more importantly, runners-up! Just list them separately and you can give some respect to the other 22 characters as well!

EDIT: Yes! I like exclamation marks! Why do you ask!

EDIT2: By the way, I'm introducing rule 8:

Since it's my birthday, all votes for my characters will count double.

kthx!

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
Ok, I am doing a rating out of ten for every character.
A total of FOUR points may be awarded for thought/creativity/cohesiveness
A total of FOUR points may be awarded for effort
A total of TWO points may be awarded for personal preference of mine

Today I do the categories of Cool and History
Tomorrow will be Badass and Dark
Thursday will be Cute, Literature and Fantasy
Friday will be Music, Funny, and WTF

After I post my first list later I will explain this again but...BOLDED entries received a score of 8.0 or higher and receive a normal vote from me. Entries 9.3 and higher will bolded and underlined and I will write a few lines about them, thereby giving them a SUPER VOTE.

EDIT!!!!
Etheream's Post now contains a diagram for his Moves "A"through "Tilt Down A"

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Yo, GCM! Don't forget that you can have Super Votes, and, more importantly, runners-up! Just list them separately and you can give some respect to the other 22 characters as well!

EDIT: Yes! I like exclamation marks! Why do you ask!

EDIT2: By the way, I'm introducing rule 8:

Since it's my birthday, all votes for my characters will count double.

kthx!
yeah I was planning to but that list took so long to make I needed a break

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
As I continue procrastinating from writing my list (Srsly. I'll get right on that...later) I've began to wonder something...

What exactly will this new Smash be called? I certainly hope it won't remain nameless. Will it be SSBMYM: Super Smash Bros. Make Your Moves? Or the title of the thread, Super Smash Boards Brawl? I can't seem to find the name of our made-up game anywhere in the OP.

Perhaps we should take a vote to determine the name...unless, of course, this had already been addressed and discussed in a previous comment, in which case nevermind.

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
As I continue procrastinating from writing my list (Srsly. I'll get right on that...later) I've began to wonder something...

What exactly will this new Smash be called? I certainly hope it won't remain nameless. Will it be SSBMYM: Super Smash Bros. Make Your Moves? Or the title of the thread, Super Smash Boards Brawl? I can't seem to find the name of our made-up game anywhere in the OP.

Perhaps we should take a vote to determine the name...unless, of course, this had already been addressed and discussed in a previous comment, in which case nevermind.
It has not and if it has I was off eating pickles at the time because I don't recall it ever being discussed. I vote for Make Your Move if we vote on names.
PS Fawriel happy B day

Top Bottom