• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move! Super Smash Boards Brawl - And the winners are...

killbeast301

Smash Lord
Hmm, do you know what those symbols stand for? The second one seems unfamiliar, too...
They are both simple, basic transmutation circles. I figured we should use something like that since Fullmetal and Flame are both alchemists. At first I thought Ed should have that serpent-cross thing, but then I remembered that Roy should have the same symbol, and that wouldn't really fit him.

Fawriel

Smash Master
They are both simple, basic transmutation circles. I figured we should use something like that since Fullmetal and Flame are both alchemists. At first I thought Ed should have that serpent-cross thing, but then I remembered that Roy should have the same symbol, and that wouldn't really fit him.
I know they're transmutation circles, but since you gave me a choice between the two, I was wondering if either of the two have any certain significance.
Isn't there some sort of State Alchemist insignia?

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
I would too this one was a bit of fun and I'm sure people enjoyed it and i had a few move lists to do up that i never did for this one and it's not like it's affecting anyone we might get more participation in 2.0 than we did in this one.

RWB

Smash Ace
Well, a lot of extra, useless work, but....

Here you have him....

Hollow Ichigo, aka Shirosaki Hichigo.

Backstory:

Stats:

Strength:
7/10 – This is a very deceptive stat, as Shirosaki's attacks have very peculiar specifics. But all-around, he's rather powerful, with some VERY strong attacks.

Size:
6/10 - He is 174 centimeters, and thus a bit taller than Mario.

Weight:
4.5/10 – I believe this guy is actually heavier, but he needs some weak spots.

Attack speed:
8/10 – Shirosaki is a friggin speed demon in the Anime, so I think he should still have high speed, but to balance it won't be absolurely obscene.

Range:
10/10 – Shirosaki likely possesses the best range out of all the characters, not only is he tall, but he also wields a sword which he swings by holding it by the hilt wrap most attacks, and that hiltwrap is rather long. However, there are downsides to his range too, but that will be shown in the move specifics.

Ground speed:
8/10 – In keeping with him being a speed demon, his movement speed is high. Also, he kinda floats above ground when he dashes.

Jump:
6/10 – His jumps are a bit above average(contrary to anime's uberjumps, but meh.) height.

Aerial speed:
6/10 – His movement speed in the air is decent, kinda like Luigi-Jigglypuffish.

Fall speed:
2/10 – He falls REALLY slow, like Luigi. Fastfall is very quick tho'(lol).

Dashing jump speed:
7/10 – Some of his running speed carry over to his jump. This makes dashing jumps a very quick attack option.

Quirks:

Change of costumes might change the way Hollow Ichigo sounds. The regular white one kinda Chuckle-giggles somewhat... all the time, while the more Quasi-hollow one mostly just roars and hisses all the time and only chuckles at times.
More on this later. He doesn't really anything else that could be called Quirks.

Battle Thingies

Entrance: A whitish(depends on costume choice) blur shoots toward the starting position. It turns out it's Hollow Ichigo!

Idle pose: Stands almost still, sword resting on his shoulder. He just laughs every now and then, making him doing some small movements.

Taunts:
-He points forward in a condescending way, and shouts: "I'm the god**** king, partner!"
-He laughs like a complete maniac, an insane expression on his face. see the laugh and expression at the end of this vid. [/url] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuVTlAEsdvg
-He points his blade at the opponent and shouts: "You're to weak to even fight against!"

Victory tune: Couldn't find DX

Victory poses:
-He throws himself to the right, then to the left, lauging all the time, and then just gives a big grin.
-He shouts "What a bunch of sods!" while spinning his sword with the hilt wrap.
-He says "Unbelievable", and then laughs as he turns into a blur and goes offscreen. The laugh extends to quite a while after that.

Losing pose:
- He stands slumped forward, a disbelieving expression on his face.

Fighter Description:
Hollow Ichigo is a rather strange character. His main method of attack is his sword, but the sword is seldom handled as a normal blade. Hichigo throws it and swings it with the hilt wrap. He is an excellent range fighter due to the combination of good power and the immense range his weapon gives him, and the fact that he has two projectiles, and neither are bad.
However, Hichigo has problems if you get close to him. There, you get hit by the hilt wrap, not the sword. The Hiltwrap has no Knockback, so if that hits you during an attack from Hichigo, feel free to pound him. This goes for him in general, with a few attacks that lets him knock away close enemies. Hichigo is a very powerful character, but spacing is key to using him, else you're screwed against a good player, since Hichigo can easily be sent flying. Hichigo has pretty good hitstun if he connects with his attacks in general, but most that doesn't utilise the hilt wrap have very low instead.

The moves:

Specials:

NEUTRAL B:
Getsuga Tenshou:
Damage: 7%-30% travelling, and 8%-36% at release

Hollow Ichigo launches a crescent shaped wave of dark power.
This attack travels fast, and keeps going until it goes offscreen.
It's a rather big projectile, and it's chargeable.
It's full knockback power travelling is about the same as Samus Charge shot, , but this send the enemy at a much lower trajectory.
It's at its strongest at the very point where it is released, where it has 1.2 the power(damage and Knockback) it has when it travels through the air.

FORWARD B:
Zangetsu Throw:
Damage: 17% close to Hichigo, 14% at the end of it's range. 3% at returning.

Hollow Ichigo uses the full length of the hilt wrap and throws the sword a good distance.
A bit much windup time, but the actual attack when launched is strong and fast. Afterlag is low, but Hichigo cannot attack again until the sword returns, but an unaware opponent can get a weak hit by the returning sword. A kinda risky move if you dont connect, the enemy should have enough time to get a hit in if they manage to avoid the actual throw.
At 6:28: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yJ9dAD9HGY

Note: A tether move.

DOWN B:
Spirit Pressure:
Damage: varies between 0% to about 10% at most.

Hichigo releases his immense spiritual power as an aura, pushing back enemies a good distance. The power he unleashes may cause the enemy slight harm, but it basically works as a FLUDD in all directions, so make sure to not get hit by them during the push.

UP B:
Flash Step:
Damage: none.

Hichigo makes a rush at superhuman speeds, making it seem as if he warped.
It's a fast move, working like a quicker version of Mewtwo's teleport(startup lag is virtually nonexistent, and the move does not have afterlag). He can do two of these while in the air, but has to land to regain them. This move does not make Hichigo go into helpless state.

A Moves:

JAB
Double Slash(HOLD A: Double Slash->Windmill Sword Combo):
Damage: Double Slash- first slash 2%, second slash 6%
Windmill Combo- 3% per hit until attack damage decimation starts kicking in.

The Double slash is two attacks performed extremely quick after eachother(the second cancels the firsts already short lag completely, and thus the second slash will hit even at the highest of percentages), performed by pressing the A button in rapid succession. These attacks do not use the hilt wrap.

The Windmill Sword Combo is simply Hollow Ichigo standing still, and spinning his blade by the hilt wrap at extreme speeds. the effect of being hit by this attack is a lot like the one you suffered from being close to Mew2s shadow ball.

Example: at 5:17-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yJ9dAD9HGY
The range is not as long as it is in the video, but it's still pretty great.

DASH ATTACK
Pressuring Sword:
Damage: 9-10% during rush, 11% from the part where he brings the sword down.You are VERY unlikely to be hit by both.

One of the attacks that doesn't utilize the hiltwrap. Hollow Ichigo pulls his sword up in front of him, ramming into the enemy with quite decent power. He keeps the blade up until you stop holding the button down or until he reaches the end of the stage.
At 4:34: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yJ9dAD9HGY

Tilts:

FORWARD
Front Kick:
Damage: 7%

A rather normal kick in front, mostly used to knock the enemy away. This attack is quick in all ways the word can be used. The knockback is nothing to talk big about.

UP
High Arc:
Damage: Blade 12%, wrap 1%

Hollow Ichigo leans backward as he uses the hilt wrap to swing the blade in an arc above his head. This has almost straight upward knockback and is reasonably powerful and quick, but since he swings the sword in wide arc, make sure the enemy aren't to close to you.

DOWN
Quick burst:
Damage: 7% from the blade on the way down(unlikely to hit), 5% burst itself.

Hichigo stabs his sword into the ground quickly, and a burst of electricity stikes out from it. this attack has a decent knockback at low damage, making it a favorite spacing tool, but later on it hits the enemy out of Hichigos range, but still doesn't have killing power until like 250%.

Smashes

FORWARD
Descending Nightmare:
Damage: Blade 22%-31%, 1% Hilt wrap

This is a very destructive attack, quite similar to Marth's F-smash. Holding the blade by the wrap, he swings it over his head and down into the ground. The range is demonic, the knockback is just beastly, and the attack is decently quick to come out. However, it has, unlike most other of Hichigo's attacks, LOADS of afterlag, so much that even the immense shield stun it has is of any use. So it's a risky but devastating move.

UP
Wide Arc:
Damage: Blade 19%-27%, 1% Hilt wrap.

Holding the sword by the wrap, he starts a swing slightly behind him, almost at the height of his feet. This swing then proceeds to go around in an almost complete circle, and to make sure it doesn't lose momentum, Hollow Ichigo follows it with his entire body, even temporarily making a one-hand handstand. The knockback for this move is really good, and works like the U-tilts did, with one difference; If the attack hits you when it has not yet swung past Hichigo's knees, you will be sent at a trajectory similar to "The Knee", but slightly higher, and the knockback is also lower. Startup is low, afterlag average.

DOWN
Low Arc:
Damage: Blade 17%-25%, 1% Hilt wrap.

Hichigo flips onto one hand, swinging his blade around him by the wrap, hitting low. The knockback from this move is really weird-o-rific; it sends you flying at a perfect 45 degree angle. It's a very strange looking move. It's likely the all around best smash Hichigo has, as it is the quickest to start and has low afterlag.

AERIALS

NEUTRAL A
Falling Blade:
Damage: First hit- Blade 15%, 1% Hilt wrap, Second hit- Blade 10%, 1% Hilt wrap

Hichigo swings the blade over his head by the wrap, actually doing two somersaults, and as such, this attack has two hits, but they won't both connect. This move has high landing lag, but is quick to start and is a really strong KO-attack. Makes use of his range.

FORWARD A
Air Dash:
Damage: 10%

This is basically a short, aerial version of the dash attack. It can actually assist in recovery.
It has pretty decent knockback, sending the enemy diagonally upwards. it has a fair amount of aerial lag, but has almost no landing lag.

It looks kinda like in this video, at 0:39-0:40, but it does not go that far.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx4iVMQ1vy4

UP A
Rolling Blade:
Damage: 7%

Hichigo rolls into a ball, cutting all around him. Does not use the wrap and lacks his usual range. Next to no land lag. Good for interrupting enemy attacks. The knockback is very low.
Example: 3:42
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yJ9dAD9HGY

BACK A
Slap'd:
Damage: 8%

An attack that has next to no startup-lag or afterlag at all. It has almost no knockback at all however. The move itself is simple, Hichigo just slaps behind him with the back of his hand. This attack does turn him around tho', so it's not easy to spam without landing.

DOWN A
Lost Blade:
Damage: 20%

Hichigo drops his sword intentionally(holding it by the wrap ), point pointing directly downwards, and lets it fall a short distance. In this move, getting hit by the wrap is impossible, and the range is not impressive. This move is very similar to Links dair, both in performance and power.

Shielding Moves and Throws:

SIDESTEP:
Hollow Ichigo just kinda slides into the background, not moving in the least otherwise.

ROLL:
Forward- Hichigo throws himself onto the ground and rolls forward a good distance.
Back- Just kinda slides back, like Mewtwo.

GRAB:
Hichigo has decent grab range but is somewhat slow to grab compared to some due to a wide movement with his arm before he grabs. He holds the enemy by the neck.

DASH GRAB:
Hichigo's Dash Grab is unique, in that it works kinda like his dash attack, he keeps moving forward if you hold the button(only if you manage to grab someone tho'). He also does a slight amount of damage during this "slide", but if he manage to knock you into a wall with it, it does additional damage. Make sure to throw the enemy and not just to press them backwards; like any grab, it can be escaped through fighting back.
The actual grab motion is also faster than the regular, tho' being a butterfingers earns you a lot more lag.

Example of the Dash grab: 0:24-0:28
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXrJeajif4U

THROWS:

A attack:
Damage: 4% each time.

Hichigo tightens his grip, choking the enemy.
Seen at: 0:28-0:34
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXrJeajif4U

Forward throw:
Damage: 13%

Hollow Ichigo throws the enemy forwards full force. This throw has strong knockback, and sends you at a pretty straight trajectory.
At 7:06:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI-hx-gQ86s

Up throw:
Damage: 4%

He just kinda throws you upwards without putting much effort into it. At low damages, a perfect setup for the U-tilt or U-smash.

Back throw:
Damage: 9%

Hichigo just kinda flicks the enemy aside. Knockback is mediocre.
At 3:35: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI-hx-gQ86s, the thing he uses against the attack.

Down throw:
Damage: 12%

Hichigo bashes the enemy's head against the floor, and the enemy is sent flying by the force. Good upward Knockback.

FINAL SMASH:

True Hollow:

Alt Colors:

White:

Black:

Red:

Green:

Blue:

Yellow:

Stage:
?

Song:
?:

[Unlockable songs]

Song:
?:

TO BE CONTINUED

Insurance Salesman

Smash Apprentice
Would you mind using this as Genghis's symbol?

And please, please don't use the version of Genghis that you have as his avatar as the basis of your drawing. That is a western picture of him, and it looks... well, it doesn't really look Mongolian at all. I would prefer it if you could use this picture...

but this one would be fine too...

If it's going to be too much trouble, though, you can just use his avatar.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Sweet, 3 of my guys made it, and Mask Link got 7th! Kick a$$!

...But I could have sworn Cursor had at least 3 super votes in his name, and a couple other random votes here and there. Ah, well...

Anyways, for Mask Link, you can use the standard Zelda triforce symbol, or the Majora's Mask. (see The Nerd's profile pic...I'm too lazy to post pics >_> and I need to log off soon...) Either is fine, whatever you think would work better.

Chell's can be the "O" in the title screen for PORTAL, seen in the item list under Chell's move list.

And for Billy Hatcher...I would say an egg, but that would make him like Yoshi... so make his a right-facing rooster comb, which is the red thing he has on his head.

And thanks again everyone for you votes, I really aprreciate them. ^_^

cena_wolf

Smash Journeyman
I'm still trying to figure out what Cena's Symbol would be, though I do have an idea of what his win theme would be. I'd have to have someone compose it, though...Or I could just learn FLStudio and do it myself. But I'm lazy. :-D

Oh, and I think I might redo Sindel's moveset. I kinda feel like it. Sorry, Sindy... :-P

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
hey can anyone create an drawing for Tidus from FFX? although the contest is over, I want to create what his skill set would be like.

Fawriel

Smash Master
The make you move thread 2.0 has been closed booo.

I suppose GCM still didn't get a reply...? Bah! If this isn't justified soon, I'm afraid we're going to have to flood some PM inboxes...

Hollow Ichigo again
You know, I just realized... you didn't really use the colors in the stat descriptions right. I meant for them to indicate how balanced a character is, as in, green for good stats, yellow for medium and red for bad ones... :p

Congratulations to the winners!

I kind of Heartbroken Malandros didn't make it in. =( But thems the breaks. I kind of suspected the Phantom wouldn't, but *sigh*.

Oh well. Maybe next time.
*hugs* I wanted Malandros, too. So close, too... you'll do better next time.

Would you mind using this as Genghis's symbol?
[...]
If it's going to be too much trouble, though, you can just use his avatar.
No problem, don't worry.

...But I could have sworn Cursor had at least 3 super votes in his name, and a couple other random votes here and there. Ah, well...
So could I.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. *headdesk*

It has 14 votes. It was definitely supposed to be in there... no idea how I missed him... man, it's starting to look like I made all these statistics while drunk.
... I don't know what to do about this now. In all fairness, I'd probably have to have another voting period to decide whom he's going to replace...

I READ the first post. And it just strikes a wave of WTF on me.
That means I succeeded. 10 points to Gryffindor!

Also, some of the character options in this thread made me rage.
RAGE.

Tidus wouls suck as a Brawl character.
Which probably explains why nobody suggested him.

RWB

Smash Ace
I'm not a fan of naruto, but I've found a character with a boatload of moveset potential.

Itachi.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I'm not a fan of naruto, but I've found a character with a boatload of moveset potential.

Itachi.
Final Smash: Summon Fangirls

As Itachi unleashes the power of the Smash Ball, the background of the stage is replaced by an image depicting him in a compromising position with Sasuke. Moments later, as if from a million infernal mouths, a "squeeeee~" echoes through the lands and a thousand fangirls fall from the sky.

Everyone dies.

RWB

Smash Ace
Actually, I'm thinking of his vast amount of Jutsus and his Sharingan. Espescially his Sharingan.

Thinking of Susanoo as his FS.

But lol at your comment. You always manage to crack me up. XDDDD

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
hey, can anyone in this world make a drawing of tidus from final fantasy X, or ill have to break copyrights and find an image.

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
Symbols for our characters? Well...

A Team Rocket Logo for Rythe - He might be a Pokemon, but he's the equivalent of Yoshi to the Pokemon Universe. He belongs more in his own world, the strange one that I envision.

The AVGN symbol for the nerd, I'll see if I can find a pic later.

And the Star Wars Logo for Yoda. If it wasn't obvious. I'll try to find pics later.

Fawriel

Smash Master
But lol at your comment. You always manage to crack me up. XDDDD
I do what I can.

A Team Rocket Logo for Rythe - He might be a Pokemon, but he's the equivalent of Yoshi to the Pokemon Universe. He belongs more in his own world, the strange one that I envision.
I'd rather we have as few different "franchises" as possible, but if that's what you want, so be it.

OMG 11th place ^_^ sweet

Taga's logo should be this:

You can go aead and draw him, I don't mind, I love people drawing my characters. but I you want to see more material of him to take from (the picture I drew for this wasn't that great), then head to this dA search: http://search.deviantart.com/?secti...age_sigma:24h+age_scale:5&q=dragon+taga+eaode
Welcome back. I didn't expect to ever see you here again, really. =P
I don't see a single more realistic drawing of Taga... is the cartoonyness part of his character? How cartoony should I draw him?

Hey Faw I just thought of something. Maybe you shouldn't draw GCM since he is supposed to be the clay fighter maybe I should just take a higher resolution picture of him to use. I don't know whats your opinion.
Yeah, I actually thought about that, too. If you can make a good enough photo, that'd be good.

So...um...yeah. I'm still debating on if I want you to draw him, Fawriel. Your art style's pretty good...it's the coloring I'm kinda worried about. :p
Ouch.
Yeah, my coloring's not all that amazing, but I can whip up something pretty solid if I put enough time into it.
This is probably my best coloring job I can show at the moment... but I can probably do better; it's pretty old... http://chaos.foxmage.com/pikacore.jpg

...erm, ignore the weird shading on the Jigglypuff. I should quit trying to combine pencil and CG shading...

As for drawing the winners, I figure I should just let myself decide on when to draw which characters. I have certain fields of expertise and certain characters are easier to draw than others. I should start with those that I'm likely to do a good job with and leave harder ones to the end. OCs also have higher priority than existing characters since, well, people already know what the latter look like, right.
But if you want your character drawn soon, just say so, and I'll take it into account.

Just... don't expect wonders of me, and don't expect anything too soon. Considering how complicated life gets when you need to organize everything yourself, I should consider myself glad I still have the sanity left to type. :p

RWB

Smash Ace
sorry to be annoying, but could I get some opinions on Hollow Ichigo?

Insurance Salesman

Smash Apprentice
sorry to be annoying, but could I get some opinions on Hollow Ichigo?
I don't really like anime that much (please don't kill me!) but, as usual from you, it was a good and well-thought out moveset. If only I had your talent...:cry:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Yay Elza got through! Thanks everyone for the votes! :chuckle:

Now for a Symbol....How about a pumpkin shape? Or does that sound a bit boring and obvious?

Hmm.....I'll have a think

(as for Vooze, there's always next time and he's gonna come back better then ever ;))

oh and Fawriel will it be possible for me to enter Kefka in the next make your move competition?

Edit: Here's a symbol I made in paint. The "pumpkin" looks more like an apple though. As for the design....I'm not really sure where that came from :ohwell:

What do you think?

RWB

Smash Ace
I don't really like anime that much (please don't kill me!) but, as usual from you, it was a good and well-thought out moveset. If only I had your talent...:cry:
I'm actually not that much of an anime liker myself, so...

I tend to watch trough a series once and be done with it, if it's not SUPER good.

By doing this, I find a lot of characters I like, even if the animes in themselves suck.

Bleach, where Hollow Ichigo comes from, excels at humor- and makes me like it's characters...

However, the story fails so hard XD

Top Bottom