• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Man i love bowser

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
my mains 1 ice climbers 2 J-Puff 3 pichu 4 bowser 5 random i was playing in training testing up air to grab combo and my bother picked up folco and spamed and combo me then got ***** badly (i can't edge gaurd well as bowser ) i showed off a contiues down b on the edge and he freacked out asking how the F ? i did down b to edge over and over he tryed he died and warned him never brag about comboing bowser help with edge game and who is bowser's best match up?

Parker1006

Smash Journeyman
...Half of what you typed doesn't make sense. Type conventionally, and maybe we can understand what you're trying to tell us.

PassWurD

Smash Journeyman
Oh wow, I didn't know you could main random in Melee :)

Although, I think what he's trying to imply, is, he impressed his brother by doing a continuous DownB on the edge, his brother tried, failed. He then THREATENED OH NOES, his brother to never brag about comboing Bowser.

Annd then, that all somehow lead into the pleading for help on Bowser's edge game, annd he asks, who is Bowser's best match up?

At least, I think that's what he said?

Oh well

:pimp:

chriskikz

Smash Cadet
:urg:Well... I loved the thread and reason but dude work on your typing and spelling but yes bowser is probably one of the best edgeguarders in the game his forward smash is devastating if you can hit it right and so is SHFFL ing his forward air..........If you dont know what SHFFLing is it stands for Short, Hop, Fast Fall, L cancel

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Fsmash edgeguard? I'm gonna go ahead and say that the ftilt is a lot more reliable. Bair would be best.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Actually you've asked three times. Why does it matter? You're playing Bowser, you really don't have many good matchups.

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
Um what the freak?!

I swear that is the only thing that comes to mind, throw+rest. Just don't get grabbed. Or better yet just play smart. Go play on Rainbow Cruise or something and up-air kill that living basketball at low percentages.

I posted in a another thread on accident but Bowser isn't bad against Ice Climbers either.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
the only thing that comes to mind is spacing - puff shouldn't be getting hit by up b oos which means you won't be doing any damage because her attacks have ludicrous priority - not to mention she can shield -> rest like half of your moves.

bowser gets ***** by ice climbers too - or should

i was one hit away from beating wobbles in our set - but i got infinited 100% of the time that i got grabbed lol - ic grabs are toooooo easy on bowser and standard chaingrab works even with a single climber.

don't overrate bowser he's horrible.

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
Yes he is very horrible. Are you talking about wobbling or just normal infinite grabs?

IC isn't the greatest match-up but I would prefer them over a Ganondorf any day.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Bowser's probably my favorite low tier to play. He can take a lot of hits (which he really needs to be able to do) and he can just spam Fortress which will be about as effective as actually thinking about what to do next.

Jokes aside, his air grab is kinda cool.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
But then I pull out his Final Smash - low tier johns!

And if that doesn't work I can complain and wonder out loud how Gimpyfish does it.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I think bowser should be bottom of the bottom but he is way funnier than a lot of characters , yes i think pichu is better than bowser and I play as both , hey man i wish i could be in alabama and beat you with bowser

j00t

Smash Champion
I think bowser should be bottom of the bottom but he is way funnier than a lot of characters , yes i think pichu is better than bowser and I play as both , hey man i wish i could be in alabama and beat you with bowser
Then come on down! It isn't a total embarassment if I lose with GnW against Bowser anyways >_>

Zeonix

Smash Apprentice
Having your main as bowser is pretty dang hard. Here is why:

1. Most moves have tons of lag

2. Huge target, easy to hit

3. Crappy/Predictable Recovery

That pretty much sums it up. If you still want a powerful character then use Ganondorf, since he's 11th on the tier list which is really low for someone with that much power.

Zeonix

Smash Apprentice
Gimpy, haven't you been part of the "bowser challenge!!". I heard it's when someone fights off 3 bowsers on FD with 4 stock and sees how many killz they get b4 they lose. What's the most killz anyones gotten?

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Fox, Marth, Sheik and Falco have really strong moves too...

EDIT: You should learn to edit your posts. It's on Fountain, though, and I think the record is five, with Isai's Falcon.

Top Bottom