• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mango is going to fight M2k March 7th! feat. PC! Chu? Azen? KDJ? Cort?

Scar

#HarveyDent
we need to do a poll btw to see what commentary people like most

WC
midwest
wife

im honestly not sure which i would vote for, probably wife just b/c he is so epic but sliq was the funniest son of a ***** ever @ SMYM9

then of course everyone else in the universe says west coast

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
i think phil's commentary is the funniest. *pinkshinobi dsmashes tang* "OH NO THE BLENDER!!"
*tang forward smashes pinkshinobi* "IT DOESNT MATTER"

lmaoo.

but wife is still the best person who can commentate and analyze the matchups while giving valuable insight into character matchups and player history.

idk who i like more =p

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Thus WC wins. You swear anyone else would commentate at a WC (NORCAL) Major.

Edit: Imagine Wife and Phil commentating together LOL.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
lol im trippin, i thought this was the tourny thread

i got linked to it from another site and didnt check the 1st page >_>

PHIL07

Smash Journeyman
Thus WC wins. You swear anyone else would commentate at a WC (NORCAL) Major.

Edit: Imagine Wife and Phil commentating together LOL.
DUDE that would be epic

or imagine me brandon Da dave fantasy lineup
LOL

The King

Smash Ace
Wife, Phil and DA Dave. Best commentators (for one reason or another) I've ever heard in Smash.

There's always HugS commentary too, lol. "This Slim Jim is good but it is mad greasy."

King Out

Eggz

Smash Hero
i heard news of a live feed?? i guess that's better than text updates

btw if mango doesn't **** all of us sideways idk what you guys are going to do
I'll be at my own big melee tournament. National canadian tournament aw yeah.
Text me updates *****es.

infam0us

Smash Cadet
Wife, Phil and DA Dave. Best commentators (for one reason or another) I've ever heard in Smash.

There's always HugS commentary too, lol. "This Slim Jim is good but it is mad greasy."

King Out
lmfao i remember this
mlg commentary was the shiet

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I think Sakurai's Entertainer Ganon is gonna beat mango and m2k 2v1 with an exploding box. He'll beat them in sudden death (only after ledge cancelling a wizard foot into air dodge).

Kira-

Smash Champion
People actually LIKE Wife? Wow he is by far one of the worst commentators I've ever heard. "Strategical insight and character matchups" LOL don't make me laugh, i've never heard him say anything more insightful than "falcon's knee is brutal" or "those needles are just plain rude"

My vote goes to EznJay/DC, Phil/Waffles, or DA Dave
too many chefs spoil the broth
also consider how well people work together, etc.

killer tofu

Smash Lord
People actually LIKE Wife? Wow he is by far one of the worst commentators I've ever heard. "Strategical insight and character matchups" LOL don't make me laugh, i've never heard him say anything more insightful than "falcon's knee is brutal" or "those needles are just plain rude"

My vote goes to EznJay/DC, Phil/Waffles, or DA Dave
too many chefs spoil the broth
also consider how well people work together, etc.
wife is really good because he really puts you in the middle of the match, tension and all. he's sensible and keeps the pace flowing well. he's not particularly insightful, but he's a LOT more insightful away from mlg vids. event 52 was good commentary by him

DanteFox

Smash Champion
I like how wife gives background into specific player matchups, especially if they're significant for some reason. He always fills you in on player history and specific rivalries that have been going on, etc. That's why he's my favorite. <3

And the only reason his explanations of character matchups are basic in mlg vids, Kira, is because those commentaries are supposed to be for players of all skill levels to be able to understand. They assume minimal knowledge of ATs and smash lingo.

DJMirror

Smash Master
before Phil and HMW, It was about Wife's Commentary then after i listened to Phil and HMW...I said "screw wife"

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
how does exeggcute become exeggutor?
that doesnt even make sense
eggs becoming coconuts
and how are 6 of them one pokemon?
i don't know. i wonder what happens if one of them gets separated? what if they have some sort of soul or spiritual bond that makes them die if they are apart. er, well, they are psychic pokemon so maybe they just always cluster together in groups of 6 because that's what they are genetically inclined to do. but yeah, it is stupid that they evolve into a tree.

but theyre not coconuts, the heads on exeggutor are still eggs (hence he can still use the move egg bomb)

more important than commentary discussion

Kira-

Smash Champion
kira is the first person i've heard express a dislike for wife's commentary
To me, good commentary is entertaining. The strategical aspect is nice, but at this point most smashers have a pretty good grasp on the game and can tell for themselves what is going on. I don't need someone telling me that Scar caught Eggm with bad DI which allowed him to follow his upair with a knee, or that SS was able to grab Zhu out of a pillar because he saw that Zhu dair'd too early. Commentary should add to the experience, not reiterate what is already happening.

Joe/David make fun of everyone (foo you fell for that **** you suck dawg,
yo guys be nice, fabian has feelings too LOL
), Phil/Brandon have high levels of adrenaline and add hype better than anyone else, DA Dave is just eccentric lol. And of course they're all hilarious in their own right

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
phil and brandon are way too good

the best black smashers in our region and the best commentators

i bet if shroomed gets better he can deliver hella good commentary too

Scar

#HarveyDent
you can't please everyone

some guys like commentators to hype **** up (phil + waffles), some people like to laugh (sliq), some people love wife

Top Bottom