• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MARCH 12TH/09 *REVIVAL OF SMASH* (1st page): Raynex vs. COLBOL/ZHU

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
T_T find a ride cuz it would suck if we never played.

Well I can hit him sometimes but yea you're right all he does is play defensively although he has apparently been talking to m2k a lot about fox and knows tons of tricksies >_>.

But like when fox hits a sheik it like never ends >_>. Sheik is so helpless once fox throws her in the air.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Just d.i. away from Fox's combos. It might save you from death.

To beat Fox you just knock him down and kill him. Read his techs and its over. Usmash is gay and overshoot dash attacks for free combos because the majority of Fox players have bad combo d.i.

100% edge-guard is needed to keep up with Fox's gay edge-guarding on you.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
KK - We should talk about gay sheik stuff and **** Jman and Raynex :bee:
I'm either going to learn how to SDI Uair or main Fox.

That's all I've got so far.

lol jks. iunno i think f-tilt --> u-smash is a pretty good trick though if they don't tech the f-tilt or tech in place and if you're real fast if they tech away you can just keep running and dash attack or something. idk i think sheik's u-smash is very good vs fox in general it's just sort of awkward to set up since dash attack is often better 'cuz it's less diable but u-smash is more damage and you can pick which way you send if you're amazing so idk. offstage fox is dead fox so yeah.

i mostly just spam bair now and do d-throw regrab tech chases (just pay real close attention to his tech in place and you can start to get it. if they di behind you they usually tech in place so you can get free u-smash [bonus points for dashing to a side slightly to fake guessing a different tech or to cover that option too if your spacing/timing is pro] but if you're less risky just get good at regrab). and then at higher percent i d-throw dash attack fair or d-throw f-tilt and then tech chase from f-tilt, her f-tilt ***** fox in tech chase 'cuz you can just keep f-tilting and stuff sort of like what falcon does but idk it's mostly a trick for pushing them across the stage easily while keeping them knocked over so you can get them to the edge and **** them.

fox is a cunt LOL

but yeah srsly message me on aim sometime. we can discuss gay.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD

That's all I've got so far.

lol jks. iunno i think f-tilt --> u-smash is a pretty good trick though if they don't tech the f-tilt or tech in place and if you're real fast if they tech away you can just keep running and dash attack or something. idk i think sheik's u-smash is very good vs fox in general it's just sort of awkward to set up since dash attack is often better 'cuz it's less diable but u-smash is more damage and you can pick which way you send if you're amazing so idk. offstage fox is dead fox so yeah.

i mostly just spam bair now and do d-throw regrab tech chases (just pay real close attention to his tech in place and you can start to get it. if they di behind you they usually tech in place so you can get free u-smash [bonus points for dashing to a side slightly to fake guessing a different tech or to cover that option too if your spacing/timing is pro] but if you're less risky just get good at regrab). and then at higher percent i d-throw dash attack fair or d-throw f-tilt and then tech chase from f-tilt, her f-tilt ***** fox in tech chase 'cuz you can just keep f-tilting and stuff sort of like what falcon does but idk it's mostly a trick for pushing them across the stage easily while keeping them knocked over so you can get them to the edge and **** them.

fox is a **** LOL

but yeah srsly message me on aim sometime. we can discuss gay.
Man you're so gay.

Also, I think you're going to end up maining Fox. You play him alot more anyways.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Just d.i. away from Fox's combos. It might save you from death.

To beat Fox you just knock him down and kill him. Read his techs and its over. Usmash is gay and overshoot dash attacks for free combos because the majority of Fox players have bad combo d.i.

100% edge-guard is needed to keep up with Fox's gay edge-guarding on you.
Oh I know the basics and all but its pretty rough.

I like edgeguarding foxes =D

unknown522

Some guy

i mostly just spam bair now and do d-throw regrab tech chases (just pay real close attention to his tech in place and you can start to get it. if they di behind you they usually tech in place
lol I was about to stop reading there. Tech patters vary from person to person + awareness and possibly level of skill.

Man you're so gay.

Also, I think you're going to end up maining Fox. You play him alot more anyways.
lol agreed. Especially if he wins vs one of us in tourney. Nuff said

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
lol I was about to stop reading there. Tech patters vary from person to person + awareness and possibly level of skill.
That's why you get good reflexes so you don't need any of this. But I fail so I need placebos.

What bernie doesn't realize is that nothing I do actually works.

We've been over this ryan. I'm terrible ^___^

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
pshhhhhhhh

i'm not being hard

i'm being realistic

i've never made it out of pools into bracket at a large event

i've only done good in teams with kage but anyone can be good with kage in teams

i'm actually really bad

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
pshhhhhhhh

i'm not being hard

i'm being realistic

i've never made it out of pools into bracket at a large event

i've only done good in teams with kage but anyone can be good with kage in teams

i'm actually really bad
psh David, just accpet that you amazing.
cause when we lose to you were gonna feel even more **** cause your saying your bad :(
ily =D

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
He's being dumb and emo and looking for sympathy. Don't let these vids fool you. He ***** me constantly and currently I have no idea how to beat him.

KK is smarter than me and edge-guards better than me. I duno why he's being so sad. He's top 10 in Canada and ***** us all the time.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
It's really easy to SDI the uair. You don't even need to time anything. Just slam left/right really fast like you're dash-dancing.

I've played quite a few people who SDI the uair at least 95% of the time.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
It's really easy to SDI the uair. You don't even need to time anything. Just slam left/right really fast like you're dash-dancing.

I've played quite a few people who SDI the uair at least 95% of the time.
Yes, but see, I fail. So for people like me it's more complicated.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Yes, but see, I fail. So for people like me it's more complicated.
You don't start hitting left/right early enough or you don't hit left/right fast enough? If it's the former there's not much you can do to decrease your reaction time (other than taking stimulants, which a lot of people use in tournaments), but if it's the latter, just practice dash-dancing in place stupidly fast. It's easier if you have a loose control stick, also.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
I time the SDI......but I am not that good at it either lol
Well timing it is good if you actually time something to that degree of precision. But doing the slam left / right method is not that bad. There are just 4 frames of hit stun for the first hit of the uair so to guarantee a successful SDI you need to hit left/right 15 times per second. This is hard but definitely not impossible, considering some people can do the Luigi tornado which takes 14 presses of B per second, and it is much harder to hit B rapidly than to hit left / right rapidly.

Plus you can still SDI the uair a high % of the time even if you don't do 15 inputs per second. Say you only do 10. Then every six frames you input left or right. The uair hit stun will occupy 4 frames at random. So you have a 67% chance to SDI the uair. That's still probably better than you could do trying to time it.

Go to this website and set the metronome to 220 bpm
http://webmetronome.com/

If you can input left / right twice for every beat, then you can SDI the uair 49% of the time. Everyone should be able to go this fast, easy. If you can input left / right three times per beat you can SDI the uair 73% of the time. If you can input left / right four times per beat you can SDI the uair 98% of the time.

EWC

Smash Ace
If you just do a quarter circle when you get hit, you can SDI the up-air 100% of the time.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
would it be bad if i just grabbed the joystick with my other hand and super mashed if i saw the uair coming?

(this is mostly a joke)

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
LOLOL at supermashing

i heard the harder you mash the farther away you are 'teleported' :/

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
I time it, and it works for me. Just d.i. the throw one way and smash d.i. the other. Its pretty easy if you get the timing down. Watch Fox's feet and start d.i.ing when he connects with your body.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
you smash DI just right or left, whatever the opposite is?

i remember i saw plank SDI fox's uair and then slap right after, so chinesahh's fox had to uthrow and nair/bair all the time. my hero <333

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
You can SDI uairs in Fox dittos -> shine.

Marth do it to fair, possibly dair. o_0

Samus somehow should be able to do it to charge shot. :laugh:

Fletch

Smash Master
Also: KirbyKaze is ****. Probably one of the gayest Sheiks out there if he plays well.
I like how Fox players can be too good, but when it's a character like Sheik, it's just gay.

Anyways, videos were awesome, especially that 2nd stock versus the Falco.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
you smash DI just right or left, whatever the opposite is?

i remember i saw plank SDI fox's uair and then slap right after, so chinesahh's fox had to uthrow and nair/bair all the time. my hero <333
<333333 adam

im going to a melee tournament tomorrow.. well melee+brawl

i may use sheik, but ill prolly use all fox, we'll see

ill see if i can get anything recorded for ya

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Your Link is really good. Make a video thread on the Link boards for the matches vs. you and PeterX. People need to see how good Links fight Falco. lol

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Your Link is really good. Make a video thread on the Link boards for the matches vs. you and PeterX. People need to see how good Links fight Falco. lol
yeah i did i like posted all my matches haha.

anyways gg.

waveshine is really gay, BUT LETS HAVE SEX IN MA AYYYYYYAS =D

Top Bottom