• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marijuana and the smash influence...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottSadistic

Smash Journeyman
ok so...me and my friend were playing smash...brawl...and well...this kid is a big pothead. but the thing is...he does MUCH better when he is high. why is this? does any body on here know why? its supposed to throw off your senses.

Blackadder

Smash Master
I knew it! =o

Weed makes you about 3827 times better at Smash!

This should be stapled down as the new Wavedashing!

ScottSadistic

Smash Journeyman
HA! wow. new wavedashing.
i asked him what it is...he said that it just makes it much easier to anticipate ppls moves...which does amek sense...considering that weed does hel pyou focus. i have only done it once, and its too long ago to remember

iankobe

Smash Lord
I wonder how you'd do while you're drunk...

Anyone ever tried it? Brawl while drunk? Throwing up on your Wii?

Dream Chaser

Smash Journeyman
Possibly if his (psychological) arousal is too high when playing normally. Does he make lots of mistakes when Playing normally?
Marijuana makes you more relaxed Im pretty sure, so that would lower the arousal and potentially more effective performance

This is a pretty odd topic.

bnestman

Smash Cadet
Yuup makes sense to me. I've done it loads of times. It's probably diffrent for everyone but for me its like everyone is in slow motion except me so I can see their attacks coming from a mile away so it's just way easier to react...puts you in the zone. It also works for me in Guitar Hero I'm playing at a fast speed but the notes are just like
...so easy to hit. As for being drunk...nope totally the opposite you just get really sloppy...

ScottSadistic

Smash Journeyman
Yuup makes sense to me. I've done it loads of times. It's probably diffrent for everyone but for me its like everyone is in slow motion except me so I can see their attacks coming from a mile away so it's just way easier to react...puts you in the zone. It also works for me in Guitar Hero I'm playing at a fast speed but the notes are just like
...so easy to hit. As for being drunk...nope totally the opposite you just get really sloppy...
THATS EXACTLY WHAT SHANE SAID WHEN I ASKED HIM!

he even brought up guitar hero. i mean he said just that! ha. wow.

Jael Irish

Smash Apprentice
I cant relate to weed but I am the drunk smasher, I play a kabillionzillion times better when I'm drinking then when I'm not. (Now would be one of those times.

cwjalex

Smash Journeyman
I have dozens of friends who also claim they play better when they are high. Weed tends to make you over-analyze every situation so perhaps it allows them to think of different things to do in a relaxed state of mind. Personally, when I'm high I play about as fast and as smart as your average level 9 cpu.

bnestman

Smash Cadet
Yea it definitly allows you to focus alot better. Haha thats funny he brought up guitar hero as well. Im surprised at people who play better drunk cause it just impairs for perception and judgement so much...then again when im drunk im like super pass out drunk so i just cannot play worth a ****.

Fonz

Smash Ace
I sometimes have more fun when I play drunk, but I don't know anyone who actually plays better drunk (even when they claim they do).

cwjalex

Smash Journeyman
I really dislike when threads go off topic and regret that I initiated this digression. I simply intended to add a sarcastic joke to create levity, I am by no means advocating drunk driving. I also tried to make the comparison that claiming you smash better drunk is similar to claiming you drive better drunk... but I guess it wasn't totally clear.

Back on topic... I really don't think being high "makes you better" like I hear my friends and other people say. There is not a single thing I do better when I'm high...except maybe consume large amounts of taco bell and funyions.

cwjalex

Smash Journeyman
you would be surprised how many people claim that they play better high or drunk

if you don't care to contribute to this discussion then why are you here

undeadkirby

Smash Cadet
remember kids, always get high before a match. seriously though my friends wont let me play smash against them drunk or high on something 'cause i DESTROY them :3

cwjalex

Smash Journeyman
My bad, I'm sorry I didn't recognize your name from the first page...my short term memory is shot haha

bnestman

Smash Cadet
Also, telling young children(which there are on the site) that smoking pot enhances there SSBB skills is a bad thing.
Sitting at home smoking pot and playing video games is probably one of the safest things for kids to do these days.

2spec

Smash Rookie
It depends on the person and how much he's smoking, right? personally i know there are times when i'm doing amazingly well, and times when its like argh, i can't react fast enough. -=P

sincityserious

Smash Apprentice
it depends on how you handle the high. bud(the word i like to call it) does increase the sensitivity of a lot of your senses; it also increases your heart-rate. for a lot of people, bud enhances thier concentration and they become more motivated to play--only true bud-smokers will understand what im talking about. however, there are a lot of seasoned smokers who play worse when they are stoned; it depends on the person. i, for one, can play better after a hit; but, give me a sip of beer and i'm hopeless lol.

FootFace

Smash Apprentice
Maybe, he PRETENDS to suck when you play him normally, then he PRETENDS to get high, then plays to his full potential so you will marvel at him

Highly Unlikely, but Possible

mangodurban

Smash Journeyman
When stoner (me) are not high we dont feel as relaxed and also are probably thinking about weed. Once high the weed is forgotten and sed stoner focuses all atention to the game at hand.

Ageman20XX

Smash Apprentice
I'm just as much of a pothead as anyone - nearly every night (actually, sometimes more) and I can completely agree with the OP. Pot (for some) can help you play better. Pot does not make you a better player - so obviously don't start doing pot just to get better at the game. But for most people who already smoke it they understand. Pot really chills you out and helps you focus a LOT. When I'm high, I'm able to better concentrate and in the end it helps my game a lot.

I think video games (Smash more specifically) are the only thing that pot makes me play better at. Games like Mario Galaxy, however, do not go well with pot. I get so confused...lol.

But yeah, I can totally understand where your friend is coming from. And for those who says he's faking it - how old are you, 12?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom