• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Boards: General Discussion

boss8

Smash Hero
yea like...

-walking away fsmash
-obv bair into shields
-reverse cape edgegrab
-etc....

i feel like every mario i play does the same thing....someone needs to switch it up..

prob the main reason some of u mario mains aren't going anywhere with the character....

its not mario's fault...but the player who welds him...

mario doesn't really have kill moves....i like to save my usmash,and rack dmg with other moves...

i've beaten plenty of so called (good players) with mario....

try something sexy like...jab jab>pivot charge Fsmash...

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Hoping & preying for all the east coast mario mains & their families during hurricane sandy.
a human life is way more important, then a home that will be destroyed by the hurricane.

:pow:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
So Ive been realizing that I never really get to use Mario in tournament matches or anything because I either use one of my mains (Bowser and Yoshi) or my secondary Luigi, and no MU really exists where Im not more comfortable with Mario over any of those 3. It kinda sucks cuz I like Mario. :/

The more I think about it, the more I realize how bad Mario really is, and it makes me quite sad, I REALLY hope they buff him a bunch for Smash 4.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I feel like Mario would have a much easier time against them, his toolkit makes not getting grabbed and separating them easy as hell. Not to mention gimping Nana (or both of them) is a breeze. Pretty much that matchup is played by using everything that Mario excels at and just sticking with that. It's essentially the Olimar matchup except you play way more passively until they Popo and Nana are apart or forced into the air in a bad position, which is a really easy place to rack up a ton of damage. Also, baiting their grabs is super easy and can net you an Fsmash.

Also, no ICs have much Mario experience so you can just go to down with Dair -> Footstool Nair and capestalling your landings to make them miss grabs. Randomly fludding when they approach can be hilarious because they try to dash grab and miss.

I know Hades loses to Ice Climbers in situations where I wouldn't and he's probably a better player than I am right now. I think Mario as a character just does really well against Ice Climbers, even at higher levels of play. Probably way better than Yoshi.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Lol hades is bad tho.

And Yoshi's egg lay alone makes him good against ICs. The egg lay out ranges everything ICs have bar blizzard and ice blocks and separates them (plus Nana doesnt mash out of the egg so shes there for 3 seconds every time), and with Yoshi's best aerial speed in the game, 6 jumps, and his super safe and long range aerial command grab allowing him to b reverse and such makes it near impossible for ICs to catch Yoshi. Eggs also separate ICs well due to it exploding AND having 2 hitboxes, meaning even if one IC power shields (both cant power shield at the same time as well ofc) the one that did powershield still takes shield damage AND it has a chance to shield poke nana. The only problem for Yoshi is killing, and if Yoshi does separate the two, Yoshi has GR > usmash on popo to kill with. Also, if he is up close for some reason or is in the air, nair and bair naturally separate ICs so that works as well. Another cool trick is if you egg lay either IC during their up b, the other one just goes into special fall, loses upwards momentum and dies, so running offstage and egg laying towards the ledge as they up b can result in an easy kill if it works haha.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Well its even so yeah haha.

And Im not saying Yoshi is better than Mario at it, Im just saying theyre similar ratio wise, and since Im better with Yoshi than I am Mario, I use Yoshi for it.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Lol, Im done talking about Yoshi and I didnt mean to make him the new topic xD

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
and with Yoshi's best aerial speed in the game, 6 jumps, and his super safe and long range aerial command grab allowing him to b reverse and such makes it near impossible for ICs to catch Yoshi.
Can you explain the 6 jumps?

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Lol hades is bad tho.
Oh please.

Xero I'm just really bad at the IC's matchup. I think i figured it out in tournament last weekend when I lost game 1 to roller miserably then came back to 2 stock him both games 2 and 3. You just jump from ledge to ledge throwing eggs and yoshi 2 good T.T

The 6 jumps thing is a joke though.

Top Bottom