• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Boards: General Discussion

UberMario

Smash Master
I'd also be interested in seeing what would happen if you made his fireballs very fast (limit of two onscreen at a time) just like in the games.
Actually, in most games they only move as fast as he can run (SMB, SMB3, SMW, pretty sure there are others), then again, they did make him run slower in the Smash games.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Actually, in most games they only move as fast as he can run (SMB, SMB3, SMW, pretty sure there are others), then again, they did make him run slower in the Smash games.
Yeah, I just mean bringing the fireballs to the classic game speed (two at a time). Real fast with infinite range, similar to Falco's laser. I'm pretty sure it'd be broken, but I'd just like to see what kind of crazy approaches you could make with it.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
The best reset ever.

I watched this when it first came out on Waffles channel, still lolz to this day. :laugh:

Yeah, I just mean bringing the fireballs to the classic game speed (two at a time). Real fast with infinite range, similar to Falco's laser. I'm pretty sure it'd be broken, but I'd just like to see what kind of crazy approaches you could make with it.
That sounds like something the Brawl- boys could break into. (smirk)

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Letting Mario glide with the cape would be like giving a jetpack to a velociraptor. It would be complete awesomeness and ****.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
September 4th is HOBO 27 and im teaming with a mario for low tier teams. Any advice or tricks i should know about? Maybe some vids of a mario in a LT tourney match?

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
September 4th is HOBO 27 and im teaming with a mario for low tier teams. Any advice or tricks i should know about? Maybe some vids of a mario in a LT tourney match?
That depends on which character you pick. Mario specializes in dealing damage and gimping. Ideally, you should support him with someone who hits hard and can bring in the early kills. I recommend Lucas, but Ike and Jiggs might work just as well. Samus runs the risk of friendly fire, and doesn't compliement Mario's strengths.

Famous

Smash Champion
Mario and Samus is a bad team imo...As long as your partner has good chemistry with you then you could pull it off...

They have no combos...unless your shooting charged shots at an opponent in the middle of a stage, they dodge, and Mario capes it back doing double damage...

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
mario and samus are more of support characters I don't think they would work good togetr maybe have samus stand back and spam and have mario deal people who tries to approach

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Samus is a mediocre partner in general who has trouble supporting her teammate.

Mario however is one of her best teammates in low tiers. He avoids her projectiles very easily, and can do a solid job of scoring the KOs the team needs.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
I still say stick with Lucas. Big KO moves, two spikes, pk thunder helps gimp, and stray fireballs can be absorbed. Lots of ways to complement each other there.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
I think your name is ironic given the statement.

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
Mario and Samus can do fairly well granted both players are competent. Samus is more the supporting role gathering damage from afar, but her main damage rackers, missles and her zair, tend to hinder teammates to a degree. Mario can simply cape missles to avoid the damage but that leaves him open and also he can't cape a zair.
What i do like about this team though is that both characters are very good gimpers, perhaps best of the low tiers.

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
3des and myself(Lucas and Mario) tend to do well in doubles :]

Notable tournament wins are against DSF/Ajax(2-1), Taking DSF/Tyrant to game 3 (1-2), Taking Tyrant/Havok to game 3 (1-2), and then placing 2nd place at a local losing to Futile/Blitz(when the game first came out :p)

Mario_ 101

Smash Ace
You fail!!!
K. no u.

lolz. The game is unbalanced and you're just choosing to lose by using a bad character. I learned that the hard way. Plus i think videogames are kind of a waste of time nowadays. IMO it's an addiction. Like a drug.

I think your name is ironic given the statement.
Yeah I'm too lazy to change my name. Last time i checked they did allow people to change their usernames on this site, but it was required that you pay money. -_-
Like I said above I'm a different person now than I was almost a year ago. Some of the stuff I've said and done before my change is painful now for me to look at.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
I disagree. A skilled Mario is pretty **** against all but four characters (MK, GW, Chaingrab, and Chaingrab), and even then, the matches are winnable. With ZSS and Luigi as backup, no single character can wreck me.

Also, I have to mention that it's contradictory to say that video games are a waste of time, yet spend time on a forum talking about video games.

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
Its true they are Drugs

My Wii is my Wiid

My DS IS MY refer

my 64 witch I love the most is my crack

Alltogether its crystal mef

*sniff*

I can't help it

SKidd