• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Boards: General Discussion

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
@Fromundaman: Some dummy sold you an xbox 360 elite for $150?!?! I understand that he needed the money & all, but dang, I would of sold it wayyy more then 150 bucks.
Yeah, it was a damn good deal for me. The reason is he collects exotic animals, and he needed 150 to get a snake (I think it was a boa constrictor?), and apparently it was only going to be available that day.

Calebyte

Smash Lord
Guys, I've been honing my b-reversals today, and I was wondering if anyone has ever looked into b-reversed fireballs as a form of momentum canceling? When you b-reverse a fireball in the direction you're already traveling in--from backwards jump for instance--Mario stops moving in that direction and sometimes pops back slightly. Thoughts? Apologies if this is old, etc.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Guys, I've been honing my b-reversals today, and I was wondering if anyone has ever looked into b-reversed fireballs as a form of momentum canceling? When you b-reverse a fireball in the direction you're already traveling in--from backwards jump for instance--Mario stops moving in that direction and sometimes pops back slightly. Thoughts? Apologies if this is old, etc.
I'm not sure if I'm getting this. Normally when you get hit you're facing the stage. So wouldn't you b-reverse towards the death line? Speaking of that, I haven't done a lot of b reverse fireballs. Gonna work on that to escape juggles.

Calebyte

Smash Lord
Yes, you would b-reverse towards the death line. Do you guys know what I'm talking about? You do a backflip and then b-reverse in the direction of the backflip. You should pop backwards in the opposite direction you were traveling. It doesn't seem to always work either, I only get it when I'm traveling fairly horizontally.

2fast

Smash Journeyman
I get what your saying. I've never really tried that but it sounds like that may possible. Of course since your using neutral B you'll have to bust off an aerial first like with G&W's bucket breaking.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I looked into it Caleb, the advantages are minimal, it doesn't really do anything to avoid death that jumping wouldn't already do for you.

EDIT: Actually maybe I'm just confused as to what you were saying, but I just thought of a way that might make it work. I don't exactly have brawl to test it though. I would probably know if I had played the game lately.

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
I think if it helped, other characters that could B-reversal would have already discovered it by now. Most notably Snake players, since a lot more people play him and his metagme is a lot more advance than ours. Also, he has TWO b moves that can be wavebounced. Not to mention that he already lives to crazy percents without it....

2fast

Smash Journeyman
Yea I was testing the whole b-reverse to survive thing and it really doesn't do much better than just momentum cancel ----> jump.

vato_break

Smash Master
Yea I was testing the whole b-reverse to survive thing and it really doesn't do much better than just momentum cancel ----> jump.
This is to escape juggles not to survive. Also i would like to add that a full charged fludd+jump/B-reversal will help to escape juggles at times as well. Fludd does give a signnifigant push in the air afterall.

2fast

Smash Journeyman
This is to escape juggles not to survive. Also i would like to add that a full charged fludd+jump/B-reversal will help to escape juggles at times as well. Fludd does give a signnifigant push in the air afterall.
I know that but Caleb was talking about how we may be able to use b-reversal as a form of momentum cancel which I tested and it didn't make much of a difference.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Yes, you would b-reverse towards the death line. Do you guys know what I'm talking about? You do a backflip and then b-reverse in the direction of the backflip. You should pop backwards in the opposite direction you were traveling. It doesn't seem to always work either, I only get it when I'm traveling fairly horizontally.
I've tried this. You're talking about a momentum shift, and it actually doesn't work when you get knocked away like that for some reason.

B-reversing to escape juggles is well worth the practice.

It is extremely good.
This X1000. It's so good.

That and SH B-reverse fireball Dsmash when you space it right.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I tested this and the momentum mechanics of ALL of Mario's specials extensively a ways back. It's a futile pursuit in short and only makes you die faster for trying.

Just stick to DI, aerials, and fastfalling. You're plenty heavy enough to make an impact if you aren't horrible at managing KO moves.

I like B reverse fireballs for "fake" approaches. People will react to an approaching Mario defensively expecting him to B-air, but if you B reverse fireball, it's completely safe, if kinda low reward.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Is there any reward for it? I mean, yeah, you get away, but you get fireball lag for something that won't hit.

Also, I went from Full Beard to Zappa-stache just in time to visit family and Christmas pictures. Awww yeah!

And now, off to Florida.

Allied

Smash Master
hello fellow mario mains

merry christmas

i love you guys my fellow brothers

hope you all are having a great time

<3

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Heh, no one mentioned any names yet (wouldn't be allowed to tell you if they did), but I already know who probably will get it and who I will suggest (And no, I don't suggest myself when I suggest mods, although I wouldn't have minded doing it for this board or especially the Kirby boards. Nominating oneself is bad form though.), but we'll see.

Right now it *seems* pretty much guaranteed there will be a new one though.

lilchrome850

Smash Rookie
Smashboards Name: LilChrome850 (LC)
Birthday: September 28th, 1989 (Libra)
Height and Weight: 5"9 230 pounds
Current Location Gainesville
System you own: N64, Nintendo DSi, Wii, Gamecube
Last couple of games you played aside from Brawl: Udraw Other M
Smash Rival: Ryo

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
Here's what I'd like to see in our next moderator:

- Active, cause we all like active people.
- Been here for a while, cause don't need another person that's been here for a day and just kissed up too much.
- Mario Main, not necessarily, but we all know what happen when a random Ness main was given to us.
- Doesn't expect us to contact him when needed, he should already be here.
- Does his job, instead of stalking me >.>
- Not A2Z... gets too emotional :p

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
So does that mean I can toss my "No Mad, No Strake" pickit signs?
Haha, he actually agreed that Mario boards need a new mod.

Also, I 100% agree with the 1st 3 of your list.
I would add that I also expect a mod to have and continue to contribute. If the person contributes, it gives a good reason to respect him and helps ensure that the person stays active.

Top Bottom