• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Boards: General Discussion

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
WE CRUSH YOSHI, 60:40 mario advantage. The basic things are we cape the eggs so he can't camp. We crush every approach of his with an up-b which goes through b-air and everything he has. Grounded fireball spacing makes it so he can't grab us ever. We can gimp him fairly easily as well. This is just a basic overview of the MU. I would put the MU at +3 for me but to be fair I'll put it at +2 for all the Marios.

I can argue about this MU all day since it is literally my best MU with Mario out there. Me and my friend Smokey be goin at it with Mario vs Yoshi a lot. He completely agrees with me on the MU as well. The point is to make Yoshi approach you with proper grounded fireball spacing and knock him away with up-b. You just need to react to the startup of his moves like b-air and such and just up-b them away.
LOL $100 MM Apex Ruleset please.

I'll accept MMs all day against Yoshis. Yoshi can't make Mario approach at all. Fireballs beat eggs, Yoshis got nothing to make Mario approach. A long with fludd beats eggs lmao we can push yoshi off the stage if he's trying to camp on one side.

I'm probably about to spark a pretty big arguement here.
Nah, just a lot of free revenue. :)

I'll have Delta look at this when he signs on aim/fb. He will probably want to MM you.
DON'T BOTHER.

btw Yoshi definitely beats Mario. Grounded fireball isn't too threatening and gets beat out by Bair rushing in general.

I'm not 100% sure if I'm going to Apex but after I see how I do at the next MD/VA tourney I'll decide if I should go but if I do I'll happilly accept this.

I'll take any yoshi, even the top.

I'll MM any yoshi any price. If a Yoshi wants to come and MM me for $100 I would accept it. I'm that confident. I'll get matches recorded and show you guys how bad I believe the MU is.
Please do.

2fast

Smash Journeyman
Nah, just a lot of free revenue. :)
For me :D

Two $100 MMs though...that's a lot. I'll see how much money I bring to Apex but I may have to split it into two $50 or $75 MMs.

And bair rushing won't help against grounded fireballs. It's already been tried against me and I've adapted to getting around that.

smokey da bear

Smash Apprentice
WE CRUSH YOSHI, 60:40 mario advantage. The basic things are we cape the eggs so he can't camp. We crush every approach of his with an up-b which goes through b-air and everything he has. Grounded fireball spacing makes it so he can't grab us ever. We can gimp him fairly easily as well. This is just a basic overview of the MU. I would put the MU at +3 for me but to be fair I'll put it at +2 for all the Marios.

I can argue about this MU all day since it is literally my best MU with Mario out there. Me and my friend Smokey be goin at it with Mario vs Yoshi a lot. He completely agrees with me on the MU as well. The point is to make Yoshi approach you with proper grounded fireball spacing and knock him away with up-b. You just need to react to the startup of his moves like b-air and such and just up-b them away.
mario butt f***s the sh** out of yoshi. he kills our egg game on ledge with water, his up b resets his position and stops our combos and some approaches, his cape prevents us from egg camping from far away but that doesnt even matter cause his fireballs kill our approaches and shut down camping and tongue (both pivot grab and neutral b when a fire ball is comin at you or hes campin fire fireballs) mario combos us better than we do him - ive battled 2fast for years and mario MU is 1 of my best and its still bad for yoshi

smokey da bear

Smash Apprentice
For me :D

Two $100 MMs though...that's a lot. I'll see how much money I bring to Apex but I may have to split it into two $50 or $75 MMs.

And bair rushing won't help against grounded fireballs. It's already been tried against me and I've adapted to getting around that.
you cant just go to apex to battle yoshi - your good aginst yoshi but not good enough for apex

2fast

Smash Journeyman
mario butt f***s the sh** out of yoshi. he kills our egg game on ledge with water, his up b resets his position and stops our combos and some approaches, his cape prevents us from egg camping from far away but that doesnt even matter cause his fireballs kill our approaches and shut down camping and tongue (both pivot grab and neutral b when a fire ball is comin at you or hes campin fire fireballs) mario combos us better than we do him - ive battled 2fast for years and mario MU is 1 of my best and its still bad for yoshi
^this.

The MU is one of those things which is awful but not many people know that.

you cant just go to apex to battle yoshi - your good aginst yoshi but not good enough for apex
Ya, but if I can make a free $200+ than I'll be goin.

Btw to be clear, I accept Delta's $100 MM.

smokey da bear

Smash Apprentice
I would put the MU at +3 for me but to be fair I'll put it at +2 for all the Marios.
-.- dont be serious its only -2

lmao

Mario making Yoshi approach.

Don't make me laugh.

Also I'd love to see you try Up-B shenangans against me, lol. You'll learn just how hard Yoshi can punish.
have you ever played this MU with mario usin fireballs?
Lol, if you can't get a lead, then hell yes you have to approach.

And if you're going to Apex, $20 bo5, let's go.
no his fireballs stop almost everything so yoshis only option is to play well, know hitboxes for mario and yoshi, and know fireballs have no priority but come to fast to stop our camping

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Fireballs aren't... good...

Seriously I feel like I just went back and looked at the yoshi vs mario mu thread from 2008.

2fast

Smash Journeyman
Using any aerial moves to beat fireballs usually doesn't even work. It's just to easy to react with a shield than an up-b. Mindgaming and jabbing fireballs are really the only way.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
DON'T BOTHER.

btw Yoshi definitely beats Mario. Grounded fireball isn't too threatening and gets beat out by Bair rushing in general.
I forgot that you normally check this thread for amusement. Please put some egotistical Mario's in their place more often. Also I'll be back for thanksgiving break. We will smash during that time.

Actually just be here more often.

2fast

Smash Journeyman
My ego probably needs to be deflated but I've played against Yoshi for to long for that to happen unless Delta or any yoshi just ***** the balls off of me. Flameleon said he thinks he can beat any D3 and I think I can beat any Yoshi, simple as that. Besides, Deltas confident he'll win so were both confident here.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
My ego probably needs to be deflated but I've played against Yoshi for to long for that to happen unless Delta or any yoshi just ***** the balls off of me. Flameleon said he thinks he can beat any D3 and I think I can beat any Yoshi, simple as that. Besides, Deltas confident he'll win so were both confident here.
I wish delta had a sick D3 to shut up flameleon. I would laugh at it. I'm fine with Atomsk or Coney doing a $100 MM.

I'm thinking of sidebetting on Delta in this MM. Any takers?

smokey da bear

Smash Apprentice
advantages for yoshi
- jab, bair, nair, u-smash, and f-smash beat fireballs
- combos better in air
- kills easier
disadvantages
- mario juggles well
- mario out camps yoshi
- mario shuts down ground and tongue game with fireballs
- forces yoshi to attack from the air making it easy to read him
- mario shuts down egg game completly
- mario gimps yoshi easier
- mario defeats yoshis options on the edge pretty badly
- up-b stops yoshi from stayin in marios face and from some approaches

smokey da bear

Smash Apprentice
Smokey if you and 2fast go to apex you wanna sidebet against me? I got $20 on delta.

:phone:
my mom wouldnt even dream of lettin me go to apex since i would have to miss a day of school to do the whole thing and i also dont have the money right now to get there and back =( but if 2fast goes ill give him my sidebet money of $20

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I forgot that you normally check this thread for amusement. Please put some egotistical Mario's in their place more often. Also I'll be back for thanksgiving break. We will smash during that time.

Actually just be here more often.
That I do. <3

YESSSSSSS I MISS YOU.

And you'll be around more? Why? Not that I'm sad about it, just wondering what the change is for.

Also wtf 20 dollars only? GOT NO FAITH IN ME BRO.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
That I do. <3

YESSSSSSS I MISS YOU.

And you'll be around more? Why? Not that I'm sad about it, just wondering what the change is for.

Also wtf 20 dollars only? GOT NO FAITH IN ME BRO.
I go to school in VA and not even the part that has any possible activity. Also I left my controller in NJ so I can't even go to a tourney if I wanted to (although I have my own car). By be here I meant in the thread. You are awesome and your posts here generally make me laugh.

Also I'm sorry for showing such little faith. Smokey, how much are you willing to put on 2fast?

Also LMFAO at you sigging the MM accept.

EDIT: Delta text me. I got a new phone and I lost your number.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Hive mind indeed.

Also I really love the whole "Oh you disagree with me CLEARLY you have no experience against a decent mario", lol.

Apex has, what, 11 legal stages? hope you enjoy getting 3-stocked 6 times.

vato_break

Smash Master
if i get a job this month i will go forsure! ^.^ the last one was fun, though i dont remember much due to large amounts of alcohol and cannibus, but it was definately fun!

btw guys gunna make a video on some ideas i have on improving marios metagame, its not much but, maybe it will help some of you guys out..maybe idk lol

2fast

Smash Journeyman
Ugh, 2fast is so stupid, he doesn't even know if he's ****ing going to APEX

smh
If I'm going to have two $100 MMs set up than I'm most likely going to go. I'll just need to talk with other MD/VA players about getting a ride up there.

I clicked this like an hour ago. 2FAST 10 DOLLAR MM AT APEX?
Sure, I remember a long time ago when me n you played on wifi xD. I'll accept this MM as well. As long as you wanna MM as Yoshi and not MK lol.

Back in the old days, Mario would be using yoshi just to get extra jumps, leaving yoshi to fall into pit of lava. When Apex comes around we'll see if Yoshis on top this time.

Delta, would you agree to best 5 out of 7? I also want to have this recorded to show the MU. Whether I'm right or wrong about it.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Apparently Mario players hate Yoshi now.

HADESBLADE I CHALLENGE YOU TO A $5 UMvC3 MONEY MATCH. IF I WIN MARIO BEATS YOSHI, IF YOU WIN YOSHI BEATS MARIO.

That should about settle that.

I'd MM him in smash but I don't even play that game. Not a very fun thing to play when I could be playing other stuff.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Lmao...some Yoshi's bout to lose a lot of money...

Get 'im 2Fast!

Inferno, I'll put 20 on 2Fast vs Delta. Heretic Marios need their faith renewed, son.

Btw, I'm accepting yoshi MMs up to 20 dollars from anyone who's not Hadesblade, Polt, or Delta.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
I do agree with 2fast that Mario destroys Yoshi. This is (or was, he kinda quit) one of my most often played matchups. Fireballs really are a huge problem for Yoshi, as they are forced to jump or jab every time. From there, Mario can employ any zoning strategy he wants, or just throw more fireballs. I would be hesitant to put a sidebet on for the mere fact that Delta Cod is a pretty skilled player. You gotta be an absolute stud to place on the NJ Power Rankings.

Top Bottom