• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Boards: General Discussion

Flameleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Valthiel_Malus
-I have some 0 to 60% combo strings specially for Mk's, but only if i can setup it, haha, also, Mk is hard but not THAT hard...actually, Mario doesn't have a REALLY hard MU, because, there are some MU's that could be like that but there's always something that give us some kind of advantage, unique advantage, not that relevant but it could be the light that we need to find to get out of that dark tunnel...want examples.?

Mk: our upB>theirs on contact, cape>all his B's
D3: it's Uair, cape>his UpB
Falco: The legendary Fireball(throw one-bait a reflector-cape while it's being reflected-profit, air camping(fireballz, cape)>his camp, chaingrab from 0% to anything u get if you're lucky
Marth: gimping, Fsmash(like for ex: upangled>his Fair)
Olimar: Fludd>almost all of his pikmenz, cape>whistle, groundedDair to Dsmash
Snake: everthing if you're creative, have fast reaction and if you're brave
Diddy: fireballz, gimps, WE have advantage here...really, i promise
Ic: gay camping>IC
G&w: speed, combos
Pikachu: cape ****(caping when he's using thunder to himself), k.o potential, range
Wario: spacing, range, priority, air release-fsmash
Lucario: Fludd, cape, speed

and many others...-

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Honestly, I'd rather FLUDD MK's B-moves than cape. It's safer and can still lead to gimps. Caping Shuttle loop on a read feels great though. Can you really GR > Fsmash on Wario? I never knew that. Does is have to be angled? Olimar and Diddy are both definitely doable MUs. Gimping Marth is fun because part of the reason it happens is because they're bad :bee:

steep

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure you can't force an air release on Wario because Mario's too short… lol but you'd have to ask a Wario main for sure though. I believe they only air release if they press up or jump or something as they try to break out. You can force it if they don't have ground below them I believe though (ex: grabbing him at the edge of platforms or at the edge of the stage)

EDIT: My source is from fighting Krystedez and asking him about it when I tried to grab release him and he didn't air release...

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
You can't force the air release. I've played the MU enough to know.

Also any advice on jabbing from a true pivot? I'm trying to work on my jablock consistency.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
You can force the air release on the ledge of the stage or a platform though im pretty sure. Good luck grabbing him there though.

Flameleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Valthiel_Malus
-You can force an airrelease like this:

1.-Making an air release by using techs: if u can catch the enemy while he's mashing a button, remember that there's a window for buffering inputs, if you grab him and u're sure that he was inputing something, just hold it without hitting him, he may get air released from the grab and then, just use a UpangledFsmash to finish him or anything u want.
2.-Forcing the enemy to be air released: just keep pummeling him, if he gets scared at the damage(since our pummel does 3%) he will try to release from it and that will trigger the air release.
3.-Keeping Wario at least a little above the ground: you can do this by holding him on the ledge of a stage or you can use slopes, like on lylat, yoshi island, 2nd part of frigate, etc to do that, try to find all those places and just lure him to be on your zone, so, u can grab him and if he's in midair while grabbed, you will get the air release 100% of the times, just don't pummel or try to do it but figure the time when he's gonna get released, so he can go in the air and not in the ground...-

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Yoshi still sux in comparison to Mario. And lol @ me being salty. U kno everybody hates Yoshi for a reason.

:059:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
U kno everybody hates Yoshi for a reason.
They hate him because he's actually good.

Average smasher's thoughts when about to play Yoshi: ****, looks like imma have to play this annoying *** character...
Average smasher's thoughts when about to play Mario: Freeeeeeeee

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
There's only like...7 "good" characters in this game, lol.
Woah, calm down there boy, Yoshi isnt even NEAR top 7, you need to back up and reevaluate your stance on him. He's a solid mid AT BEST.

Top Bottom