• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Boards: General Discussion

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
lol cookie cutter mario....

i think my mario is pretty legit...though i use luigi more them him,doesnt mean im not good wit mario...

ask midwest about my mario...aka god kais.. xD
You've still got the best Mario, imo.

Flameleon at a close second. Everyone else gets fuzzy. 2Fast, ThatGuy, Xero or Kirin are prolly next.

This is just going by seeing vids n stuff. I've only ever fought 2Fast and Boss...shoulda played Kirin at pound.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
You've still got the best Mario, imo.

Flameleon at a close second. Everyone else gets fuzzy. 2Fast, ThatGuy, Xero or Kirin are prolly next.

This is just going by seeing vids n stuff. I've only ever fought 2Fast and Boss...shoulda played Kirin at pound.
School has been making me fade pretty hard. Haven't played since my last tournament. A bit frustrating to say the least.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
lol cookie cutter mario....

i think my mario is pretty legit...though i use luigi more them him,doesnt mean im not good wit mario...

ask midwest about my mario...aka god kais.. xD
Infern

Also, Steep do you want this sig? I had made it as a homework assignment and now that I've completed it, I have no clue as to what I should do with it. I don't main Mario. lol

I can change the Mario to Steep if you'd like.

steep

Smash Lord
YESSSSS that's awesome!

And if you wouldn't mind changing it to say steep instead of mario that would be even MOAR AWESOME!

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
What's up y'all....how was your weekends?

@Boss: I'm still a fan of your mario & how sick you play with him.
as long you still main the bros, you're alright with me. ;)

as for me. I'm working hard to reach & grab the higher power with mario.
I feel that i've gotten more better as of late....thanks to playing legit players (a.k.a. top tiers)
I can be like gohan (super saiyan) when he fought cell. (Don't make me mad or i'll unleash my hidden mario powers.) xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbRoGT5NlLk&feature=endscreen&NR=1 <--

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Lol, I read all those comments and actually thought you seriously had Smash 4 footage for a second lmao.

steep

Smash Lord
Lol, I read all those comments and actually thought you seriously had Smash 4 footage for a second lmao.
Silly Fkuttershy. We are never serious here on the Mario boards.

EDIT: -Dib- is there any way I can make my signature picture smaller so it fits as a sig?

Flameleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Valthiel_Malus
flames mario may be better then mine....but eh....
-I'm underated because people still think that i'm a wifi Mario, they don't care about me because i'm not from U.S, and just for that, i can't havethat tourney attendance like most Marios and since i'm a Ltier, other pros doesn't really mind about me, but, in fact, some people believe in my skills and do think that i can really give Mario the place that he deserves in the eyes of everyone, just for that, i still keep trying to improve everytime until i reach a level that no one has ever gotten before, it takes years and many other things to accomplish that, but, i've lived so many experiences with Brawl as a Mario, that, when i finally got the chance to go to a big tourney in the U.S, i'll prove not to everyone but to myself, that i can lead the way of Mario.

In the end, it's what everyone of us accomplish with Mario what matters, we may be different, skillwise or stuff like that, but in the end we're the same...Marios -

Inferno3044

Smash Master
-I'm underated because people still think that i'm a wifi Mario, they don't care about me because i'm not from U.S, and just for that, i can't havethat tourney attendance like most Marios and since i'm a Ltier, other pros doesn't really mind about me, but, in fact, some people believe in my skills and do think that i can really give Mario the place that he deserves in the eyes of everyone, just for that, i still keep trying to improve everytime until i reach a level that no one has ever gotten before, it takes years and many other things to accomplish that, but, i've lived so many experiences with Brawl as a Mario, that, when i finally got the chance to go to a big tourney in the U.S, i'll prove not to everyone but to myself, that i can lead the way of Mario.

In the end, it's what everyone of us accomplish with Mario what matters, we may be different, skillwise or stuff like that, but in the end we're the same...Marios -
I wanna see tourneys results from you. You talk a big game, but with that I expect high placements. Feel free to show me some of your tourney results.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
The thing is, you can just look at Flame's Mario and tell that he's on another level. Tourney results are great, but he simply plays a lot more effectively than most Marios.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
The thing is, you can just look at Flame's Mario and tell that he's on another level. Tourney results are great, but he simply plays a lot more effectively than most Marios.
I highly agree with this.

I'm willing & working hard to reach the same goal flame is working for....
and give mario the place he deserves. in my eyes, mario isn't Ltier.
I just need to show up to more tourneys to prove that to everyone.

:mario2: <---Metaknight with fireballs

Inferno3044

Smash Master
You have to take the level of the opponents into context though. I played some brawl last year in my dorm and I looked REALLY good because only one person was able to possibly beat my Mario. I didn't even go serious most of the time. I used Sonic, Pit, and DK against them for fun. I even won with ROB and I dont remember ever touching that character. I just said to myself "To the ledge Chibosempai!"

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
I'm pretty darn sure there are lots of legit/good players in mexico that flame goes up against when he goes to tourneys.

I think flame can do damage if he comes to the u.s and play against top level players, mid-tier & up.
I won't be shock either.

:smash:

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
But that's a subjective view. Personally, I didn't think he looked great.
True, it's a matter of opinion. I'm basing my thoughts on Flame's Mario on what I see from him compared to what I see from other Marios. Outside a select few, there's no contest between Flame's Mario and the rest out currently, imo.

You have to take the level of the opponents into context though. I played some brawl last year in my dorm and I looked REALLY good because only one person was able to possibly beat my Mario. I didn't even go serious most of the time. I used Sonic, Pit, and DK against them for fun. I even won with ROB and I dont remember ever touching that character. I just said to myself "To the ledge Chibosempai!"
But in a lot of Flame's offline vids, he's not fighting scroobs.

That's neither here nor there, though. I'm talking about options he chooses rather than how good his Mario looks vs some players. Every vid I see, it's consistently smart option choice and execution...yeah, that can be manipulated (by never putting up bad vids or whatever), but from what I've seen, his Mario looks extremely legit.

Flameleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Valthiel_Malus
-Right now, i've started my training again, since i will attend a national tourney in around 2 weeks, Tkd probably will be there, so, i'll be sure to play against him and record matches(I don't like Mario vs Fox MU, it's like 4-6 but it's hard anyways), and well, let's see what happens...

There are some things that make a difference in the skills of a player, for example, a pro Lucas, will be using wavebounces everywhere, it's rather easy to see the difference between an average one and a pro, in the case of Mario, what do you guyz think that makes the difference.? i'll tell you what...just by not playing like in the past 08-09's, if you start by doing that, you're in the right way, with some time and effort, you'll develop your own advanced playstyle, a complex one, not just by using Bair-Uair all day...remember that you have fireballz, that's one of the key of success...-

Inferno3044

Smash Master
You mind linking the results to that tourney when it's done?

EDIT: Also I agree with Flame. We have kept spouting the same **** over again (about how Mario is a completely defensive character, throwing out bairs and uairs, etc.) and look where that has brought us. Mario used to be above Ness, Lucas, Sonic, and Yoshi. Their metagames have improved while ours hasn't. Don't say "Ness has FOW, Yoshi has Polt/Delta, etc." We need to find a new way of playing Mario. Maybe playing with Mario offensively is the way to go.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Yoshi/Sonic ARE better than Mario though without question imo. Ness I think Mario can be pretty equal with, but Mario > Lucas imo.

BSP

Smash Legend
I took over the tournaments results thread

It's pretty empty. The younger brother is ahead of Mario XD

I'll go Mario in tournament more, and get my replays recorded.

Top Bottom