• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Boards: General Discussion

TMario

Smash Apprentice
Really? I think Kirin did a great job on that second match. Falco is one tough s.o.b.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
He did play better in the 2nd round no doubt.
I've seen better from kirin, this is not one of them.

I like how he sdi tech falco's cg spike tho.
And yes, falco can be difficult for mario to win against, unfortunately.

"When there's a will, there's a way."

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Agreed. oos nair or up-tilt is dope against falco.
oos nair for the knock back, up-tilt for a combo startup. (Low percentages)

I do like using mario's nair oos at high/kill %
It's like using marth's up-b oos, but marth's up-b oos is more guarantee to kill then mario's nair oos.

oh yea, i'll give all the credit to kirin. it takes a man to main mario. :laugh:

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
You're right, matador, Just by watching the video over again.
I'm just use to see kirin goin ham with mario every time back in the day.

Other story: so today i played in a wi-fail tournament. I placed 3rd out of 28 people using all mario. -_^♭

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
I think you need a USB loader. Google it and i'm sure you'll learn everything from there.

EDIT: Just call nintendo and tell them about your lens on not reading disks.
First repair is FREE of charge. it'll take a week or two to get yer wii back tho.
Side note: Make sure that wii has no "homebrew history"

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
don't think usb loader has anything to do with loading a backup disk..
You should get one anyway, tbh. Just in case your Wii ends up like everyone else's and stops reading discs, you can count on it to always read Brawl from a back-up hard drive or something. Either way, it'd still solve your problem.

BSP

Smash Legend
My wii's disc drive started screwing up about 2 years ago. Ninty fixed it, but I hope it doesn't break again :L Maybe I should look into USB loader just in case too.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
happy belated b-day, jux.

Matador, it's because mario has little to no rep in tourney. :l
It's 2012 now, some of us evolve heavenly with mario and need to showcase that inperson.

steep

Smash Lord
Hey guys! It's been a while! Thanks for the birthday wishes, and yeah Xero we did hang out for a long time! lol I didn't go to bed until 6:30 AM that night… It was a blast. We should play a lot next week too since I will be in your hometown all week! I need to start going to more tourneys too… I have been working hard on Mario and I think I can do better in tourney than I have been doing…

Also, I watched the vid of Kirin vs BC… That first game was painful… He was trying to play so aggressive. And it really didn't pay off at all… Second game he did much better but he still made a lot of mistakes in terms of trying to force kill moves to land, such as all those times when he dsmashed his shield and got usmashed for it. I feel like after the first time that happened he should have realized that it wouldn't work and stayed away from that option. I feel like he should have mixed in some more defensive and zoning strategies. He started to in game 2, but I still feel he played too aggressively, especially considering how consistently BC was blocking everything he threw at him. Maybe some more defensive strategies would have thrown his blocking rhythm off and then he could have gone in. Who knows?

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Steep do you have Skype? We have a Mario chat that sometimes talks about stuff, I'm sure you'd like to be a part of it.

THAT GOES FOR THE REST OF YOU TOO.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Also, I watched the vid of Kirin vs BC… That first game was painful… He was trying to play so aggressive. And it really didn't pay off at all… Second game he did much better but he still made a lot of mistakes in terms of trying to force kill moves to land, such as all those times when he dsmashed his shield and got usmashed for it. I feel like after the first time that happened he should have realized that it wouldn't work and stayed away from that option. I feel like he should have mixed in some more defensive and zoning strategies. He started to in game 2, but I still feel he played too aggressively, especially considering how consistently BC was blocking everything he threw at him. Maybe some more defensive strategies would have thrown his blocking rhythm off and then he could have gone in. Who knows?
Falco wins close and far away pretty decisively. The only way Mario wins vs Falco is to take the initiative and set the pace himself, which can only be done through zoning pressure or playing aggressively.

Kirin's mistakes in that set were tiny, player v player related ones. Unfortunately, it only takes a few mistakes to lose to Falco as Mario.

TMario

Smash Apprentice
It's late, but hope you went buck wild, Steep.

Falco wins close and far away pretty decisively. The only way Mario wins vs Falco is to take the initiative and set the pace himself, which can only be done through zoning pressure or playing aggressively.

Kirin's mistakes in that set were tiny, player v player related ones. Unfortunately, it only takes a few mistakes to lose to Falco vs Mario.
-Fanboy moment-
Matador, seriously, when it comes to Mario-ing, I am all up on your jock. You need to post more vids.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
-Fanboy moment-
Matador, seriously, when it comes to Mario-ing, I am all up on your jock. You need to post more vids.
Eww.

But yeah, I definitely do. I barely get to practice offline with a recording set-up anymore since I'm rarely available to go to tourneys. I only really have wifi matches recorded.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
@Tmario: No offence bra, but that was gayest post i've ever read. period. xD

As for kirin, he should've mix up his read/mindgame options.
Studer step f-smash is so 2008. he should of studer step > dash > grab
People like bc knows the basic studer step f-smash move.

Hmm...Maybe i should make a thread on how to mix up the mindgame/read options...

TMario

Smash Apprentice
Tch! Dont hate! I said I was fanboying!

Sheesh... express one bit of sentiment... :glare:

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Tch! Dont hate! I said I was fanboying!

Sheesh... express one bit of sentiment... :glare:
Lmao, it was your choice of words, yo.

I agree @ Coolwhip. I would've changed it up a little myself as well. I wasn't playing him though. It's easy for me to say that from the sidelines.

I wasn't disappointed in his performance though.

Top Bottom