• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Boards: General Discussion

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
You're not bad, you nearly had him. The easiest, quickest thing you could do to help improve your performance against him is to just toss every banana away from him as soon as you get your hands on them. At least until you learn to use his bananas as well as he can, which would require some practice.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
It's fine to play with them but I find that it's generally better to camp with them until you have a good (or guaranteed) opportunity to hit with them.

When you're holding a banana you can still fireball and cape, and the banana helps cover other options that Diddy wants to use to approach, so you can rack up some significant damage if you can use the banana correctly.

SKidd

Smash Master
Ya I was playing MK the whole tourney up to then and my Mario wasn't warmed up

/johns

:phone:

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I haven't played in a while but I would probably go all mario. I've played MK, Snake, and Oli in friendlies with people but Mario is my best. I know him better than any other character.

steep

Smash Lord
Matador I may be coming to NJ/NY March 4-8. That is why I yelled at you. I want to meet and play you man! I am still real bummed that I drove all the way to APEX and didn't get to meet you! What are you up to at that time do you think? AND I wonder if there are any tournaments during that time…

EDIT: Also, I go almost all Mario. Just recently I started using Luigi and Oli in singles. I mean, I've used Luigi in doubles for a little while, but as far as singles goes, I've only just started using anyone else, like I said. And by recently, I mean I think I've only had two tournaments in my entire career that show me as playing someone besides Mario. Lol

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
So, i was on youtube the other day watching this video and read a post by Paco Giménez. He said
"....I want to play with this guys, im almost sure i can easly beat them with mario."

I said "Mario would get ***** by them two characters....

Mario is -3 and -1 against mk & zss"

and this silly mofo that goes by the name zeokenX replys to me saying....
"Your Mario would get ***** you mean =/ Mario is even with ZZS and his only disadvantage is pirorty vs Meta,so that means Mario has to wait attacks out before pressing a button,Mario is mid tier according to Japan,stop going to Smashboards and learn how to play the character, =/"

Youtube removed his comment. I couldn't help but laugh at this guy.

Anywho, what's up maryo's!

:pow:

C.J.

Smash Master
Hey, Xero, MU project, go post in phase 2 please. If we don't get something hint, IC are going to push for them winning +3

BSP

Smash Legend
and this silly mofo that goes by the name zeokenX replys to me saying....
"Your Mario would get ***** you mean =/ Mario is even with ZZS and his only disadvantage is pirorty vs Meta,so that means Mario has to wait attacks out before pressing a button,"

I wish his only disadvantage v MK was priority lol

Although, if the sword could clash, that would change so much about the MU...but it's the priority that makes the other things so much worse.

Edit: let the ICs get their +3. Once you have the -3/-4 v MK, the rest doesn't matter.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Matador I may be coming to NJ/NY March 4-8. That is why I yelled at you. I want to meet and play you man! I am still real bummed that I drove all the way to APEX and didn't get to meet you! What are you up to at that time do you think? AND I wonder if there are any tournaments during that time…

EDIT: Also, I go almost all Mario. Just recently I started using Luigi and Oli in singles. I mean, I've used Luigi in doubles for a little while, but as far as singles goes, I've only just started using anyone else, like I said. And by recently, I mean I think I've only had two tournaments in my entire career that show me as playing someone besides Mario. Lol
I'll let you know as that date gets a little closer. My schedule is pretty sporadic as of late.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Well, i really don't care who that random is. at the highest level of competition,
i can't see a mario user walking away victorious from metaknight & zss being played by salem & M2k.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
It looks great, but it ruined the format for a lot of guides, including the Wing Cap guide that Fire! made. Not mad at it though.

SKidd

Smash Master
Dawg you just gotta embrace the change - it's necessary for swf to grow and ****

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
It looks great, but it ruined the format for a lot of guides, including the Wing Cap guide that Fire! made. Not mad at it though.
*Reads message*
*Goes to guide*

Well damn.

Whatever, I am liking the advancements though. Hopefully they're still integrating stuff.

Fujin 2

Banned via Warnings
Regardless of how the website looks, your character is still bad.

Don't stress yourself over it Coolwhip.

steep

Smash Lord
Idk if it matters but I went to a tourney in Ohio yesterday. I kept my streak of never getting out of pools going though so yeah I'm still that bad. Good stuff to Mars16 for beating me in pools with GnW. Close games though. Really hype in that third game. I shoulda stayed Olimar. ;) I need to trust in my Olimar more and I would have made it into bracket. Or just been a little better with Mario. I did beat Mr. Eric's IC's as Mario though and I went last stock last hit with him games 2 and 3. I am getting better I just choke every time. I dunno this game frustrates me.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Regardless of how the website looks, your character is still bad.

Don't stress yourself over it Coolwhip.
But zelda is garbage tier. Mario is low-tier here in the states. oh, & he's mid-tier in japan.
You zelda mains need to step your game up. :laugh:

steep

Smash Lord
Matador, sorry I didn't ever contact you. Been busy here in NJ/NY area. I guess some other time I'll be in the area and meet you. Take it easy man. I'm about to start driving back to Indiana now.

Top Bottom