• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Boards: General Discussion

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Matt07's a pretty cool guy. He mains Mario and isn't a ch***.

**** it, I'm trolling badly.

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
Hm... Summer School got canceled for me this summer... *shakes fist at budget cuts

Well.. that means a free summer, I should goto Canada and **** **** up there :]

I normally stay in Mississauga.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Don't worry guys. Famous and I got this. We'll pick up Matador and Ajax and wreck the EC with Mario. Bo will do his thing and cape the **** outta the Midwest. Kanzaki and Vato, you guys take the WC. We'll leave Canada to Matt and Franki.

We got this.

Well ****. I don't do anything.

Matt07

Smash Master
Lol @ Straked =P.

Omg Frank and ThatGuy we should all hit a tournament in Montreal sometime next year, it'd be awesome to meet you guys, and all learn stuff from each other. I really want to hit the states too and meet all you others =P.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Man, I really wish I'd known about this site when the game came out... I lived in Montreal for pretty much all of 2008...

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Don't worry guys. Famous and I got this. We'll pick up Matador and Ajax and wreck the EC with Mario. Bo will do his thing and cape the **** outta the Midwest. Kanzaki and Vato, you guys take the WC. We'll leave Canada to Matt and Franki.

We got this.
I'll see if I can join you. If I do go there, i'll probably try and hitch a ride with Pierce and whomever he brings. Right before singles, I need someone like Famous or Boss(?) to help with Mario and possibly Luigi if I seriously would need him to fight off someone like Wario or Olimar. I am a Mario main though, but Luigi is my secondary.

FrankPizzi

Smash Apprentice
Lol @ Straked =P.

Omg Frank and ThatGuy we should all hit a tournament in Montreal sometime next year, it'd be awesome to meet you guys, and all learn stuff from each other. I really want to hit the states too and meet all you others =P.
Leme get a job, and start driving then I'll pick you guys up, and we head to a tourney.

Matt07

Smash Master
Lol I don't really think you'd want to drive to Ottawa just to pick me up, that's an extra 2 hours. Unless I know nothing about the highways here (I probably don't) and you have to go through there to go to the States.

FrankPizzi

Smash Apprentice
Lol I don't really think you'd want to drive to Ottawa just to pick me up, that's an extra 2 hours. Unless I know nothing about the highways here (I probably don't) and you have to go through there to go to the States.
I wasn't actually being 100% serious. =0 LOL

Matt07

Smash Master
Loooooooool it's so fail. I just took the picture, and then used Paint to edit it lmao, like I used the paintbrush tool and coloured the background black.

Famous

Smash Champion
Everytime you log on to msn I see tails fly up from the bottom-right corner of my screen...Sometimes I wonder "What the hell is that orange thing?...ohh...Tails again"

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
So I picked up wifi again.

I'm back in business gaiz. I tried out a bunch of new stuff and I'm itching to destroy someone.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Probably Matador or Famous as far as I know. BO X7 and vato are up there too.

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
Probably Famous for best Mario right now in my opinion, Kirin closely followed.

Matador doesn't bring in offline Tournament results, even though his Mario is good.

Bo x7 quit Brawl for Brawl+ from what I've heard, I could be wrong, if not, he'd probably be competing against Famous.

Vato brings in tourney results, but mostly against random SoCal's... but then again, SoCal's too good.

Myself, I'm not all too active any more due to school and what not.

Monk's not active any more either, that I know of... but he did just state that he placed with Snake ><

Any more I can't really remember... my brain's currently fried due to finals =/

Quite possibly these players too that I don't really pay attention to: Hippiedude, ThatGuy.. hum... I was expecting to make a list of atleast 5 players, but I guess just those 2..

I don't really consider anybody that does only/mostly WiFi.. so if I didn't mentioned you, tough nubs, go offline or bring some results.

Flameleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Valthiel_Malus
I think Matador is maybe the best one. Someone who attends tourneys doesn't mean than they're the only good ones out there...but, well, wtf with Boss but nvm, i think he enjoys to kill Snakes by brute force instead of gimp KO's...gogo Matador and Lol@vato :) greetingz...!

Famous

Smash Champion
Kirin is beast with Mario...Bo, Matador and Vato have good ones too...

Boss still has has a good Mario but needs to use him against more good people in tourney...Actually he needs to use him more in gerneral...But hey, he's a luigi now

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Probably Matador or Famous as far as I know. BO X7 and vato are up there too.
Bo and Famous are both better than I am. Vato and I SEEM to be on the same level, but it's really hard to tell over wifi.

Note: I don't really watch for conventional things over wifi to watch your skill. I look at habits and mannerisms. Hippie and Vato are great aggressors, but end up pushing it at some points. Vato's coming out of that, but it doesn't look like his reading is quite on Hippie's level. Both of them are steadily getting better though, pretty amazing. NOT saying I'm better than these two, much respect for both of them.

Kirin's Mario plays JUST like mine. Like....it's scary how similar our playstyles are with the exception of his ledgegame. For that reason, he's either as good, or better than I am. Everytime I watch him play, it's always "dam....he should've....OH SNAPZ HE DID!"

Famous is incredibly unpredictable, which is probably the MOST important thing to have in this game. Good mindgames, and amazing techskill (meaning, in all his vids he posted, I never saw him do something that looked like a mistake). Probably the best now besides Boss who HASNT retired.

A2, and Kanzaki are both pretty defensive. A2 is really good with OOS options from the last time I fought him, and never seems to be stumped on what his next move is like I often get. Kanzaki is great on the ledge. Solid Marios all around, though I haven't fought Kanzaki as much as I've wanted to. We're usually teaming or I'm playing against his weegee :laugh:

Bo's Mario is probably the closest I've seen to Boss. Very well rounded to fit whatever scenarios this game may throw at him. His ledgegame is also really impressive. I learn **** from him everytime we fight.

Frank quite frankly (Lmao, I didn't even plan that), wasn't very good when I first played him. Now though...he's a force to be reckoned with. He's really appropriating things he's learning and has one of the most conventional offstage games I've ever seen.

I played ThatGuy and Monk once or twice. Their Marios are....different from what I can tell. Both of them absolutely abhor wifi, lol. At least, ThatGuy did back when we first played.

And I'd rather not recollect my matches with Boss' broken *** Mario :laugh:

And that's just the tip of the iceberg. I've played Boshi and Xero, Daywalker, Hardgainer, 1der, BigB (who is vastly underrated) and Flameleon (who's also probably better than I am)

Rest assured, I plan on being better than every last one of you and repping Mario to the fullest. I just need a steady ride and some money, and I'll be golden.

Famous for best Mario.
Pretty much.

Matador doesn't bring in offline Tournament results, even though his Mario is good.

Bo x7 quit Brawl for Brawl+ from what I've heard, I could be wrong, if not, he'd probably be competing against Famous.

Vato brings in tourney results, but mostly against random SoCal's... but then again, SoCal's too good.

Monk's not active any more either, that I know of... but he did just state that he placed with Snake ><

Quite possibly these players too that I don't really pay attention to: Hippiedude, ThatGuy.. hum... I was expecting to make a list of atleast 5 players, but I guess just those 2..

I don't really consider anybody that does only/mostly WiFi.. so if I didn't mentioned you, tough nubs, go offline or bring some results.
Bo's still in the game, he just doesn't come to the Mario boards as much anymore. I still talk to him on the daily, and he plans on repping Mario/Peach more than ever now.

Monk only went Snake against that one guy XD

And truth about me, I really need to get out there.

This.

Maybe TC1 or Fear as well, but who knows.
TC1's dropping Mario, and Fear retired as far as I know. Even though from our last spat, I don't like TC1 much (lolinternet) but he has a really impressive Mario. Same with Fear. TC1 would probably up there with Famous, Kirin, and Bo if he weren't quitting.

Kirin is beast with Mario...Bo, Matador and Vato have good ones too...

Boss still has has a good Mario but needs to use him against more good people in tourney...Actually he needs to use him more in gerneral...But hey, he's a luigi now
He told me over AIM that he isn't dropping Mario, lol. He may start using him a bit more, who knows?

I don't think he's washed his hands of Mr.Nintendo though.

I think Matador is maybe the best one. Someone who attends tourneys doesn't mean than they're the only good ones out there...but, well, wtf with Boss but nvm, i think he enjoys to kill Snakes by brute force instead of gimp KO's...gogo Matador and Lol@vato :) greetingz...!
This guy is probably Boss status, truth be told. VERY impressive Mario.

ThatGuy needs to visit EC/WC too and garner the respect he deserves as one of the best Marios. He places well against pretty crazy players.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Matador you weasle....I was gunna call you out on the wifi thing untill you edit'd....get on AIM fool
lol, I always edit right after I post. I'm never happy with the original.

Yeah...my Wii's bricked and my Brawl's finished. I'm not wifi-ing for a long while.

Famous

Smash Champion
I know Boss isn't completely dropping Mario...We still do our dittos when we see eachother...I never ask for Luigi dittos because they are ghey...

The whole match consists of combo breakers...

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I know Boss isn't completely dropping Mario...We still do our dittos when we see eachother...I never ask for Luigi dittos because they are ghey...

The whole match consists of combo breakers...
lmao, truth. Mario dittos are okay, I personally like them. I learn too much not to.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
lol, I always edit right after I post. I'm never happy with the original.

Yeah...my Wii's bricked and my Brawl's finished. I'm not wifi-ing for a long while.
Heh, I have both of the same problems...

Also, I really need to play some of you guys. I mean, I'm not saying that I'm great and none of you know it, because that's not true, but I want to play you guys in hopes of learning some stuff and getting better at Mario in general.

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
I just heard from word of mouth that you quit Brawl for Brawl+ xD

I dislike Mario dittos, that's why I use Luigi against most of you guys ^^

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Heh, I have both of the same problems...

Also, I really need to play some of you guys. I mean, I'm not saying that I'm great and none of you know it, because that's not true, but I want to play you guys in hopes of learning some stuff and getting better at Mario in general.
If you're staying at Nope's house the day before the tourney we can do some Mario ditto friendlies.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
If you're staying at Nope's house the day before the tourney we can do some Mario ditto friendlies.
I'll have to check with my ride, but I'm pretty sure we're leaving Sat then staying till Sunday.
I'd definitely be up for some Mario dittos though.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero

But Papa SupaTony, I do only/mostly Wifi and taking my wifi warrior status to tourneys and beat nugguhs in MMs and do decent (lolnoNotreally) tourney results :embarrass

Bo and Famous are both better than I am. Vato and I SEEM to be on the same level, but it's really hard to tell over wifi.

Note: I don't really watch for conventional things over wifi to watch your skill. I look at habits and mannerisms. Hippie and Vato are great aggressors, but end up pushing it at some points. Vato's coming out of that, but it doesn't look like his reading is quite on Hippie's level. Both of them are steadily getting better though, pretty amazing. NOT saying I'm better than these two, much respect for both of them.

Kirin's Mario plays JUST like mine. Like....it's scary how similar our playstyles are with the exception of his ledgegame. For that reason, he's either as good, or better than I am. Everytime I watch him play, it's always "dam....he should've....OH SNAPZ HE DID!"

Famous is incredibly unpredictable, which is probably the MOST important thing to have in this game. Good mindgames, and amazing techskill (meaning, in all his vids he posted, I never saw him do something that looked like a mistake). Probably the best now besides Boss who HASNT retired.

A2, and Kanzaki are both pretty defensive. A2 is really good with OOS options from the last time I fought him, and never seems to be stumped on what his next move is like I often get. Kanzaki is great on the ledge. Solid Marios all around, though I haven't fought Kanzaki as much as I've wanted to. We're usually teaming or I'm playing against his weegee :laugh:

Bo's Mario is probably the closest I've seen to Boss. Very well rounded to fit whatever scenarios this game may throw at him. His ledgegame is also really impressive. I learn **** from him everytime we fight.

Frank quite frankly (Lmao, I didn't even plan that), wasn't very good when I first played him. Now though...he's a force to be reckoned with. He's really appropriating things he's learning and has one of the most conventional offstage games I've ever seen.

Lol, I'm glad you notice I'm tourney ***ging my way up. Don't worry, I'll climb up the ranks. I'm actually fixing my aggressive mistakes, I just need to control it at the right level and I'm fine. Majority of the time, it's mostly cause I'm choking/nervous johns even if it's friendlies. My last tourney 13/30 wasn't that horrid, though my goal is to aim for top 8.

Vato says he's at just about your level or so. But I didn't know he was aggro like me lol. I usually pick up on patterns pretty quickly.. my only problem is how to get past that " brickwall". But lol, how do you know Vato's not at my reading level or just spit out random shiz? :3. But I highly appreciate, you and the other Marios of the board taking a note on me.

KirinBlaze is pretty much Matador level in my book. He lives in the small parts but he still places up there and has a beast Mario. He just didn't get to beast in our last tourney but he's great lol. Personally I believe Vato has better exp that's just me tho.

Also props to Famous, he's beastly.

Top Bottom