• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Boards: General Discussion

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Vrael I am going to ask you to stop spamming or else you will be ULTRA BANNED. :mad: <c

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Mkay. That avatar just adds to your intimidation factor.

So is the general consensus that Pierce was trolling/drunk on that Dtilt thread? Dtilt is terrible. Like, worse than Marth's Bthrow which is completely and totally useless.

Matt07

Smash Master
No!

Marth's back throw doesn't leave him vunerable after he throws them. Mario's does.

And Straked's avatar scares me more then that white fluffball!

Inferno3044

Smash Master
To beat them is my real test to cape them is my cause!
That explains why the cape is also known as my PIMP HAND!!!!!

So is the general consensus that Pierce was trolling/drunk on that Dtilt thread? Dtilt is terrible. Like, worse than Marth's Bthrow which is completely and totally useless.
To defend him (because I almost have to), he's saying that Dtilt is a good mindgame because it puts you in a spot where most people's reaction is to air dodge. You bait the air dodge and then hit them with a kill move. If you accidentally use it, then you're gonna get punished because you aren't prepared to bait an air dodge.

Regs Money

Smash Cadet
yeeeahhhhh
wats good every1 im back
i was MIA 4 a min cuz i was down in FL chillin and partyin
but its 2010 now and im tryin 2 bust n!ggas a$$es out here in NY lol

so wats good wit every1?

Famous

Smash Champion
I fully accept the fact that Boss is the best. Everyone else is a Boss wannabe.
New Generation Mario's are probably. Hell, we might even have Famous wannabes too(haha, would be nice) or Hybrid Players of all the top Mario's combined...I've been playing Mario way before knowing who Boss was...I developed my own style and even moreso after I met Boss...A few tourneys after, I started showing him **** that everyone uses to this day...A good thing since it's helping our characters meta-game evolve

Rofl, I could go on and on about this since there's alot you all don't know...But yea, Boss is still the best according to the tournament placings...

+1randomwalloftext

Inferno3044

Smash Master
New Generation Mario's are probably. Hell, we might even have Famous wannabes too(haha, would be nice) or Hybrid Players of all the top Mario's combined...I've been playing Mario way before knowing who Boss was...I developed my own style and even moreso after I met Boss...A few tourneys after, I started showing him **** that everyone uses to this day...A good thing since it's helping our characters meta-game evolve

Rofl, I could go on and on about this since there's alot you all don't know...But yea, Boss is still the best according to the tournament placings...

+1randomwalloftext
I'm actually curious which things were created by you. I know you have done a lot for the metagame but I don't know exactly everything.

I have a lot of respect for Mario though, but I'm not a wannabe. Your Mario is sick. The only thing about Boss is that he was the first Mario I've heard of because I was at lunch with some friends and Pierce was like "OMGZ! There was this Mario named Boss and he was fireballing MK nado's and kicking ***!"

Famous

Smash Champion
I'm actually curious which things were created by you. I know you have done a lot for the metagame but I don't know exactly everything.

I have a lot of respect for Mario though, but I'm not a wannabe. Your Mario is sick. The only thing about Boss is that he was the first Mario I've heard of because I was at lunch with some friends and Pierce was like "OMGZ! There was this Mario named Boss and he was fireballing MK nado's and kicking ***!"
When someone starts to talk about Mario players Boss is the first name to pop up since...Boss was the best Mario in Melee. We all know how big the melee scene was so it carried over to Brawl I guess. Bosses fame (and skill apparently) carried over pretty well since he still is the best Mario

Haha, there is alot of things I introduced to Mario's metagame. Some are known and posted, some unknown. I don't really put patents on moves and set-ups. What was big then is pretty small now...

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I'm far from a Boss wannabe, though I do aim to be as good as Boss. To be honest I don't quite remember how I got into the competitive scene. I think it was my desire to fight players but there was no one in my neighborhood and all I had was WiFi, so I checked out online and stumbled here. I guess things after that just fell into place.

Guess I count as new generation though, since I never got into the Melee scene.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I intend to be different from Boss, and possibly better. I have my mind set to it, and I can see myself really being a good competitive player.

*still needs more tournament results*

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Meh, Famous' knowledge has been helping me out quite a bit :D

Thanks again for the tips at Pound!

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
A2ZOMG and I often discuss Mario, among other characters. He knows his stuff, he just needs experience and he'll be **** status in no time ^^.

vato_break

Smash Master
I've created my own style of mario but, i originated with Box7's style. Box7 is my favorite mario by far personally i don't really look up to boss anymore rather i see him more as an equal(no offense to him). I have a feeling he uses luigi more nowadays but, his mario is still very good.I have tourney results that prove i'm the best mario(on my coast) and you can ask anyone in socal. Tony is the next best mario in my region because he does have results to back himself up, personally i don't find the defesive style of mario to be very effective agianst alot of the cast but, tony makes it work.3rd best would be diddyknight he made it out of pools at wintergamefest going mainly mario i trained this dude mad hard and he's pretty good,he's like a vato offspring.(lol)

i'm not trying to brag or anything just stating facts ;)

Me and tony got 5th/16 in doubles today(mario/luigi)..i didn't enter singles though ...vato is indeed broke

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
So my Mario beat ViceGrip in a friendly. =D

He's mad fun to play against I'll say, he really makes me think.

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
Came back fro ma tourney, a lil buzzed now cause had korena bbq afer + bear xD

Singles, beat ranodm marth, lost dsf, lost to jont,, 1-2 total :[, tis fine, dsf + jont = good xD
Mario all the way except last round vs jont :[

Normal doubles with Vato, good stuff xD
First round I forget, I used Mario, Vato went MK and i think we beat some team, i forget.
SEcond round, same characters vs X(sonic) and MasterCornBeffWhatevers(ddd), close matches, i outcamped them both rounds, but can't time out in 2v1 even if i had less percent sooo we lost
3rd round loser's brackets!!!! same characters again vs. gamenwancth and zelda i super clutched first round 2v1 against my mario, i went POW! and won!! xD
then 4th round, vato wanted luigi, i went mario, vs itswillyO(didy) and m7h(kong), we lost first round and we mindgamed! i went luigi and vato went mario, and we won 2nd round xD but i think we made them mad and we finally lost :[

we got 5th out of whatvers xD

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
ADD MY PROFILE OMG.

Smashboards Name: BO X7 (That's pronounced Boh-ex-seven not box7 or Bee-Oh-ex-seven *rage!*)
Birthday: January 5th
Height and weight: 5'6" 125lbs (I'm small guy D: )
Current location: Chicago heights, IL
Systems you own: Nintendo wii, X box 360, Ps2
Last couple of games you played aside from Brawl: Ratchet and Clank deadlock, Tekken 5, Tekken 6, Super DBZ, Naruto Ultimate Ninja 2, 3, and 4, Street fighter 4, Prince of persia, KOF 12, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, Soul Calibur 4, Naruto GNT4
Rival(s): Lain, Kirk, Ally
Next big thing you are looking forward to: College!
What are you doing right now: Raging at myself for losing my ID.

Top Bottom