• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Boards Quiz!

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?

What's going on?​
Class is in session mofos! Basically, the point of this thread is to keep the Mario Boards active, with an underlying goal of educating Marios in general character/stage specific knowledge.

Okay, so what's this "Godsend" of an activity?​
I'll suggest a particular scenario with stage, character, and percentage specifics. I'll tell you what's stale, what's fresh, and the general skill level of the opponent through your eyes as the opposing player. Whoever answers first is teh winnar! But here's where it gets tricky, because...

There is no "one right answer". Correctness will be based on your ability to explain why YOU'RE right and preceding answers are wrong!

Sounds like an okay idea, but how will this be proven? How long do we have per question? What if we have the same answer?​
Be it through calling in mains of the particular character in question, video evidence, or factual % data, the burden of proof is on you! A new scenario will be posted every 2 days (subject to change) along with the best answers to the previous question. Top 2 will get their responses in this post here. In the event that a question is too easy and there are multiple synonymous correct answers, the FIRST two will get the credit.

You're making AND judging scenarios alone? There's no way we'll get anything right unless YOU like the answer....And you're biased.​
Answers will be judged by Straked, myself (Yeah, that's right. You've been drafted. Let me know if you can/can't do it :laugh:) and anyone else that wants to help with questions and maintaining the thread. If you have a particular scenario you want addressed, feel free to PM me. Let me know who's interested and whatever suggestions you may have. If enough people participate, including other character mains, I'll replace this post with the first scenario ^_^.

If not, I think I'm making a guide or something :laugh:

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Oh hey. I'm a judge and I didn't even know it.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Yeah, I can do it. I'm free any time, are they gonna post responses on this thread?

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Yep, once I find that there's enough interest, I'll replace the first post with the first scenario. All responses will go in the thread.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
That works, this is a pretty original idea.
I'm gonna laugh if I get the same scenario in my next tournament.

AndreVeloso

Smash Apprentice
Great idea and an original one at that, nice to see this coming. Also, would the judging be biased if we main someone other than Mario? Mario is my secondary.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
It's a quiz. People love internet quizzes.

Nah, there's no bias here. I mean, I have the strangest combination of mains. Ness and Mario.
Don't worry, just answer to the best of your ability, this'll actually help us.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
This thread was made for you, Judge.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I have a feeling this wont last for long... Mainly beacause of the title.
Actually, I only planned to keep this going for a month or so. If enough people liked the idea and everything at its conclusion, and it's going strong by the end, I'll make a part two or something.

No worries though. At 3 scenarios every week, it should be a FULL month.

Straked, Judge, Andre. We need some place to chat openly. Any of you have or is willing to download AIM, MSN or something like that? Let me know.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Hmm. What about an xat chat? That way, all 4 of us could freely chat at the same time.
I could go ahead and make one now, or we could use the regular Mario xat.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
As long as the questions remain relevant to competitive smash (items questions are only allowed if they are ISP) this can be open. Pretty cool idea.

Can't wait for the first question.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Don't worry, Skyler. We'll work on some questions tomorrow, we need an xat where all of us can make the decisions, first.

I'm predicting we get the first scenario done by Saturday, maybe early Sunday.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Yeah, that's the xat I mentioned earlier. All 4 of us can talk on there.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Putting this little project on hold for a bit if anyone was wondering. I'll revive this thread when I'm ready to put the time into it.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
One of us could take over, if you like. Skyler can swap our posts.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
That was before I joined the site. o:

Nexus Bond

Smash Apprentice
That was before I joined the site. o:
OFF TOPIC: Wow, Straked, you have nearly 4,000 posts and you joined just 4 months ago! You certainly post a lot.

ON TOPIC: I think that this thread is a good idea, and I think that using a very common scenario would work best, since we would be able to figure out the best way to deal with that situation, such as recovering vs. Meta Knight.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Yeah, although about 200 of them were taken away, since Azua closed the OTL Social Thread. I do have a life, my job, girlfriend, and Paintball as a "job" is really a lot to keep up with. I do post a lot, but only because I stay up late.

It does give me time to maintain a lot, just look at the threads I've made.
I was considering taking over this if Matador can't quite run it.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I'm bringing this back. PM me if you're interested in helping me run this. We're starting Monday.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
You've got me for help. I'll PM you around noon, I guess.

Top Bottom