• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Mario Enigma Machine [1.1.1] Patch Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Hm. I take back what I said. I don't know the specifics, but his customs got changed. HBJ + Upper Cutter goes higher than Balloon Trip, and for some reason HB has a hilt hitbox now that does 18%.

EDIT: It got a frame data related buff, too. F-Throw > HB is a true combo now.
Ice Breath has the same frame data as buffed Inhale now.

There's no changes I can find besides those.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
No changes to Pac-man or palutena. Peach has one, brb.

STOP TRYING TO REORDER THE ALPHABET PEOPLE.

Ghostgodzilla

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ghostgodzilla
I wanted rock smash to get buffed but why it had to be a custom....no one uses customs sakurai!

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
No changes for Peach besides some random frame speed multipliers and bits on non-attack moves that I have no idea what they mean. (These changes normally aren't stuff anyone would be interested in.)

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
Duck Hunt has no changes except for a element change on a windbox on (all 3) Can; no idea, didn't know this hitbox existed.

DK has a few changes.
When an invincible player touches the can, there's a bunch of hitboxes on the can that flash. I suspect that they could be the windbox and that it's used to keep the can a solid object while not allowing it to be pushed around by walking into it.

Not sure what an element change means, but could it affect how the can functions?

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
No changes to Pikachu, Olimar, Pit, or Dark Pit. Dark Pit has a super random float changed on a throw, but it's likely just some animation thing, no idea.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Luigi does not feel much better or worse in the slightest. All this is going to do is have the same effect the first Diddy patch had, fish out the people who just play him for the easy kill set-up, but he's still very viable.
That's different
Diddy still has a great neutral (compared to luigi) and plethora of other tools
>reasons why he is still viable
Luigi had lol fireball>dthrow>80%
Dthrow has been changed and it will make him worse given the character's play style

Last edited:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
No changes to Jigglypuff--random bit was changed at the end of custom down-b 3, unimportant.

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708
No changes for Peach besides some random frame speed multipliers and bits on non-attack moves that I have no idea what they mean. (These changes normally aren't stuff anyone would be interested in.)
No changes again huh. Oh well I ain't complaining.

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Thinkaman Thinkaman

So if shield breaker does +25 shield damage now how was fully charged (and partially charged) shield breaker changed? Fully charged used to do +50 and partial charges would rise from between +30 to +50 gradually.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Robin seems to have gotten a heavy Dash Attack knockback nerf, and that seems about it non-customs wise.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Fully charged Shield break wasn't changed.

Robin has a lot of random bit changes and some interesting frame speed multiplier changes, but nothing directly on attacks or hitboxes. I doubt it's a change to charge up speed, but it's possible and deserves investigation. Nosfertu could be it too, but it's probably something unimportant.

I see no dash attack change.

Edit: confirmed no robin dash attack change.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Shulk seems largely unchanged. All his attacks do the same amount of damage as before (without arts at least), and knockback and speed seems the same as ever.

Last edited:

FUEGO!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MontyRattata
That's different
Diddy still had a god like neutral and plethora of other tools
>reasons why he is still viable
Luigi had lol fireball>dthrow>80%
Dthrow has been changed and it will make him worse given the character's play style
Ok, what do I need to say to convince you that he's still going to go no where? I've been playing him since this game launched on 3ds, I think I know what I'm saying when I'm telling you that all you people cheering "yaaay his throw was nerfed" have never picked him up longer than to learn Dthrow>double fair. Trust me, we'll be just fine.

Freezie KO

Smash Journeyman
No changes to Pikachu, Olimar, Pit, or Dark Pit. Dark Pit has a super random float changed on a throw, but it's likely just some animation thing, no idea.
Would any changes to pikmin AI, active pikmin recognition, or collision/edge detection appear under the Olimar files?

Because he could use some quality-of-life adjustments with pikmin that aren't direct buffs to his character or frame data.

Ambler

Smash Rookie
Ness' PK fire seems to do more sheild damage over time but with more frames between hits (Unsure about actual damage, as I can't remember values), can anyone else test it out to confirm?

shadowlink3

Smash Journeyman
I am testing a lot of this stuff as you're typing it, and almost none of it is true. Example: The Bowser JR down smash change on shield.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Knockback on the first hit of Aether seems more consistent. Even at 999 it traps a bit better.

MGK

Smash Apprentice
Ganondorf's Nair got Buffed. Second hit of Nair does 10% sweet spot and 7% sour spot. It also links better together as well.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Mega Man neutral B 2 ends 5 frames faster. MM side b 2 ends 6 frames faster. No other changes.

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
I am testing a lot of this stuff as you're typing it, and almost none of it is true. Example: The Bowser JR down smash change on shield.
...If you're talking to Thinkaman, I think he's literally looking at the frame data. As in, the code itself.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
Legit if they can export stages, I wish they export Yoshi Island (Brawl) into Wii u as it would make being a TO easy.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Ok, what do I need to say to convince you that he's still going to go no where? I've been playing him since this game launched on 3ds, I think I know what I'm saying when I'm telling you that all you people cheering "yaaay his throw was nerfed" have never picked him up longer than to learn Dthrow>double fair. Trust me, we'll be just fine.
He still has BNB combos until kill percents but has to work for a kill now
Which will result in a drop, whether small or large you can't deny
"I've been playing him since 3DS"
lmao that doesn't mean anything, my little brother has been playing Ike since release his opinion means the same as yours, diddly squat
I think you don't fully understand this nerf yet
so pls stop

Last edited:

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
...If you're talking to Thinkaman, I think he's literally looking at the frame data. As in, the code itself.
Well im testing these " changes" on bowser jr and he is exactly as previous version, no damage increse. Jab is the same, everything is the same.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Hellyeah, another argument for the Customs meta!
keep the changes coming!

Also, I'm sure most people have noticed by now, but this thread is running slightly stricter than others.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Little Mac's jab combo seems off at high percents

The opposition can easily escape out his jab combo after about 105% I think. It's probably dependent on weight moreso

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Rosalina down-b 3 is 1 frame faster, technically 1.5. Rosalina side b 2 ends significantly faster. Rosalina Rapid jab damage from 2.0 to 1.7 I THINK; not sure, no idea what other repeating frame-1-subroutine Magic 2% hitbox Rosalina had.

FUEGO!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MontyRattata
He still has BNB combos until kill percents but has to work for a kill now
Looks like a decrease
"I've been playing him since 3DS"
lmao that doesn't mean anything, my little brother has been playing Ike since release his opinion means the same as yours
I think you don't fully understand this nerf yet
Okay, so i don't think I can apologize enough...I thought my update had already loaded and it hadn't for some reason, so I was still pllaying 1.1.0...

I am so sorry, and I am a complete dumbass. Excuse me while I go feel a back to back comparison and cry at the changes as they will be fresh in my hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom