• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Flud Combo

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Nice FLUDD kill when Fox tried to Up-B.

But that's the only awesome thing I saw in the vid. The rest were either CPUs or lackluster players.

Check out the Mario boards when you have a chance. I see some good potential in your Mario.

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
I liked the FLUDD stuff, especially the idea of pushing veritcally recovering enemies under the ledge of FD.

As for the music and the fact that computers were being used.... not so much.

Fyist

Smash Journeyman
I thought it was a joke at first but... Linkin Park.... CPU Combos.... Camera used to record LMFAO!

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
now i think people are just trying to be mean.. ffs hate people like that..

nice water kills, quality was a lil iffy, combos were basically uptilt into somethn else.. keep tryn mate im sure ull make ur next 1 better ;)

AntiC

Smash Journeyman
Overal i think you're an okay Mario. You'll do well with people who don't know the basics of the game, which is a good start don't get me wrong. But i don't feel you're around many excellent or even up-to-par players. So here's a couple of tips.

1) Don't always use final destination, while your fludd under the stage is really effective, some stages won't do that, and you should definately be able to adapt to other stages such as smashville, yoshi's island, corneria, etc.

2) Enter a tournament or two, depending on your financial status you might not be able to do much more than play a couple of friendlies, but it's a good experience.

3) I'm not going to bash on the fact you used CPU's, because honestly you aren't always going to have people around and be able to record when those people are around.

4) Get a dvd recorder, or something that'll make your video better quality, but once again that's all in your financial status, not everyone has money.

5) There's no such things as combos, it's all gameplay, so looking at your video, don't you feel that everything is the same gameplay? It's very dull to watch, seeing new things and keeping each combo seemingly different (for example keeping a fludd combo up front, and then an u-tilt combo, and then u-air, d-air combo, and THEN doing your nex fludd combo) will make your combo video feel alot more interesting.

6) It's your music choice, and if you want to do linkin park, that's fine, it's hit and miss, some like, some don't. But try to steer away from overly used songs.

That's all i have for you, if you have wifi i recommend playing on wifi and just recording a bunch of matches, when something good happens use it. Good luck on your next combo, i mildly enjoyed your first and feel there's more to come.

Denzi

Smash Master
You could all try being... I don't know... nicer?
Generally when someone posts a combo video they're looking for more feedback then "lol vid sux".
I would say more, but I don't know Mario.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
You could all try being... I don't know... nicer?
Generally when someone posts a combo video they're looking for more feedback then "lol vid sux".
I would say more, but I don't know Mario.
Yes! thank you..

oh and nice post antic i agree with all that you said. as far as recording, well you can also get a video card with a video jack that you can plug ur wii into and record off that sometimes :D thats what ima start doin

Sgt Isaac

Smash Cadet
Indiscriminate niceness is overrated. I'm not bashing his playing ability or his mario skillz, I'm pointing out that this is the most stereotypically bad ,yet still serious, combo video I've ever seen.

full_95

Smash Journeyman
Indiscriminate niceness is overrated. I'm not bashing his playing ability or his mario skillz, I'm pointing out that this is the most stereotypically bad ,yet still serious, combo video I've ever seen.
And it makes you feel good to make fun of him for that right? I'll be you're a real tough guy(probably not, which is why you have to be over the internet, *claps, nice job). All the kid wants is some feedback, obviously he needs work. Obviously he shouldn't be submitting combo vids with mostly CPU's. And most of all, he shouldn't have used Linkin Park (this is not the 90's... haha). But Christ dude, just give him some constructive criticism.

To OP. In terms of combo vids, you should only submit something that showcases what you can do against other players. I know you have clips of you vs. humans, but a combo vid on CPU's is extremely boring for a vast array of reason (ie: you can up-tilt them 1000 times in a row because they don't DI). You clearly know what you are doing tho and had some pretty decent attacks in there, but try not to submit vids of you playing CPU's if you want serious feedback. It is nigh impossible to tell how good you are from such clips. And try to pick better music next time :chuckle:

Don't pay attention to the haters, their parents just didn't give them enough attention so they take out their anger on people anonymously over the internet.

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
yu got the right idea on things dat mike work on actual ppl but yea still...

CPU's wont cut it if u want constructive critisism homie

J4pu

Smash Champion
Continuous Uptilts or repetitive attacks that get people stuck (on CPUs who don't DI no less) is pretty boring to watch, adding some strings of attacks (notice I didn't say combos) that aren't repetitive to watch would make your video better.

lkp4

Smash Cadet
Help?

1st of all stop complaining about the quality of the video.

2nd Leave a comment if you know how to put it on Good Quality, so i
can make a new and better video.

- I moved the replays in the SD card. When i hooked it up on the
computer/camera , the replays did not show.

3rd PLEASE DON'T HATE? and tell me how to make a video with
good quality?

Hmm kay... Thanks?

lkp4

Smash Cadet
Thanks Pyshcoace.
For giving me the link and im
ganna try to get the splitters etc.

HATERS please stop hating and
start loving.

Got nothing else to do but leave
comments that some of us dont want
to here.

I think you guys should kill your self LOL?

CHUK

Smash Ace
Brawl combo videos are like idk...so uneventful, but pretty cool for a brawl combo vid.

Sgt Isaac

Smash Cadet
And it makes you feel good to make fun of him for that right? I'll be you're a real tough guy(probably not, which is why you have to be over the internet, *claps, nice job). All the kid wants is some feedback, obviously he needs work. Obviously he shouldn't be submitting combo vids with mostly CPU's. And most of all, he shouldn't have used Linkin Park (this is not the 90's... haha). But Christ dude, just give him some constructive criticism.

To OP. In terms of combo vids, you should only submit something that showcases what you can do against other players. I know you have clips of you vs. humans, but a combo vid on CPU's is extremely boring for a vast array of reason (ie: you can up-tilt them 1000 times in a row because they don't DI). You clearly know what you are doing tho and had some pretty decent attacks in there, but try not to submit vids of you playing CPU's if you want serious feedback. It is nigh impossible to tell how good you are from such clips. And try to pick better music next time :chuckle:

Don't pay attention to the haters, their parents just didn't give them enough attention so they take out their anger on people anonymously over the internet.
And you feel good for supporting him, right? The only difference between us is I'm more honest in how I treat other people. Also I reserve a right to make fun of him for making the most cliched movie ever just as much has he has a right to make it. You are probably "hurting"s much by pretending to care and trying to help. The world and the people in it suck and you have to be naive to think otherwise.
Anonymity means you can do whatever you want. Stop pretending you are so high and mighty (especially on the internet).Nice observation about my parents, idiot. If my parents didn't love me then I'd be seeking love elsewhere and acting friendly to random people on the off chance that they can validate my existence. I'm sorry (not really) for being self confident enough to not care what others think.

UltraPuff

Smash Apprentice
Hey, you wanted feedback. People have their ways of telling you what you can do better. (some are "not as nice" as others)
But seriously, do not ever use that song. You are bound to get a bucket of hate dumped on your head, hence the comment I left.

Overall some videos just flat out suck.

Top Bottom