• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Mario Kart Wii

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberMario

Smash Master
I don't want to anger anyone, but what do people see in MKWii that makes them like it more than the other Mario Karts? (Other than Wifi)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I don't want to anger anyone, but what do people see in MKWii that makes them like it more than the other Mario Karts? (Other than Wifi)
I can think of some reasons:

1) This game has the most playable router in Mario Kart history that most people would like to play

2) Toadette is in this game because she's awesome

3) 12 racers meaning more chaotic and crazy finishes when racing

4) Performing tricks makes you sexy

5) This game having four controls

This my top five reasons with out adding Wifi. Though Wifi is basically one of the best reasons to play this game.

fraudster111

Smash Apprentice
Your right:) Golden wheels, 3 star rankers and 9999 point players. They think their the best, but they aren't really.
I personally think one star looks cooler by your name. Most of the people that have 9999 are hackers. HACKERS make me so angry, imagine being chased the entire race by a **** who constantly has star or getting hit by first place bombs 3times in a roll. IN A ROLL

jumpman9793

Smash Apprentice
When a hacker joins your room and uses hacks ftw, you should just leave after the race ends. There's no point in staying.

As far as exchanging FC codes, www.mariokartwii.com is MKW forum. Perhaps you could find people there.
I hate it when hackers show up. Its not as frequent as Kart DS, but when they do it gets annoying to lose VR because someone has an infinite star. Nintendo should find a way to automatically kick any hackers.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I haven't played online in a while, I gave up after lag/hackers started screwing me over. I'd finish the race and my hud would tell me I'm in 4th but when the results are in I'd end up in 8th or crap. ****. That.

Games'n'Music

Smash Cadet
That reminds me. I was playing as a Guest with a friend of mine and one of these hackers showed up. I found it to be funny because they lost the race anyways. It was in Delfino Plaza. We were just about to make a left turn with all those buildings and this freak owns all of us with 4 freakin' bombs. One right after another. Seriously, what a loser.

jumpman9793

Smash Apprentice
That reminds me. I was playing as a Guest with a friend of mine and one of these hackers showed up. I found it to be funny because they lost the race anyways. It was in Delfino Plaza. We were just about to make a left turn with all those buildings and this freak owns all of us with 4 freakin' bombs. One right after another. Seriously, what a loser.
Yeah, alot of hackers seem to enjoy torturing other racers than finishing the race. They sometimes wait in narrow corridors and then use a star and drop tons of bombs so no one can get through. They need to stop hindering people who want to play Mario Kart the way it was supposed to be played and get a life.

Games'n'Music

Smash Cadet
How is it awesome? It completely destroys the purpose of Wi-Fi play. If someone is going to hack they should do it offline and not ruin online play for everybody else.

Its not even fun. Knowing what item you're going to get next, knowing that you're never going to get placed lower than 1st. Where's the thrill? Where's the fun?

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Well, I agree that hackers that hack ftw can find a couch to sit on in hell, ftl hackers are pretty cool. If they hack their VR high enough (35000) and place last, almost no one loses VR if they place low.

You have to try it to understand how fun it is xD
I don't hack anymore since I kind of lost the thrill of it, but it definately makes the game more fun when you use them.

Games'n'Music

Smash Cadet
I guess in a way it could be fun for the first couple times, but hacking frequently to place first is just wrong.

Someone who goes by the name Mr. Bean is well known for hacking. They say he owns everyone with all these crazy load of items, but then places last on purpose so everyone who played gets their VR increased.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I can't blame hackers, wifi is boring.

No text chat
No voice chat
No variety of settings [all bananas or all bombs would be fun] for races

The only reason to play wifi over playing with bots is to get away from rubber band AI but when you consider lag it's a lose-lose situation. Worse $50 I've ever spent.

Alzi

Smash Master
airgemini does have a point about how hacking can be fun.

I've never tried it don't know how to anyway but i can imagine throwing 50 blue shells and 10 bombs at a time that it would put a smile to my face.

Shök

Smash Champion
Thino is right. FTL hackers are fun, but they can become boring over time. Pro rooms are more fun.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
I can't blame hackers, wifi is boring.

No text chat
No voice chat
No variety of settings [all bananas or all bombs would be fun] for races

The only reason to play wifi over playing with bots is to get away from rubber band AI but when you consider lag it's a lose-lose situation. Worse $50 I've ever spent.
Cause clearly you were smart enough to know that online is the SOLE reason to buy a game..... and a NINTENDO game for that matter *rolls eyes*

metaknave

Smash Apprentice
Ive had Mario Kart Wii for over a year, but I only started seeing hackers late June this year. The first one I saw was ftw, but I was able to hit him with a starman, then sped away with a golden shroom before the game froze. Since then, Ive seen about ten other hackers, mostly ftw on regional battle. Luckily, I was able to befriend battle hackers by wheelieing-in-place. My brothers have also seen hackers; my littlest one only battled with them, and the older only raced one. I remember three names: old man, Dr. Chaos, and silveria, all on battle.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Well, I hacked simply to get Dry Bowser, my fav racer on there. I just Bullet Billed my way through all the CPUs.

And sending about 30 or so Spiny shells towards the poor b@stard in first place is just fun - there's no arguing that point. :chuckle:

Not on Wi-Fi, though. I'm not that low. It's hilarious pounding CPUs anyway.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Cause clearly you were smart enough to know that online is the SOLE reason to buy a game..... and a NINTENDO game for that matter *rolls eyes*
I've played it with my friends and it wasn't much better, the frame rate was just terrible. Online or not the game just sucks. Maybe they'll get it right next time, if there is a next time.

Lovely

Smash Lord
I've played it with my friends and it wasn't much better, the frame rate was just terrible. Online or not the game just sucks. Maybe they'll get it right next time, if there is a next time.
♣ I could had told you that, that's why I always recommend people bring their Wii's and TV's when they come over my house to play Mario Kart Wii because it lags when there's 4 players on one screen, that much they messed up. I would say this game sucks because compare to the other Mario Kart's, this game has strong points. ♥

♣ Also what does Rubber Band AI means? I keep hearing that but I never knew the term most people was talking about. ♥

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
♣ Also what does Rubber Band AI means? I keep hearing that but I never knew the term most people was talking about. ♥
Another term for cheating AI's. Not much of a bother for me since I'm a cheap 3★ person with Toadette. =3

Edited: More info: "If an AI opponent falls far enough behind the rest of the drivers it receives a boost in speed or other attributes, enabling it to catch up and/or again become competitive." it's very common in racing games sadly. )=

POKE40

Smash Lord
Another term for cheating AI's. Not much of a bother for me since I'm a cheap 3★ person with Toadette. =3

Edited: More info: "If an AI opponent falls far enough behind the rest of the drivers it receives a boost in speed or other attributes, enabling it to catch up and/or again become competitive." it's very common in racing games sadly. )=

Ack!
That's why they are soclose in beating me :mad:
the CPUs are cheating. I thought I was going slow.

:mad:
that's why I'm so far ahead then the CPUs are right behind me in like 15 secs.

:mad:

metaknave

Smash Apprentice
I think there should be a Funky Kong ban. :p
His speed boost is nearly unnoticable in vs matches, although it is needed in time trials for better times. He can be beaten with well-timed shroom boosts or (if you're desperate) giving him a red shell after a POW or a blue shell. He's not as good as metaknight in Brawl due to items being allowed for competitive play, so a ban is unneeded. And what if someone uses Funky not because of his speed, but for his looks or something. The only thing I hate about him is his annoying voice. I personally use Rosalina, Baby Luigi, or my Mii. They all get speed boosts, but they are more negligible than Funky's or Daisy's.

My mini-rant is over. :)

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
First of all I've finally unlocked all characters, which I'm proud of XD.

Secondly, does the Wild Wing actually have an inwards drift, or does it just have a really good outwards one? Because to me it feels like the Bowser Bike, Torpedo and Mach Bike when it drifts, as I have good control over it, but it still seems to come away from the corner rather than into it.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Oh, I'm in no way complaining about Funky Kong.
I'm actually for people using him.

But it is a little annoying when you're in a race and everyone except maybe 3 people aren't using Funky Kong or Daisy. :p
All my online matches have 2 Yoshi's, 2 Peach's, a Mii and Bowser Jr.

Always :laugh:.

I prefer other characters over FK, but he did help a lot with the Staff Ghosts.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I totally forgot Bowser Jr was in the game...

Does Dry Bowser get any kinds of boosts to anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom