• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Mario Kart Wii

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonymous Brawler

Smash Journeyman
^ Replace heavy character with Funky Kong and you're correct. However, Funky Kong is just the best character in terms of speed. Other characters such as Toadette and the Magik Cruiser e xcel the most in offroad, while Toad and the Quaker are the best in acceleration, and so on. You'll find that almost everyone uses the Flame Runner, Mach Bike, and Bullet Bike.

http://mkwcomparator.lozi.org/ you can use that to compare multiple characters and different bikes/karts.

Ninja'd
But yeah, Funky Kong is the best overall.
If funky kong and flame runner are the best combination, why I dont see it everywhere like MK in brawl?

BSP

Smash Legend
Or Daisy on the mach bike, it gets pretty annyoing between her and Funky's shouts lol.

BEES

Smash Lord
Snaking is pointless and futile in MK Wii. Drifting is very useful of course, and getting as many turbos as possible is a good idea, but you can't snake on the straights anymore because of the delay between starting a drift and getting the boost.

Most players online use the big 3 bikes and wheelie whenever possible on the straights.

I will point out that of all the karts, the Flame Flyer is the fastest usable kart, and Rosalina/Funky both work well on it. (Rosalina's miniturbo bonus helps more on a kart). It is probably the 4th best vehicle online, and it's the only kart I would recommend even thinking about using if you want to use a kart.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
That kart is kind of trash. /:
With its acceleration it wont reach top speed until you're already in last place. Plus with its bad drift everytime you get into high speeds you'll likely lose it from steering offroad. There are definitely better karts like the Wild Wing.

BEES

Smash Lord
The drifting arc is good enough to perform every turn in the game. You should be doing standstill miniturbos instead of accelerating.

It requires skill to use, but when mastered it will reward more than any other kart.

The Wild Wing is trash on the straights. Not even a chance of keeping up with the bikes. The Mini Beast and Honeycoupe have the same disadvantage.

*edit, wrong lightweight thingy.

BEES

Smash Lord
I tested this and confirmed it with other karters on the MKWii forum years ago. Although the Wild Wing might appear to have an advantage in stats:

Wild Wing with Daisy
61 Speed
62 Turbo

Flame Flyer with Rosalina
65 Speed
51 Turbo

In the real world the Flame Flyer beats the Wild Wing on most courses in time trials. The reason is actually the reason you stated the kart was worse. Because it has a worse turning circle, it is a BETTER kart. Confused? The Flame Flyer develops yellow miniturbos more often than the Wild Wing because it can lean into its drifts more. Every time you get the yellow turbo, that's like doubling the vehicle's miniturbo stat. So even if you get the yellow turbo just 10% more... that's enough.

BEES

Smash Lord
Does anyone even use karts in this game anymore? The game should be called Mario Bike Wii.
It's true. There are very few karts. You can do well with a kart, but you will always be at a disadvantage against the best bikes, unless you happen to be on Rainbow Road or Ghost Valley.

I don't know if there are even karts these days. I don't play MK online anymore. In fact the only reason I came to the thread was to ask if there were a hacking project analogous to Brawl+ for the game, because I lost interest.

Anonymous Brawler

Smash Journeyman
You can do well with a kart, but you will always be at a disadvantage against the best bikes, unless you happen to be on Rainbow Road or Ghost Valley.
Why are karts better on rainbown road, but not in other tracks? I guess its because its not straight like the others but I dont know

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Just played with the flame runner and it fells so weird! I cant drift like I did before, but I will keep trying

Accidentally double posted, sorry
Yeah, there are two different types of drifting. For a bike like the Flame Runner, it's better to drift really sharp around a corner, and with some other bikes it's the opposite, and you want to start drifting before you even get to the corner. You'll get used to it

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Anyone who hacks MK Wii is the scum of the earth.

My friend code, add me dam it

0388-1194-6637

Thino

Smash Master
Why are karts better on rainbown road, but not in other tracks? I guess its because its not straight like the others but I dont know
Rainbow Road and Ghost valley have a combination have a combination of curves and boost that allows them to be able to keep up to the bikes wheelies , just check out the kart WRs for those tracks , my youtube is full of them

http://www.youtube.com/user/shurithino

Rainbow Road
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53aAKttyHd8

Ghost Valley
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hki6Lsqtiu4

also snaking actually IS useful and mandatory but on large tracks only

like Peach garden
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jGmc8cB3bg

Luigi Circuit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FtST_R4Yw8

Mario Circuit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS2AZP5kU8k

or Delfino Square
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTvRWp0FAmk

Wild Wing is better in WW races cuz it can avoid items better than Flame Flyer

Shök

Smash Champion
Lol I'm not mad.
Infact, I have a few hacker friends that lose to give free VR but still make getting through the course hell. :bee:

Fun stuff. :D

I should probably play the game soon. I haven't played for at least a month. D:
Oh yes.

Of course you do... >_>

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
My friend code is 4511-0851-4864. I'll race anyone, but don't bother adding me if you're a hacker.

BSP

Smash Legend
Hackers are mad fun unless they hack to win.

I think I might try to get 9999 VR with Flame Flyer. I know I'll get annoyed with being a huge target though.

BEES

Smash Lord
I started hacking in single player. Just stuff like increasing the speed, changing some of the item properties to balance the game more. Online we don't hack though. It's not very sporting.

Rhodechill

Smash Rookie
Haha, I'm an expert on Mario Kart Wii :D

I have 2 flap worldrecord and a few worldwide top tens. I've migrated to a SSB site now, and I'm not nearly as good.

Rhodechill

Smash Rookie
I wish I was able to hack my Mario Kart Wii.

Some of my races are uploaded on Youtube via my friend's channel. I'm not that good, but nyeh.

-Terywj
You know, hakcers used to be rare. And fun. But now 25% of rooms you enter have a hacker in it. It's not fun anymore. It's annoying. Even if you purposely lose. So please, stop. It's not lulzy when there's hundreds of 8 year olds out there doing it every day, too.

Shök

Smash Champion
You know, hakcers used to be rare. And fun. But now 25% of rooms you enter have a hacker in it. It's not fun anymore. It's annoying. Even if you purposely lose. So please, stop. It's not lulzy when there's hundreds of 8 year olds out there doing it every day, too.
Yep. You're right. Even FTL hackers are boring nowadays. I, personally, don't add anymore hackers. Only legit players. :p

I don't think I've seen any of your records. Lol.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
I play online all the time at a steady 8000 rank and I have only seen three hackers in the last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom