• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario & Luigi based moveset?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dairz

Smash Ace
Does anyone else think that Luigi's moveset being based on the M&L games is a good idea? Of course, I like his current moveset, and I highly doubt this would ever happen, but just think about the possibilities. He could have specials based on bros. attacks, and normals involving punches/kicks and his hammer.

For example:

B- Thunder Shot
Like the fireball, but causes electric damage, is faster, goes farther, and does less knockback.

Side B- Spin Jump
Luigi ascends a short distance (even in air), and can travel left and right for a few seconds. Opponents can get caught in it for several low damaging attacks.

Up B- Thunder Jump
Like Fire Jump, but electric.

Down B- Ball
Luigi rolls into a ball and travels around the stage, similar to Yoshi or Sonic, but with more control, less speed, and slightly more damage.

Up Smash: Luigi pulls out a random item (fire flower, shell, pow block) that can have various effects. (fire, knockback, stun)
Side Smash: Luigi swings his hammer forward, like the normal hammer attack.
Down Smash: Lugi swings his hammer aroud in a circle, like that one drill move.

Forgot to mention, but this moveset would also make Luigi completely unique from Mario, and bring possibilities for a Mario & Luigi stage.

(Oh my god, a stage inside of Bowser..)

Last edited by a moderator:

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
I wouldn't want his moveset to be entirely based around Mario & Luigi, as I think that Luigi's Mansion is a much more important Luigi game to draw inspiration from. However, I wouldn't mind seeing some more thunder based moves.
I'm thinking the thunderhand would be a good forward smash. Other than that, I think most of his moves should be from Luigi's Mansion, such as the Poltergust or the Strobulb.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I think that the only move of Luigi's that could really need changing is the fireball. Change it to the thunderhand. Seems more likely considering M&L Superstar Saga just released on the Wii U Virtual Console.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I still think Luigi should drop the fire flower and start using Thunderhand more prominently, he's the Green Thunder, after all!

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
I think the hammer would be better as a side special move, considering the hammers have traditionally been mapped to B and been considered special in the series; Sakurai tends to make that transition in controls.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
If we get an Inside Bowser stage that'd be pretty awesome (Bowser-ception!), but I don't think we should get anything more from the M&L titles. Maybe a Dream Team Stage.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom