• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Matchup(Updated 06/29/09)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
It's not really a good discussion because the troll posted wrong information that doesn't need to be replied to. That Pika Cam fella' wasted time replying to a banned account. Not a single sane Mario would side with that guy because nothing he said was even close to an accurate representation of this matchup.
Lol, I didn't realize he was banned. I don't think it's bad to discuss the complexities of the MU. The thread was bumped back up, and I didn't want what that guy said to stay on there without being disputed at all.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
What Cam said.

Smart people won't listen to the troll, but inexperienced people might because they don't know any better. It's a good thing that someone stepped in to correct the inaccurate info that was posted.

Kirkon

Smash Cadet
No way is it in Pikachu's favor. Mario can do so many things to Pikachu with that cape of his. He can reflect Thunderjolt and use Thunder against him. He beats Pikachu offstage. FLUDD absolutely wrecks Quick attack, as does cape. Pikachu cannot edgeguard with Thunder, because Mario has the Cape. A good Mario will NOT get grabbed, the cape can turn around anyone that tries to grab him. If both of them are offstage, Mario can FLUDD Quick attack and send Pikachu falling, while he uses FLUDD to recover back to the stage.

I dont really like matchup numbers, but I say 65-35 Mario, maybe even 70-30 Mario.

Just hope you're a lot better than whoever's using Mario.
No offense, but your post seems a bit biased, especially considering the fact that the word MARIO is in your name. You also seem to have a misunderstanding of how matchups go. The matchup actually isn't that bad, I think you just play someone that is better than you skill-wise. Matchups are meant for people with equal or similar skill. I used to think it was mario's advantage too(not 65-35 though) until I played a friend's Pikachu.

tl;dr version: Your post seems biased, you seem to misunderstand how matchups go, and its not Mario's favor

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
No offense, but your post seems a bit biased, especially considering the fact that the word MARIO is in your name. You also seem to have a misunderstanding of how matchups go. The matchup actually isn't that bad, I think you just play someone that is better than you skill-wise. Matchups are meant for people with equal or similar skill. I used to think it was mario's advantage too(not 65-35 though) until I played a friend's Pikachu.

tl;dr version: Your post seems biased, you seem to misunderstand how matchups go, and its not Mario's favor
Papermario12 is a longtime troll of the Pikachu boards who wouldn't go away, hence the "Banned" under his name.

Just a friendly fyi. :)

Kirkon

Smash Cadet
Papermario12 is a longtime troll of the Pikachu boards who wouldn't go away, hence the "Banned" under his name.

Just a friendly fyi. :)
0.0 SO i wasted time? o.o

before we get off topic, I think its Pikachu's favor sure. Mario has Cape and FLUDD sure, but if Pika is not predictable, Mario can not(and will not) be getting him with those moves. Pikachu just has more over him than the other way around. IIRC, they both kill each other at around the same time. Pikachu has speed, QUACK, a better projectile(it can be reflected but so what, Mario just got baited into an aerial attack), amazing recovery(mario has Cape and FLUDD but they arent going to touch him unless the Pikachu is an idiot(no offense), and a DTilt that isnt useless(LOL) 55-45 Pikachu, overall

Ps: whats a troll?

gallax

Smash Hero
mario matchup is finished. i figured that i would write only the imprtant stuff in this one. everything else comes with experience. if anyone wants me to add more to it then just say so and it will be done.

Inaphyt

Smash Apprentice
i'm hearing lot's of stupidity, humans players work like this (or should), pika can tjolt and then punish from above but then the mario player goes oh wow i just got punished for caping maybe i wont do that again and instead shield or just does an upsmash which can cancel your projectile and hit pikachu at the same time or just jump away and reverse fireball.

This is why matchups are ******** players learn no tactic is in stone.

I happen to think mario has the advantage just from range on his basic moves, smashes are actually pretty quick sometimes and i think he has better ones than pikachu.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Pikachu and Mario have the same range... Actually Pikachu prob has more overall range due to his tail.

lets see...

jab: Pikachu

ftilt: same
dtilt: Pikachu
Utilt: Same vertically, Pikachu has more horizontally

fsmash: Pikachu
usmash: Same
dsmash: Same

nair: Same
fair: Same
uair: hard to tell, gonna put it as same by visuals
dair: Pikachu
bair: Mario

yea.. nearly same lol

Inaphyt

Smash Apprentice
Pikachu and Mario have the same range... Actually Pikachu prob has more overall range due to his tail.

lets see...

jab: Pikachu edit: yea but as pikachu uses his head instead of a large white glove and his hit's don't progressively get stronger mario's is better.

ftilt: same edit: yea but marios is higher off the ground and puts the opponent in a better position and is less easily punished especially at low percentages.
dtilt: Pikachu edit: pikachu dtilt> mario hands down
Utilt: Same vertically, Pikachu has more horizontally

fsmash: Pikachu
usmash: Same
dsmash: Same

nair: Same
fair: Same
uair: hard to tell, gonna put it as same by visuals edit: marios uair is alot more powerful and nearly as quick.
dair: Pikachu
bair: Mario

yea.. nearly same lol
i guess i'm talking about speed, range and power ratios i think mario has it.

anything pretty much where pikachu outranges mario isn't as powerful, except maybe fsmash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom