• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Matchup

Vultron

Smash Apprentice
Okay, aside from the advice that everyone gives about using Nair on fireballs, how do you personally fight mario? What do you do when he does a DownThrow > Up Tilt > Up Tilt > Up Smash. What's the best way to avoid his Fair? Anything like that.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Try Di and SDi
That's how you don't get combo'd

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
I mean like which directions are best for anything that leads to Fair and his Chain Grab combos.
He has a lot of options that lead to a fair tho... uair, utilt, upsmash, dthrow, and dtilt. Dtilt... I guess away. You can't escape dthrow. Mario can wait for the Di and just do it. If you Di behind a decent/bad mario that will save you from time to time tho. Idk about usmash and the other two should be away. If some of those aren't right, just figure it out on your mario friends. For the cg just try to land on a platform or off stage. Spamming up b so you can just dair onto a platform is also an option.

Vultron

Smash Apprentice
He has a lot of options that lead to a fair tho... uair, utilt, upsmash, dthrow, and dtilt. Dtilt... I guess away. You can't escape dthrow. Mario can wait for the Di and just do it. If you Di behind a decent/bad mario that will save you from time to time tho. Idk about usmash and the other two should be away. If some of those aren't right, just figure it out on your mario friends. For the cg just try to land on a platform or off stage. Spamming up b so you can just dair onto a platform is also an option.
Thanks! I don't play against very many Marios so I am pretty new to the matchup. What about his offstage game? Or any specific area where Mario lacks?

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Thanks! I don't play against very many Marios so I am pretty new to the matchup. What about his offstage game? Or any specific area where Mario lacks?
The only place he is lacking, is in his recovery. Its pretty linear. The up b wall jump is practically nonexistent now. He has to already be touching the wall before he does the up b, to get the wall jump. His up b still has 7 frames of invincibility, so you'll have to watch out for that.

His off stage game is pretty much what it was in all the other patches.

His hitboxes> yours

Top Bottom