• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Mario Party

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I hate any of the Bowser games in MP4 except Fruits of Doom. :laugh: Bowser is so lazy haha, I don't think it really matters what fruit you give him on the first like, 4 turns.

I almost always hit the Bowser logo in Darts of Doom, and I just hate Balloon of Doom because I would always get nervous and accidentally blow it up too much and then it'd blow up.

I did however enjoy most of MP4's mini-games. I think my favorite was and still is Trace Race.
Bowser games were fun in MP4. The Fruit one was awesome. Trace Race was also awesome, but when my brother and I play Double Vision in MPDS, we draw random and sometimes inappropriate things. It's so funny.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I've always hated Bowser's Big Blast. They had to remake it in MP4 X_x
I hated it too, since it had no strategy whatsoever.

Anyway, Face away is called Look Away in my cart. Go Fig.
Anyway, Look away was pretty funny.

DK looked and danced funny in Move to the Music.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I've always hated Bowser's Big Blast. They had to remake it in MP4 X_x
Opposite feeling for me. I always loved it when someone blows up in that mini game. XD

Bowser's Lovely Lift is strangely my favorite mini games. Mario Party 7 has a good amount of mini games I like, just that the boards I didn't like so much. x_x

Shök

Smash Champion
I think we could all agree that it would be perfect if Mario Party 9 had online capabilities.

UberMario

Smash Master
Only if dc'ing is punished and an ai gets subbed in when it does occur, plus a mini-game only mode. :lick:

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I think we could all agree that it would be perfect if Mario Party 9 had online capabilities.
Hmm, I think online for Mario Party would only fit for Mini games and not the board, it would take too long to complete while being online.

Only if dc'ing is punished and an ai gets subbed in when it does occur, plus a mini-game only mode. :lick:
I guess that could work to. =P

I liked the 8-player games in MP7. Mic games=eww.
I kind of liked the Mic mini games, just not the 4-player mini game but the 1 vs 3 one.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Chance Time is **** and I LOVE IT actually naw screw chance time.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink

It means disconnecting. I also hope that MP9 includes online or at least has SOME upgrade instead of just new minigames.
Sounds like a solid idea, but what I don't want to see is...well let's see what you guys think of this:

Okay I played MP the day it came out...and from then on it's still my favorite MP simply because, well...it's simple! You've got the obvious "blue is good, red is bad" "Oh no, chance time is luck" "What does this ? do?" ... it's pretty simple really. (8 different spaces, counting one for where the star would land IIRC)

MP2 upgraded a little with the worlds, the outfits, duel spaces/item spaces...there were 10 different spaces to land on in that game I think.

MP3 was still okay, getting a little more complicated.

But now let me just jump ahead to MP8... I don't know much about it either but I think there were 6 boards, 9 spaces and then a bunch of "candies" (14 of them I believe). That was a ridiculous rant but I felt like when I saw MP8 it was really complicated. I'm probably wrong though. (it had other problems too but, meh)

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Original items are where it's at. Capsules/candy=no.
I didn't like MP8. I found it boring. MP2 is my fave because of the costumes and the fun mini-games.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Costumes were legit. Mario Party 3 had the shot of being super legit if they let the partners onto the bigger better maps like Waluigi's Island.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I actually liked the concept of shops over random items. I'm glad they brought them back in MPDS. Mainly because, as much as MP has to do with luck, it shouldn't become to dependent on luck. With stores, it rewards people who played well and allows for people to make decisions that will effect them later on.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Stores are OK, but they suck when you have really powerful items. There should never EVER be an item that allows you to teleport to a star, an item that destroys half the opponent's coins, an item that can take stars from opponents (besides stuff like Boo Bell)/if they land on that space they lose it, etc. If all you have is mushrooms/triple mushrooms/golden mushrooms, and maybe minor stuff like items that take 10-15 coins away or items that have you swap places with people or what not, then yeah shops are fine. Otherwise no.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Stores are OK, but they suck when you have really powerful items. There should never EVER be an item that allows you to teleport to a star, an item that destroys half the opponent's coins, an item that can take stars from opponents (besides stuff like Boo Bell)/if they land on that space they lose it, etc. If all you have is mushrooms/triple mushrooms/golden mushrooms, and maybe minor stuff like items that take 10-15 coins away or items that have you swap places with people or what not, then yeah shops are fine. Otherwise no.

I completely agree. Especially late game, when they get extremely annoying. With the correct fixes though, they would make a far more effective alternative to random items.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
If MP9 exists, make it like the originals. I'd like to see stores, costumes, and some remastered mini-games.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Usually those items were 40/50/60+ coins IIRC? (not counting mystery bag and such). I don't think they screwed up/unbalance the game... that's what I remember from MP3. I really liked its items, especially the cellphones :p

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
No a lot of items you could get for like 30. Like spend 30 on the item, teleport to star. Spend 20-30, ruin half their coins. I can't recall an item that was more than 50. Actually not sure what was 50 coins either.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Yeah I kinda was doubting. *googles*

Code:
Mushroom
    Price: 5 Coins
    Buy From: Toad
    Information: When used, you get to hit 2 dice blocks instead of one (for
                 that turn only) and the numbers on both blocks will combine
                 and that's how much you'll move. If you get the same number
                 on both blocks, you'll gain 20 Coins as an added prize.

Skeleton Key
    Buy From: Toad or Baby Bowser
    Information: You can unlock locked doors in your path with this Key. It
                 disappears after you use it, though.

Poison Mushroom
    Buy From: Baby Bowser
    Information: When you use this, the character you used it on will only be
                 able to roll from 1 to 3 on the dice block when it's their
                 turn (only lasts for one turn though).

Reverse Mushroom
    Information: When used, it makes the character used on move in the other
                 direction on their turn.

Cellular Shopper
    Information: When used, you can summon Toad or Baby Bowser and buy an
                 item from them on the spot.

Warp Block
    Information: When used, you trade places with a random character on the
                 board.

Plunder Chest
    Price: 10 Coins
    Information: You can steal another character's item with this. You can
                 pick who to steal from, but you don't choose which of their
                 items you get.

Bowser Phone
    Information: When used, you can summon Bowser and send him after another
                 character. That person must then go through Bowser's
                 roulette and accept whatever happens.

Dueling Glove
    Information: When used, you and the character of your choice must wager
                 an amount of Coins and play a Duel game to decide who wins
                 them.

Lucky Lamp
    Information: When used, Mushroom Jeanie appears and causes the location
                 of Millennium Star to change, meaning that the star location
                 on the board will change to a random place.

Golden Mushroom
    Information: When used, 3 dice blocks appear for you to use. The amounts
                 on each will combine and that's how far you move.

Bowser Suit
    Information: When used, it outfits the character used on with a Bowser
                 suit. After they hit the dice block, whoever's in their path
                 gives you 20 Coins.

Boo Repellant
    Information: When you have this item, if anyone sends Boo after you to
                 steal Coins or Stars, this spray will scare it away.

Boo Bell
    Price: 15 Coins
    Information: When used, you can summon Boo to steal Coins or Stars from
                 other players.

Magic Lamp
    Price: 20 Coins
    Information: When you use this item, you can summon a genie to take you
                 to Millennium Star so you can buy a Star. It's recommended
                 that you have 20 Coins to spare before using this, or you'll
                 just be wasting this item.

Item Bag
    Price: 30 Coins
    Buy From: Toad or Baby Bowser
    Information: When you buy this item, you can get random items from it by
                 hitting it.
Yeah, things were mad cheap LOL.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah Duel Glove. Being able to Duel someone on command for only 10 coins is kinda broken.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Yes but remember you're not the only one playing, as easy as you can get those items, so can the other players.

UberMario

Smash Master
Reverse Mushroom was awesome, you could abuse it in MP3 at Chilly Waters to use Boo 3 times in a row.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ah, but Dekuu you also have to remember that only toad sells it. That and if you duel someone and win, they are gonna have to get some more coins to try and duel you again if they want to even think about breaking even.

Patinator

Smash Champion
I've played MP1, MP2, MP7, and MP8. ...I really prefer the first two. -.- MP8 is probably the least favorite game I own... I don't particularly know why, but I just don't like it. :/

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
MP8 has more duel minigames than 4 player minigames

That's why it blows balls

Honestly the best ones are probably 1, 2, and 3. Past 4 you had them take the game and warp it around to whatever they thought would be a good idea like the Mic, Dueling, 1 player story mode, etc

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
It's hard to find the duel mini games that's not from a 4 player mini game in MP8, there are at least 5 or 7 that I like, I'll name them later. I think I said MP 6 was my favorite, I just love E.Gadd Garage. =3

UberMario

Smash Master
My two favorite boards from MP6 are Faire Square and Clockwork Castle. The former you can use a microphone cheat to (almost) always get 5 coins per star (plus they let you get as many stars as you can buy for [I think] 100 coins, or was it a max of 5 stars per trip?) so if you do a 50-round game you can get something crazy like 40 stars or more. Clockwork Castle was just extremely random. The direction of the board reversed at night and Bowser and DK took turns (between night and day) to roll their own dice blocks.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Just had a games night with some mates and we pulled out Mario Party.

Preeeetty sure bumber balls is the greatest mini game ever invented :D

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
I love MP5, the bonus/extra games were great...I haven't played a MP game in a while, MP8 lost my interest quickly

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Mario Party 4 was my fav because of the volleyball game that was fun and getting all the presents.

I still haven't till this day sadly and one day I am gonna get them all.

I think after 5 when they introduced the Mic and stopped having a legit story mode....the series died a bit for me T~T

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I love getting the little toys in MP4. I believe that is why it has replay value.

BTW, mic started in 6 and only lasted another game.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
yea 5 had the stars from paper mario. I liked this one. *no mic*

6 was the day and night *mic*

7 was the cruise. *mic*

I am really hoping (if they release another) MP9 is gonna be back to their roots a bit more.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
lol at DMG acting as if Mario Party is competitive.

The only thing I really wish that they wouldn't do is make mini-games ENTIRELY BASED ON RANDOM CHANCE. Like seriously...those are just no fun at all and all you need to do is hit the A button until it's over. =/

And I disagree about DMG's stance on items. Items and shops are one of the better elements of the game, since they allow more reliable options for players. Mario Party is already insanely broken and unfair due to the way Dice is in general, and if someone can get randomly screwed over for free when you land on a Happening space, I really can't say it's unfair to get a free trip to the next Star for 30 coins, especially since the (somewhat) random placement of the Star can get pretty gay since it screws over people who chase the Star through Dice rolls. And it's still really gay for the person who actually got the star to consistently maintain a lead if other smart players are aware that the next star is always placed in a position that is very difficult for that person to reach.

Those items are really only unfair when your "competition" consists of casual video gamers that have no technical skill, since if you're constantly winning 99% of the mini games, you're pretty much going to be the only player getting the items you want consistently AND still have money to afford stars. And no person with half a brain will want to challenge you to a duel if you're the best player in the house unless they have absolutely nothing to lose.

eman

Smash Apprentice
These games are purely amazing. Mario Party (1) will remain the best game ever! Trying to get all the stars with all of your friends is a blast. Its the perfect game if you want to have a party, lol. Depends on how many turns you put the game on. Ahh, the days of Mario Party are behind me. I need to bring them back :D

Top Bottom