• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Questions and Answers; Ask here first!

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Remind me what matchups besides Falco and DDD are not worth playing at all, because I only count two non-MK matchups that we can't deal with in some way.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I'm not sold on Marth being harder than Falco, if at least because Marth's physics are far more ideal for Mario to work with when juggling and comboing him. You're not going to have many chances to get inside the range of either character, but getting inside Marth is significantly more rewarding since once you put him above you, he can't just spam D-air or shield at low percents the way Falco most likely will. The threat of Falco's D-air alone is likely going to force you to stale U-smash. Also Falco juggles Mario better than Marth does and doesn't really kill later with his aerials.

The main thing argument for saying Falco is easier is counterpicking him to Brinstar, which if he has a brain, he'll ban. Then he'll dominate you in new creative ways on whatever stage you're left to pick and hope he doesn't have specific knowledge of.

Oh also, landing a Jab on Marth is utterly amazing when it happens. Landing a Jab on Falco...you can link into Up-B I guess.

SKidd

Smash Master
What are all Mario's MUs that are 30:70(for the opposition) and worse?

Inferno3044

Smash Master
MK, D3 (even without infinite), Marth, and maybe Falco. If a Falco camps Mario hardcore, I would consider it 7:3. By hardcore camp I mean basically no aggression whatsoever.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
MK is like 80:20
DDD is 70:30
I can't really give Marth a 70:30 with a straight face. I'm inclined to give Falco a 70:30, but that's because M@V kicked my *** like a year ago.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
DDD is 60:40 at worst (Maybe 65 with infinite, maybe). MK is closer to 75:25 IMO, and Falco is fairly close to 70:30

Marth is at 65:45, I think. Snake is probably close around there.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
G&W vs. Mario isn't that bad. Pretty damn easy honestly. Just don't let them take you to Rainbow Cruise. And even then as long as you avoid stupid situations it isn't hard.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
MK, DDD, Falco, Snake are -3 or worse
Marth is -2
GW is -1

Diddy, Pit and Kirby harder than GW. I think they're all -2 as well.

:059:

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I have a slightly difficult time thinking Pit is -2, but it doesn't quite sound... unreasonable. It's weird. Pit vs Mario has been kinda fun in my experience, mostly because I haven't had that Pit that tried to gay me from the start.

I did learn once that mirror sheild can turn around my up-B when Y.b.M. once got me with it.

:phone:

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I also doubt pit as -2 but the only time I played a pit in tourney I was highly aggravated and just to get it over so I don't remember much. I did terribly in R2 pools at pound (I think each opponent at least 2 stocked me once. I wasn't on top of it.) and in amateur bracket I had the most bull**** thing happen (dot eyed turnip to bob-omb) right before I played the pit (luckay)

:phone:

SKidd

Smash Master
Remember the video I posted of me vs. the ROB?

I beat him in tourney last tourney. 2-0. He took me to Brinstar.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Pit vs Mario feels -1. Luckay knows the match-up well...but he doesn't play that gay against me since we've never played in tourney...so it could be worse. His disjoints alone give us trouble, especially since his jab beats every aerial approach.

Ban Brinstar. Trust me on this.

steep

Smash Lord
Someone should do a thread on which characters Mario should play "fast" against and on which characters we should play "slow" against.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
How about a 2011-2012 updated metagame guide for mario instead?
Since we all gain knowledge from earlier this year.

This year has flew by pretty damn fast, hasn't it?

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I've had a few guide ideas recently.

Too bad I suck at writing them, and I don't feel knowledgable enough to spout my opinions as fact.

NNID
LilG912
Someone should do a thread on which characters Mario should play "fast" against and on which characters we should play "slow" against.
Just play safe w/ Mario. When it comes to high tiers, you need to play safe and watch out whats gonna come to you. Low tiers, don't play fast on them a.k.a aggro cuz they'll prob read you like a book and counter your moves, let your opponent be aggro so you can easily read his moves. Mid tiers, it all depends but hey, Mario got a good aerial pressure game fighting his opponents so imo I think it depends on skill lvl b/w u and your opponent so you gotta think while ure playing if u wanna play fast or slow on him, thats how I see it.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Kmatador77

I should be on for most of the afternoon (1-7 EST)...I forget what that time equates to for you, but hopefully you can catch me then.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Nope, nobody shows up.

If everyone that's been asking about them recently were to show up, that alone would be enough to do this tho.

I need interest. I need Skype names and times that are best for you guys, otherwise I can't see it happening.

stack

Smash Cadet
NNID
stack0123
I'm usually on Skype late in the afternoon, usually around 5-11pm, particularly around the weekends.

We probably should have kept all discussions, whether they be casual or serious, on Xat. It doesn't seem like many Mario's on here have a Skype account and the ones that do have one rarely use it. The only advantage I see to using Skype is that we can use mics to talk to each other, which isn't really a big deal in my opinion. In fact, I don't ever recall anyone using them at all back when Calebyte was in charge of the Skype discussions.

Top Bottom