• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario123311's "Smash 5"

Mario123311

Smash Ace
[[I AM NOT SPECULATING THAT THIS IS WILL ACTUALLY BE THE ROSTER OF SMASH 5]]

Well, With the final DLC being revealed and the increasing amount of fire and flames I am seeing being fed gasoline I decided to make this, Just because I did find it disappointing too. ((Though I am not going ape**** like most people.))
It's still a WIP technically and I want people to vote on something which I will explain soon.

Feedback is welcomed.

Last edited:

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Just the top in general when it comes to choices. Plus I tried to stick to rules and keep it "believable". Hence, like most others: only characters who have been on a Nintendo console at least once can be in.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Just the top in general when it comes to choices. Plus I tried to stick to rules and keep it "believable". Hence, like most others: only characters who have been on a Nintendo console at least once can be in.
If that's the case and you want it to be believable then I'd get rid of Lana, one of the star fox characters, piplup, starfy, maybe isaac, klonoa, slime and whoever giana is and add Impa, Mewtwo, Cloud, A more believable third party like Rayman

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Only thing is unlike Sakurai, I also wanted to focus on more fan's appeal than he did original. And Giana is there for a reason, being the most understandable Indie rep to me anyway.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion

Well, With the final DLC being revealed and the increasing amount of fire and flames I am seeing being fed gasoline I decided to make this, Just because I did find it disappointing too. ((Though I am not going ape**** like most people.))
It's still a WIP technically and I want people to vote on something which I will explain soon.
View attachment 88471
CUTS/Who I am NOT allowing in under any merrits. (2 honorable mention I wanted to include)
View attachment 88472

1. Goku/Shrek: ...Seriously?
2. Roy & Lucina: After the huge outcry with Corrin, I feel it's only fair to get rid of 2 of the most unpopular clones I know of, Especially since they are basically just Marth. ((With Roy being "Fire Marth")) Both MIGHT become alts for Marth.
3. Llyoid Ivring: I want to limit Swordfighters and I don't see him having a decent enough moveset. Yes, I said that. Go ahead and flame me.
4. Bomberman/Simon/Konami Reps: I wanted to get someone to replace Snake but with the recent issues I don't think I'd be able to get any characters from Konami if I actually made this game.
5. Dark Pit: Probably the worst clone in the Smash series, Also "Ow, The Edge".
6. King K. Rool: I'm sorry but I can't see him being that good of a fighter honestly. Before you get out your pitchforks if I actually decided to make a story mode to this game: He would definitely be one of the antagonists. Don't worry.
7. Geno: Character who hasn't appeared since about a decade and I honestly don't care about the Mii costume. I'd go as far to not mention his name within the game... At all.
8. Dr. Mario: Becomes an alt costume for Mario due to him retaining his Melee moveset.
9. Cloud: Yes, Yes. I am sure I am going to get yelled at A LOT. But I replaced him in favor of someone who I think fits more alongside the cast of Smash which is Slime.
10. Banjo: Sorry, But as long as Microsoft owns them, Nintendo isn't going to make a deal unless they outright buy his IP. And before you ask: I know Phil Spencer approved and whatnot but that's not an excuse.
11. Sora: Disney, That is all.

Now what I want you all to vote on is who the "?" rep should be, as I wanted to include at least 1 more alongside Giana. I am having trouble deciding though.
View attachment 88474
So I'll let everybody vote ONE of these 5.

Feedback is welcomed.
Not bad but if you wanna keep it realistic.You do have to make some cuts and keep some characters.For example get rid of piplup and replace it with Mewtwo.Like Mewtwo will probably always have a higher chance than most pokemon just by being a vet and being one of the most popular characters in both pokemon and smash.I doubt he'll be cut for a 2nd time.Same goes for Roy. He's a second returning smash vet with huge popularity.He probably wont be cut again.Linkle is more likely than Lana imo seeing as linkle is a real zelda character made takashi tezuka who has stated that he'll use linkle for other stuff besides hyrule warriors while Lana was made by koei tecmo just for this game.I'm sure by the time smahs 5 comes out lana will be a 1 and done chracter while we'll be seeing more of linkle.I doubt well see Krystal in anymore Star fox let alone smash.Especially with SF0 looking to change the story a bit and with ehr not even appearing in it already hurts her chances.Namco is good with one character and if we did get another one we'd probably get lloyd or nightmare but that's just me.I dont think Sakurai would ever cut Cloud for Slime.I like to think he'll find that a slip in the face to his fans and to square-enix.Who is Giana?Like it or not 3rd parties still have to be recongizeable. Bayonetta maybe kinda niche but some people do know her.I been playing games my whole life and never heard of this character.For that quesiton mark box go with either Bubsy or Shantae. I say Bubsy is pretty iconic for being infamous and many people do know him and than shantae is gaining a following in both the U.S and now Japan i actually find her rather likely for smash 5 if she can keep making games.

That was long but hi you wanna some crictism

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Giana is reconizable though believe it or not, Holding quite a strong following. Maybe not on these boards but you will be surprised.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913

View attachment 88471
CUTS/Who I am NOT allowing in under any merrits. (2 honorable mention I wanted to include)
View attachment 88472

2. Roy & Lucina: After the huge outcry with Corrin, I feel it's only fair to get rid of 2 of the most unpopular clones I know of, Especially since they are basically just Marth. ((With Roy being "Fire Marth")) Both MIGHT become alts for Marth.
3. Llyoid Ivring: I want to limit Swordfighters and I don't see him having a decent enough moveset. Yes, I said that. Go ahead and flame me.
4. Bomberman/Simon/Konami Reps: I wanted to get someone to replace Snake but with the recent issues I don't think I'd be able to get any characters from Konami if I actually made this game.
6. King K. Rool: I'm sorry but I can't see him being that good of a fighter honestly. Before you get out your pitchforks if I actually decided to make a story mode to this game: He would definitely be one of the antagonists. Don't worry.
7. Geno: Character who hasn't appeared since about a decade and I honestly don't care about the Mii costume. I'd go as far to not mention his name within the game... At all.
8. Dr. Mario: Becomes an alt costume for Mario due to him retaining his Melee moveset.
9. Cloud: Yes, Yes. I am sure I am going to get yelled at A LOT. But I replaced him in favor of someone who I think fits more alongside the cast of Smash which is Slime.
10. Banjo: Sorry, But as long as Microsoft owns them, Nintendo isn't going to make a deal unless they outright buy his IP. And before you ask: I know Phil Spencer approved and whatnot but that's not an excuse.

Now what I want you all to vote on is who the "?" rep should be, as I wanted to include at least 1 more alongside Giana. I am having trouble deciding though.
View attachment 88474

Feedback is welcomed.
I think Metroid is warranted of a third, non-Samus character. I agree with the general consensus of removing Krystal, Lana and Piplup in favor of Mewtwo, Linkle and a third Metroid character. Doesn't have to be Ridley, but I could imagine Adam Malkovich or a new character. I don't think Smash needs an indie character that isn't owned by Nintendo, six guest characters in a Nintendo crossover is enough, made only tolerable to me because they're all recognizable. If nor for the die-hard Dragon Quest fan in me, I'd say Slime was a stupid choice, but I'm inclined to agree it makes more sense than Cloud. Replace that indie slot with maybe Roy, maybe some new Nintendo IP, idk.

Edit: Klonoa, Starfy (we knew ye well), and Isaac aren't great. Give Takamaru and some other guys those spots.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

View attachment 88471
View attachment 88472

View attachment 88474

Feedback is welcomed.
First off, why Piplup, second off, why Giana? I hardly even know the character so seeing her is really odd.

Then there's what you said about Lloyd, he would be unique, want proof, play SSF2. He's not just an average swordsman. Hell, swordsman don't even take that much space in the roster.

Then there's the fact that Sora isn't owned by Disney directly, he's owned by Square and Disney.

Why not both Slime and Cloud? I don't see any harm in that.

For your last character I'd choose Quote.

Your roster gets a three out of ten from me as I feel there to be a lot of questionable disissions and poor judgement.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Giana is reconizable though believe it or not, Holding quite a strong following. Maybe not on these boards but you will be surprised.
Sorry but like literally who?

I have no idea who this character us and I've been on a lot of sites, I had to look her up, that's not a good sign.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Sorry triple-post I know, but I also want to point out that Cloud is much more recognizable then Slime and that's saying one HELL of a lot, and Lloyd is without a doubt a better pick for a Namco-Bandai character, as he's much less obscure and has much more moveset potential to work with other then grabbing. No seriously, you harp on Lloyd "Not having a moveset" and yet you choose a character that's known for doing one thing, ironic to say the least...

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Sorry triple-post I know, but I also want to point out that Cloud is much more recognizable then Slime and that's saying one HELL of a lot, and Lloyd is without a doubt a better pick for a Namco-Bandai character, as he's much less obscure and has much more moveset potential to work with other then grabbing. No seriously, you harp on Lloyd "Not having a moveset" and yet you choose a character that's known for doing one thing, ironic to say the least...

Except it was proven Slimes can do more than just one thing.
And after having three Marth's, You can have too much of something and I think Swordfighters were that case in Smash 4, especially with counters. People like me honestly look for more "Platform" oriented fighters, Smash Bros. at it's core is a platform fighter after all.

Also this roster is old and I plan on uploading an updated one very soon. ...Oh, And I added Cloud alongside Slime in my updated Roster.

Last edited:

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
I know you just said this list was old, but no way Roy and Lucina would be downgraded to costumes. They'd either stay as fighters or be dropped entirely.
And I don't think there's anything bad about 6 Fire Emblem characters as long as we get plenty of characters from the other series to balance it out. If everyone had, on average, 4 reps, nobody'd be complaining.
Even then, Mario has 9 reps, and out of those, 1 is Mario, 1 is a semi clone (Luigi), 1 is a clone (Doctor Mario) and one is a derivate (Wario). He still has more characters based off of him than Marth has.

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Which is why I removed Doc as well, Also considering how Project M handled alt costumes as well as Dr. Mario having his special effects included in his costume, I think Roy and Lucina being alts isn't too far of a stretch. I may add one FE newcomer though now that I think about it, Probably Lyn.
I think Metroid is warranted of a third, non-Samus character. I agree with the general consensus of removing Krystal, Lana and Piplup in favor of Mewtwo, Linkle and a third Metroid character. Doesn't have to be Ridley, but I could imagine Adam Malkovich or a new character. I don't think Smash needs an indie character that isn't owned by Nintendo, six guest characters in a Nintendo crossover is enough, made only tolerable to me because they're all recognizable. If nor for the die-hard Dragon Quest fan in me, I'd say Slime was a stupid choice, but I'm inclined to agree it makes more sense than Cloud. Replace that indie slot with maybe Roy, maybe some new Nintendo IP, idk.

Edit: Klonoa, Starfy (we knew ye well), and Isaac aren't great. Give Takamaru and some other guys those spots.
I could add Anthony Higgs if I really wanted to, but Other M seems to be treated like the Sonic 06 of Metroid from what I've seen.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Except it was proven Slimes can do more than just one thing. And after having three Marth's, You can have too much of something and I think Swordfighters were that case in Smash 4, especially with counters. People like me honestly look for more "Platform" oriented fighters, Smash Bros. at it's core is a platform fighter after all.

Also this roster is old and I plan on uploading an updated one very soon. ...Oh, And I added Cloud alongside Slime in my updated Roster.
I wasn't referring to Slime actually, I was referring to Klonoa...

You shouldn't look at a character based off of their default weapon but off their own merits. If you look past his default weapon Lloyd could be a really fun and unique addition and a great second Namco character.

But I'll wait till your updated roster.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I can't see them downgrading Lucina, Roy, Dark Pit or Doctor Mario

Sakurai himself said "When you have such fans and you just change the character-model and leave it at that and it becomes the same as Mario, we thought people might get angry". The same obviously applies with the rest now, they've become their own fighters, they have to stay that way

I wouldn't say Krystal and Isaac are bad at all. In my book, as long as a moveset is possible, the character can get in. I think King K Rool could be added as well as replace Piplup with Mewtwo, and while I do hate the overrepresentation of FE in SSB4, I say don't cut Roy at least.

I can't see them downgrading Lucina, Roy, Dark Pit or Doctor Mario

Sakurai himself said "When you have such fans and you just change the character-model and leave it at that and it becomes the same as Mario, we thought people might get angry". The same obviously applies with the rest now, they've become their own fighters, they have to stay that way
There are actually people who need Dr. Mario to stay? *Sigh*.

I dislike Dr. Mario more than any other clone is Smash history mainly because he is Mario. Look at all the clones in Smash.

Ness-Lucas - 2 different people, barely clones at that
Ganondorf-CFalcon - They have their own playstyles I guess..
Pit-Dark Pit - Dark Pit is LITERALLY A CLONE in KI:Uprising, so that's merited.
FE characters - I don't know much about FE but I do know that she plays like Marth cuz she was pretending to be him
Luigi is not that much of a semi clone either so....
Starfox - Ehh, how much originality could you really give a pilot who had never been out of his Arwing when Smash was made?
Links - They are all different incarnations, not the same person.

All I'm saying is that if you make a character that has an 'alter ego' that's already there, like Zelda/Sheik, Samus/ZSS, give it a new moveset. Dr. Mario should stay an alt.

phew...that feels better

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Updated OP, Also added in the second Indie character based on the number of votes. Should be obvious, congrats, you kid-cats. ;P

I have a feeling people will hate me for adding him though. Eheh. ^^;

Last edited:

Questriolu

Smash Cadet
It's pretty well done. :3
Here are my thoughts:

I guess it would be nice to have a Slime as a 2nd Square Enix rep. It sounds pretty funny if you think about it. Maybe even creative. :3

Giana's definitely a nice touch for new characters, especially as an indie rep. I'd like to see what she can do, if she's a possible character. :3

As much as Bubsy isn't exactly my liked, or even my disliked character, he is the best fit for a joke character, compared to Shrek, Goku, etc. He would be equivalent to Ganondorf, in terms of being a fun charcter, if possible.

Is the Pokemon slot beside Piplup is a space for a Pokemon character? Or is it a surprise of some sort?

As a Dark Pit main, I personally think maybe he would have a moveset and statistics overhaul. Instead of being completely removed, he would instead use his Dark Pit staff. He would more lighter(if you get this, staff users works pretty much in a Glass Cannon class in Kid Icarus: Uprising), faster, but more fragile. His staff can be fired at a straight line at any direction, but the further the projectile flies, the stronger the projectile is. Side B would be his Ogre Club(or his EZ Cannon), and his Up B is still the Power of Flight. I would go more on Dark Pit's overhaul, but you might get my point.

I wasn't referring to Slime actually, I was referring to Klonoa...

You shouldn't look at a character based off of their default weapon but off their own merits. If you look past his default weapon Lloyd could be a really fun and unique addition and a great second Namco character.

But I'll wait till your updated roster.
Why not have both? ;3
Also, not to be rude, but Klonoa actually uses more than just his ring. Anyways, looking at Klonoa Heroes/Namco X Capcom, he is able to use his Ring as a projectile/attack, instead of just a grabbing tool. He uses a blade, hammer, arm cannon, shield, and a boomerang. Thanks to the said weapons that Klonoa can use, he can have a great amount of versatility, while some can be restricted in situational use. Weapons aside, he also have different abilities to help him, like the ability to float/fly for a short time in a similar fashion to Yoshi, etc. Even if Klonoa is completely restricted to throwing and grabbing, he can still have a way of attacking. For example, he can throw different types of enemies from his home series: Normal Enemies, Bomb Enemies, Ghost enemies, etc.
No need for bias on one character. I respect your opinion about Lloyd Irving, but there's no need to say that Klonoa can't fit in the game, simply because he has only a grab and throw. Again, I'm not trying to be rude, I just want to point things out for ya.

Last edited:

Mario123311

Smash Ace
The "Pokemon" rep was there mainly because typically Smash games introduce a new Pokemon character that exists during that generation. I dunno if I should add a recent fan-favorite or just go with whatever the newest one Nintendo is promoting and whatnot. =P I was kinda rooting for Lilac more but I saw most of the votes here going toward Bubsy, This isn't exactly a heavily-active thread though so I guess not many votes toward anybody is to be expected.

I may see what to do with Dark Pit and possibly Lucina at some point, The only thing that's really standing in the way is keeping the roster size nice and not all ugly. XP ((Organization)) Both weren't exactly removed entirely in my roster, Moreso they become alt costumes.

Mario123311

Smash Ace
X3 (I forgive)

I should try and redo the mockup picture at some point considering I have a better art program and all. Plus I somewhat would love to make a custom stage select screen.

Top Bottom