• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marios best stage?

-PM-

Smash Ace
mine srsly is rainbow cruise =D because its such an easy map to KO on that almost any character is good on it so if it a good moment i pick it and i almost always win it =D

copper90

Smash Apprentice
I like picking FD, it seems to work. Try it out, if it doesn't work, change it up a little.

-PM-

Smash Ace
srsly for some strange reason i hate FD now cause of how much everyone picks it lol like i can win on it but if you going against like a fox, falco, sheik, or marth they have the tendency to control that map really bad sometimes and i dont like it i still win but its annoying especially falco

i per fer Pokemon stadium over everything because of the change ups and its really easy to combo on that stage with all the characters i use

Gea

Smash Master
Counterpicking is character specific, even moreso for Mario.

Also: Stages like Stadium aren't good counterpicks. Neutral stages (minus FoD) usually reward your opponent as well, while you don't get as much benefit. Try picking stages like DK64 against Samus, FoD against Falcon, and to a lesser extent Brinstar for Spacies. Avoid Mute City against almost anyone and Floats against Falcon. Also avoid Green Greens. Japes isn't a terrible choice against Falcon either.

Super Mari0

Smash Journeyman
cmon man Pokemon Stadium ftw

youve got alot of space and 2 small platforms its near perfect for me....it isnt anymore when it changes =/ but its better than FD for sho(lol ''sho'':psycho:)

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I like Pokemon Stadium, it works most of the time for me. FD I just get torn apart by Marth's. :(

Gea

Smash Master
Bleh, no way. Nuetral stages generally should be last resort unless you're a character like Samus (who loves Dreamland and Kanto) or Jiggs (dreamland). Or I guess if you ban mute (which you should) Peach is going to take you to dreamland.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
(ima doc player)

I dunno exactly how chaingrabbing works with Mario, but i'd imagine it works the same as with Doc.

If that's the case, then it's not bad to take Fox to FD, cause you can chaingrab the hell out of him w/o platforms to get in your way.

Beyond that, I like counterpicking corneria because I can stand on the fin and get good angles with my pills, because i can chaingrab left of the fin, and i can stand under the fin and walltech if i need to.

__

I'd imagine Yoshi's Story would be a useful stage for mario, since you can use your up+b glitch and add some options to your recovery. Ya obviously wouldnt want to take marth or ganon there, though. You'd also wanna watchout for a bowser or DK on there, too. >.<

Um........

beyond that, I think you'd have to do more counterpicking against your opponent if you need to. But that's always a risk if you dont know who they can play.

Pritch

Smash Lord
I'm no mario player, mind you, but I've seen/played with Green Mario a fair amount now. And Green takes people to FD, then destroys them with uair combos of ridiculosity.

Having seen this scenario play itself out quite a bit I'm gonna have to say it works pretty well.

YangKang

Smash Apprentice
Argh Green Mario needs to upload more videos :(
For me FD and DL64 are perfect when I go vs Oppenents in my level when they are better than me I just choose Yoshis Story and try to edgeguard the **** out of em =)

Super Mari0

Smash Journeyman
LOL how can you pick Rainbow Cruise as a counterpick for Mario? :psycho:

dude actually Gae is right counterpickin if important for Marios especially against a Marth
(god do i ever shut up about Marths? :psycho: )
i would definatley prefer Poke Stadium because:
when it doesnt change (its normal) its overall awesome for Marios coz they can use those 2 platforms fo showing off Wave Land skills AND do some awesome Uair ,Grab Shffl combos coz of the space
if it changes it still isnt best for Mario but it still doesnt give you any Major problems
and if its the Rock thingy then you can use the Down Smash in the middle of that Pit so you can hit Both hits from your d-smash it really does work!

but the opponents can actually DI away and Tech =/ but sometimes if u do it suprisingly it really looks cool especially for Combo Vids :psycho:

but generally you should pick Yoshis Story ^^

Top Bottom