• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario's Down Tilt

Doc King

Smash Lord
Kirby's B throw is good but it can be escapable, leaving Kirby vulernable and then he can be punished with a strong move like Fox's upsmash.

Something I should also mention, Sheik's down B move can be pretty useful at times like when recovering and if you like Zelda better than you can change to her, giving you the ability to switch over. It's like playing 2 characters in one.

Also Pichu's forward B can be used for recovery without taking as much damage as the up b move.

I'm actually thinking that maybe Kirby's down B move should be one of the 5 worst moves in the game since its very laggy and leave you predictable enough to get punished and doesn't give out much damage or knockback. While Ganon's punch could be a Puff rest punisher.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Which can result in the most part a self destruct and aren't that useful in the usually played stages.

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
nobody ever says anything about Captain Falcon having two taunts. and marth's up smash is pretty awful but still usable like every other move in the game

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Falcon doesn't really have two taunts. You need to have seperate sound effects for both.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Aerial Gerudo Dragon is the worst move in the game. It's like having a 'lose' button.
Raptor Boost isn't too good as an aerial move either. Its Meteor Smash effect is too weak to be effective. And of course, it's horrible for recovery, since it can't grab ledges.

I.B

Smash Lord
It apologizes.

Top 5 worst moves in Melee (moves that are unlikely to do you any good in tourney setting)?

1. Mario Down Tilt
2. Falcon F-throw
3. Ganon Nair/Uptilt
4. Roy Jab
5. Ness PK Flash

idk. Discuss!
roy jab isn't that bad. you can edgeguard spacies with it <_<. Ganon n-air....Kage did a 0-death on G$ involving n-air. Falcon's f-throw...gimping spacies and falcon ditto (it's not good, but there are worse moves than that).

ness' d-smash is way worse than PK flash. Zelda's d-air is pretty up there.

- unknown522

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
So many people are putting moves on high tier characters that actually have use... The real 5 worst moves are:

Kirby's Fthrow
Kirby's DownB
Kirby's Dash attack
Kirby's nair
Kirby's sideB

Kirby is so bad.

EDIT: How did I forget ftilt? Yeah, replace sideB with ftilt.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I'd go with Luigi's d-tilt, Link/Young Link's f-throw, Pichu's grab pummel, and Kirby's f-throw. All pretty terrible / useless moves.

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
DK's aerial Down B is the best, no idea what you guys are talking about.

It has zero starting lag. It has zero landing lag.

You can go into any other aerial move on the /first/ frame. What other move has that?

SpeedGhost

Smash Cadet
didnt read the whole thread, but f-air for fox/falco is hella useless and personally i think it'd be better to just eliminate that move altogether and have no input there so u dont get pwned trying to do a n-air off the stage and just fall to ur death while ur opponent chirps.

Bing

Smash Master
lol, afro chris got me once in a friendly. He stalled the clock out, and missed the rest with 4 seconds left.

also, yeah kirby's n-air is bad.
Yeah, the rest is sorts hard to hit off the ledge but its alright, I used to do it against my friends(the really bad players) but its funny when it hits.

btw, young link in general = bad
Ness Down titl?

If it hasnt been mentioned, then ganon's up tilt

yeah, quite a few useless moves...

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Space animal Fairs enable some combos because Nair has too much KB.

Kirby's Nair is awful but, tragically, it's also one of his only moves that he can use to fall on someone and it actually serves a purpose in combos on occasion. It's also not that bad vs space animal Side B, and some other recovery moves.

For actually useless moves I'm gravitating towards Jigglypuff's F-tilt. Largely because it's obsoleted by most of her moveset. There are occasions where it's the best move but they're extremely rare cases.

I maintain Ness down+B is pretty useless, at least in singles. I also maintain Ness d-smash is really bad.

MasterShake

Smash Lord
didnt read the whole thread, but f-air for fox/falco is hella useless and personally i think it'd be better to just eliminate that move altogether and have no input there so u dont get pwned trying to do a n-air off the stage and just fall to ur death while ur opponent chirps.
Hm.

No.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
i said jiggs ftilt and nobody responded, but i bet people pay attention now that KK did it

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
i routinely use falcons fthrow by the edge when i expect people will DI away and i wont be able to follow anything anyway
came here to post this. altho bigD was the one who taught me this in the first place so i cannot complain about being beaten to the punch ;)

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
For actually useless moves I'm gravitating towards Jigglypuff's F-tilt. Largely because it's obsoleted by most of her moveset. There are occasions where it's the best move but they're extremely rare cases.
This is basically how I feel about ganon's nair. Its just hard calling it the worst move in the game because it actually does have some uses, it just doesn't have much of a place in the megagame.

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
Zelda's D-tilt is pretty horrible... but you can edgeguard with it kinda. And you can d-tilt > kick on spacies @ 100+, I think.

I just realized I don't even know what Kirby's F-tilt is.

G&W's Bucket sucks but it has its uses I guess... his U-air as well.

Kirby's aerial Forward B can't possibly have a use, can it?

Y/Link's Upsmash is stupid and never works, unless you're below a plat or something.

DK's Forward B... Samus' Zair lol...

Just a few ideas for discussion.

Top Bottom