• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marios Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredjackson

Banned via Administration
Can someone help me out a bit with Marios story?

See, in Brawl, i saw Marios third brother, Wario, and he is **** cool. But in order for a 60 years old man who participates in fighting tournaments to have 2 evil brothes and be able to fire fire, I guess Mario has a deep story.

I buyed Galaxy today as Brawl got me interested in playing Super Mario.

All in all, what is the story of the Mario games?

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
Can someone help me out a bit with Marios story?

See, in Brawl, i saw Marios third brother, Wario, and he is **** cool. But in order for a 60 years old man who participates in fighting tournaments to have 2 evil brothes and be able to fire fire, I guess Mario has a deep story.

I buyed Galaxy today as Brawl got me interested in playing Super Mario.

All in all, what is the story of the Mario games?
Bowser: Im gonna kidnap PEach!(Again)
Peach: O NOES!
Mario: MAMA MIA!(goes to save her)

(again)

antimatter

Smash Lord
60 years old? two evil brothers? wario as a third brother? i hope you are joking. wikipedia mario for crying out loud.

fredjackson

Not really, no. Story is pretty much the weak point of the Mario games - they almost all just boil down to Bowser kidnapping Peach and Mario going to rescue, or someone else like Wario stirring up trouble in some fashion and Mario going out to stop them. Super Mario RPG and the Paper Mario series are the exceptions, but even they really don't go into Mario's family, and Wario is in none of them.

Incidentally, I'm pretty sure Mario isn't 60 years old, and in his games he can only fire fireballs after picking up the Fire Flower item. They just ignore that in SSB in order to give him it as a special move.

Zevox
... Forget it, I dont want to play Mario.

Mario is a time-travelling ghost wizard who needs to collect all of the secret runespells to save the world. His brother Luigi is his arch-nemesis and has a laser sword that eats souls. At the end of Super Mario Galaxy, Mario kills Luigi with his own sword, but after the credits, it turns out that Luigi is a cyborg.

fredjackson

60 years old? two evil brothers? wario as a third brother? i hope you are joking. wikipedia mario for crying out loud.
60 years old, yes. Two evil brothes, yes. Luigi is the third brother. See Brawl and Melee, everyone can edit wikipedia.

DragonRider-ofSmashBros

Smash Apprentice
Grinnell, IA...... or something like that
Mario is a time-travelling ghost wizard who needs to collect all of the secret runespells to save the world. His brother Luigi is his arch-nemesis and has a laser sword that eats souls. At the end of Super Mario Galaxy, Mario kills Luigi with his own sword, but after the credits, it turns out that Luigi is a cyborg.
lol I F-ing wish..... it would make it a lot more interesting :p

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
This made my day. http://youtube.com/watch?v=TylvUGJIi_w

Wait, I forgot to mention that Peach is the sole harnesser of a sacred energy called Pure Aura, and the fire dragon Bowser, and his league of shadow ninjas, kidnap and harvest her energy to build a planet-destroying weapon called the Star Eater.

fredjackson

Wait, I forgot to mention that Peach is the sole harnesser of a sacred energy called Pure Aura, and the fire dragon Bowser, and his league of shadow ninjas, kidnap and harvest her energy to build a planet-destroying weapon called the Star Eater.
Hey, you are lying!

No, it's actually in the series of books that Nintendo made called Mario Bros: The Star Nemesis Prophecies. Although you kind of have to follow the viral marketing campaign, also.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
How could you possibly leave out the part where their father from an alternate universe, Bowser, comes in and teams up with Mario to help stop Luigi? Bowser is thrown from the top of a building by Luigi's shadow warrior Wario though, and is killed.

Edit: Sorry, I am thinking of a different Mario chronicle.

fredjackson

You're right.

Bowser is a plasma demon, not a fire dragon. Flaming Dragon Wang doesn't know anything about Mario's story.
HAHA, Dragon Wang. Stop being a lying noob, even I know more about Mario than you:laugh: ****IN OWNED, YOU PATHETIC LIER!

How could you possibly leave out the part where their father from an alternate universe, Bowser, comes in and teams up with Mario to help stop Luigi? Bowser is thrown from the top of a building by Luigi's shadow warrior Wario though, and is killed.
Wait, was that in the PSP spin-off? I'm sorry, the plot gets a bit complex sometimes. Though I also forgot to mention that Daisy is a lesbian space biker with a dark past and Birdo is the queen of a parasitic species known only as the Ner'golothz.

Zevox

Smash Lord
60 years old, yes. Two evil brothes, yes. Luigi is the third brother. See Brawl and Melee, everyone can edit wikipedia.
Oh brother - none of that is in Brawl or Melee, because none of it is true (except for Luigi being Mario's brother). Mario has only one brother, Luigi, and he is not evil, hes Mario's sidekick. In early games he was used as the second character in two-player modes, in more recent games he acts as a more traditional sidekick (Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga, Mario & Luigi Partners in Time) and even had his own starring role in a game were he rescues Mario (Luigi's Mansion). Wario is based on Mario's design, but not related to him. He was Mario's enemy in a couple of games (Super Mario Land 2 is the one I can recall), then got his own series, Wario Land, similar to but separate from Mario's, and now has another series, Wario Ware, which is a mini-game based series with no connection to Mario's. And none of them are 60 years old - what gave you that impression I'll never know.

Zevox

Whiteface

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRealWhiteface
Dude.... really... You've earned yourself the palmface of 9000 ridleys...... P.s I NEED whatever it is you're smoking.......

@Flaming Dragon Wang............ Awsomesauce

Dr. Mario is a rebellious young teenager who fights against the dark forces of Bowser when they destroy his home-town. Later he is captured and injected with Dark Aura and is forced to fight Mario.

One of the saddest scenes in the game is when Mario kills him and Dr. Mario says with his last breath "I'm sorry...it's not me..." and dies.

I actually cried when the violin kicked in during the cutscene.

fredjackson

Dr. Mario is Mario, as a doctor... how can you not know about the Mario series? That's almost impossible. :dizzy:
It looked like a baby game, so I never bothered.

When I saw he had 2 evil brothers and a good brother, Luigi, i figured there had to be some deep story. Like Mario being a mutant, as Peach seems like a ordinary human.

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
It looked like a baby game, so I never bothered.

When I saw he had 2 evil brothers and a good brother, Luigi, i figured there had to be some deep story. Like Mario being a mutant, as Peach seems like a ordinary human.
Are you on crack?

Whiteface

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRealWhiteface
Lolz.... This guy is the troll to end all trolls.... You belong in the LOTR series...... OMG.....LolLOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom