• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth combo thread?

Ipwn

Smash Apprentice
All just post some wicked comboes and prove Marth is ze Ubër Character!
All Fsmashes are tipped. exept if i say they aren't :'D

Combo list:

Fair -> Dtilt -> Fsmash
Fair -> Dair ( Ken combo :'D )
Fair -> Uair -> Utilit -> Fair -> Dj -> Dair.
Nair -> DubbleFair -> F-smash.
Grab -> Uthrow -> reapeat until Di allows a tipper ( on fastfallers )
F-throw -> Fsmash
D-throw -> Fsmash
F-throw -> DubbleFair -> F-throw -> Fsmash
DubbleFair -> F-throw -> DubbleFair -> Neutral A -> Fsmash
Camp -> Grab -> **** ( l0l0rz0rz on thisone :') )
Dash attack -> Fmash ( The great marth comob :') )
Fsmash -> Counter? ( ze wtf? )

Roche_CL

Smash Journeyman
F-Throw ---> Tipper (on floaty characeters, grab and don't hit them, throw them fast so they don't DI, )

D-Throw ---> Tipper (between 20 - 30%)(on fast fallers, hopefully they won't Tech)

if they are done near the edge they can be killers in low %, also abusing Marth's edgeguard n_n. They aren't that fancy looking, but they are sure effective.

Also:
SH Double Fair, F Smash.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
that's the beauty of counter. Makes your opponent focus on grabbing, which has a short range except for the three long rangers, and their lag time is horrible.
He means they'll just wait for you to counter and then grab you. You're unable to hit them unless you get hit which is what you should be trying to avoid. It's pretty easy to fake out a counter happy marth and many times they're not trying to fake you out you'll still get beat in the face. You know why? Because you have to start the counter before they attack and any decent player will simply stop their approach and wait for the flashing marth to stop flashing. Yes you may catch them by suprize a few times, but people will simply start to watch you more closely after you counter them.

The best time to counter is for out prioritizing a predictable move like a sex kick or an ^B recovery that's hard to edgeguard by marth's other means. ( a Pink that's good at sweetspoting, the Mario Bros, Marth, Roy, ...)

Volasko

Smash Ace
dont forget about the tried and true sword dance combo, but only the first 3 swings of forward B are gaurenteed for medium to heavy weight characters. What makes this so good is that marth can do his first forward B out of a dash dance and is easily pivoted, which catches opponents off gaurd.

Especially good on shieks...

AverageScalp

Smash Cadet
You'll have to excuse me, as I don't know all of the shorthand terms yet.

This is a favourite of mine for fast fallers with low damage: Grab->FThrow->Dash Attack->Up attack->up attack-> up attack (if you're not hitting with the tip)->Fsmash.

Then of course there's the classic Double Fair->Fsmash and so on and so forth

metroid1117

Smash Master
"Alternate Ken Combo": (it doesn't register as a true combo in Training Mode, so hence the quotes)

Dancing Blade (Level 1) -> DAir

Note: It only works if you...
1) Do it in the air
2) Space properly
3) So far the only character that I've found it can be done consistently is on another Marth.

Visual proof: 1:47 of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgKxKrHRECA

Vall3y

Smash Lord
i see this routine used alot on lots of chars like marth peach and even sheik:
fthrow, dash grab, grab jab, uthrow, utilt
then you can start lots of good stuff

Top Bottom