• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth Discussion Thread

Jibbles

Smash Apprentice
There is only one downside to the ultimate final smash, if you use it in the air and miss, it is instant DEATH!
I must be missing something here. Today, my school held an SSBB practice tournament, and I used Marth. When I used his FS in midair, it missed everyone and Marth flew off the stage (Final Destination). However, he stopped once he reached the side of the screen (in the air). Marth suspended there and puts his sword back into his fighting position. The Smash Ball effects then wear off and then I jumped and Up B back on stage.

I iwish I have video proof of this...

C-Dizzle

Smash Apprentice
I haven't a clue... though... the game isn't out yet... so how can there be elite Ike players?
I know the game isnt out but alot of AMERICANS have had brawl. IDK how they got it but apperently they have, SO maybe its the best so far.

ALSO maybe it is kinda like the BETTER CLAN, like the more higly ranked/ people who contribute the most to the clan.

C-Dizzle

Smash Apprentice
I must be missing something here. Today, my school held an SSBB practice tournament, and I used Marth. When I used his FS in midair, it missed everyone and Marth flew off the stage (Final Destination). However, he stopped once he reached the side of the screen (in the air). Marth suspended there and puts his sword back into his fighting position. The Smash Ball effects then wear off and then I jump and Up B back on stage.
Well thanks for telling us/me because all i have been told is that he dies, automatically.
Thanks im glad i know now.

C-Dizzle

Smash Apprentice
I've seen video footage of this however... Marth dies when he uses his final smash in the air! I wish I still had the link... ah well... maybe it varries depending on the condition...

Yeah I know what you mean. Apperntly you have a slight chance like if you are on the furthest side on a stage, and it goes ALL the was across, and it may like, just stop. Idk, ask him.

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
hmmm so there may be a say to go around the midair instant suicide FS...

Here's hoping to see a video of it and a demonstration if it's something that can be possibly done.

Okysho

Smash Ace
hey guys, quick question. It's almost the release date so I figure it's worth asking. I've had the game pre-ordered for a while, should I go early stand in line and wait for it or just go when the store opens?

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
w8 for store i think, no huge amounts of traffic lol lucky *******s :p

Dan2

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys,
I have a question for those most experienced with Marth (although it's probably stupid).

On the rest of the boards, people treat Marth like he is going to be alone in some Uber-God Tier. Do you guys think that Marth is as good as people are treating him, or are they simply over-reacting?

I know that there was recently a discussion about how good Marth would be facing a zairing samus, and it seemed to come out neutral. Can he really be the single best?

What do you guys think?

Okysho

Smash Ace
impossible, first off there's no kind of favourism like that in smash, else Kirby would be a godded character. Second, I thought there were no tiers in the game...

Either way I can't say that Marth alone is the best character. You also have to take into account personal preference. Some people don't like Marth (which is why there were so many people who didn't want him back) so they'll probably tell you otherwise...

In the hands of a good player, any character can be on top...

C-Dizzle

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys,
I have a question for those most experienced with Marth (although it's probably stupid).

On the rest of the boards, people treat Marth like he is going to be alone in some Uber-God Tier. Do you guys think that Marth is as good as people are treating him, or are they simply over-reacting?

I know that there was recently a discussion about how good Marth would be facing a zairing samus, and it seemed to come out neutral. Can he really be the single best?

What do you guys think?
Well OF COURSE HE IS THE BEST!

But my answer may be biased.

C-Dizzle

Smash Apprentice
hey guys, quick question. It's almost the release date so I figure it's worth asking. I've had the game pre-ordered for a while, should I go early stand in line and wait for it or just go when the store opens?

Hey i pre-orderd it also, im going to wait like out side for like 30 mins, to make sure im the first in the mall,(cuz i preorderd it a babages in the mall) but that is just me,I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its like so close.

Okysho

Smash Ace
I'm kind of worried now... there are rumours going around my town that there might be a shipping delay (of 1 day but still!) I've decided to go 30 mins early too. I pre-ordered mine from EB games (it's the only gaming store we have in Canada)

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
wassup people :D

the weekend of weekends ahve finally come after a long 2 years wait... and .. i have to admit, im so hesitated to put my hands in brawl again :D

I cant wait for sunday !!!

C-Dizzle

Smash Apprentice
I'm kind of worried now... there are rumours going around my town that there might be a shipping delay (of 1 day but still!) I've decided to go 30 mins early too. I pre-ordered mine from EB games (it's the only gaming store we have in Canada)
WHAT! well where did you hear this. and i will like CRY!

sorry you dont have much of a choise, with 1 Game store.

WOOT SO CLOSE.

Vaxxaruis

Smash Apprentice
okysho hey i live in San Diago Ca and my gamestop called me Today and told me first come frist serve soo if u live in a big city u might wanna wait i know i am at 10:00am

Okysho

Smash Ace
I'm probably going to head out early, but I've had my copy pre-ordered since July 27th 2007... There's no way that I won't get a copy... I just hope the rumour isn't true... For the record... it's just my area... so anyone from WINDSOR ONTARIO, CANADA TAKE HEED!!! EB MAY HAVE A SHIPPING DELAY!!!

C-Dizzle

Smash Apprentice
I'm probably going to head out early, but I've had my copy pre-ordered since July 27th 2007... There's no way that I won't get a copy... I just hope the rumour isn't true... For the record... it's just my area... so anyone from WINDSOR ONTARIO, CANADA TAKE HEED!!! EB MAY HAVE A SHIPPING DELAY!!!
well i have had mine preorderd since December of 07. but no one around here reallly cares about it that much. WELL then im glad im not where you are, with possible delays.

LISTEN TO THIS MY FRIEND GETS BRAWL TOMARROW. His dads friend works at like nintendo. NOT FAIR HE SUCKS AND EVERYTHING.

Why do the people who CARE must suffer? another LONG day.

Okysho

Smash Ace
False alarm! I just called my EB games. they said it would be on time! Hey wait a sec... Brawl comes out tomorrow... so... doesn't that mean you get brawl tomorrow too? I know for sure as hell I am! That means that I probably won't be posting tomorrow or the next week

C-Dizzle

Smash Apprentice
False alarm! I just called my EB games. they said it would be on time! Hey wait a sec... Brawl comes out tomorrow... so... doesn't that mean you get brawl tomorrow too? I know for sure as hell I am! That means that I probably won't be posting tomorrow or the next week
Yeah i AM GETTING IT AT NOON TOMARROW, thats as early as i can. and i will still be posting to share my Brawl code and everything. But i wont be on as much, deffinatly. My friend is getting it at MIDNIGHT, cuz his store has the midnight release, mine is at NOON . Not fair....

Worldkaos

Smash Cadet
Well I was at my Gamestop earlier today and they were doing something special. They were holding a Melee tournament in the afternoon before the Brawl tournament that evening. Winner of the Melee one receives a free copy of Brawl. So I decide to enter. I choose Marth (reppin the DoA ;)) and decimate the first two rounds only to lose in my third round thanks to a SD. :ohwell: Oh well I tried my best to show Marth is a force to be reckoned with and I had a fun experience. Now on to the Brawl tournament in about an hour :psycho: and after that a night of Brawl wifi, see ya'll on the net!

Okysho

Smash Ace
With less than 9 1/2 hours remaining until my EB games opens, I would like to wish all members of the Defenders of Akanea all the best in the coming week. May it be full of smash Marth and more smash!

I look forward to all the events we'll be sharing together and the tournaments we'll be having also. Best of luck, I'll see you all some time next week!!

Okysho out!

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
man i wish i was in america and get an american wii just for brawl :(
why do we have to get it months later just so that they change the spelling a little bit
anyway good luck wen u get brawl and finaly, a new smash after 7 years :)

C-Dizzle

Smash Apprentice
My Neighbor Got It At Midnight, And I Have Played It For 6 Hours And It Is The Best Thing Ever! Marth Is Amazing, And I Love It. It Is Great 100000 Out Of 10!

Okysho

Smash Ace
man i wish i was in america and get an american wii just for brawl :(
why do we have to get it months later just so that they change the spelling a little bit
anyway good luck wen u get brawl and finaly, a new smash after 7 years :)
Actually you'd be surprised as to the differences between the two games... European disks spin at a different frequency than the disks in the U.S. Same goes for Asia and such. When they bring a game overseas, it's not just translation, but they also have to adjust bits and pieces of the game and various hardware alterations so that it fits a European Wii. I don't know all the specifics except for that North American and European disk drives spin at a different frequency.

Proof? I had a Spanish exchange student try and buy a PS2 game here in Canada for her PS2 back in Spain. It didn't work because they spun at different speeds...

OMG LESS THAN AN HOUR BEFORE I GET BRAWL SOOOOO EXCITED I COULD HARDLY SLEEP LAST NIGHT!!!

bored

Smash Ace
I rarely used Marth in melee, but in brawl, i actually like using him.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Lol, after the game was released... this thread is more deertic than the sahara!!!

where you all went? im looking for matches!!! :D:D:D:D::D

C-Dizzle

Smash Apprentice
PM me your friend code hydde if you wanna fight!

I'm having some doubts about my skills right now though... either that or lvl 9 computers got buffed... or did Marth get nerfed beyond belief?
well the COMPS GOT Buffed i think. but not to much. I can still whoop em. I wanna fight u too. I will get my friend code on here later.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
PM me your friend code hydde if you wanna fight!

I'm having some doubts about my skills right now though... either that or lvl 9 computers got buffed... or did Marth get nerfed beyond belief?
remember that FCodes are below the nicknames now :D

4210-3660-2880, whats yours?

Marth? IMO he got buffed in certain areas, i feel that he has even some advantages against a big bunch of the cast. Right now im playing him, PT and sonic to have some fun...and sometimes wario.

and add me, ill be later in house in like an hour or so!

Conk

Smash Cadet
Don't know if this is the right topic, but I'll give it a shot.

I'm a noob at Marth and am trying to learn how to edgeguard. I can do it decently in training against some characters, but my friends that use Snake (use the Up+B from far away so when I reach them they are above me) or Lucas (scared to hit him during PK Thunder for fear of getting owned by his crazy knockback when Lucas hits me with it). What should I do to get better at this.

(If this is wrong topic, tell me where I should post stuff like this)

Top Bottom